• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

I could use some vault space. My toons are stuffed, my vault is stuffed and I have zero dupe weapons. I've dismantled almost all my Y1 stuff (except icebreaker, fatebringer, murmur, voc and strangers rifle). With the variety of rolls available and the gunsmith weapons, there are a LOT of options right now.

I do have a bunch of exotic engrams that I'm hoarding, but still....

It seems as though my intuition about the iron gjallerhorn may have been correct, at least according to the IG guys.

They say the quests shouldn't be skipped because they are fun, but suggest that some people won't absolutely need to do them because the weapon is something you would already have for preordering.

That lines up with the way it's been marketed "preorder ROI, get the Iron Gjallerhorn" (i.e. not get a quest to get it). It's a pretty simple buy this get that kind of message.

I know some people are convinced that preorder or not you need to do the quest, I am not so convinced. But we will see!

The impression I got was that by pre-ordering you got a choice of which Ghorn you wanted upon completion of the quest, then both available from the kiosk. But the messaging has been vague enough that it could go either way.

Deku Tree

It seems as though my intuition about the iron gjallerhorn may have been correct, at least according to the IG guys.

They say the quests shouldn't be skipped because they are fun, but suggest that some people won't absolutely need to do them because the weapon is something you would already have for preordering.

That lines up with the way it's been marketed "preorder ROI, get the Iron Gjallerhorn" (i.e. not get a quest to get it). It's a pretty simple buy this get that kind of message.

I know some people are convinced that preorder or not you need to do the quest, I am not so convinced. But we will see!

Well in one of the reveals a Bungie dude definitely said that everyone needs to do the quest to get the horn, even if you pre-order. Not saying it's going to be like that but they did say it.

I'm pretty sure preordering nets you the Iron version, and anyone can quest for the normal version. Same with the sparrow, probably.
They've already said the regular Gjallarwing will be available for money from Eververse packages. Maybe they'll give us a few of those for free in SRL again.

Also the article flat out says the devs told them there's no plans to increase vault space. If that is true, it's really time to fire Deej.

Shiv47

Didn't Bungie say they really had to work to increase vault space the first time? Maybe they don't want to bother with doing so again until Destiny 2.

Didn't Bungie say they really had to work to increase vault space the first time? Maybe they don't want to bother with doing so again until Destiny 2.
I think that was due to limitations related to legacy consoles. With them being left behind, the hope was such limitations would be gone. And the golden age of vault space would begin.

I was under the impression that vault space restrictions were due to PS3/360 which do not concern Rise of Iron.

My boss has lots of vault space.

Oh man ill never forget that slap in the face, he really can be a jerk sometimes.

"omg he only has 1600 weapon parts left we need to do something" and "we hold the right to do anything with the game economy we want."

Nice attitude man. I can't stand that dude. I can't believe he still had a job.

Lol. I sharded a Matador because of vault space issues. I mask my shame with pseudo-rage.

On a serious note, ruthlessly culling your vault is a very cathartic experience. Bye-bye, Prison of Elder armor, I never used you...

Pretty much. I always feel pretty good when I free up a bunch of slots. I honestly feel that we have plenty of inventory space right now for a decent amount of stuff. The idea of having enough vault space to store absolutely everything is not terribly realistic.

"Oh hey...Y1 blue drops might be valuable one day! I keep them!"

For people like that, abandon all hope.

darthbob

Since the Bungie Store hasn't replied to me about returning this:

Anyone interested in the Destiny Titan Figure with the Hammer of Sol?

Would be interested in just the Hammer of Sol because I ordered the retail edition lol

Just wish the box was in better shape, but oh well.

NeOak

Pretty much. I always feel pretty good when I free up a bunch of slots. I honestly feel that we have plenty of inventory space right now for a decent amount of stuff. The idea of having enough vault space to store absolutely everything is not terribly realistic.

"Oh hey...Y1 blue drops might be valuable one day! I keep them!"

For people like that, abandon all hope.

Now? yeah.

From TTK to the April update when LL progression was shit, you kept those 300+ blues in case you got a piece that you wanted to level.

Would be interested in just the Hammer of Sol because I ordered the retail edition lol

Just wish the box was in better shape, but oh well.

I'm not opening it to part it. lol

darthbob

Now? yeah.

From TTK to the April update when LL progression was shit, you kept those 300+ blues in case you got a piece that you wanted to level.

I'm not opening it to part it. lol

Good luck, hope it goes to a DGAF'er. If not, then eBay would be your best bet. ;)

shermas

*Checks NF and CoE*

"Trickle"

*closes game*

NF isn't awful.. I did one run last night and the most annoying part was the walker room. Once we got to boss, it was melt time bc of the arc burn.

No chance I'm doing CoE this week with those modifiers, though.

And, I got an emote kit from the nightfall! Win!

Looking for advice. I don't own TTK, but want to catch up with ROI on the horizon.

I'm playing on Xbox.

First, it looks like I can't just buy ROI but I need to buy both TTK + ROI... Is there any sort of bundle which contains both TTK + ROI maybe at a reduced price? I thought I heard about some sort of Destiny Complete Collection but don't see it on the xbox store.

Is anything of the TTK Legendary Edition worth it for someone who already has Destiny with the first two expansions? Can you even get it digitally still?

Finally, are there any tips you would give to someone who's starting TTK now in preparation for ROI?

Thanks for any advice Guardians!

I know that once RoI is out and I've completed all the new quests I will still keep playing. Its all about setting yourself little goals.

At the minute mine is to get another 19 Rumble wins to max grimoire. After that it is to get all the faction exotics (4 more to go). Then it will be to clear all the old quests on my Warlock and Titan.

Then on top of that I've got the whole thing where I'm trying to complete collections. So grinding for shaders / emblems / ships / sparrows etc.

But as I'm starting my second degree in September I may not have as much time to play. But at least I know with the huge content gaps that I will not be left behind by too much.

Top Bottom