• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Lee

Someone on Reddit found some possible concept art for Destiny 2. Looks dark and incredible. Sword and spear and shield.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/41217415/Destiny-2-Boards

e0d0d941217415.579e27c55a96f.png
Anyone else seeing Genji in the first frame?

Same guy did design boards that appear to match what is now the Taken King splash screen. Could these Destiny 2 boards be the splash screen for the next game? https://www.behance.net/gallery/40609953/Destiny-The-Taken-King
They also did the Rise of Iron trailer: http://www.antfarm.net/

E-flux

What is the requirement for hardmode king's fall raid? I'd like to get my book done before the next expansion comes out and i'm currently sitting at 309 light.

Also, does anybody on the ps4 have extra room in their party for me? None of my buddies really play Destiny so finding raid mates is a bit hard.

Someone on Reddit found some possible concept art for Destiny 2. Looks dark and incredible. Sword and spear and shield.

Same guy did design boards that appear to match what is now the Taken King splash screen. Could these Destiny 2 boards be the splash screen for the next game? https://www.behance.net/gallery/40609953/Destiny-The-Taken-King

Hrm.

It'd definitely be a bonus if they leaned more heavily into a fantasy aspect

What is the requirement for hardmode king's fall raid? I'd like to get my book done before the next expansion comes out and i'm currently sitting at 309 light.

Also, does anybody on the ps4 have extra room in their party for me? None of my buddies really play Destiny so finding raid mates is a bit hard.

Around 310

Titans became Captain America.
Dammit press sneak fuck
Hi guys! In case you're curious: I spoke to the artist, who told me that this was one of several rejected pitches, so we probably won't see it in a trailer.

NeOak

I don't know what I'm going to do once the inevitable nerf happens.
Unlikely. Unlike the MIDA that had a ridiculous usage rate, and I quote: "around 25%", the Grasp has a usage rate average around 3.5% while the MIDA has around 5% in the Control playlist.

It barely tracks in most of the other playlists too. You don't see it that much in Trials either.

Dave_6

Unlikely. Unlike the MIDA that had a ridiculous usage rate, and I quote: "around 25%", the Grasp has a usage rate average around 3.5% while the MIDA has around 5% in the Control playlist.

It barely tracks in most of the other playlists too.

You don't see it that much in Trials either.

That must be right cause I definitely don't see anywhere near as many of them as I do Mida's. Right now Universal Remote is the most annoying thing out there IMO.

It barely tracks in most of the other playlists too. You don't see it that much in Trials either.

Those of us who farmed for it that week in the NF are few.

dats right

Dave_6

It was but a few of us who farmed for it that week in the NF.

Those who got "good PvP" rolls are fewer.

Those who got "god rolls" are rare.

I got my good one about 30 mins into farming. I stopped after that as I figured I wouldn't get anything else close to that.

NeOak

I got my good one about 30 mins into farming. I stopped after that as I figured I wouldn't get anything else close to that.
I got around 70+ (I lost count, most likely more) or so Grasps because I kept helping people that whole week. I have three god rolls that I carry, 3 "good rolls" and I kept all the 335s as fodder. I dismantled all 334s that had bad perks.

Can anyone tell me why the exotic sword quest for my moments of triumph wont complete even though I've done 2 out of 3 and character I'm using has never been deleted. I just started playing again last week and today started grinding out the mountaintop pvp quest. I'm at scout rifles and 1 more point in skirmish already but if I keep going for it is it gonna be pointless since the sword one wont complete? Could it possibly be I hadn't played game in months til last week? I have the 3rd exotic sword quest still to do on my 3rd character, so would I need to start mountaintop questline all over again with that one? I've tried giving the characters I did quest with the swords exotic and legendary ones to see if it would recognize it but no luck. The quests don't appear in abandoned kiosk either. Only info I could find was try putting book in vault then get it back out but still nothing. If I buy another sword from Shaxx will that possibly make quest appear then complete. How about the books can u transfer them between characters? Idk any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave_6

They mention no changes to vault space in that write up, but didn't Bungie confirm in the stream that vault space should no longer be a worry with ROI and dropping last gen?

Hedera

From the latest GI update:
I asked the development leads for Rise of Iron, and they didn’t have any current plans to further expand vault space. That’s not to say it couldn’t ever happen, but they didn’t tell us about any new initiatives there.

Didn't Bungie say that vault space wouldn't be a problem anymore in a stream? Were they not talking in terms of this expansion? I'm confused.

FyreWulff

From the latest GI update:

Didn't Bungie say that vault space wouldn't be a problem anymore in a stream? Were they not talking in terms of this expansion? I'm confused.

Considering their statistics showed that a small slice of people used their vault to capacity before the space expansion, I imagine the expanded space is maxed out by even less, so it's probably not a priority right now. Maybe they're also going to do more kiosk-like stuff so expanding vault is also lessened as a priority.

Speaking of GI: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...hree-days-exploring-destiny-rise-of-iron.aspx

Only read the first page but Saladin is going to sell engrams that will have the Y1 and Y2 Iron Banner armor. Shiro looks like he'll have the old IB class items as well.

EDIT: Liking more and more of what I read.

Hopefully he sells or you can get the Y1 emblems then. I'm missing one because I ran out of space and deleted one of them figuring I'd just grab it in the IB after the TTK update..

NeOak

Since the Bungie Store hasn't replied to me about returning this:

Anyone interested in the Destiny Titan Figure with the Hammer of Sol?

Lee

Since the Bungie Store hasn't replied to me about returning this:

Anyone interested in the Destiny Titan Figure with the Hammer of Sol?

FYI the store is super behind. Took three weeks for them to get back to me about the collector pins missing from my Bungie day order, and another week to ship the replacements. Once they got back to me however they were nice and communicative - just super slow.

my vault is bursting at the seams, but that is more because it is currently full of legendary and exotic engrams. Mainly exotics so that I can rank the hell out of the cryptarch and hopefully get some drops to improve light level.

I'm not expecting the engrams to drop at new light levels, or even new items. But if they do then bonus!

Considering their statistics showed that a small slice of people used their vault to capacity before the space expansion, I imagine the expanded space is maxed out by even less, so it's probably not a priority right now. Maybe they're also going to do more kiosk-like stuff so expanding vault is also lessened as a priority.
I'm hoping they implement something similar to what Diablo and Warcraft are doing which is basically the same thing as kiosks but for armor sets as well.

Year 1 armor should be infusable too. The more visual variety among the players, the better.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The Vendor Hawksaw the crucible quarter master sells is a laser with fitted stock, counter balance, and smallbore.

Mine has hand-laid/hip fire/hammer forged and the stability stat is maxed out. Would the vendor one be better though?

My grasp has headseeker and perfect balance and yet I always feel like my hawksaw kills faster for some reason...

Deku Tree

I'm hoping they implement something similar to what Diablo and Warcraft are doing which is basically the same thing as kiosks but for armor sets as well.

Year 1 armor should be infusable too. The more visual variety among the players, the better.

God roll legendary armor in the kiosk plz.

Hedera

my vault is bursting at the seams, but that is more because it is currently full of legendary and exotic engrams. Mainly exotics so that I can rank the hell out of the cryptarch and hopefully get some drops to improve light level.

I'm not expecting the engrams to drop at new light levels, or even new items. But if they do then bonus!
You know, now that you mentioned it, I do have a bunch of exotic engrams and legendary pieces to dismantle for quick marks. But still, given my hoarding habits not sure how long will it be till it fills up again. It'll have to do for another year anyway.

You know, now that you mentioned it, I do have a bunch of exotic engrams and legendary pieces to dismantle for quick marks. But still, given my hoarding habits not sure how long will it be till it fills up again. It'll have to do for another year anyway.

I completely forgot about the dismantling for marks. I wonder what light level the new vendor stuff will be at.

Now I will be stocking up on motes and heavy ammo synths ready to level up factions a lot. Get all those day 1 packages.

It seems as though my intuition about the iron gjallerhorn may have been correct, at least according to the IG guys.

They say the quests shouldn't be skipped because they are fun, but suggest that some people won't absolutely need to do them because the weapon is something you would already have for preordering.

That lines up with the way it's been marketed "preorder ROI, get the Iron Gjallerhorn" (i.e. not get a quest to get it). It's a pretty simple buy this get that kind of message.

I know some people are convinced that preorder or not you need to do the quest, I am not so convinced. But we will see!

Top Bottom