• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Good games everyone.

Plenty of snipes that session.

vbhgghgh.gif

Now I have a train gif I'll be using whenever there will be one.

The merciless really completes the image.

I'd really like for that scrolling helmet to drop at a high light level from the packages for me.

Coolest helmet in the game.

Just started using Fusion Rifles, they are pretty fun!

In two years I've never bothered with em.

I love them. The make me feel fearless.

Out 1

Eyasluna and Party Crasher in one day... PC+1 dropped with Accurized/Agg, Rangefinder, Smallbore. First time it drops in year 2.

Ambitious

Kinda miss this game. Have Bungie gotten their shit together since December or so? Or is it still a never-ending story of "Soon we're (maybe) gonna talk about stuff" and not fixing any problems and bugs while continuously adding shitty microtransactions instead of actual content?

Kinda miss this game. Have Bungie gotten their shit together since December or so? Or is it still a never-ending story of "Soon we're (maybe) gonna talk about stuff" and not fixing any problems and bugs while continuously adding shitty microtransactions instead of actual content?

What are you talking about?

I love the crucible so I can deal with it but it certainly sucks going from Crucible Rank 2 on my Titan to now 13 in the past few months(I was always Hunter previously) and only seeing 1 Eyasluna, 0 Lord High Fixers.

Give me hand cannons so I can suck with them please game!

Although in saying that I did just go beast mode with my Eyasluna in a rumble match, lost by 100ish points but I came into the game in progress when someone as already at 700 -.- Fun though!

I love the crucible so I can deal with it but it certainly sucks going from Crucible Rank 2 on my Titan to now 13 in the past few months(I was always Hunter previously) and only seeing 1 Eyasluna, 0 Lord High Fixers.

Give me hand cannons so I can suck with them please game!

Although in saying that I did just go beast mode with my Eyasluna in a rumble match, lost by 100ish points but I came into the game in progress when someone as already at 700 -.- Fun though!

That's some bad luck. I've had 2 lunas and a fixer in the past 10 days. Probably because the game knows I can't use hand cannons well...>_>

Other than the April update, all they've really done is promote microtransactions and just recently made them(sort of) pay to win with the armors. Even in the April update, they spent a half hour showing off microtransactions.

Hopefully they leave the focus away from MTs and just kind of add it on for a couple minutes then get back to the real stuff instead of promoting it like they did with that. It would be better if they just didn't have them for RoI, but they've already showed an Everesce station at Felwinters Peak, so odds of that are slim.

Ambitious

Someone in one of the recent "Current Status of Destiny" threads mentioned that there weren't any content updates at all this year. And I'm sure they've been diligently working on new dances, that Chroma thingie and other Eververse crap, no? Correct me if I'm wrong. That's just an assumption of mine.

stay gold

Anyone looking for a good Hand Cannon should just farm for a good Finnala's Peril next week instead of waiting for an Eyasluna to drop. It has slightly less stability in exchange for much higher AA & purely vertical recoil (Eyasluna kicks right like Hawkmoon), I love my 'Luna but i'll be trying for a Rangefinder/Rifled/LiTC Peril for sure.

Other than the April update, all they've really done is promote microtransactions and just recently made them(sort of) pay to win with the armors. Even in the April update, they spent a half hour showing off microtransactions.

But they are so useless. It's just an option if you want those cosmetic armors or emotes faster, but besides that, microtransactions is the least of the problems of this game. And with April update Bungie improved so many stuff that it's unfair to talk about just this non existent problem.

Someone in one of the recent "Current Status of Destiny" threads mentioned that there weren't any content updates at all this year. And I'm sure they've been diligently working on new dances, that Chroma thingie and other Eververse crap, no? Correct me if I'm wrong. That's just an assumption of mine.
When was that? They've already had the April update, which had CoE, and there's RoI coming up next month. So we are getting new content. Although as of now, most of he new stuff we've gotten this year have been MTs.

But they are so useless. It's just an option if you want those cosmetic armors or emotes faster, but besides that, microtransactions is the least of the problems of this game. And with April update Bungie improved so many stuff that it's unfair to talk about just this non existent problem.
They may seem useless to you, but maybe not to the person willing to spend $100 on them to get the perfect armor rolls and all you need to do is infuse them to make them useable.

I agree that they don't really do anything, but it's the principle that Bungie is giving out ways to get perfect rolled gear of money and that could lead to the sale of weapons that can only be obtained from this.

Melchiah

Realistically the best ways to level up are Challenge of Elders and Kings Fall Raid which require a team of three and six respectively.

Ranking up factions is a grind but it can get you gear up to light level 330.

The way the new systems works is equip your highest light gear and then you can get a gear drop that will be a 0-6 light level gain over your current light level.

Speaking of factions, you can increase their level rapidly with Motes of Light and heavy ammo. I raised several Dead Orbit levels by doing so, and got 327 gear when I was around level 320.

Kalamari

Nope, Bungie is probably deep into No Man's Sky right now and they probably think it's the greatest game ever made. So Destiny 2 will probably have even more farming mechanics, because that's why people play video games, to farm and grind their lives away.

FyreWulff

They may seem useless to you, but maybe not to the person willing to spend $100 on them to get the perfect armor rolls and all you need to do is infuse them to make them useable.

I agree that they don't really do anything, but it's the principle that Bungie is giving out ways to get perfect rolled gear of money and that could lead to the sale of weapons that can only be obtained from this.

You mean the gear that doesn't even give you legendary marks when dismantled so you still have to actually play the game to even infuse it in the first place?

They're riding close the line, but the Taken Spring update still isn't Pay To Win.

Ambitious

When was that? They've already had the April update, which had CoE, and there's RoI coming up next month. So we are getting new content. Although as of now, most of he new stuff we've gotten this year have been MTs.

Can't remember the thread title, but it wasn't that long ago. Maybe two weeks?
I'm reading up about CoE right now. So it's basically the same old PoE, just with a point system and some new loot?

Dalek

Anyone doing a HM Raid today? I've never completed it and I need a good team to help me with it to get my Triumphs done (Calcified Fragments from the Raid too).

Can't remember the thread title, but it wasn't that long ago. Maybe two weeks?
I'm reading up about CoE right now. So it's basically the same old PoE, just with a point system and some new loot?
Plus it's 3 waves of bosses with modifiers. It's fun the first few times, but gets kind of repetitive.

I would say if you want to get back into the game, nows the time to do it because RoI is next month as a big content drop and one month should be plenty of time to get some what ready.

Bungie ROI pvp stream on Tuesday, and Vidoc - we get it all next week it seems. Or at least, everything they plan to tell us is likely all coming then.

hype!

Dalek

I have to do a Crucible quest where I have to join the Crucible as part of a Fireteam and
1. get 3 Crucible Wins and 2. have someone on my Fireteam be in the High score position. Can anyone help with this?

PSN MDavis360

Ryuuga

Banned
Doing a KF Normal Fresh Raid run for lapsed guardians. 2 more slots are available, PM: Crusocus if you're interested I'm going to start in about 5 minutes.

Top Bottom