• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I picked up the 360 version to stack the achievements before it's decoupled. Very first chest I open in the cosmodrome gives me Aurora Lance blueprint. I've never had any of the Y1 PS exclusive chest ships appear in any of the thousands of chests I've opened on XBOne since TTK came out. Insane RNG or Cross-gen loot shenanigans?

Melchiah

Since none of my friends play the game anymore, or don't have high enough levels for CoE, I was wondering if I could find companions here for that and Nightfall. Never played CoE before as I just recently went over 320, and it's been ages since I've been able to play NF.

My PSN ID is Kraft, and I'll be back at home on Sunday 21:00 GMT+3.

Do you generally use a headset for teamplay? I've got one, but I'm not the most talkative guy, especially as English isn't my native tongue.

I did a thing

yEEg7X.gif

Since none of my friends play the game anymore, or don't have high enough levels for CoE, I was wondering if I could find companions here for that and Nightfall. Never played CoE before as I just recently went over 320, and it's been ages since I've been able to play NF.

My PSN ID is Kraft, and I'll be back at home on Sunday 21:00 GMT+3.

Do you generally use a headset for teamplay? I've got one, but I'm not the most talkative guy, especially as English isn't my native tongue.

Talking a lot isn't a big deal, lots of players are pretty quiet. But you definitely want a headset to coordinate with your team mates. Just so you can hear basic info, like if someone tells you what side a mob is appearing on, if a walker's weak point is opening, the trick to avoiding a boss' light drain attack, etc.

I'm probably in the wrong time zone (JPN), but I'm up for going after the CoE scorecard if you're still on when I wake up.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

Melchiah

Talking a lot isn't a big deal, lots of players are pretty quiet. But you definitely want a headset to coordinate with your team mates. Just so you can hear basic info, like if someone tells you what side a mob is appearing on, if a walker's weak point is opening, the trick to avoiding a boss' light drain attack, etc.

I'm probably in the wrong time zone (JPN), but I'm up for going after the CoE scorecard if you're still on when I wake up.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

Ok. I'll blug the headset in then. I'm open for playing between monday-thursday as well, after about 16:00 GMT+3 (Helsinki, Finland).

I'll add you today before I leave home, so I won't forget to do so. =)

void666

Banned
It's like the game has a different set of rules that only applies to me when i play pvp.
I know it's probably caused by lag. But it's frustrating as fuck. Like when i hit this guy with shoulder charge and i instantly die to his storm grip. What?

I like the pvp in destiny. But i dread pressing that launch button. Because i know i'll get very angry.

I solo'd crota for the flawless raider trophy and it was fun. Challenging but fun. But i'm still no guardian lord because i still need that salvage trophy. And salvage is such a shit show.
Often the opposing team will just camp the relic (without deploying it) and wait for us.
I guess it's easier to rack up kills and boost that kdr when the other team is trying to play the objective. I've seen the same thing happen in other objective based modes.

XenoRaven

GGs to the Crucible train people

Like I said, a certain amount of alcohol makes me better at the game, and I am waaaaaay past that point now. I apologize for the last few losses.

NastyBook

GGs, apparently I don't even know what a Phantom is. Got kills while taking no damage. Thought it was a set number of kills without dying.

Should've uploaded the match, but I bounced out of the game too soon. Ah, well. Goodnight, everybody.

It's like the game has a different set of rules that only applies to me when i play pvp.
I know it's probably caused by lag. But it's frustrating as fuck. Like when i hit this guy with shoulder charge and i instantly die to his storm grip. What?

I like the pvp in destiny. But i dread pressing that launch button. Because i know i'll get very angry.

I solo'd crota for the flawless raider trophy and it was fun. Challenging but fun. But i'm still no guardian lord because i still need that salvage trophy. And salvage is such a shit show.
Often the opposing team will just camp the relic (without deploying it) and wait for us.
I guess it's easier to rack up kills and boost that kdr when the other team is trying to play the objective. I've seen the same thing happen in other objective based modes.

Fwiw you only have to deploy the relic 20 times to get that trophy, you don't actually have to "salvage" it at all. The trophy description is very misleading in that regard, it's a much easier trophy to finish then you might think at first.

Dez_

GG's everyone. Except for a few rift matches, most of the games ended up really close.
GGs to the Crucible train people

Like I said, a certain amount of alcohol makes me better at the game, and I am waaaaaay past that point now. I apologize for the last few losses.
Someone in the party chat figured those last few matches were enough to sober you up :p.
GGs, apparently I don't even know what a Phantom is. Got kills while taking no damage. Thought it was a set number of kills without dying.

Should've uploaded the match, but I bounced out of the game too soon. Ah, well. Goodnight, everybody.

Your headseeker / glass half full grasp doing work.

XenoRaven

GG's everyone. Except for a few rift matches, most of the games ended up really close.

Someone in the party chat figured those last few matches were enough to sober you up :p.

Your headseeker / glass half full grasp doing work.
It's hard to sober up when you're still drinking

Ryuuga

Banned
Me and a couple friends decided to get back into this last night. We all stopped around HM KF so we're all roughly 311. What could we do from this point to work our way towards max light? We did Nightfall which gave us some 315-320 stuff, but otherwise we figure most people aren't going to want to run KF with a bunch of lapsed players.

GutZ31

Flawless Crota's End Raider #??

In 10 minutes of this post, expecting to run Crota flawless.
Only requirements are light level above 170, a heavy machine gun, and optionally some heavy ammo synths.

1. GutZ31
2. Stephen_Drewz

Me and a couple friends decided to get back into this last night. We all stopped around HM KF so we're all roughly 311. What could we do from this point to work our way towards max light? We did Nightfall which gave us some 315-320 stuff, but otherwise we figure most people aren't going to want to run KF with a bunch of lapsed players.
Welcome back.
So, mostly, Kings Fall raids are pretty locked to groups at this point, but there are still LFG groups formed here every so often. Feel free to make your own raid group if you require.

As for other things you can do, I would suggest doing some Strike playlists, and the newer PoE content. The challenge mode this week is a bit of a shit show, so I wouldn't advise doing that one at your current light level, or even if you were over LL.

Packages from vanguard, crucible, and factions have a chance of giving gear all the way up to light level 330, so there is that as well.
Also, Xur is at the big door by the speaker, so if you have some strange coins, pick up a few Three of Coins, and use those while doing crucible, or strike playlists. Some boss monsters don't count for 3 of coins, so make sure you check to see if the buff is still active.

If you have tier 3 runes for court of oryx, feel free to knock that out, as that gives artifacts at high light levels.

There is more you can do, but I'm a little scatterbrained at the moment.

Flawless Crota's End Raider #??

In 10 minutes of this post, expecting to run Crota flawless.
Only requirements are light level above 170, a heavy machine gun, and optionally some heavy ammo synths.

1. GutZ31
2. Stephen_Drewz

I'm up for it, PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas, I think I'm on your friends' list.

Ryuuga

Banned
Welcome back.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, a few of us were overwhelmed with all the stuff we got from the speaker. The sterling boxes, april quests, finishing up triumphs, but thanks for giving me a clearer path to travel down. I'll inform my friends.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good train last night everyone. Blood work successful.

Got a some what good lord high fixer. Second one to drop but this one is a keeper until a better roll comes around. I can honestly say it's the best feeling handcannon except for fatebringer to me.

Good train last night everyone. Blood work successful.

Got a some what good lord high fixer. Second one to drop but this one is a keeper until a better roll comes around. I can honestly say it's the best feeling handcannon except for fatebringer to me.
For real? You're farming that gun? No wonder, the rare occasions I went up against it I got bodied. Sometimes two shotted.

Out 1

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, a few of us were overwhelmed with all the stuff we got from the speaker. The sterling boxes, april quests, finishing up triumphs, but thanks for giving me a clearer path to travel down. I'll inform my friends.

Also Iron Banner returns next week. It drops gear up to LL335.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For real? You're farming that gun? No wonder, the rare occasions I went up against it I got bodied. Sometimes two shotted.

It's the only gun I don't have an A to S tier of. It's the same stats as eyasluna but for some reason it feels lighter and more accurate to use.

Some guy stayed in the same spot the whole match. No matter how many times I killed him, about six times, always seen him up there.

void666

Banned
Playing salvage for that damn trophy. And why is the other team winning if they don't even try to deploy the relics?
I swear after i get this done i will never ever touch this mode again. It's making me physically ill.

Fwiw you only have to deploy the relic 20 times to get that trophy, you don't actually have to "salvage" it at all. The trophy description is very misleading in that regard, it's a much easier trophy to finish then you might think at first.

Yeah, i know. It's still a pain though.

Lee

Playing salvage for that damn trophy. And why is the other team winning if they don't even try to deploy the relics?
I swear after i get this done i will never ever touch this mode again. It's making me physically ill.

Yeah, i know. It's still a pain though.

The scoring is all backwards. Easier to win if you just play it like clash, let them get the relics, and defuse.

void666

Banned
The scoring is all backwards. Easier to win if you just play it like clash, let them get the relics, and defuse.

I need to deploy the relics to get the trophy, no? I don't want to win. I just want to get this shit done.
This is the most unfun thing i've ever done in destiny.

Salvage takes a lot of getting used to. As the trophy is only deploy it is best to make sure everyones been killed then deploy.

If you are going for wins you should never deploy unless you've got heavy and charged super and the other team has no heavy, and your team mates are good. The point scoring is screwed so it is much easier to just let the other team deploy then kill them and defuse for easy points. To secure a relic you typically need to survive 3 waves of enemies coming at you.

void666

Banned
Thanks for the tips. But i don't intend to get good. I just wanted the trophy.

And apparently i'm an idiot. I'm a guardian lord since last night. But i was probably too busy reciting all curse words known to man and didn't notice the notification.

Thanks guys. And i apologize for all the whining. But i needed to vent my frustration.

Top Bottom