• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

What's the best way to get Light Level ready for HM King's Fall/Challenge of Elders? I've been running PoE 41 and slowly getting gear that's a little better than what I had.

Trying to get to the point (quickly!) where I can run HM King's Fall. Really going to try to crank out the Year 2 Moments while I can.

Dalek

I asked earlier this week if a group could help me do my first HM Kings Fall tomorrow. I never get time for Raiding and I really want to do my triumphs for year 2. I also need to get any Calcified Fragments that are in the Raid.

I setup a game here if anyone can sign up:
https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/727651

I'm hoping to start tomorrow August 14 at 10am PST. I'd really appreciate the help!

Sadetar

King's Fall HM - Golgoroth CM and Oryx kill

Right nowish

1. Xeno
2. DocSeuss
3. Ninja Kn1ght
4. HaRyu
5. angry_eric
6. Drizz

btw my PSN is XenoRaven if you need to send me an FR
Hey sweeties. I had a good time just listening you in the party. :D

Oh and Drizz, this is from Taistelumurmeli. :p

Can anyone help me out with a few teir two CoO runs the a teir three? I don't have ruins for teir two and need to charge up the teir three, waiting on random people is taking forever.

PSN AdmiralMidget

Edit: nevermind

DocSeuss

Thanks ya'll.

Now all I gotta do is Warpriest & Oryx challenges and Oryx HM.

EDIT: Since I've got the sisters checkpoint, I wouldn't mind ATTEMPTING the rest of the raid before reset, just because I'd like to grab some more loot to offer more DPS next week, but I'm gonna be workbusy over the week, so if it doesn't happen, we all good.

GGs to the HM KF/Golgi CM group tonight! King's Fall can be a serious slog but everyone played great and we knocked him out fast.

I'll be sure to save the Oryx CP to pass around next week so we can get everyone that needs it some HM and CM Oryx kills, 2-for-1 style.

DocSeuss

GGs to the HM KF/Golgi CM group tonight! King's Fall can be a serious slog but everyone played great and we knocked him out fast.

I'll be sure to save the Oryx CP to pass around next week so we can get everyone that needs it some HM and CM Oryx kills, 2-for-1 style.

I can go literally as soon as the reset happens. I have nothing going on at all next week, to my knowledge. Just gonna be at home all day playing games.

XenoRaven

Thanks ya'll.

Now all I gotta do is Warpriest & Oryx challenges and Oryx HM.

EDIT: Since I've got the sisters checkpoint, I wouldn't mind ATTEMPTING the rest of the raid before reset, just because I'd like to grab some more loot to offer more DPS next week, but I'm gonna be workbusy over the week, so if it doesn't happen, we all good.
I'd like to do it before reset as well. I'm available most of the day tomorrow and then Monday evening EST.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to reinstall this after having not played for quite some time. What's the best way to get acclimated to this game again? I don't have TTK yet, but before I buy it, I want to wait to make sure that I'm going to stick around long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

So I decided to reinstall this after having not played for quite some time. What's the best way to get acclimated to this game again? I don't have TTK yet, but before I buy it, I want to wait to make sure that I'm going to stick around long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.
Id just go through the story once to see if this game is for you, maybe hop into a couple strikes and crucible matches as well.

It seems most people here play because the shooting feels so good, so I'd try and sort of focus on that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I implore everyone to check opponents before the match and report all red bars. Better to not run into them again.

Matticers

Hey DestinyGAF. Looking for a little advice on the best way to raise my light level before the new expansion comes out. All three characters are sitting between 290 to 305 so I feel like I'm pretty far behind most players at this point. I haven't really played consistently since about... well, the beginning of the year is what I would guess it was. But I know there were some changes to the game since then and I believe they made it easier to get higher light level gear so you can advance a little easier. So what would be the easiest way for someone in my range to acquire gear and try to hit the light cap?

If it can be done single player wise or via a mode with matchmaking, that would be preferred. Trying to avoid the raid for now. Cleared it a few times and wasn't a big fan of it plus playing alone is just easier for me right now aside from running through a nightfall fairly quickly. Thanks.

If you haven't done so already, be sure to PM Lnkn52 to be added to the wall of Guardian Lords.
Congratulations. :)

Done. Thanks again, so tired now but so worth it. Sorry it took a while.

Hey DestinyGAF. Looking for a little advice on the best way to raise my light level before the new expansion comes out. All three characters are sitting between 290 to 305 so I feel like I'm pretty far behind most players at this point. I haven't really played consistently since about... well, the beginning of the year is what I would guess it was. But I know there were some changes to the game since then and I believe they made it easier to get higher light level gear so you can advance a little easier. So what would be the easiest way for someone in my range to acquire gear and try to hit the light cap?

If it can be done single player wise or via a mode with matchmaking, that would be preferred. Trying to avoid the raid for now. Cleared it a few times and wasn't a big fan of it plus playing alone is just easier for me right now aside from running through a nightfall fairly quickly. Thanks.

Here are some good resources for you;

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...iny_light_journey_all_roads_lead_to_335_site/
https://www.destinythegame.com/light-journey/

If you want to play because it's fun then just do any of those activities, but if you are playing just to increase light then you probably don't need to bother. RoI will give greens(I think) and blues higher then 335 so you'll catch up pretty quickly I would think.

Deku Tree

If it can be done single player wise, that would be preferred. Trying to avoid the raid for now. Cleared it a few times and wasn't a big fan of it plus playing alone is just easier for me right now aside from running through a nightfall fairly quickly. Thanks.

Realistically the best ways to level up are Challenge of Elders and Kings Fall Raid which require a team of three and six respectively.

Ranking up factions is a grind but it can get you gear up to light level 330.

The way the new systems works is equip your highest light gear and then you can get a gear drop that will be a 0-6 light level gain over your current light level.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Look at all these people lining up for the train.

T8h7ALS.jpg

I've owned the game since day one and am just now finally getting into the meat of it. Haven't done a strike or raid yet, played a couple crucible matches and went from 31 to 39 within almost two days. It's amazing how far this game has come from launch, kind of upset with myself that I didn't get back into it sooner.

I think once I hit 40 then I'll work my way through the strikes and raids.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Snipes are super on point today. Every moron trying to hide behind something got lit up.

Beat a team of three red bars. Oh yeah. Best match of the day.

Everything is coming up fusion rifles this weekend.

• Finally find one more legendary fusion dismantle to get Susanoo.
  • 30 seconds later, decode the exotic I just got - Plan C. Go into crucible, Ooh, I love this thing! I just got my highest score ever. Sorry Susanoo. You still have the coolest name.
  • Next day, buy another engram, Queenbreaker's Bow. WTF is this shit, it's like the world's slowest sniper rif...Oh, wait. I get it. HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS THING. I think I just had my best K:D ever.

Also got The Impossible Machines, these things look sweet. Time to finish the Stormcaller's quest line.

And a Dreg's Promise...thanks for the shard.

ocean

Banned
5 of last 6 shaxx bounties have resulted in strange coins.

Im fkn cursed.
The only good things in the Shaxxfall pool are Eyasluna Party Crasher and Ash Factory - all of which are also in the random reward screen loot pool for a crucible game. Chances of getting a good one are still terrible.

Strange Coins are some of best drops you can get there IMO, other than one very unlikely and specific roll on the weapons I mentioned.

Ash Factory without Tripod + Grenades and Horseshoes? Trash.
Party Crasher without Aggressive Ballistics + Rifled or Reinforced Barrel? Trash.
Eyasluna without range boosting perks? Mediocre.

So chances are you wont get a good gun, and when you do, chances are the roll will suck.

For reference: since TTK, hundreds of hours of PvP logged. Maybe 2-3 thousand games? And 3x Shaxxfall most weeks. I've hauled 0 good Eyaslunas, 1 good Party Crasher and 1 good Ash Factory.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone.

Plenty of snipes that session.

vbhgghgh.gif

Now I have a train gif I'll be using whenever there will be one.

Top Bottom