• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

robo

So my nipper has got my crucible quest to the start of mountaintop quest. Playing iron banner from the caravan park on 3g hotshot working wonders!! Lol.

Get this done today hopefully then flawless raider on Saturday when I get home if gutz is still avaliable, then hm oryx, and the missing 3 calcified fragments to complete mot yr2.

robo

When are we expecting the update to drop before release?

6-7 sep? Wonder what changes it will bring before the 20th.

Vault increase would be nice.

Marvel

could never
Yeah I wouldn't be without my Last Word in the Crucible. It makes me a God, kinda feels like a crutch though lol I'm not good with any other gun in the game really.

I hope it's in D2 or some kinda clone :p

biteren

Yeah I wouldn't be without my Last Word in the Crucible. It makes me a God, kinda feels like a crutch though lol I'm not good with any other gun in the game really.

thats what im running with right now. having a good time.

K.Sabot

Finally might take the plunge on buying Destiny after 2 years of waiting.

Is it worth to buy Taken King physical disc, then just buy Rise of Iron? Or would that end up costing me more than waiting for the all in one collection? Would I be missing any content if I did?

FyreWulff

Is it worth to buy Taken King physical disc, then just buy Rise of Iron? Or would that end up costing me more than waiting for the all in one collection? Would I be missing any content if I did?

60$ if you buy The Collection. If you can find a TTK box NEW (you need the code to actually get TTK + HoW + DB) < 30$ then you're saving money. Anything more and you're spending more than you need to.

Since it's an online only game, I'd highly recommend just buying the digital Destiny Collection. The TTK disc is averaging 30$ new these days

glaurung

Ping me if you want to do the Refer-a-Friend quest. PSN glaurung.

Unless you are on Xbox. Because then I cannot help you.

K.Sabot

I think I'll go ahead and pick up Taken King at my walmart today then, because its currently like $20 over there. Might as well ease myself into it rather than buying everything at once before I know if I'll get into it. And I'd be able to get my feet wet before Rise of Iron, maybe even be able to get a character prepared for it before it comes out.

Ping me if you want to do the Refer-a-Friend quest. PSN glaurung.

Unless you are on Xbox. Because then I cannot help you.

Sure, my PSN is StuffedTiger

Came over from Xbox to see what's going on in PS iron banner. Left disappointed. Can I run with you guys tomorrow?

The matchmaking definitely seems to be based on career K:D or something. I was playing with some guys here as fire team leader yesterday, we were doing really well. Then a couple of us jumped over to the GAF train, and the quality of opponent seemed to suddenly go way up. Opponents holding formation better, holding down key locations instead of just rushing to the choke point then scattering, more accurate shooting, and much better at preventing opponents from closing in, fewer mad titan shotgun charges. I suddenly had a bunch of like 4:13, 6:17 matches, it was a learning experience but it was brutal.

Then I went solo again today, it was like:

78Iowyn.jpg

qi6SsYi.jpg

I'm not an amazing player or anything , but being ~10 lower in LL doesn't matter when you've got that fusion rifle confidence going, lol.

It's so iconic, there's no way they don't bring it back. I half expect it to be on the cover.

Still need Triple Play trophy (any tips on how to get this easily?)

Moments of Triumph still needed:

-Need 5 more calcified fragments (2 from the raid and then the challenge mode ones).

-Need to actually finish the raid for the first time. And then make sure I do it on hard mode also.

-Gotta finish the crucible quest.

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for The First Curse (on the Imprecation portion of the quest), No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete also.
Progress.

D_psipher

Biggy joined in progress and we were actively hunting him down. We only crossed paths those two time

Thems the rules. Your friend joins the other team, it is your job, no responsibility to hunt them down and put an end to them. When we are on the same team we cool. But join and you are on the other side and you get a death sentence.

akileese

I couldn't find a hidden link to the Discord so if possible could I please get an invite PM'ed? Just started playing again and looking for more people to play with.

Tjamato88

Sidearms are garbage IMO. I'm not sure why they exist. No one I can think of uses them especially not with so many quality shotguns and snipers.

If I was guessing I'd bet that in order of use it probably goes:

1) Shotgun
2) Sniper
3) Fusion Rifle
4) Sidearm

Shotgun and sniper might be interchangeable depending on what mode you're talking about between PVP and PVE.

phen0m24

I don't remember the last time I saw a sidearm in crucible. At least not one that I was killed with.

Sidearms are garbage IMO. I'm not sure why they exist. No one I can think of uses them especially not with so many quality shotguns and snipers.

If I was guessing I'd bet that in order of use it probably goes:

1) Shotgun
2) Sniper
3) Fusion Rifle
4) Sidearm

Shotgun and sniper might be interchangeable depending on what mode you're talking about between PVP and PVE.

I watched my son wreck shotgunners with one last night on Frontier. He made a game of it. Not sure if IB one or Jabberhaake

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So i got all four weapons and gear pieces for my titan last night. is there a reason i should continue to level up my Titan in Iron Banner or should i just switch to my Hunter or Warlock to get the IB gear?

I've heard you get some bonus xp (tempered buff) if you have maxed out on of your characters. but i just dont see the point in maxing out my Titan at the moment.

I dont know what was going on last night but i was getting sniped before i even saw enemies or their red sniper light. The Last Words were killing me in three hits. Hawskaw and Mida were both 2 shot kills. I also got shot behind walls in classic COD fashion.

There were at least two games where i started off with no kills for the first 5000 points. I am watching Tacoz go on one killstreak after another and getting one or two shotted from across the map. I couldnt even camp for more than 15 seconds without getting killed.

I have also never played a more campy Destiny IB. This felt like BannerFall Trials.

glaurung

So i got all four weapons and gear pieces for my titan last night. is there a reason i should continue to level up my Titan in Iron Banner or should i just switch to my Hunter or Warlock to get the IB gear?

I've heard you get some bonus xp (tempered buff) if you have maxed out on of your characters. but i just dont see the point in maxing out my Titan at the moment.

I dont know what was going on last night but i was getting sniped before i even saw enemies or their red sniper light. The Last Words were killing me in three hits. Hawskaw and Mida were both 2 shot kills. I also got shot behind walls in classic COD fashion.

There were at least two games where i started off with no kills for the first 5000 points. I am watching Tacoz go on one killstreak after another and getting one or two shotted from across the map. I couldnt even camp for more than 15 seconds without getting killed.

I have also never played a more campy Destiny IB. This felt like BannerFall Trials.
You want to get IB to rank 5 for two things:
  1. Purchase vendor roll gear from Saladin.
  2. When you are rank 5, IB ghosts are added to the post-game loot. They drop at a high light level if you care about it.
And the bonus rankup points from the alt buff (i.e. having one character at rank 5) is not insignificant. In fact, it doubles the rankup points you get. Check out www.ironbanner.info when in doubt.

Dave_6

Well I haven't got anything of note so far from IB, but I did finally get the Vallsgarde shader last night. I was overly excited about it too :p

Can I tell you guys about my year 1 god roll Red Hand IX?

It has outlaw, third eye and perfect balance. 81 impact, 76 stability, 10 round magazine.

Deku Tree

Some rare ships are VERY rare:

AFv1 Octavian (11/1/15)
AFv2 Octavian (10/19/15)
NS22 High Water (9/26/15)
NS44 High Water (9/14/15)
CX20 Slipper Misfit (6/30/15)

I am only missing CX20 Slipper Misfit

Trakan

So I guess a new Edge magazine issue came out covering RoI. A guy on reddit summarized it... sounds bad.

Bungie say they&#8217;ve dialled in on the time commitment needed to raid. They said that 8 hours seemed too long for most people, so perhaps this raid will be a shorter affair?

The new ROI record book has specific pages for the Raid, Crucible etc, not just the story missions.

This might be something I&#8217;ve totally missed but it says &#8216;The legendary guns we&#8217;re given are no different to existing gear in terms of perks, but the addition of a new friendly faction may change that.&#8217; New faction? I didn't know there was going to be a new faction?

Skele7on

Banned
So I guess a new Edge magazine issue came out covering RoI. A guy on reddit summarized it... sounds bad.

The new faction is the house of winter or some shit.

It's not a faction as such, just like a vendor say petra, varyiks.

They're just dumb at using correct language.

I've been fearing that the RoI faction armor would be reskins of existing sets.

I mean, at least reskin the unavailable year 1 faction armor or something. COME ON

Deku Tree

So the raid will be short like Crotas end. Instead of long like Kings Fall.

VoG: 2 bosses
CE: 1 boss
KF: 3 bosses

Hopefully WotM raid has 2 bosses. Sounds like there is no chance it has three. It might only have one given the short dev time of RoI. It would be sad if the only raid boss was already shown in that ViDoC.

So the raid will be short like Crotas end. Instead of long like Kings Fall.

VoG: 2 bosses
CE: 1 boss
KF: 3 bosses

Hopefully WotM raid has 2 bosses. Sounds like there is no chance it has three. It might only have one given the short dev time of RoI. It would be sad if the only raid boss was already shown in that ViDoC.

Jason has said the raid itself has been in development since before the D2 delay and RoI began dev. Since last year's spring or something. It should be meaty, he expects it to be at least.

Also there is a middle ground between "short like Crotas End" and "long like Kings Fall".

Top Bottom