• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

What does everyone use on a warlock when you're running relic? Every jump feels soooooo sluggish.

Total pandemonium on the floor and I'm just floating around, drifting from platform to platform

What does everyone use on a warlock when you're running relic? Every jump feels soooooo sluggish.

Total pandemonium on the floor and I'm just floating around, drifting from platform to platform
Focused Burst is always the best option.
mostly what you're comfortable with.

NeOak

just picture a darkness consumed you screen

D6l8fu1.gif

Anyone down for CM Golgoroth?

I don't have checkpoint though, so if we do get a group, we'll either need a CP, or just run through normal until we get to it.

Trying to do last exotic sword strike with two friends; my Destiny crashes early on (first crash in ages); Marlon Rando joins before I can rejoin. They quit and we try it again. Get to final room and we've dispatched an extraneous warden and another person crashes out and we get another random too quickly-- who refuses to join strike chat and just at the verge of victory murders the wardens too soon.

So we kill the boss and leave. Fuck it.

Rehsa

Well got the rest of the T2 CoO fragments, the sunless cell and shield bros fragments, and the fragment from the bounties. Just need two T3, NF and the raid ones

I had a few thoughts on the points Luke Smith raised during that recent stream about the Golgy phase and people using single orb strat. They should have added a damage multiplier, the more orbs you string together the higher the multiplier. So that golgy would enrage if you only did a 1 or 2 orb strat. They should have made it so you needed at least 3 orbs each run. With the damage bonus for 6th orb being ridiculously high as a bonus for the mayhem it can be running a 6 orb strat.

Trace

Banned
13925720_636641286491052_6520122256768935204_o.jpg

Well it took almost two years but I finally got this done. If there's a list somewhere can I get added to it? =D

PSN: MBFtrace

Got 100% on Taken King too, can screenshot that if needed.

I had a few thoughts on the points Luke Smith raised during that recent stream about the Golgy phase and people using single orb strat. They should have added a damage multiplier, the more orbs you string together the higher the multiplier. So that golgy would enrage if you only did a 1 or 2 orb strat. They should have made it so you needed at least 3 orbs each run. With the damage bonus for 6th orb being ridiculously high as a bonus for the mayhem it can be running a 6 orb strat.
This is a good idea, would have worked well for encouraging a different strategy.

The fact that he thought people would use shotguns (which were nerfed) is kinda hilarious. Bungie's vision of Destiny is often very different from the players.

I'm trying to be nice about it... but the shotgun comment (and the very presence of Trickle) makes me wonder about their vision sometimes.

This is a good idea, would have worked well for encouraging a different strategy.

The fact that he thought people would use shotguns (which were nerfed) is kinda hilarious. Bungie's vision of Destiny is often very different from the players.

I'm trying to be nice about it... but the shotgun comment (and the very presence of Trickle) makes me wonder about their vision sometimes.

Shotguns in HoW era would have ripped golgy. Imagine unloading with 4th Horseman or Lord of Wolves. The PVE nerf hit them hard.

I feel like they put the modifiers in like trickle to give us a challenge without really thinking of the negative impact it has upon the gunplay.

WeTeHa

Shotguns in HoW era would have ripped golgy. Imagine unloading with 4th Horseman or Lord of Wolves. The PVE nerf hit them hard.

I feel like they put the modifiers in like trickle to give us a challenge without really thinking of the negative impact it has upon the gunplay.

Trickle and grounded, ugh. I mean, grounded is fine, at least it changes how i play the game, but trickle just makes everything more tedious. We need at least mayhem as a counterpart. Mayhem in a nightfall, just imagine the lightshow we could have.

Hey WeTeHa my man! I'm back on the train buddy! Preparing for the next xpac. Hope we can put the band back together! Looking at you Jafku, Pandora and friends! ;-)

Hi nico :) At the moment i mainly play on the weekend with an hour here or there during the week. But I'm sure we can do some stuff :p Did you finish your moments of triumph?

13925720_636641286491052_6520122256768935204_o.jpg

Well it took almost two years but I finally got this done. If there's a list somewhere can I get added to it? =D

PSN: MBFtrace

Got 100% on Taken King too, can screenshot that if needed.

That is awesome congrats. Destiny was my first Platinum it is something special.

Ji66a-Man

I'm not gonna lie, those 2 KF HM runs were rough. We got it done, but learn from the mistakes made in those runs. It'll make future runs a lot smoother.

GutZ31

I'm not gonna lie, those 2 KF HM runs were rough. We got it done, but learn from the mistakes made in those runs. It'll make future runs a lot smoother.

The usual strate. Weekly raid. Starting on Oryx for reference.
https://youtu.be/YaAMpIW6snI?t=41m19s

If you want detailed explanations of whats going on, feel free to ask with time stamps of what might be confusing.
This stream has all the raids btw if you feel like watching those as well.

Edit: Not directed at you Jigga, but responding to those it may concern.
Good job keeping it up.

Spent all my marks upgrading my Bad Juju drop to year 2. Spend a couple of days maxing it out, and no sooner do I accomplish that then....a Grasp of Malok with Perfect Balance & Headseeker drops during my daily heroic vanguard. I can't even decide between them and Hawksaw. Juju is amazing, but I'm really attached to my Zen Meteor...

GutZ31

Spent all my marks upgrading my Bad Juju drop to year 2. Spend a couple of days maxing it out, and no sooner do I accomplish that then....a Grasp of Malok with Perfect Balance & Headseeker drops during my daily heroic vanguard. I can't even decide between them and Hawksaw. Juju is amazing, but I'm really attached to my Zen Meteor...

Grasp is PvP all day. Bad Juju is good for both, but you are more likely to get consistent kills with grasp rather than bad juju, and the time to kill is quicker.
Hawksaw is good, but grasp naturally has an easy muzzle climb to control, while hawksaw usually has a hook pattern.

Would suggest for situational play. Juju is perfect for CoE when its super kills, or in raids where having your super is vital.
Bad Juju is still plenty viable in PvP, but if you have a grasp roll like that, you may want to try that out.

Grasp is PvP all day. Bad Juju is good for both, but you are more likely to get consistent kills with grasp rather than bad juju, and the time to kill is quicker.
Hawksaw is good, but grasp naturally has an easy muzzle climb to control, while hawksaw usually has a hook pattern.

Would suggest for situational play. Juju is perfect for CoE when its super kills, or in raids where having your super is vital.
Bad Juju is still plenty viable in PvP, but if you have a grasp roll like that, you may want to try that out.

Thanks for the advice. I have really sub-par aim so aim assist, stability, handling & low recoil are paramount to me. My Hawksaw with Perfect Balance + Counterbalance is the most steady weapon I own, but I'm going to max out Grasp and spend some time with it, see how I like it.

Okay, Grasp is legit. When both have Perfect Balance equipped it has less impact, range, stability and reload than the 'saw, but the RoF tradeoff makes it worth it.

Dave_6

Get a good Nirwen's Mercy! Mine has outlaw and feeding frenzy, it's pretty nice in pvp.

I've actually got the vendor one from late last year that has outlaw, braced frame (maxed stability) and third eye. I just forget that I have it as I keep it on my Warlock for some reason and the Warlock is my worst PvP class by far, lol.

shermas

I've actually got the vendor one from late last year that has outlaw, braced frame (maxed stability) and third eye. I just forget that I have it as I keep it on my Warlock for some reason and the Warlock is my worst PvP class by far, lol.

I like my Nirwen's (I have the same vendor one), but the Grasp seems to shred. If you can manage the RoF and recoil, I think it's faster than the Nirwen's.

I like to use the grasp (or a bullet hose AR) in CoE, too, because they really help with the assist points.

NeOak

Yep my Grasp with PB, CB and third eye lets me get the jump on so many people.

god I am jealous of this. Perfect PvP roll.

No Braced Frame so it's the second best. Still amazing though.

There is one that can be better. If I remember correctly, tripleWreck was farming for this: Headseeker, Braced Frame, Glass Half-Full.

It has the fastest TTK with a Grasp. It's one of the three Grasp rolls I carry.

Get a good Nirwen's Mercy! Mine has outlaw and feeding frenzy, it's pretty nice in pvp.
The previous roll Saladin sold was pretty good too.

Top Bottom