• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Hey Destiny GAF, thinking of picking up The Taken King today. Haven't played Destiny in quite some time, I think the last stuff I did was in Expansion I, and maybe touched a little of Expansion II.

Kind of want to jump back in the game to see how things have changed in the last year and to decide if I want to press on once the new expansion comes out next month.

Either way, hoping to find folks willing to run content with or hopefully folks in a similar situation want to try this again and would like to team up.

I jumped back in the last few days and am looking to play with anyone on GAF. Currently light 285 and looking to do anything to get beyond 300 in the next week or so. Add me if you're down:

PSN: Blatt

Rynam

Hello, i finally bought the Taken King in the Sale after a really long absence from Destiny.
It seems there is a refer a friend program with some bonus stuff. Does someone want to ref me? If I understand the FAQ correctly I'm eligible to be referred for 7 days after Playing the Taken king for the First time.

Hello, i finally bought the Taken King in the Sale after a really long absence from Destiny.
It seems there is a refer a friend program with some bonus stuff. Does someone want to ref me? If I understand the FAQ correctly I'm eligible to be referred for 7 days after Playing the Taken king for the First time.

I'd be happy to...are you on PS4?

My PSN is TheTylerDurden

EDIT: I just looked up how this works, and I sent you a private message here on GAF with the link to hook us up to do the quest. :)

The PS4's player pool is bigger though.

Better netcode? What's the actual difference between the online experiences? Apart from few bugs on Bungie's side, I've had no issues on the PS4.

It's not like there aren't timed 3rd party exclusives on the XBO as well.
The netcode comment is just my own experience after playing hundreds of hours of crucible on each platform.

And I'm not blaming Sony. I know MS has done the same in other cases. Two years is kinda ridiculous though.

The netcode comment is just my own experience after playing hundreds of hours of crucible on each platform.

And I'm not blaming Sony. I know MS has done the same in other cases. Two years is kinda ridiculous though.
It's not like you're missing out on much anyways. Probably one of the worst maps in the game that you don't have to experience, a meh scout rifle, and a bad strike(imo). I understand that it's still content, but it's content that you can easily live without. Trust me, I would kill to not have sector 618.

I don't understand all the dislike of Sector 618. I like it just fine. It's not the best map, but I like it a whole lot more than cathedral of dusk or crossroads.

PSA everyone: tomorrow Destiny goes into maintenance around 10am pacific, for about two hours. But Bungie is indicating that logins may be shut off around 9am, making it a three hour window.

(The wording is a little unclear, but expect not to be able to get into Destiny between 9am and noon pacific tomorrow).

Of course, the reveal/stream is happening at 10am pacific, so that all works out!

Anybody have a HM Golgoroth checkpoint for CM stuff? Disclaimer I've never gotten further than him in the raid and I don't have ToM yet. Anybody feel like walking me through around 12a est?

robErob

Neo Member
So I seem to be stuck in this loop trying to get to light level 335. I am at 315. I pre ordered the new expansion but I'm wondering if you need max light level to really take advantage of the new activities. Has anyone heard anything about this?

So I seem to be stuck in this loop trying to get to light level 335. I am at 315. I pre ordered the new expansion but I'm wondering if you need max light level to really take advantage of the new activities. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Nope but I doubt it. When house of wolves came out Gear just dropped.

Clunker

Help me, DGAF, you're my only hope! I'm one of the left behind Legacy Console folks, and I'd love to actually run through King's Fall at least once before everything finally sunsets. I did VoG and CE dozens of times when I was playing more regularly last summer, but fell off of the Destiny wagon until this past week and most of the 100.io crew I rolled with have now gone up to PS4.

I even just learned today, adding insult to injury, that DIM and the companion app will be closing up PS3 shop this week, too. :(

Does anyone play during the mornings or afternoons EST and be willing to quasi-Sherpa me through KF on PS3? I saw the newbie raid sign ups but assume that's current gen only. Or if anyone plays regularly on PS3 and wants someone to roll with, you can add me: Lunkermesh. I play super-sporadically, though. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I still feel lame for not knowing what the train is :(

Get in line.

Train2.gif

Dez_

I'll have to join up for a train next time, Kadey. Wanted to spend some time today leveling up my brand new Warlock, and I don't know how well I would do as a level 15 lock. I'm one trophy away from getting a platinum.

I still feel lame for not knowing what the train is :(

Kadey is referring to crucible trains, a term meant to get a full team together to play around in 6v6 multiplayer. Clash, Control, Rift, Classic modes, you do a little bit of everything. I've been totally invested in crucible once the PvE content dried up. It has its frustrating moments, but taking new weapons and using them in PvP have been a lot of fun.

Get in line.

Train2.gif

Dont feel bad, I dont pop into this thread enough, so no idea what the train is either. :p

And that pic is alI I know about the train.

I'll have to join up for a train next time, Kadey. Wanted to spend some time today leveling up my brand new Warlock, and I don't know how well I would do as a level 15 lock. I'm one trophy away from getting a platinum.

Kadey is referring to crucible trains, a term meant to get a full team together to play around in 6v6 multiplayer. Clash, Control, Rift, Classic modes, you do a little bit of everything. I've been totally invested in crucible once the PvE content dried up. It has its frustrating moments, but taking new weapons and using them in PvP have been a lot of fun.
Ah I see. Well I'll be all for it after I finish this PvE stuff. Really want to have all that done to the best of my ability regarding Moments of Triumph so I can focus on crucible exclusively.

NastyBook

GGs, I'm probably gonna get slaughtered in those IB games since I'm not the highest LL possible. Will probably hang back and try to snipe instead. Snipes were pretty good tonight. Got off shots quicker than usual. Too much of a liability and I'll just bow out, though.

Desperate for this Challenge Mode Golgoroth run if anyone has a checkpoint. Only attempted Golgoroth once when taken King first came out. Just need the crucified fragment.

What playlist are you getting these in? Weekly featured?

Just regular old clash. I've had two Eyaslunas drop after crucible matches, and one from a Shax package. I also got a Lord High Fixer from a Shax package that seems to be better than any of them.

Looks like the year 2 Playstation exclusive content is going to stay exclusive for another year.

https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives

*Hugs Zen Meteor*

Sorry guys.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Two with one punch.

rtrtrtrta349c.gif

Watching some overwatch and too much crap going on screen. It is one of those FPS which could cause people to get dizzy. All the bright colors and neon. That's another thing about Destiny. It is simple and easy to follow.

Top Bottom