• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

If you're 315 and they're 335, they're only doing an extra 2% damage against you (and you're doing 2% less to them) so it's not really a big deal. If you're 20 levels different, you can get one shot bodyshot from a Black Spindle with fieldchoke, but I rarely see them anyway.

Made a fairly significant change for me when I was 322ish. It didn't 3 headshot kill people with my hawksaw as it does now that I'm 330+.

(WTB CUSTOM GAMES TO TEST THESE THINGS)

if this is happening, would you guys mind running my account as well? I have about 56 passage coins, never gotten to mercury and have an atrocious k/d. I have a 327 hunter and a 326 titan that could be used. Exotic swords, 1000 yard states and shadow price on both (mainly stability rolls). Would love to see the lighthouse once.

I have hundreds of them.

I am pretty easy, would just like to do bounties and get myself a Doctrine if possible, Mercury would just be the icing on the cake.

I am up for it today or whenever really. :)

Sounds good man. I'll see if there is any helper on. I think Igor might be available...

What gear is needed, or recommended, for this? "Bare bones" requirements would be nice as I VERY rarely even almost think about maybe playing PVP, so I'd probably need to acquire a few new things before this is remotely possible with my account.

Ocean has you handled on the weapons, on the quote below. Hopefully you have some fodder if you have some gear. Ideally, Tarantella for Hunter or Fast Revive. If you have a doctrine with CB that works too but doesn't sound like it?

Primary: Hawksaw from the Crucible vendor is a solid competitive weapon you can easily pick up without relying on RNG for a lucky drop. Alternatively: Arminius from Gunsmith (with Counterbalance) a legendary Hand Cannon with range boosting perks, a good gunsmith PDX-45, Grasp of Malok, MIDA...
Secondary: a good sniper is key. The Taken War quest line drops a very popular roll for 1,000 Yard Stare. Unfortunately none of the vendors have PvP rolled Snipers you can easily pick up :/
Heavy: ultimately unimportant tbh. If you have a Rockey Launcher with the Grenades & Horseshoes perk then near, otherwise don't fret much.

Made a fairly significant change for me when I was 322ish. It didn't 3 headshot kill people with my hawksaw as it does now that I'm 330+.

(WTB CUSTOM GAMES TO TEST THESE THINGS)

Sounds good man. I'll see if there is any helper on. I think Igor might be available...

Ocean has you handled on the weapons, on the quote below. Hopefully you have some fodder if you have some gear. Ideally, Tarantella for Hunter or Fast Revive. If you have a doctrine with CB that works too but doesn't sound like it?
I'll pm you my psn log in stuff. Going to bed in a minute so i won't be around for msg answering unfortunately. Thanks a gazillion though:) All my good gear is on my Hunter, as are the coins of passage. Good night and good luck:)

Biggy just went up against this guy: Silent_Sniper232
who has 132 recorded flawlesses, meaning for all 44 weeks Trials has been around, he's gotten there once with each character each time.

I'll pm you my psn log in stuff. Going to bed in a minute so i won't be around for msg answering unfortunately. Thanks a gazillion though:) All my good gear is on my Hunter, as are the coins of passage. Good night and good luck:)

Sounds good, and thanks, goodnight!

Just got an eyesluna that looks pretty decent.

rangefinder and luck in the chamber on the end perk trees.

middle tree is hand loaded, reinforced barrel and injection mold ... which of those would you go with?

sights are steady hand IS, sure shot IS and quick draw IS

ocean

Banned

middle tree is hand loaded, reinforced barrel and injection mold ... which of those would you go with?

HC viability is almost exclusively tied to the range stat. GG on that roll, it sounds great.

Biggy just went up against this guy: Silent_Sniper232
who has 132 recorded flawlesses, meaning for all 44 weeks Trials has been around, he's gotten there once with each character each time.

Sounds good, and thanks, goodnight!

PM sent, i keep forgetting mobile doesn't do pm. Thanks again and good night when you get to it!

Probably reinforced, though there was some theory floating around the other day that hammer forged helped accuracy more

I stand corrected:)

@ xplicitone: feel free to use any glimmer, motes of light or infuse whatever you need to get gear you're comfortable with. I have some pvp gear in my vault as well. Only thing I'm really attached to, is the Shadowprice on my hunter. Everything else is free game:)

Lnkn52

destiny%20troll.gif

People talk about a Destiny 2, but also that Destiny 1 was designed for a 10 year plan!?
Is there any chance that Destiny 2, is actually a update to Destiny? ( 2.0) so to speak. Do they really want to make a new game and abandon the current Destiny in the grass?

I'm asking, because if I buy a console later this year (a PS4 Neo, most likely if it turns out good) would there even be a incentive to get into Destiny at that point if a sequel is going to come out that kills off the community of Destiny 1?

WeTeHa

People talk about a Destiny 2, but also that Destiny 1 was designed for a 10 year plan!?
Is there any chance that Destiny 2, is actually a update to Destiny? ( 2.0) so to speak. Do they really want to make a new game and abandon the current Destiny in the grass?

I'm asking, because if I buy a console later this year (a PS4 Neo, most likely if it turns out good) would there even be a incentive to get into Destiny at that point if a sequel is going to come out that kills off the community of Destiny 1?

Afaik there is a 10-yea-plan for destiny as a franchise, not destiny 1 in particular.
There will be another addon similar to the taken king at the end of this year. We will probably see destiny 2 september-november 2017, so if you pick up whatever expansion we will see this year you have at least 1 year to play all the content we have so far.

darthbob

I'd wager that there is a pretty decent chance that the next full game release will be an update to the existing foundation of Destiny. Might not go this route throughout the entire decade, but for now it's what makes sense to me.

WeTeHa

I'd wager that there is a pretty decent chance that the next full game release will be an update to the existing foundation of Destiny. Might not go this route throughout the entire decade, but for now it's what makes sense to me.

I am hoping
praying
that it's a new foundation. Leave behind PS3 and 360 and update the tools.

This is one of the worst things - what's the story behind it? did the guy get hacked?

an 11-year-old Destiny player gave control of his PlayStation 4 to a stranger who was supposed to help him. Instead, using the PS4 Share Play feature, the other Destiny player deleted two out of three of his characters, and it all went down live on Twitch.

The jerk told the poor 11 year old to walk away from his console and when he returned he realized what was happening and turned off his PS4 — but but not before the damage was done. At the end of the video, you can hear the 11-year-old Destiny player crying as hundreds of hours had been flushed down the toilet by some jerkweed,

Guy was such a dick man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
an 11-year-old Destiny player gave control of his PlayStation 4 to a stranger who was supposed to help him. Instead, using the PS4 Share Play feature, the other Destiny player deleted two out of three of his characters, and it all went down live on Twitch.

The jerk told the poor 11 year old to walk away from his console and when he returned he realized what was happening and turned off his PS4 — but but not before the damage was done. At the end of the video, you can hear the 11-year-old Destiny player crying as hundreds of hours had been flushed down the toilet by some jerkweed,

Guy was such a dick man.

Bungie couldn't re-instate his account?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To my knowledge, they said they wouldn't, and that it was a lesson learned to not trust anyone to take control of your console. they didn't want to get involved.

wow

I understand if that's an adult but an 11-year old kid who doesn't know any better?

ice-cold bungie

wow

I understand if that's an adult but an 11-year old kid who doesn't know any better?

ice-cold bungie

Yeah I felt so awful at the time, I know many players reached out to the kid, and offered to help him build new characters, but I don't know what happened beyond that.

Im in my late 30's man, but it really made me upset that someone would hurt a young kid like that for shits and giggles. When I run into "squeakers," as long as they are not annoying, I try to help them as much as possible.

darthbob

I am hoping
praying
that it's a new foundation. Leave behind PS3 and 360 and update the tools.

While I don't think they need to build a whole new game just to leave the past generation behind, I do believe that it's holding us back still.

That being said, with how chaotic Destiny's development was I don't know if it's even feasible for them to move to a new engine.

FyreWulff

This isn't the 360 era anymore, they can replace as much as they want to under the same title ID.

The Taken King made that pretty clear. Destiny 1.x was consolidated and lives in the UI along with Destiny 2.x.

Top Bottom