• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
F U Crucible. Stop giving me Shit Shitter Pro drops and give me a Party Crasher for once.

Edit: Just got ANOTHER ONE lol

Ambitious

Plus it's 3 waves of bosses with modifiers. It's fun the first few times, but gets kind of repetitive.

I would say if you want to get back into the game, nows the time to do it because RoI is next month as a big content drop and one month should be plenty of time to get some what ready.

And presumably, it's just the old bosses?

pantsmith

Hey Gaf,

Scheduled a sherpa for CM Golgoroth who disapeared on us. Anyone want to help a group of four through? Be it teaching or figuring it out alongside us?

Psn: pantsmith, and we're good to go whenever we have a full fireteam

Kalamari

So I am just starting Destiny. Any tips a beginner should know?

First of all, welcome to Destiny GAF!

Second, Destiny is more fun with friends. If you need help with a difficult thing in the game, don't hesitate to ask for help. However, we've been in kind of a lull here at the moment, but after Rise of Iron hits next month things will be really poppin. So don't become discouraged if you can't find anyone to help, there will be lots of opportunities when RoI drops.

Raiding is some of the most fun that can be had in the game, Hawkian runs raids for newbies every now and then, I suggest you sign up if that interests you.

You should easily reach level 40 by the time RoI arrives, so I wouldn't stress over getting to max light level (since that will change in RoI), just enjoy what the game has to offer.

pantsmith

Hey Gaf,

Scheduled a sherpa for CM Golgoroth who disapeared on us. Anyone want to help a group of four through? Be it teaching or figuring it out alongside us?

Psn: pantsmith, and we're good to go whenever we have a full fireteam

Just need one more, and we have a HM checkpoint now. Looking for one more!

Edit:full

shermas

Anyone on Xbox wanna help me kill oryx heroic mode later tonight?

I attempted it for 5 hours with randoms today.

That sounds like torture...I know it's tough, but you've got to be able to walk away from some groups. I've had many lolz with LFG groups where, after countless wipes, I've said, 'good luck, that was fun. I have to go now.' I usually add the more entertaining people from those groups, but sometimes you can just tell the Oryx kill is not going to happen.

I think you're on my FL already. If not, I'll add you and try to hop on tonight.

Have you beat him before? I can run or bring the bubble - whatever is needed.

shermas

After sharing my toons with my 9 year old for the last year or so, I broke down, bought myself an Xbox S, gave him the OG and set him up with his own Destiny account. He usually played Crucible and would do the daily mission. Or vanguard strikes (people probably couldn't figure out why a level 40 was hiding and sniping and playing so cautiously).

It was pretty cool doing the first few missions with him (a lot of dancing, then reviving or helping if he got into some trouble) this afternoon... Helping him figure out which patrol beacon meant what, hearing him when the first "VIP" target guy popped out on a Taken battle, etc. Seeing all his white gear made me a little nostalgic.

Gears

Hey all! New to destinygaf, Im wondering if theres anyone like my friend and I, or just willing to help out. The two of us are getting back into the game, and have done none of the dlc, anyone wanna do harder content like the raids and stuff?
Psn btw!

My psn is infamousscott14 :)

First of all, welcome to Destiny GAF!

Second, Destiny is more fun with friends. If you need help with a difficult thing in the game, don't hesitate to ask for help. However, we've been in kind of a lull here at the moment, but after Rise of Iron hits next month things will be really poppin. So don't become discouraged if you can't find anyone to help, there will be lots of opportunities when RoI drops.

Raiding is some of the most fun that can be had in the game, Hawkian runs raids for newbies every now and then, I suggest you sign up if that interests you.

You should easily reach level 40 by the time RoI arrives, so I wouldn't stress over getting to max light level (since that will change in RoI), just enjoy what the game has to offer.

Thanks and excited to be here! Will just try to level up till RoI drops. Also, is it possible to solo content?

Haybro

Everyone seems to love the eyasluna. I have one with underdog, rifled barrel, and hidden hand, but I never do well with it. TLW just feels better to me.

Rehsa

Everyone seems to love the eyasluna. I have one with underdog, rifled barrel, and hidden hand, but I never do well with it. TLW just feels better to me.
I haven't used mine yet, but I used the Omolon Uffern HC for the Shaxx quest and did quite well with it(if you can call it that), it has Sureshot LitC Rifled and Eye of the Storm

Trakan

Just saw this concept art on reddit, had never seen it before. I want it in game now.

OIta2nh.jpg

vid

DGAF, I'm a couple of days into my last minute cannonball run through the Moments of Triumph. I just hit 290 Light and I'm looking for a group to help me with my first attempt at King's Fall.

Is anyone available and willing to help a newbie learn this raid and find the fragments?

Edit: PS4, just to be clear.

Namikaze1

F U Crucible. Stop giving me Shit Shitter Pro drops and give me a Party Crasher for once.

Edit: Just got ANOTHER ONE lol
I know that feeling bro. Game keeps giving me Spare Change. I don't want a goddamn Spare Change! Give me a PC+1 or Ash Factory dammit!

NastyBook

Outside of that one blowout, these matches have been cancer. I swear I kept running into a guy with a turbo button on his Grasp, because it sounded like a steady stream of bullets through my speakers. I've never been able to fire my Grasp like that.

More like make destiny boring again later. :p
Nah, HoW was the most fun Destiny has ever provided. Didn't have to make such a big fuss about RNG and you could actually worry about playing the game instead of worrying about getting a good roll on everything and just making the loot grind frustrating.

Like, it wouldn't be such a heartbreaker if you saw exhumed on that Eyasluna because you could just reforge it.

Rehsa

Outside of that one blowout, these matches have been cancer. I swear I kept running into a guy with a turbo button on his Grasp, because it sounded like a steady stream of bullets through my speakers. I've never been able to fire my Grasp like that.
Sounds like I'm missing the fun. They probably have a HORI pad and using Turbo

Kalamari

More like make destiny boring again later. :p

Why do you say this? Is it because the loot chase overshadows the core gameplay so much that people never grow to appreciate it, players never see the fun beyond getting good gear, so they quit. They think the game is all about loot, without ever seeing the fun of its core gameplay due to all the carrots on a stick.

Why do you say this? Is it because the loot chase overshadows the core gameplay so much that people never grow to appreciate it, players never see the fun beyond getting good gear, so they quit. They think the game is all about loot, without ever seeing the fun of its core gameplay due to all the carrots on a stick.
Exactly. Unless they give the game Diablo 3 like drop rates, I'd rather the game focus on what makes it good, which is the shooting and not have to focus on the loot chase.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

The grasp is only good if you hit your precision shots. Otherwise it's an average gun. And you don't need turbo to get super fast fire with it. Time your shots. Best way to describe it in fighting game terms is to do a combo and pretend it's nothing but 1 one frame links. Fire and halfway before hitting the enemy, fire again, etc. That's the timing I have for mine.

I would like to present the greatest post-game scoreboard in Destiny PvP history:

Mehrmantrout has become legend by beating the entire other team's score.... without getting a single kill. That's right, thanks to Rift's terrible scoring system he recorded the world's first "donut carry."

NastyBook

The grasp is only good if you hit your precision shots. Otherwise it's an average gun. And you don't need turbo to get super fast fire with it. Time your shots. Best way to describe it in fighting game terms is to do a combo and pretend it's nothing but 1 one frame links. Fire and halfway before hitting the enemy, fire again, etc. That's the timing I have for mine.
I'll give it a shot tonight if I switch to it.

Top Bottom