• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Nighfall is awful. Hoping it will change after IB goes live.

It better not change, I need a NF on the Dreadnaught to get my final calcified fragment. (or at least, change to the other Dreadnaught strike)

I should get this out of the way now so I dont have to worry about it, anyone willing to run the NF on PS4?

Hedera

Wait the collection edition replaced the previous one? I wanted to go digital and now there's no option to do that anymore. Before I could buy the taken king extension and even though I had to buy the addons again, it would allow me to go ditigal.

This option is gone?
I had a quick look through the store and I don't see the Legendary Edition anymore, which is what I think you're referring to, and would allow you to go all digital.

Only option to go full digital now is getting this Collection, although LE+RoI seems to be equivalent to "The Collection" in terms of pricing, but again, that first option doesn't seem to available anymore.

Spawnling

Hey guys, who did the artwork for the "Player Grimoire Cards" in the OP? Was just curious.

7lAVNuJ.png

Spawnling

I believe that Lnkn does all the artwork and design in the OP.

But yeah the grimoire cards are artwork from the posters avatar.

Driz probably does the gif at the bottom.

Oh yeah, it's folks avatars, I'm curious if he/she has a "template" so to speak for updating OT's like this with different players over time. Thank you.

Really excited for the crucible info coming today. I know they will be talking about the new maps and new modes but I wonder if they will talk about the new weapons meta and what's getting buffed and nerfed.

Could this stream also unveil either custom games or dedis for ROI?

BokehKing

Banned
Really excited for the crucible info coming today. I know they will be talking about the new maps and new modes but I wonder if they will talk about the new weapons meta and what's getting buffed and nerfed.

That's definitely today? I wouldn't mind if it was like

"As a special treat, new destiny game type is this week's iron banner"

That would increase hype levels ...by a lot.

Supposedly there is a big announcement rumored to be custom games.

Shield brothers
Epic
Catapult
Airborne
Match game
Got 3oC as a reward
Shaxx bounties also done on titan, 19 strange coins

Ugh. I fucking hate the Shield bros. The tank is even worse, I can't imagine how fucked up that will be on heroic. The only good thing about them is that they can both pop an exotic with 3oC.

On the XBox store right now buying the discounted Destiny: Ultimate Edition is cheaper than preordering RoI separately. ($30 CAD for Ultimate vs $40 CAD for RoI)

The discount on Destiny: Ultimate Edition seems to be available for everybody right now, not just for people who owned TTK on 360.

Damn. Do you think Sony will refund my pre-order of rise of Iron and let me grab the collection? It's worth the 10 more dollars for me to have it all digital.

I'm kind of confused by Destiny right now. I wanted to get the $30 legendary edition but I can't find it anywhere in stores or online.

I don't really want to fork up $60 for a game I'm not sure I will play all the way through. So a coupe of questions

- With the game the way it is now, how is it for a solo only player (I love playing with others but no friends have Destiny)??

- Will the Iron dlc be worth it for a newbie?

- How long will it take to get to expansions in the game because I heard they were better than original game?

- This game seems to be getting a lot more praise nowadays... Is that because of expansions?

spyder_ur

So Skeleton and others - are you saying if you buy Destiny - The Collection digitally you can download and play everything up to ROI right now? I know someone who'd be interested in that.

So Skeleton and others - are you saying if you buy Destiny - The Collection digitally you can download and play everything up to ROI right now? I know someone who'd be interested in that.

That's my question. I would love to refund my ROI pre order for $30 and buy the collection for $40 so it's all digitalz

spyder_ur

Thanks Deku - I just noticed it's not even available, and says expected on 9/20, so it might be a moot point. I've been saying they should release it a week or two early to allow people to play the base game, and then just activate ROI when it launches.

X-Frame

I'm kind of confused by Destiny right now. I wanted to get the $30 legendary edition but I can't find it anywhere in stores or online.

I don't really want to fork up $60 for a game I'm not sure I will play all the way through. So a coupe of questions

- With the game the way it is now, how is it for a solo only player (I love playing with others but no friends have Destiny)??

- Will the Iron dlc be worth it for a newbie?

- How long will it take to get to expansions in the game because I heard they were better than original game?

- This game seems to be getting a lot more praise nowadays... Is that because of expansions?

I'm sure others can elaborate more, but IMO Destiny has gotten a bit more solo-friendly since the vanilla game. Outside of the hardest 3-person Strikes (Nightfalls) and the 6-person Raids, you can do most everything solo or at least through matchmaking or pseudo-meeting others in the world. Plus, you can always look for groups here or elsewhere as groups are constantly forming -- moreso when players return with Rise of Iron there will be more activity.

Rise of Iron looks great to me, as a Day 1 player, so I'd say at this point yeah you'd enjoy it.

The 2.0 Update that came in Sept 2015 restructured the original story and the Year 1 DLC's in that they will be mixed in with the base game, so you'd be doing them at the same time. As far as The Taken King, you can also start doing that expansion as soon as it becomes available, which I think you can unlock before even finishing the regular story. Destiny is not very linear, you can constantly jump around between quests and one moment be doing a Day 1 story and the next maybe do a Taken King quest.

Destiny has gone through a lot of quality of life updates in addition to more content through the DLC's and the Taken King, so it's a sum of its parts that have improved Destiny. You'll be staring after 2 years of fixes and patches and updates, so for $60 it is an incredible value.

I'm sure others can elaborate more, but IMO Destiny has gotten a bit more solo-friendly since the vanilla game. Outside of the hardest 3-person Strikes (Nightfalls) and the 6-person Raids, you can do most everything solo or at least through matchmaking or pseudo-meeting others in the world. Plus, you can always look for groups here or elsewhere as groups are constantly forming -- moreso when players return with Rise of Iron there will be more activity.

Rise of Iron looks great to me, as a Day 1 player, so I'd say at this point yeah you'd enjoy it.

The 2.0 Update that came in Sept 2015 restructured the original story and the Year 1 DLC's in that they will be mixed in with the base game, so you'd be doing them at the same time. As far as The Taken King, you can also start doing that expansion as soon as it becomes available, which I think you can unlock before even finishing the regular story. Destiny is not very linear, you can constantly jump around between quests and one moment be doing a Day 1 story and the next maybe do a Taken King quest.

Destiny has gone through a lot of quality of life updates in addition to more content through the DLC's and the Taken King, so it's a sum of its parts that have improved Destiny. You'll be staring after 2 years of fixes and patches and updates, so for $60 it is an incredible value.

Awesome post. Thank you! I'm buying, I really like that I can play dlc's pretty soon into my play through and don't have to play 30 hours before I reach them.

spyder_ur

Today we'll see if this prediction was right!

I'm thinking map voting personally or some smaller features, but I guess we'll see.

Custom matches seems to go against some of their PvP standards in Destiny and also might (perhaps more importantly) undercut their signature PvP modes.

X-Frame

Awesome post. Thank you! I'm buying, I really like that I can play dlc's pretty soon into my play through and don't have to play 30 hours before I reach them.

You're welcome! There is A LOT of content for that $60. But Destiny's quest system works well at making it relatively easy to digest, track, and complete quests (which they have for everything from PvP to Strikes to Patrol to the newest Raid). Plus they are improving the quest system even further in Rise of Iron I believe with a record keeping book that tracks and tallies progress in real time, but I think it'll only be for the RoI stuff, and not retroactively like the current quest system.

There are also guides for everything imaginable in this game on YouTube, the Destiny Reddit, and everywhere else. So any quest you're stuck on there is help available.

JJShadow

Just got some bounties which require playing with a squad in Crucible (revive 3 of your squad members, etc). I'm only level 25 so I still don't have any DestinyGAFers on my friend list. I'd be really grateful if anyone could join me to complete them, I'll be online right after the servers come back at 7PM GMT

PSN ID: JJShadow77

AaronMT86

This new dynamic theme is awesome.

For those who pre ordered Destiny Rise of Iron on the PS4 you should have receive a static theme, however the theme has been updated this week. If you want your theme to be dynamic and with custom music. Simple do the following:

Settings > Themes > Select Theme > Destiny Rise of Iron Static Theme

Delete the Destiny Rise of Iron Static Theme and re download it. Doing so will update the theme as a dynamic one with custom music.

This new dynamic theme is awesome.

For those who pre ordered Destiny Rise of Iron on the PS4 you should have receive a static theme, however the theme has been updated this week. If you want your theme to be dynamic and with custom music. Simple do the following:

Settings > Themes > Select Theme > Destiny Rise of Iron Static Theme

Delete the Destiny Rise of Iron Static Theme and re download it. Doing so will update the theme as a dynamic one with custom music.
Pics of this dynamic theme? I use The Order 1886 Mayfair one. And even though it's amazing, I like options.

I'm sure others can elaborate more, but IMO Destiny has gotten a bit more solo-friendly since the vanilla game. Outside of the hardest 3-person Strikes (Nightfalls) and the 6-person Raids, you can do most everything solo or at least through matchmaking or pseudo-meeting others in the world.

Yep, I did everything and took all three characters to max solo. Literally the only things you can't solo are Challenge of Elders, raids & nightfall strikes,

Top Bottom