• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

darthbob

BWU

tl;dr

RoI ViDoc linked
Twitch Crucible reveal linked
Cosmetic drops in Faction Packages getting reworked, specifically showing off Comitatus
Talking about how cool Private Matches are, possible integration with Bungie Bounties
Last gen is now behind us due to the split in account progression from the recent patch
Some community videos

Ji66a-Man

Had no idea voice share wasn't enabled.

Jigga with those two deaths at oryx. :eyes: Karma for the post?

Besides me, did anyone else not wipe during oryx??

1st death was my fault. 2nd death was completely out of my control and could have been prevented by anyone in the shade being brave enough to bait the hit, but no one stepped up. :eyes:

WipedOut

1st death was my fault. 2nd death was completely out of my control and could have been prevented by anyone in the shade being brave enough to bait the hit, but no one stepped up. :eyes:
Don't you need a warlock for that? :thinking:

When's the Xbox raid with Cha?

Ji66a-Man

Don't you need a warlock for that? :thinking:

When's the Xbox raid with Cha?

No, anyone in the shade with full health can run at Oryx to bait the hit and survive. Cha challenge mode raid happened right after the PS raids wrapped up. Still have 2 more xbone raids to do though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's time. Get in line. Everything will be fine.

Train2.gif

So after 2600 hours of game time I am finally finishing off my Exotic Sword quest. I am on the Essential Elements part, using Solar sub-class on a Hunter. Are ability kills just melee (throwing knife) and super (Golden Gun)? I thought grenades were too but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any tips on hurrying along this step before the final special strike?

For the ability kills there is a glitch you can do that sped it up for me quite drastically. I did it at the same time as the material collecting to make it less boring but you could do it anywhere(such as we've woken the hive).

1. Fly into patrol(or anywhere).
2. With the correct sword(in your case solar) equipped kill enemies until heavy drops or just use a synth.
3. Go to orbit and fly back into patrol(or anywhere you want to farm kills)
4. Switch to sword and hold block until all your ammo depletes, important thing here is to do it where you aren't being shot at/actually blocking damage.
5. Now your sword hilt kills/melee kills count as ability.

If you pick up more heavy whilst killing enemies with the sword melee you can try block down to 0 again and hope it still works but I found it more reliable just to go back to orbit and start again.

There is a few reddit threads about it which might explain the stebs better if that was unclear.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yes you can, same with Trials. There is some speculation they might auto complete all bounties but they didn't with TTK, only Exotic ones so should be fine.

Cool. Gonna do that. Hopefully Bungie doesn't screw me out of them for some random reason...

Ganhyun

so, a few friends of mine want me to get back into this.

I stopped before TTK so I have everything up to that.

What is the best way to go if I decide to get back into this? Im on the xbox btw.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's like a raid except you kill corrupted Guardians. And there's a lot of jumping and solving puzzles like why did I just get snipe running into the open.

For some reason I can't get the 10 streak done this time. I've got top score multiple times but no 10 streak. Going to have to go camp mode and go for more assists I think.

How many strange coins are people holding onto to go into RoI with? I am currently at 600, thinking of just keeping 500 and anything I have above that buying heavy ammo synths. I kinda want to get it to 1000 and then just spend anything above that but I don't think I will get there before RoI.

Jafku

How many strange coins are people holding onto to go into RoI with? I am currently at 600, thinking of just keeping 500 and anything I have above that buying heavy ammo synths. I kinda want to get it to 1000 and then just spend anything above that but I don't think I will get there before RoI.

I've got about 1000

spyder_ur

I've got about 1000

Ha I think you guys are fine.

Everybody freaks out about this stuff prepping for an expansion, and 2 weeks in you will have no use for those coins (or whatever you hoarded) as usual.

All I'm doing is hoarding exotic engrams because there's no point decrypting those right now.

XenoRaven

Apparently one of the key pillars of skill based matchmaking is to completely ignore when people party up together and put teams of three randoms against teams with matching clan tags.

DeaDPo0L84

So im sitting at 312 light and have decent guns/gear but not sure what I should be focusing on to get my light level up. I dont have a group to run with so things like Iron Banner/raid/Elders is kinda hard to get involved with.

I ran a damn circuit around the Moon for two hours to collect 10 Soliton Flares only to be told I need to wait basically a week before I can complete the Exotic Sword quest, WTH.

Top Bottom