• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

BokehKing

Banned
I'm thinking map voting personally or some smaller features, but I guess we'll see.

Custom matches seems to go against some of their PvP standards in Destiny and also might (perhaps more importantly) undercut their signature PvP modes.
If it's not custom matches the competitive crucible community is probably going to cry and I don't blame them. Map voting isn't some thing you need to be hush hush about to keep build up hype.

E-flux

Can anybody help me collect the last calcified fragments? I need to complete the normal raid once more since i'm missing 2 from there and then i need to collect every single one from the hard and challenge modes since i lack the group to play with.

Man I haven't said anything in the last week or so. Got a new position at work so I have been busy with that. I'm going to lurk on here so I can get the juicy info from the stream today. Stay classy guardians.

If any new guardians are interested in doing the refer-a-friend quest and getting some loot, let me know! I'm in Ireland so I'm usually on in the evening around GMT-time.

shermas

I'm still thinking we are going to get increased vault space... Maybe, because Bungie said 'we have no plans to increase the space as part of RoI,' they're going to do it BEFORE RoI releases?

I have maybe one or two dupe weapons and a couple Y1 guns and my vault and toons are stuffed. Toss in exotics and gunsmith orders and I think it's pretty easy to run out of space.

I'm so confused. I pre-ordered collection and I have the timer ticking down, but I don't know where to download the base game and expansions. It's not doing it automatically and I can't find a place to do it. Any help?

Edit: Nvm, I think i got it.

darknil

Thanks for the tip of the dynamic theme, I'll update later.

All this talk about The Collection and I'm here hoping they put up an upgrade from physical to digital.

EL CUCO

Holy shit, a ghost
IdrrYJq.gif

Do you guys place armsday package orders every week? I never do, but I was going to this week but he doesn't have any for sale. Are they only available for a couple days or something?

I'm here hoping they put up an upgrade from physical to digital.
Same. I'd prefer to not have the disc always in my X1.

Dave_6

Do you guys place armsday package orders every week? I never do, but I was going to this week but he doesn't have any for sale. Are they only available for a couple days or something?

Same. I'd prefer to not have the disc always in my X1.

Armsday is on Wednesdays.

Armsday is on Wednesdays.

I thought that's when you receive the packages. Is that the only day to place orders?

And is it even worth it to order guns? Isn't it basically 2500 glimmer or whatever for a gun you're just gonna break down into 3 legendary marks? Are the legendaries high light levels?

shermas

I thought that's when you receive the packages. Is that the only day to place orders?

And is it even worth it to order guns? Isn't it basically 2500 glimmer or whatever for a gun you're just gonna break down into 3 legendary marks? Are the legendaries high light levels?

Some of the guns are pretty solid... The Suros pulse and scout rifles are fun to use (full auto on the scout) and there's an omolon (sp?) scout that's close to the Hung Jury that I use from time to time.

I have a few packages now for guns that I like... I'm just waiting for better rolls before I cash them in.

Tjamato88

No they cap out at 280.

I've never really gotten anything good from an Armsday package that I can think of.

Lee

Isn't there some risk of getting screwed if you're buying the Collection Upgrade for $40 and you don't meet the requirements? It's pretty clearly stated that you only qualify if you own Destiny & TTK on the 360 or PS3. I know it's working now, but what happens if on September 20, all these people fail some verification and are left to spend another $30 if they want to play. I don't know, just worrisome.

Dave_6

Yes that's the only day to place orders. You can then pick up a package any day after. I've got multiple packages I've been holding for weeks while waiting on perfect rolls. Quite a few of the Gunsmith weapons can be great with the right rolls.

stay gold

Arms day is on Wednesday & you have until xur leaves on a Sunday to pick up a package.

The rolls on guns change every week so it's worth picking up certain orders, pdx 45 for instance, and waiting for the perfect roll to come round.

spyder_ur

Isn't there some risk of getting screwed if you're buying the Collection Upgrade for $40 and you don't meet the requirements? It's pretty clearly stated that you only qualify if you own Destiny & TTK on the 360 or PS3. I know it's working now, but what happens if on September 20, all these people fail some verification and are left to spend another $30 if they want to play. I don't know, just worrisome.

IMO Destiny has always been pretty smooth about this type of stuff, so I feel like they'll figure it out.

That being said, I think the concern would be confusion more than anything else, i.e. people buying the wrong product. There are a lot of editions of Destiny out there now.

LTWood12

A gun with a good perk tree is a lot more valuable than one with a high light level. You can always infuse a weapon up. A lot of my best legendaries are from the gunsmith.

Hedera

Really? Doesn't that only drop 280 weapons with sometimes only one perk though?
I have some infusion fuel to upgrade them.

Only one perk? It come with the amount of perks as any other legendary. They're just random which is part of the fun (and most times disappointment) in waiting to see if the combination of rolls that week are good or not.

Lee

IMO Destiny has always been pretty smooth about this type of stuff, so I feel like they'll figure it out.

That being said, I think the concern would be confusion more than anything else, i.e. people buying the wrong product. There are a lot of editions of Destiny out there now.

Right, but any new player looking into Destiny right now would definitely choose the $40 "Upgrade" over the $60 Collection when people are saying its the exact same thing. And it appears to be the exact same thing; giving people a full copy of Destiny through TTK to play right now.

I don't think the folks at the top would be too happy about this; I could see them warn (or just do without warning) some sort of verification that people do meet the requirements, at which point people are going to be pretty upset..

Hope I'm wrong.

The shotgun is the only thing I don't need as I have plenty of 335 special weapons, so I can assume that I'm going to be seeing a lot of those dropping for me this week.

Thanks, Saladin.

Melchiah

Fuck yeah! I managed to complete two CoE rounds on solo, and got 328 exotic chestpiece to infuse with the 316 Bog Wild I had. I didn't have use for the exotic, as its perks were for Arc subclass. I also got 328 Comedian from ranking up Dead Orbit, which I infused with 324 1000-Yard Stare as I rarily use shotguns, and 328 DO cape, which I infused with 323 Solar Flayer Mantle. Feels good, man.

GreyWind

Me too. Maybe that's the big feature they're revealing today, although I think it'll be something less exciting.

Actually I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet.

It looks like it already exists but internally. The Player Focus on their site updates every week with a new picture of the featured player. I wonder if they have access to recent matches or they just copy the featured player's armour and weapons into a dev sandbox and then proceed to take the screenshot.

RoI has a photo artifact, according to IGN Fireteam chat(via Game Informer). Let's you choose shaders and what not. I didn't look too deep into it because it wasn't my thing.

That's pretty cool. I'll look it up.

Dez_

I will keep expectations in check for this 10am showing, but I am certainly looking forward to hearing more about PvP content, or well... anything at this point. Can't wait!

FyreWulff

I wish Destiny had a theater or some sort of Photo mode

Photo mode - likely.

Theater mode - probably never, for technical reasons. If they do, new patches will invalidate old films.

It's pretty clear from some interviews and previews that they have an internal theater, because they've toured maps while watching an in-engine film of someone walking around a map from a distance, but it's probably not considered publically usable.

GreyWind

Photo mode - likely.

Theater mode - probably never, for technical reasons. If they do, new patches will invalidate old films.

It's pretty clear from some interviews and previews that they have an internal theater, because they've toured maps while watching an in-engine film of someone walking around a map from a distance, but it's probably not considered publically usable.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to Theater and perhaps the technical limitations. Halo 3 and Reach Theater were probably one my fav tools for content creation. Destiny is beautiful and it would be amazing to capture some of the awesome moments in third person.

FyreWulff

I was thinking the same thing in regards to Theater and perhaps the technical limitations. Halo 3 and Reach Theater were probably one my fav tools for content creation. Destiny is beautiful and it would be amazing to capture some of the awesome moments in third person.

The main problem would be the constant updates invalidating old films. There's tricks you can use where old world-rules are loaded for previous films, especially if you're just changing stuff like how guns behave or player phsics but this also adds a toooooon of engine and other support that probably can't be justified for a feature that likely had minority usage in Halo 3/Reach, and probably pushed lower by everyone having built in video recording on One and PS4. Bungie's already done stuff like change and tune actual geometry, which is almost impossible to futureproof with theater modes. And people might not like their films being constantly killed.

At least with photo mode you just program a special camera view the player can use.

Top Bottom