• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Finally got Flawless Raider last night. My friend and I ran through Crota and he kneeled to Gjallarhorn twice like a good boy.

With that done I only have Triple Play to worry about from the main Destiny trophies.

But anyway. Still working on moments of Triumph:
-Exotic sword quest should be wrapping up soon after armsday delivery.

-Need 7 more calcified fragments (2 from the raid, 1 from Tier 2 CoO, 1 from Tier 3 CoO, and then the challenge mode ones).

-Need to actually finish the raid for the first time. And then make sure I do it on hard mode also.

-Gotta do challenge of the Elders and complete an Elders sigil.

-Finish the crucible quest.

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for The First Curse (on the Imprecation portion of the quest), No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete also.

So I'm getting there... Any help raid or crucible related would be much, much appreciated.

Dave_6

So I prefer voidwalker but...these Claws of Ahamkara look badass. Makes me want to switch to stormcaller and go full Palpatine. Like, I feel like I'm achieving max evil here:

wmHIbsV.jpg

Only problem is, I've been playing void so I've been ignoring strength the whole time, trying to max int & dis.

I'm working on a build similar to this one but with Int/Str like the one Drizzay posted a few pages back. The problem is I already suck in PvP with a Warlock and even more so as a Stormcaller. I played two games of clash yesterday and between four supers, I got zero kills. Yes, ZERO. I got tethered, sniped and bladedanced before I could do anything. After those two clusterfucks of negative KDRs, I said fuck it and didn't play anymore for the weekend.

For those of you with Chaperone, is it a worthwhile shotgun? I decided to finally start and finish the quest yesterday, and I'm up to the bond brothers strike portion of the quest.

Often it seems the chase is more interesting than the reward.

Carbonox

What would be the most efficient way for me to bag a 335 helmet? it's the only thing I need to get my first 335 character. I'm guessing the weekly strikes and running through those hoping I'll get one of the exclusive helmets (along with popping Three of Coins)?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
What would be the most efficient way for me to bag a 335 helmet? it's the only thing I need to get my first 335 character. I'm guessing the weekly strikes and running through those hoping I'll get one of the exclusive helmets (along with popping Three of Coins)?

Handy infographic.
Iron Banner this week has helmets, so that's probably your best bet.

deviant1

I feel bad posting this and asking for help, but would anyone be willing to run my Hunter through the Golgoroth CM? It's the last calcified fragment I need on that character and I have not had a chance to run it this week nor will I be able to this afternoon/night.

My 2 month old son and my wife (who barely tolerates my Destiny addiction) have made it near impossible to get some decent playtime in to get this done.

PM me if you'd be willing to help.

Having 20 mouldering shards in your inventory when you kill Oryx gives you an additional roll on the entire raid's loot table (including mouldering shards), and deletes those 20 shards.

Ah I see. But does that mean I got absolutely nothing from Oryx? All I got was the boots and more shards.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, just a question from a noobie.

I played destiny at release with my titan. I got close to max light and beat the raid a few times. It was a fun time. I played for probably a month, and stopped before all the expansions. So it's been a solid 1 3/4 years since I last played the game. OT1 O.G. here. I have a real fucking hankering to jump back in.

1. What am I buying? House of wolves and taken King? Or just taken King? Edit: didn't even know there was ANOTHER expansion, dark below.

2. Should I replay the entire game again from start or just continue on with my titan? Didn't a bunch of story stuff get worked on? Worth it to experience it again?

3. Ummm, that's it. I won't lie, jumping back in feels daunting. Feels like a butt load of new shit I won't understand.

Ambitious

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, just a question from a noobie.

I played destiny at release with my titan. I got close to max light and beat the raid a few times. It was a fun time. I played for probably a month, and stopped before all the expansions. So it's been a solid 1 3/4 years since I last played the game. OT1 O.G. here. I have a real fucking hankering to jump back in.

1. What am I buying? House of wolves and taken King? Or just taken King? Edit: didn't even know there was ANOTHER expansion, dark below.

I believe you only need to buy Taken King, which already comes with the full game and all the expansions. (Or just wait for the Destiny collection, and just get everything in one go, including Rise of Iron.)

2. Should I replay the entire game again from start or just continue on with my titan? Didn't a bunch of story stuff get worked on? Worth it to experience it again?

You already have your Titan, I'd keep using it. While pretty much every piece of YR 1 gear you have is nearly obsolete, if you had managed to find any exotics, anything that was brought over to YR2/TTK can be purchased from a kiosk, instead of you going through the trouble of trying to unlock it again.

You can replay the game with alt characters if you really want to experience it from the beginning.

3. Ummm, that's it. I won't lie, jumping back in feels daunting. Feels like a butt load of new shit I won't understand.

Nah, you'll be fine. If you have any questions or need help with anything, there's someone here who can probably help you out.

Mikey Jr.

I believe you only need to buy Taken King, which already comes with the full game and all the expansions.

You already have your Titan, I'd keep using it. While pretty much every piece of YR 1 gear you have is nearly obsolete, if you had managed to find any exotics, anything that was brought over to YR2/TTK can be purchased from a kiosk, instead of you going through the trouble of trying to unlock it again.

You can replay the game with alt characters if you really want to experience it from the beginning.

Nah, you'll be fine. If you have any questions or need help with anything, there's someone here who can probably help you out.

Awesome. So let's say I buy all that stuff and jump in. Do I just go straight to ttk or do below and wolves first?

biteren

Yep.

It'll be Clash this time around.

For Armor pieces, its Helmets and Chestpieces.
For Weapons, its the Handgun and Shotgun.

im down, the last iron banner really boosted up my light level so im stoked for this weeks now.

gonna need weapons to raise my light on some of my exotics

Lee

Just noticed this "Destiny - The Collection Upgrade"

Special Offer! Destiny: The Taken King Xbox 360 owners can purchase Destiny - The Collection at a discounted price. Pre-purchase to begin playing Destiny, Expansions I & II, and The Taken King Today. Also includes Iron Gjallarhorn and Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow.*

Not sure how many folks can benefit, but if you're coming from 360 or PS3 and own TTK, looks like there will be a different upgrade option.

Deku Tree

So if you own TTK on PS360 then you can get all of Destiny including RoI on your same console family digitally only for $40. Good deal IMHO.

k1t4j

I was so close in killing the Taken boss for the black spindle by myself that I got greedy and too focused that I didn't notice the taken cabal that sneak up behind me and sent me flying against the wall...

FML

Deku Tree

I was so close in killing the Taken boss for the black spindle by myself that I got greedy and too focused that I didn't notice the taken cabal that sneak up behind me and sent me flying against the wall...

FML

Always clear out the all of the ADD's before taking on Driviks.

Top Bottom