• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

FyreWulff

Private matches aren't that big of a deal to me, but I'm glad to see them regardless. Maybe it'll be a home for the Trials people who play hundreds of matches each weekend.

Had that ready to go, huh? Well played...

It bodes well for the return of a Forge mode, because you need Customs to be able to test Forge maps in the first place...

Dez_

I hope private matches will give me the option to run around the maps solo, just to get a feel for the maps themselves.

kanuuna

Looks alright. More customization options is great, although I still want my barbershop. Hopefully it won't take 4 years to implement like it did for WoW.

Melchiah

Now, that I've soloed a couple of rounds of CoE, it's even more puzzling why it doesn't have matchmaking. If you can solo half of it, it shouldn't be a problem to play it with randoms either.

BokehKing

Banned
Private matches aren't that big of a deal to me, but I'm glad to see them regardless. Maybe it'll be a home for the Trials people who play hundreds of matches each weekend.

Had that ready to go, huh? Well played...

private matches mean really nothing to me too outside of exploring the maps and finding new spots...

but it's good for the game and the competitive community.
Tournaments, that will let the game grow even more. It's pretty game changing for the community as whole. I look foward to Crucible Radio next week

Any news about old raids? Even if it just dropped ornaments
Nothing yet, but it would be cool if they do in order to prolong life until Destiny 2

Dez_

First Rise of Iron IB will be using the new supremacy mode. I enjoyed Kill Confirmed in CoD, I figure this will be a fun mode to play here.

LifEndz

Private matches and kill confirmed? Good. Please permanently remove Clash from the Iron Banner rotation and replace it with Supremacy.

BokehKing

Banned
reading on reddit that

quoting from a Bungie news article

Every private match will take place in a personal clubhouse that bears the name of the clan that controls it. You won't need to be in a Clan to host your own match.

I would link but I'm reading that on my phone while typing on my computer

More details from reddit
Private Matches

Read all about the menu you'll use to structure your own personal arena. You can create everything from a competitive showdown to a controlled sound-stage for your own stories. The game you host can be casual or competitive.
**[
Clan Roster

](/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=45081)** Every Private Match will take place in a personal clubhouse that bears the name of the Clan that controls it. You won't need to be in a Clan to host your own match. As any Clan Overlord can attest, an active roster makes it easier to fill a lobby.
**[
Competition License

](/en/Help/Article/45080)** Thinking of arranging a tournament to find out who is the best Guardian in your Clan? We now have the tools to support the competitive community. To set some expectations for how Guardians can fight for honor and riches, we're kicking things off with some basic guidelines.
This is a new frontier for community interaction. We can't wait to see what you do with it. As always, we'll be watching. We'll also be right there with you, inviting you to spar with our own teams.
Game on, Guardians!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4y0nq0/rise_of_private_matches_and_clans/

Top Bottom