• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

How many strange coins are people holding onto to go into RoI with? I am currently at 600, thinking of just keeping 500 and anything I have above that buying heavy ammo synths. I kinda want to get it to 1000 and then just spend anything above that but I don't think I will get there before RoI.

I've got about 700 strange coins and 600 heavy ammo synths. And 4,500 weapon parts. And 1,000 of each planetary material (except wormspore bc F the dreadnaught). And lots of exotic engrams. I've never 'prepped' for an expansion, so I'm kind of going overboard, I think.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Invite Dan and he doesn't show up. He's like the guy at work who bitches about not getting overtime and when you ask him he's like uhhhh I have stuff to do.

shermas

Xbox Raid? Need 3

I was trying to get an Xbox group earlier... Actually found an amazing LFG team. Took about 45 minutes for a full, fresh raid.

We started a second run, but I had to leave after Golgy. (One dude was too scared to use the apps to transfer his guns, so we spent about 20 minutes in the tower between the runs). Come on, man.

Wallach

So the other night I picked up an exotic chest engram from a ToC and got a Twilight Garrison. Was that made more common as a drop at some point? That and one other Titan exotic I remember searching for since TTK even launched since they were in the Armory - I believe it was called the Dunemarchers (boots) - is that exotic able to be dropped from exotic boot engrams now?

Rehsa

First NF to get my fragment and nabbed the Maulers. Got a Conviction sidearm with rangefinder outlaw and snapshot with Sureshot scope, looks pretty good

WipedOut

I was trying to get an Xbox group earlier... Actually found an amazing LFG team. Took about 45 minutes for a full, fresh raid.

We started a second run, but I had to leave after Golgy. (One dude was too scared to use the apps to transfer his guns, so we spent about 20 minutes in the tower between the runs). Come on, man.
So does that mean you want to run one or nah? We talking now....

Year 2 Triumphs complete. Never doing the sword quest again. Final part of the quest was actually fun where you have to kill the warden and Alak Hul within 30 seconds apart. Needs more parts like that and less of the mat farm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some of these are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. I swear it feels like three matches when playing a single match.

Ha I think you guys are fine.

Everybody freaks out about this stuff prepping for an expansion, and 2 weeks in you will have no use for those coins (or whatever you hoarded) as usual.

All I'm doing is hoarding exotic engrams because there's no point decrypting those right now.

I wouldn't say im prepping for RoI, more just that I have zero use for coins and engrams etc right now so I may as well just let them build up. I do want to "prep" some heavy synths though as I always seem to run out.

No Dans allowed.

dgfgfgf.gif

dan-sf4-select.jpg

Invite Dan and he doesn't show up. He's like the guy at work who bitches about not getting overtime and when you ask him he's like uhhhh I have stuff to do.

Hey! I was becoming legend yr 2 with xplicit, besides I said after 10 Pacific!

Clunker

The Collection is your best bet, I think you’ll regret the physical disc pretty fast unless it’s the only game you plan on playing. Plus if you change your mind later there's no easy way to only buy Vanilla digitally and you're forced to rebuy content. If you need help building your new character on Xbox, feel free to add me, always lookin for new Xbros. GT: ThingontheFloor
Option 1 sounds right. Hit me up on Xbox One when you're settled, gamertag is "Lee" - I just started a new character so I can help on that guy. Also, you'll be eligible for the Refer a Friend thing. I already have that done but someone here might need it.
Thanks, duders - will add you and hit you up when I get set up, which should be sometime next week.

I never did the Refer a Friend thing on PS3, so when I'm up and going I'll see if anyone wants to high five and buddy up. It sounds dumb when I type it out, but honestly the biggest part of wanting to go next gen was the fact that I lost access to DIM and Loadouts on my trusty old legacy console. :( Not looking forward to grinding out all of my subclasses again, but hopefully I can get up to pace and finally play through KF sometime soon.

Dibbs

Vanilla player here, coming back after pre-ordering the Collection. Could use some tips. Some questions... I finished the story in the base game, are there more storyline missions in TTK and where can I find them? Is Crucible (Control) the best way to level up fast? Thanks.

K.Sabot

Alriiiiight getting my feet off the ground in this game, gonna take me a while to get used to the bungie crosshair being on the bottom 1/3rd of my screen.

Ambitious

Play some Iron Banner to Rank 5 and you'll go up quite a bit. Otherwise you're in a good place to start RoI. I imagine after a day of RoI you'll be at or around 335 if you weren't already, so no real need to grind it out ahead of time.

*Double post - sorry - meant to edit this into the one above.

Ugh. IB of all things? Never liked it.

Matty8787

Not played this since I sold my x1 around 4 months ago but just ordered the collection for ps4.

Do I do all the content over again or boost to 40? I am tempted to re play it all as I enjoyed it.

GhaleonEB

Been busy this week. Was anything PvE shown for Rise of Iron? I watched most of the live stream, and skipped through the matches; it seemed Crucible focused, as was the BWU.

Ryck

Called Sony and they refunded $29.99 to my PSN wallet,(for my ROI pre-order) paid the additional $10 (for Destiny the collection) and now I can ditch my disc.

Just in case anyone has OCD like myself and would pay $10 to not have to have a disc in their machine haha.

Called Sony and they refunded $29.99 to my PSN wallet,(for my ROI pre-order) paid the additional $10 (for Destiny the collection) and now I can ditch my disc.

Just in case anyone has OCD like myself and would pay $10 to not have to have a disc in their machine haha.

I paid $120AUD for this back when TTK launched :( But that's because I got a second PS4 and REALLY wanted to switch to digital. Had to buy the Legendary edition or whatever it was called.

K.Sabot

Very good experience running with Glaurung. Gave me a crash course, and more or less sold me on the game via his explanations. Lot of fun.

Been busy this week. Was anything PvE shown for Rise of Iron? I watched most of the live stream, and skipped through the matches; it seemed Crucible focused, as was the BWU.

Yup...its out there.

For one, Datto posted a complete run through of one of the new strikes. His video shows bit of it up front with his commentary and some spoilers, and then a complete run through follows.

If you don't want to be spoiled, probably best not to look..but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3_kKyszCk

Chucker

I would reeeeally like to get rid of my Vanilla disc...

Top Bottom