• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Fashion, it's not for everyone :p

cT6deAs.jpg

You can say THAT again.

glaurung

So this thing happened last night.
I am not very good at PvP so this was a first for me. A streamer friend grabbed the picture, I was too busy killing stuff. Our fireteam also went on to a triple mercy streak in Zone Control (winning that is). That game mode is so stupid.

Melchiah

Yeah, but high-level ghosts drop at the end of CoE pretty frequently. So you can just run through CoE, killing the bosses, and farm that way. You'll build up points as you run, eventually get 90k, and then you can cross your fingers Variks will give you a chest piece.

It's not optimal, but...

Challenge of Elders drops up to 335 ghosts. Typically you don't see them drop except for a quick flash when getting back to orbit, but they are there and seemed pretty common to me.

Good to know, thanks. So, it's doable on solo, or did I misinterpret that? If anyone's interested in joining, I'm free to do CoE today. My PSN ID is Kraft.

The netcode comment is just my own experience after playing hundreds of hours of crucible on each platform.

And I'm not blaming Sony. I know MS has done the same in other cases. Two years is kinda ridiculous though.

The last patch brought some issues, and I still get thrown back to the title screen occasionally even after the hotfix. Luckily, it has never happened when I'm actually playing the game. Other than that, it has worked well. I've been playing since the alpha, and have 343 hours behind.

Thanks guys, glad we could get the nightfall in.

I'm starting to come around on Stormcaller in PvP, but for any high level PvE, Storm Trance just seems like a suicide move most of the time.

Mops up mobs like no other but bosses not so much.

Thanks for the help.

No worries, sorry I had to bail but it's the Daimonji Festival in like 2 hours.

Even with mobs, the super only gives like +50% armour, so 3-6 shots from the mob will still take you down. Majors almost always survive long enough to tag you. And worst of all, you're usually way out of position when it finishes. It was what I used through most of the game my first time through, but on heroic I haven't found the way to use it. Nova Bomb is safe and super damaging to bosses by comparison.

UMGAWA

I'll be hosting a Netduma IB train when the game comes back from maintenance. Get ready.

Sorry for being OT, do you have to be fireteam leader to make the most of the netduma? And what happens if you join a fireteam with it on?
Read your old review thread, just trying to fully understand how it work's with Destiny.

FyreWulff

Good to know, hoping Bungie's able to take advantage of the beefier hardware. As long as it's not just a 4K output of Destiny.

Depends on first party regulations. From what I heard, at first Sony may be enforcing devs to "The PS4 Version But In 4K". At which point Bungie wouldn't have a choice.

It's practically the only way to enforce games having 4K, anyway - because if you giv devs that much power, they're gonna want to invest in actual image object quality and density @ 1080p over rending a 4K native buffer. And 1080p multiplies evenly into 4K so you wouldn't even get artifacting from the upscale.

Personally:

[industrypolitics]
I think MS and Sony are hedging their bets, ala Nintendo and the DS having a GBA slot. At first they're going to enforce Neo and Scorpio games being just up-resses of the One/PS4 versions of a game. If N/S take off and explode and leave the last hardware revision in the dust in sales, then they'll relax the cert enforcement. If they don't, they'll keep the enforcement on so that they don't lose what install base they have so far on current hardware.

I mean, seriously, it's practically the same CYA messaging as the DS. "Third pillar". And when the DS took off Nintendo was like "what's a pillar"
[/industrypolitics]

Like, this has happened before where something was technically possible but held back back by corporate politics. On 360, Microsoft required you ship for both the Core and the HDD 360s, and enforced single DVD releases. They finally only relaxed this requirement when the 360 HDD install base was finally the majority at the later stage of it's run and they were going to start missing multiplats because devs were done fitting everything on single DVDs when they had all that PS3 disc space. So Destiny, Titanfall, GTAV etc all started doing the "install disc" and "play disc" thing right when that was changed.

edit: actually I'll send you a PM about something interesting related to that.

Lost some trials gear and some exotic engram I was storing for ROI in the postmaster. I didn't realize the limit was so low, twenty slots between all characters.

FyreWulff

afiak you can play Destiny right now after buying that and then RoI is just unlocked come release day.

"Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- Destiny
- Destiny: The Taken King
- Destiny: Rise of Iron Dynamic Theme"

afiak you can play Destiny right now after buying that and then RoI is just unlocked come release day.

"Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- Destiny
- Destiny: The Taken King
- Destiny: Rise of Iron Dynamic Theme"

Okay just spoke with my contact.

Yes you will be able to play all of the content now when bought.

The only thing you'll need to wait for is ROI

Where to buy info

Note with link click collection tab.

Thanks! Time to get into Destiny i guess :)

Skele7on

Banned
yeah that was with the announcement. That's standard MMO fare to let you boost a character up to that expansion's min level

I've been busy so a little behind on the facts.

I have the press release email with assets should have just read through that.

Will do that now and post any nice ones here.

FyreWulff

I've been busy so a little behind on the facts.

I have the press release email with assets should have just read through that.

Will do that now and post any nice ones here.

amusingly I believe the trend was started by.. Activision, for WoW. You'd get a boost to the latest WoW expansion level and then they sold per-character boosts for 60$.

Destiny expansions come out.. they include a free boost, and then sell boosts-per-character for 30$. And it's sold in the same way, where you have to go find it in the store, IIRC WoW doesn't promote their boosts in game either.

Jinroh

Wait the collection edition replaced the previous one? I wanted to go digital and now there's no option to do that anymore. Before I could buy the taken king extension and even though I had to buy the addons again, it would allow me to go ditigal.

This option is gone?

Skele7on

Banned
amusingly I believe the trend was started by.. Activision, for WoW. You'd get a boost to the latest WoW expansion level and then they sold per-character boosts for 60$.

Destiny expansions come out.. they include a free boost, and then sell boosts-per-character. And it's sold in the same way, where you have to go find it in the store, IIRC WoW doesn't promote their boosts in game either.

I think it's a solid option for people who can't be bothered to do alts and waste time.
Ultimately it's a way of thinking is X amount of time worth price of boost.
Ultimately it's a good and bad thing, as some players use it, learn no mechanics and get into a raid and quickly learn they're as useless as a potato, but they'll learn in time haha.

I must admit, this not having another true level boost makes it interesting for me at least I would possibly sink a couple and try get a character or two to max light as soon as I could, because reasons..... But we'll see.

Eric Osborne ‏@UrkMcGurk 4 minutes ago
@TheCryptarch So does the standard digital version. :)

So also ROI standard (non collection) comes with a boost according to Urk.

FyreWulff

I think it's a solid option for people who can't be bothered to do alts and waste time.
Ultimately it's a way of thinking is X amount of time worth price of boost.
Ultimately it's a good and bad thing, as some players use it, learn no mechanics and get into a raid and quickly learn they're as useless as a potato, but they'll learn in time haha.

I must admit, this not having another true level boost makes it interesting for me at least I would possibly sink a couple and try get a character or two to max light as soon as I could, because reasons..... But we'll see.

So also ROI comes with a boost according to Urk.

I think it's fair how they did it. I'm asking my bro that plays WoW and their boost is similar. You just get bumped up to 90 or whatever it is now, but you still have to do stuff like earning professions and you can't just go into a raid. He says even the gear they give you is greens, not even blues.

He also says WoW's boost locks you out of a lot of stuff for the first 24 hours after using it and you still have to do Proving Grounds to go play Heroics

Top Bottom