• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Dalek

Anyone ever do the old raids? I'm looking to fill out my exotic collection and need the Mythoclass and Necrochasm but I need someone to help me out with it.

ocean

Banned
Jewel of Osiris is my current PvP favorite weapon. Man it feels good. It's got a good range/stability/AA distribution, handles real snappy, and I feel my shits register pretty well.

Edit: shots dammit. Autocorrect pls

PSA - if you're after sublime engrams, using T3 runes in CoO is a thing. I've managed to get 3 to drop out of about 8 runes.

One was a dupe, one was old set, but one was a chest piece I needed. Only need the legs now for a complete set of Jovian Guard.

To get a sublime you need to be the one using the rune.

Theorry

Uch. 8-0 with a mercy left. Two extra sweaty matches against 3 warlocks for the 9-0. RIP lighthouse.
Really annoying that instant spike in skill for that 9-0.

Homeboyd

Rasputin Shell
e3c877b6c95a4fad88bd2b64b6bd5e15.jpg

Sepiks Shell

Harpy Shell

Oversoul Shell

Vex Shell

Conflux Shell

These should be things that are things.

Shiv47

Anyone ever do the old raids? I'm looking to fill out my exotic collection and need the Mythoclass and Necrochasm but I need someone to help me out with it.
I have a friend I'd like to take through the old raids, as well as get those guns for myself, so yeah, I'd be up to running them at some point. And people here are usually down to run them from time to time.

WipedOut

Taking Trance on his Maiden PS4 Kings Fall - HM totes to Golgs, we need 2 for a 6pm EST start.

1. W193D0UT
2. Homeboyd
3. Trance / E92
4. Jafku

Cool I'm at like 326, I just want to get the new flawless emblem. I'll probably try this weekend.

Oh that's perfect because you're less than 10 from max so very minimal differences at that point.

Damn, still have a way to go. Really want to play trials, but only at 301 for now.

Today's raid should get you up at least +10 I'd guess haha. You should be good for Trials next weekend I'd imagine.

WeTeHa

I like to run them, usually on the weekend. I also solo crota HM from time to time just for fun. Just post a list in the thread and most of the time you can find enough people to run vog/ce.

Ryck

Anyone wanna carry me to Mercury? I can hold my own but the most I've been able to carry my clan-mates to is 5-0 :(

I've never been in year 2.

ocean

Banned
I've played about a dozen straight matches in The Drifter.

In about 1,000 hours of PvP I don't think I had ever had this happen. Tha fuck is this :p

Dalek

I like to run them, usually on the weekend. I also solo crota HM from time to time just for fun. Just post a list in the thread and most of the time you can find enough people to run vog/ce.

Anyone willing to do it today? I'm off work and have some free time.

I posted on Reddit fire teams but not having luck.

Anyone wanna carry me to Mercury? I can hold my own but the most I've been able to carry my clan-mates to is 5-0 :(

I've never been in year 2.

All the usual Drizz questions (deleted 2 since you answered them):

How many passage coins do you have?

If you like PvP and want to improve then we can definitely run a card. But if you're mainly interested in grimoire/emblem/loot then it's easier for one of the helpers to run your account. Either way is totally cool with us, whatever you prefer.

Also, were you looking to do this tonight? We'll have to see who is on and if there's anyone that's scheduled to run today. Worst case, we'll run next weekend

What light level do I need to be to make sure I don't get destroyed in Trials by light level maters

I'd say be at least 320.
If you're 315 and they're 335, they're only doing an extra 2% damage against you (and you're doing 2% less to them) so it's not really a big deal. If you're 20 levels different, you can get one shot bodyshot from a Black Spindle with fieldchoke, but I rarely see them anyway.

If you like PvP and want to improve then we can definitely run a card. But if you're mainly interested in grimoire/emblem/loot then it's easier for one of the helpers to run your account. Either way is totally cool with us, whatever you prefer.

Also, were you looking to do this tonight? We'll have to see who is on and if there's anyone that's scheduled to run today. Worst case, we'll run next weekend
if this is happening, would you guys mind running my account as well? I have about 56 passage coins, never gotten to mercury and have an atrocious k/d. I have a 327 hunter and a 326 titan that could be used. Exotic swords, 1000 yard states and shadow price on both (mainly stability rolls). Would love to see the lighthouse once.

I have a friend I'd like to take through the old raids, as well as get those guns for myself, so yeah, I'd be up to running them at some point. And people here are usually down to run them from time to time.

I'd be down, need to fill my PS4 collection as well.

Anyone willing to do it today? I'm off work and have some free time.

I posted on Reddit fire teams but not having luck.

If you guys want to run them today, say now or within a couple of hours, I can join. After that, I'll be consumed with Uncharted 4.

WeTeHa

If you guys want to run them today, say now or within a couple of hours, I can join. After that, I'll be consumed with Uncharted 4.

I'd be down to start about an hour from now. I can probably get a friend to join as well if he isn't busy with trials.
I also have a deathsinger cp for crota if you don't want to run the full raid.

X-Frame

Jewel of Osiris is my current PvP favorite weapon. Man it feels good. It's got a good range/stability/AA distribution, handles real snappy, and I feel my shits register pretty well.

Edit: shots dammit. Autocorrect pls

Sharded my Jewel when TTK launched. :(

So many amazing Y1 Legendaries I dismantled because the thirst for weapon parts were so real.

Ryck

Either way is totally cool with us, whatever you prefer.
I have hundreds of them.

I am pretty easy, would just like to do bounties and get myself a Doctrine if possible, Mercury would just be the icing on the cake.

I am up for it today or whenever really. :)

WeTeHa

Okay I'm available for some retro raid stuff for the next couple of hours. If you guys want to run it just shoot me a message on psn then I'll sign on.

ch4fx_

if you're mainly interested in grimoire/emblem/loot then it's easier for one of the helpers to run your account.

What gear is needed, or recommended, for this? "Bare bones" requirements would be nice as I VERY rarely even almost think about maybe playing PVP, so I'd probably need to acquire a few new things before this is remotely possible with my account.

Ryck

Messing around with Share Factory and made this little IB montage from the most recent tourney. It's my first attempt using that program so sorry if its a bit amateur-ish. I had myself a good game so I wanted to upload the video but realized I had recorded myself on the phone with a client so I had to overdub that with some 80's music cause I'm an old man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMvtBHMFvxY

Enjoy or not, I dunno.

That match definitely had me rethinking using my Titan as my main for PVP.

ocean

Banned
What gear is needed, or recommended, for this? "Bare bones" requirements would be nice as I VERY rarely even almost think about maybe playing PVP, so I'd probably need to acquire a few new things before this is remotely possible with my account.
Primary: Hawksaw from the Crucible vendor is a solid competitive weapon you can easily pick up without relying on RNG for a lucky drop. Alternatively: Arminius from Gunsmith (with Counterbalance) a legendary Hand Cannon with range boosting perks, a good gunsmith PDX-45, Grasp of Malok, MIDA...
Secondary: a good sniper is key. The Taken War quest line drops a very popular roll for 1,000 Yard Stare. Unfortunately none of the vendors have PvP rolled Snipers you can easily pick up :/
Heavy: ultimately unimportant tbh. If you have a Rockey Launcher with the Grenades & Horseshoes perk then near, otherwise don't fret much.

Top Bottom