• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

XenoRaven

Is there a really good Hunter PVE build? It can be any of the classes but I've been looking and haven't seen a good one.
For fireteams Nightstalker is very useful in spawning orbs and controlling enemy spawns.

For individual stuff, I like Bladedancer with Escape Artist, Stalker, Vanish, and Shadowjack + Don't Touch Me gauntlets. Lots of invisibility options helps you get out of bad situations easily.

Is there a really good Hunter PVE build? It can be any of the classes but I've been looking and haven't seen a good one.

Fuck yes.

Nightstalker with predator (or shade step), black hole, light of the pack. Use Skyburners Annex and your favourite sword or LMG. Orbs for days.

Solo? Gunslinger with the perks that give bonuses for precision kills paired with your favourite precision guns.

jdstorm

Banned

I solo'd everything as a Hunter except the raids.
Can't remember my exact build, but I was a nightstalker, and i had a two grenade build which I used with fast cool downs to be practically invisible most of the time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have to upload that. That was bizarrre. Got a baboon error. Screen went black for 30 secs but I can still hear Pho and Dorrsom lighting it up. Then it brings me back but with all my kills and everything reset.

I'll probably end up getting NMS on the PC. PC master race. If Destiny was on PC I wouldn't even touch a PS4.

I have to upload that. That was bizarrre. Got a baboon error. Screen went black for 30 secs but I can still hear Pho and Dorrsom lighting it up. Then it brings me back but with all my kills and everything reset.

I'll probably end up getting NMS on the PC. PC master race. If Destiny was on PC I wouldn't even touch a PS4.

I've had it happen a few times Kadey. Massively annoying. I once had it happen during my 10th strike for exotic class item. Only when it loaded me back in the screen was black. Trying to do the fallen sabre boss fight with only audio cues with blueberries was impossible.

FyreWulff

I was under the impression that vault space restrictions were due to PS3/360 which do not concern Rise of Iron.

Doing a change like that also requires deeper engine work, which is why the original expansion was in two phases where they just sort of bumped the slots up the first time to max capacity when the vault was single-screen when they just had time and manpower for hotfixes while TTK's build was looming, and then TTK had the significant increase where they had time to do susbstantial UI/backend work and add multiple pages. They even were able to bring back comparing items in your vault to last-gen which they didn't even technically need to do.

You also, in theory, have to be careful of what you expand now because you could screw yourself in the future on something with finite RAM like a console. Let's just say for some reason you add 8000 vault slots now, well, now you're permanently stuck with RAM and networking bandwidth lost to those 8000 slots for future builds. It's easier to do small bumps here and there and not have to take away, or you have to go "well, we wanted 100 entities more for this raid with their own full set of textures and sounds.. so you're losing your vault space and we're going back to 2000 slots"

On PC you don't have to worry as much because either you can tell people to upgrade RAM or Windows will invent new RAM for you by using the hard drive as RAM for lesser used objects/OS programs, which is invisible to any game on Windows.

So yeah, dropping 360 and PS3 has gotten rid of a lot of chains on Destiny, and I can already tell from trailers/footage stuff they couldn't do on 360/PS3, but there's also elements where it's just standard conservative software engineering.

WeTeHa

Thats a pretty common occurence for me. the worst part? in darkness zones you spawn in dead AND you lose all your ammo in pve AND pvp except primary :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone.

That last game was easily winnable if random didn't leave. Had to go five on six for most of the match.

I want to know what FPS out there has like no lag or very very little of. I feel like whenever we play it's a gamble on whether we'll run into problems. With fighting games it's either the netcode is bad or not and a game's longevity is defined by it. But with Destiny you'll either have a good day with no lag or a bad day with.

border

For those who played No Man's Sky, how is it?

If you like survival/crafting games I think you should give it a try. If exploring dozens of planets to find new life is compelling, give it a try.

Beyond that though I don't think there is a lot to like. All the combat elements are bad, and the core gameplay is kind of a grind of mining and exploring so that you can craft or find better gear.

NeOak

Why are we getting matched with Putin's goons?

Good games. Those matches were a reminder not to play this on wifi.

GGs. That last match was terrible.

Good games everyone.

That last game was easily winnable if random didn't leave. Had to go five on six for most of the match.

I want to know what FPS out there has like no lag or very very little of. I feel like whenever we play it's a gamble on whether we'll run into problems. With fighting games it's either the netcode is bad or not and a game's longevity is defined by it. But with Destiny you'll either have a good day with no lag or a bad day with.

Maybe because:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/210790482

Cozmo said:
New Matchmaking Settings Applied to More Playlists

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44932/7_New-Matchmaking-Settings---07062016-
Today we applied the recent changes we made to Matchmaking settings in Control to all other playlists except Trials of Osiris - which uses different Matchmaking settings that are specific to that event. These settings will also be applied to the next Iron Banner. Play some games and leave your feedback below.

As expected, that thread is filled with:

1. Red bars
2. Salt
3. Lag
4. AIDS
5. Not CBMM
6. More SBMM

It has been super laggy in pvp lately, I really hope by Destiny 2 get their shit together with the code.

Yeah I had a few matches of rumble this morning with lots of funky stuff going on even with everyone on a green bar.

8am tomorrow, I have a package to open.
contents involve Rise Of Iron... Will post what I get.

So very jealous!

My destiny aim for the day is done. Another 2 rumble matches won. 17 more to go.

UK? I got my Heart of the Foundation pin super-quick with cheap postage, which surprised me as normally Bungie take an eon to arrive.

Eastern-EU. I ordered both pins the day after Bungie day, but they sent them out weeks later. Since together their cost was over the tax-free sum, customs of course decided to hold them... At least they finally arrived and did not get lost like some GAF members' stuff. I feel for them.

Doing a few runs of Challenge of Elders(speed runs, don't care about the score card) with a rep booster.

tp_Drewz if want to join.

EDIT: Two solo runs complete and i'm 30 rep from Rank 2 Variks on my Warlock which is all I want, sigh. Solo is actually kinda difficult, the second round can pretty much one shot you.

Doing a few runs of Challenge of Elders(speed runs, don't care about the score card) with a rep booster.

tp_Drewz if want to join.

EDIT: Two solo runs complete and i'm 30 rep from Rank 2 Variks on my Warlock which is all I want, sigh. Solo is actually kinda difficult, the second round can pretty much one shot you.

No keys or tokens to use for those last points?

Spades

8am tomorrow, I have a package to open.
contents involve Rise Of Iron... Will post what I get.

Same as this one, presumably?

GfqfeI3.jpg

Wonder what surprises await!

Top Bottom