• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

K.Sabot

Soooo I'm to understand vanilla Destiny did not have quests?

That's crazy, dunno what I'd have done without being able to track quests.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games. You could tell everybody is tired. We've been playing for seven hours straight. 10 gigs of recorded video. And it's trash because Xsplit froze on me.

HigXx

Bloody Invective Xur?????

Hes not sold Telesto since December, its all I need bar the PS Exclusives. I am losing the will to live

GutZ31

Soooo I'm to understand vanilla Destiny did not have quests?

That's crazy, dunno what I'd have done without being able to track quests.

There was only one way to max level as well. You had to raid. Alot.
Engrams wouldnt turn into what you expected. Blues would turn into greens and whites.
Purples would turn into blues and greens.
Exotic engrams didnt drop, and you had to raid, and do nightfall for a chance at exotics, save Xur if you had the strange coins, or got a vanguard exotic quest, which was rare, and sucked to do most times, as well as being cryptic about what you were agreeing to quest for, as they didnt come out and say you will be unlocking "this gun" from the quest.

So much has changed for the better since vanilla, its hard to put it all in one place without doing some major digging up.

There was only one way to max level as well. You had to raid. Alot.
Engrams wouldnt turn into what you expected. Blues would turn into greens and whites.
Purples would turn into blues and greens.
Exotic engrams didnt drop, and you had to raid, and do nightfall for a chance at exotics, save Xur if you had the strange coins, or got a vanguard exotic quest, which was rare, and sucked to do most times, as well as being cryptic about what you were agreeing to quest for, as they didnt come out and say you will be unlocking "this gun" from the quest.

So much has changed for the better since vanilla, its hard to put it all in one place without doing some major digging up.

Giant Bomb guys sulking about this stuff every week was why I didn't buy this game until the January after TTK came out when everybody said it was safe. It sounds as painful and grindy as like...a Dragon Quest game or something.
Love the older ones but VII was a trauma I still have not let go of.

In 5-10 years there will be no nostalgia for Vanilla destiny. Nostalgia will start around TTK.

I still played the crap out of it and was my GOTY despite its problems.

Xur's on The Reef this week in his hidey-hole in the corner.

Helm of Saint-14
Bones of Eao
Voidfang Vestements
Invective

Voidfang? Don't mind if I do! Been looking to take those for a spin. Also curious about Invective, since I seem to get shot by it a lot.

GutZ31

Giant Bomb guys sulking about this stuff every week was why I didn't buy this game until January when everybody said it was safe. It sounds as painful and grindy as like...a Dragon Quest game or something.
Love the older ones but VII was a trauma I still have not let go of.

Yeah, as one of the few here that stuck around from the very beginning, I can say it has changed for the better dramatically.

The limited things to do out the gate was a huge oversight by bungie at the time.
We ate through content like it was nothing but a snack bag of chips. Later, when they introduced Crota's End, it had so much that felt cheap, or tacked on, that it was hard to call it a good add on, or DLC.
House of Wolves was the next installment, and gave another bitter taste with not having a raid.
Prison of elders was introduced in place of a raid, and at first seemed like it would be a horde mode, but quickly was revealed as just a wave based game mode without tier rewards.
They also offered more ways to get to higher light levels other than just from raiding finally, which was a great move in the right direction.
Added Trials of Osiris.
Shotguns got buffed nicely.

Overall, HoW was a turning point in the right direction, showing they were listening.

Before The Taken King dropped, we got some free events for the holidays like Sparrow Racing League, and Festival of the Lost that were launched to try and keep us pacified with 0 content to hold us over.
We also had other stuff like Crimson Doubles for Valentine's day, but I think that was after The Taken King dropped.

The Taken King took light levels, defence, weapon damage, and just threw them out completely for a combined score rounded up of just light level.
Adding Infusion was great, but it would only make your gear go up by a max of 6 light levels.
This much later got changed to unlimited.

So yeah, things have changed drastically I would say.

Skele7on

Banned
CqNwE8oWgAEK_sq.jpg

Obvious but confirmed.

amar212

How many strange coins are people holding onto to go into RoI with? I am currently at 600, thinking of just keeping 500 and anything I have above that buying heavy ammo synths. I kinda want to get it to 1000 and then just spend anything above that but I don't think I will get there before RoI.

I have some small stash of various items here and there.

EJEslaK.png

If I didn't opt for buying all plasma drives for the Sparrow collection out of pure boredom, it would be 250+ more SC at this point.

amar212

Well, to be hones, I have NOTHING to spend all those things on.

I have all equipment and items I need

Nothing to buy from vendors, nothing to buy from Xur, nothing to invest on.

I have been saying since pre-TTK time that hard-core players have nothing to invest on. With all changes made post-TTK, all my stash have just grow and grow.

Once they've changed MoL from currency into consumable, I had no reason to spend any of them, as well as no reason to exchange any of Ascendant/Radiant Shards into MoL or whatever.

I have more than 500.000 Glimmer only on enemy-faction drops and nothing to do with it.

550+ Exotic Shards to spend on nothing. Same with SC or whatever.

Economy of this game works great to some extent, and from then on you have nothing to do except hoard.

Well, to be hones, I have NOTHING to spend all those things on.

I have all equipment and items I need

Nothing to buy from vendors, nothing to buy from Xur, nothing to invest on.

I have been saying since pre-TTK time that hard-core players have nothing to invest on. With all changes made post-TTK, all my stash have just grow and grow.

Once they've changed MoL from currency into consumable, I had no reason to spend any of them, as well as no reason to exchange any of Ascendant/Radiant Shards into MoL or whatever.

I have more than 500.000 Glimmer only on enemy-faction drops and nothing to do with it.

550+ Exotic Shards to spend on nothing. Same with SC or whatever.

Economy of this game works great to some extent, and from then on you have nothing to do except hoard.

You must leave behind the physical things of this mortal plain, my son, and ascend to Youtube above.

Hedera

Called Sony and they refunded $29.99 to my PSN wallet,(for my ROI pre-order) paid the additional $10 (for Destiny the collection) and now I can ditch my disc.

Just in case anyone has OCD like myself and would pay $10 to not have to have a disc in their machine haha.
Oh yeah, I'm gonna do this too. Just waiting on IB to finish so I don't have to re-download everything during this week.

Kyoufu

Has anyone received their Moment of Triumph shirt yet? Ordered it a month ago but it hasn't arrived. Is it supposed to take a long time?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
So I hadn't logged on in a couple of months, but when I did last night each of my characters had a package from Bungie with the exotic class item from TTK and emotes from the legendary edition or whatever it is that had it. Is this a universal thing or because I was gone so long?

NeOak

So I hadn't logged on in a couple of months, but when I did last night each of my characters had a package from Bungie with the exotic class item from TTK and emotes from the legendary edition or whatever it is that had it. Is this a universal thing or because I was gone so long?
No.

You bought the Limited Edition.

It was a bug on the Xbox version. Good thing is, they're letting us keep the items.

Awesome. How long did it take to ship for you? Mine has been 4 weeks but no shipping confimation yet. I'm thinking I should contact Bungie at this point.

Mine shipped last Wednesday but I also placed my order when they went up (7/7) so they're likely going out in waves, if you ordered yours a week or 2 later it should hopefully be going out soon.

With a lot of new and returning players lurking since Gamescom I just wanted to post and remind everyone that I have a clan on Xbox One that's open to all of GAF. Shoot me a PM or search Progenitor on bungie.net.

Skele7on

Banned
Silver trophy for buying all ornaments with.....silver?

Don't give them idea's! I doubt they'd do this anyway... I hope not anyway!

Thanks Skele7on I was wondering about that

Far from obvious considering Bungie included zero trophies/achievements for both TDB and HoW. So this is good to hear.

That's fine, any other questions you have shoot them over will ask!
Well I was fairly sure this being a "year 3" not a standard DLC that'd it'd have the support
just really glad it actually does, no trophies / achievements annoy me.

Damn the selection at Xur is trash this week.

Invective's alright. Good range, high RoF and that ammo regen perk is useful for pvp.

I bought the Voidfang Vestements...I know some people prefer them but so far I can't see why I'd rather use these than laying down death-fields of scatter grenades every 30 seconds with the Nothing Manacles.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
It was a bug on the Xbox version. Good thing is, they're letting us keep the items.

Ah, that makes more sense. Not that I need the items, I've had all subclasses maxed for a long time anyway. The emotes are kind of nice I guess. I don't really love'em, but choices are good.

Top Bottom