• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Lee

Hi again folks - you may remember me from sheepishly asking for some PS3 help a few pages back. It turns out that Destiny's nudged my hand into going next-gen, though in an odd twist of fate, I'm actually going over to Xbox One due to a number of other factors.

So I'm in, baby! But I'll be starting fresh, which kind of sucks but I actually really like the slow build up to power. So in this regard, I think these are my options:

1) Digitally preorder Destiny: The Collection. This should let me play all TTK now and then play RoI when it launches, right? Just checking.

2) Buy a $20 copy of physical TTK (on sale at TRU now), then preorder RoI for $30, which saves me $10 but leaves me with a physical Destiny disc.

Am I missing another option? Might just go digital to save me the hassle of switching discs.

Option 1 sounds right. Hit me up on Xbox One when you're settled, gamertag is "Lee" - I just started a new character so I can help on that guy. Also, you'll be eligible for the Refer a Friend thing. I already have that done but someone here might need it.

soultron

Banned
I'm only faction LV7 for FWC. The exotic reward only happens at LV25 after a quest?

Is there anything I can do to speed up my progress with FWC faction? I'd love to get the FWC exotic hunter cape before Destiny 2 comes out. Haha.

I currently wear the full set of gear and wear shaders/emblems from FWC too, in case that provides bonuses.

I guess I can aim to constantly max my glimmer rewards during PVE, to buy weapon parts, and trade those in. As well as using all of my motes of light too.

Any other possible tips?

After a long wait...I have finally arrived
giphy.gif
Nice. Good to have you here X.

I'm only faction LV7 for FWC. The exotic reward only happens at LV25 after a quest?

Is there anything I can do to speed up my progress with FWC faction? I'd love to get the FWC exotic hunter cape before Destiny 2 comes out. Haha.

I currently wear the full set of gear and wear shaders/emblems from FWC too, in case that provides bonuses.

I guess I can aim to constantly max my glimmer rewards during PVE, to buy weapon parts, and trade those in. As well as using all of my motes of light too.

Any other possible tips?

Save your strange coins for heavy ammo packs from Xur (it costs 33 coins to fully rank up) or buy them with glimmer through Variks if you have the ether seeds / Gunsmith and trade those in toward your faction; also save Motes of Light or extra planetary mats (although the exchange rate isn't great on these) and you’ll get there. Shaders/emblems don't help out, unfortunately.

Lee

Materials are the fastest way. 34 coins to xur for 100+ heavy ammo = 1 level, plus 4 coins back so 30 coins per level.

Assuming you've cashed in your materials, you earn faction rep via:

Heroic Strikes - 120 vanguard rep, 60 faction rep
Crucible - 90 crucible rep, 45 faction rep
Patrols - 40 vanguard rep, 20 faction rep, or 50/25 for certain patrols (scan, scout, VIP, and Taken)

Fastest way time-wise would be to find 2 other people, go to patrol, everyone spreads out, and just grind out patrols.

Any other possible tips?

• Use vanguard/crucible rep boosters for whatever you're doing, and make use of the full amount of time.
  • Always grab a patrol (the easy ones that require you to just kill enemies or get things to drop from them) when farming, those give a good amount of rep and don't require you to go far afield.
  • Donate everything you can for rep boosts: always use items that boost the amount of glimmer you get from whatever type of enemy you're fighting (you should have tons of them), then use your excess glimmer to buy weapons parts from the gunsmith, and donate those along with motes of light to FWC.

Those are the things I learned along the way, which I wish I knew at the start (I was sitting on max glimmer for a long time).

Lee

So I had an Eidolon Ally ready for my crux, and I dismantled it... not sure exactly what I was doing, as this was a while back. I now have 3 crux, and have never had a nechrocasm. Every week, I do my gunsmith bounties on the Fist of Crota mission, killing that dude 4, 5, 6 times while I knock out my headshots and double kills. No husk.

Is this some kind of bug because I deleted the Eidolon? Or is the drop rate just so low? I must be 0/50 by now.

What's the difference in the two?

Like I heard you can not open them , and you can keep up to 20 packages waiting to be opened.

The other would mean bring ing all of them on the brink of leveling, and then doing it after ROI hits, to get packages with new LL and weapons etc............

So I had an Eidolon Ally ready for my crux, and I dismantled it... not sure exactly what I was doing, as this was a while back. I now have 3 crux, and have never had a nechrocasm. Every week, I do my gunsmith bounties on the Fist of Crota mission, killing that dude 4, 5, 6 times while I knock out my headshots and double kills. No husk.

Is this some kind of bug because I deleted the Eidolon? Or is the drop rate just so low? I must be 0/50 by now.

I feel like I just had a Nam flashback reading that.

Lee

I feel like I just had a Nam flashback reading that.

Like I heard you can not open them , and you can keep up to 20 packages waiting to be opened.

The other would mean bring ing all of them on the brink of leveling, and then doing it after ROI hits, to get packages with new LL and weapons etc............

Oh man. I'm so sorry - that's how it used to work. They would go to your postmaster and you could hold on to a bunch. As of TTK, they overwrite. You can only have one waiting for you per NPC at a time.

Oh man. I'm so sorry - that's how it used to work. They would go to your postmaster and you could hold on to a bunch. As of TTK, they overwrite. You can only have one waiting for you per NPC at a time.

Ok, it was worth a try. Ill cash em in , and just edge them all between now and ROI

They are both fine. What's not fine is things like the cryptarch decrypting purples into blues, which has since been fixed. More recently, though, is the struggle of trying to collect a full set of Spektar faction armor and getting class items or shit roll guns over and over instead. There are some major areas of the game where the "smart loot" system isn't nearly smart enough.
This is where I would rather have the grind instead of RNG.

Maybe if Vendors sold faction engrams it would feel better. Grind a faction level and then buy any item from their stock with a RNG roll on the stats/perks.

RNG is better suited to gameplay drops. I don't mind RNG but Destiny has a lot of it.

So after 2600 hours of game time I am finally finishing off my Exotic Sword quest. I am on the Essential Elements part, using Solar sub-class on a Hunter. Are ability kills just melee (throwing knife) and super (Golden Gun)? I thought grenades were too but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any tips on hurrying along this step before the final special strike?

So after 2600 hours of game time I am finally finishing off my Exotic Sword quest. I am on the Essential Elements part, using Solar sub-class on a Hunter. Are ability kills just melee (throwing knife) and super (Golden Gun)? I thought grenades were too but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any tips on hurrying along this step before the final special strike?

Go to siege of the warmind, equip the symbiote and combustion build up your super then kill the first wave, use the rest of the thralls/orbs to build your super and jump off the edge, rinse repeat (don't kill the yellow barred night at the top)

After a while you'll get the rhythm down, then you'll face the real hell of finding the 10 materials :d

Is edging actually necessary? I levelled up the vanguard twice pre April update without speaking to him and both level ups (after the update) gave me higher LL items if memory serves.

Yeah, but the problem is last year for the expansion it didn't do anything, I think its a case of expansion VS update.

5 hours of rumble. 2 wins. Every game was against streamers or red bars. I only need 4 more then rumble can never be played again. It's way too easy to go up the skill rankings and way too hard to go down them

Go to siege of the warmind, equip the symbiote and combustion build up your super then kill the first wave, use the rest of the thralls/orbs to build your super and jump off the edge, rinse repeat (don't kill the yellow barred night at the top)

After a while you'll get the rhythm down, then you'll face the real hell of finding the 10 materials :d

Thanks, I at least have the kills up to 50% using this method. I hope Bungie can come up with better quest steps in the future.

I need the "This Is Amazing" milestone to complete the Year 2 Moments of Triumph. What does it entail exactly (complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop")? I don't play a lot of multiplayer besides Iron Banner.

Top Bottom