• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Axoman

Here is a good example of how SBMM can screw over lower skilled friends when playing together.

Below is my friend's guardian.gg daily K/D and ELO.

iAMfkda.jpg

The dates are a day off, but on Aug 16 (Aug 17 in graph) we played IB all night together, his overall K/D for the day was 0.47. The next day, he played solo and had a K/D of 1.2. Last night, we played again and his K/D for the day was 0.49.

My friend enjoys playing PvP, but I always have to beg him to play together because he generally gets destroyed when playing with me. I wish Bungie could do something to improve this situation.

FyreWulff

NeOak

Xeroblade

Invective's alright. Good range, high RoF and that ammo regen perk is useful for pvp.

I bought the Voidfang Vestements...I know some people prefer them but so far I can't see why I'd rather use these than laying down death-fields of scatter grenades every 30 seconds with the Nothing Manacles.

I picked up the Voidfangs, I dont have the Magical Manacles yet. So that will have to do.

Lee

With a lot of new and returning players lurking since Gamescom I just wanted to post and remind everyone that I have a clan on Xbox One that's open to all of GAF. Shoot me a PM or search Progenitor on bungie.net.

This the one? https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/174077/0/3/0

Nice work recruiting. I've joined the group at least. I'm sitting in a little local clan with some friends/family and get endless shit whenever I change my clan tag, or else I'd join the Xbox clan.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/2/4611686018428388327?year=2

KF HM Oryx Kill (every fireteam I try to do this with goes and eats dinner or falls apart)

Exotic Sword (that's just grinding.. so not really counting this one as an obstacle)

https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/psn/Fyre_Wulff

all 3 challenge modes. i find it strange that I'm still missing Court fragments. same issues as above with the dinner eating and the timing.

Lol never gets old with online games.

Person 1: "Hey, I started a fireteam, lets get Oryx"
All: Yeah!!
Person 1+2: start goofing off and getting distracted by memes or Overwatch Twitch
Me: Uh... Oryx?
Person 1: Oh yea yea, I forgot!
Person 2: Yo lets do Nightfall!
Me: Sure, after Oryx.
Person 2: (Starts blaring his music obnoxiuosly)
Person 1: Oh shit fam, dats my jam!
Me: ...
(After wasting 45 minutes of nothing we get to Oryx and fail once)
Person 2: (still blaring music and starts singing along with it)
Me: *ears bleeding*
Person 1: Hey guys, gotta go eat dinner. (logs off instantly.)
Person 2: (Doesn't even realize what's going on and probably doesn't care)
Me: fuck this I'm out.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/2/4611686018428388327?year=2

KF HM Oryx Kill (every fireteam I try to do this with goes and eats dinner or falls apart)

Exotic Sword (that's just grinding.. so not really counting this one as an obstacle)

https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/psn/Fyre_Wulff

all 3 challenge modes. i find it strange that I'm still missing Court fragments. same issues as above with the dinner eating and the timing.

HM Raid is the only trophy I need to Guardian Lord, so I will happily help you if the time zones line up. PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

I picked up the Voidfangs, I dont have the Magical Manacles yet. So that will have to do.

My opinions are purely my own and frequently wrong. You may be one of those who are happier with an Axiom Bolt build, especially if you use Vortex on your Nova Bomb.

So I'm trading in NMS soon and I'll be getting 60 bucks back. If I just swap it out for $60 PSN credit I'll have $20 PSN credit afterwards.

Will ROI have any new microtransactions worth buying?

Ryck

Oh yeah, I'm gonna do this too. Just waiting on IB to finish so I don't have to re-download everything during this week.
If you only delete the app in the main ps menu and not the app data in the settings area it only takes about 4 hours to dl give or take. (16 gigs)

Lee

So I'm trading in NMS soon and I'll be getting 60 bucks back. If I just swap it out for $60 PSN credit I'll have $20 PSN credit afterwards.

Will ROI have any new microtransactions worth buying?

They will have new emotes as well as ornaments for sale - not sure if individually wrapped, or only sold in the new treasure boxes.

lol at vault hoarders. I'd like to see more vault pictures so I can look in aw of what I have so little of.

Edit: NVM. Didn't see that hoarder screenshot on the last page. Holy cow that's a ton of materials... don't even want to share mine....

Lnkn52

Called Sony and they refunded $29.99 to my PSN wallet,(for my ROI pre-order) paid the additional $10 (for Destiny the collection) and now I can ditch my disc.

Just in case anyone has OCD like myself and would pay $10 to not have to have a disc in their machine haha.

Thanks to you and Chucker. I was able to cancel my pre-order, and get a refund immediately.

Had trouble making the purchase, so I switched browser and everything was okay.

FYI: I've never played Destiny on PS3.

Rehsa

Thanks to you and Chucker. I was able to cancel my pre-order, and get a refund immediately.

Had trouble making the purchase, so I switched browser and everything was okay.

FYI: I've never played Destiny on PS3.
Yeah it worked like a charm, I never played on PS3 either. Worth it

Hunger and embrace the void and getting kills means even more often than 30s.

I use voidfang vestments with axiom bolts at other times too; good to mix it up.

I usually use Angry Magic rather than The Hunger just because A) I use Shatter so I get a wide wall of 3 sorta heat-seaking Nova Bombs, and B) my aim is mediocre and I get sour when my nova misses.

But I'll give The Hunger a spin and see if it makes a notable difference.

okay...

I guess all those grasps will turn from infusion fodder (everything is 335) to legendary marks come RoI

Holy moly! All those grasps! That's a LOT of omniguls

I think i am "rich" with a half dozen spare exotic engrams and quite a few spare legendaries...and then I see PROPER vaults :)

OT - but does any one think they will lock the new higher light vendor gear behind a new currency? They have in every expansion/release so far (high light was originally locked behind raid materials and then they started bringing in new currencies when new vendor gear was higher than old raid gear).

Lee

Is it worth buying the Collection Upgrade if I'm already all digital in order to get the level 40 character boost?

Edit: I went ahead and bought it. I saw on the Bungie forums that people who do own TTK on 360 aren't able to buy the Upgrade currently, while people who have TTK on Xbox One are having no issues. So I think whoever set up the requirements on the store got things backwards, and I figured I should jump on it while I had the chance. $10 for a lvl 40 booster seems fair to me. Why I keep giving this game extra money is beyond me, but its the only game I play really so whatever.

Hedera

If you only delete the app in the main ps menu and not the app data in the settings area it only takes about 4 hours to dl give or take. (16 gigs)
Yeah I know, around 3,5 and 4 hours. But since I'm playing very sporadically this week and I really want that HC, I don't want to risk play time. I could leave it overnight I guess, but there's no hurry to get it.

Edit: Screw the heavy kills bounty! 4 games, 0 kills. FeelsBadMan

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It took me 3 hours last night to get the 3 Heavy weapon kill bounty. Most of the times i died right before the heavy weapon spawns, the rest of the times i die after some dude from across the map snipes me because of all the camping that starts after everyone grabs the heavy ammo.

I like IB because of how challenging it is but man Clash is so fucking campy. I hated getting Supered while capturing zones during Control IB last month, but at least it wasnt this campy.

I still need to get the top score bounty done but i top out at 11-12 kills on my best rounds. its so hard keeping up with Tacoz.

Is it worth buying the Collection Upgrade if I'm already all digital in order to get the level 40 character boost?

Edit: I went ahead and bought it. I saw on the Bungie forums that people who do own TTK on 360 aren't able to buy the Upgrade currently, while people who have TTK on Xbox One are having no issues. So I think whoever set up the requirements on the store got things backwards, and I figured I should jump on it while I had the chance. $10 for a lvl 40 booster seems fair to me. Why I keep giving this game extra money is beyond me, but its the only game I play really so whatever.
You won't get a spark of light if you already own TTK.

It took me 3 hours last night to get the 3 Heavy weapon kill bounty. Most of the times i die right before the heavy weapon spawns, the rest of the times i die after some dude from across the map snipes me because of all the camping that starts after everyone grabs the heavy ammo.

I like IB because of how challenging it is but man Clash is so fucking campy. I hated getting Supered while capturing zones during Control IB last month, but at least it wasnt this campy.

I still need to get the top score bounty done but there i top out at 11-12 kills on my best rounds. its so hard keeping up with Tacoz.
That heavy kill bounty showed up again today lol

Lee

How difficult is it to do Skola's Revenge solo? Can I use a Sleeper Sim. to kill him quickly? I just want the ship and the shader.

It took me 3 hours last night to get the 3 Heavy weapon kill bounty. Most of the times i died right before the heavy weapon spawns, the rest of the times i die after some dude from across the map snipes me because of all the camping that starts after everyone grabs the heavy ammo.

I was having this problem last night. I don't normally like to use heavy ammo, but I needed to get those kills. I almost always die right before I get the heavy ammo. Kinda infuriating.

So for the vets here, have a question. I bought Destiny when it came out and played it a lot in the beginning, had fun but felt we did everything in the game. Got tired of waiting for other people to get raids going and just lost interest for whatever reason.

So for a vanilla destiny player that doesnt have any DLC, whats the best way to get back on track with DLC and such? Is there a way to just get taken king without rebuying the entire game again?

How difficult is it to do Skola's Revenge solo? Can I use a Sleeper Sim. to kill him quickly? I just want the ship and the shader.

I was having this problem last night. I don't normally like to use heavy ammo, but I needed to get those kills. I almost always die right before I get the heavy ammo. Kinda infuriating.
I think you need a sword to solo it, to block the devouring essence. Not sure how easy it would be to solo kill him with the sleeper before the timer is up.

Skele7on

Banned
The level 40 boost is listed on the description for the Upgrade, and the Upgrade is only for people who have TTK, so I don't see how they will go about not giving it to people.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/211156499?sort=0&page=0

I think I'm good, but if I don't get the boost on 9/20 it's not the end of the world.

I was told you would get a level boost in the collection and solo rise of iron on release by Urk the other day so he'll be fine

NeOak

So for the vets here, have a question. I bought Destiny when it came out and played it a lot in the beginning, had fun but felt we did everything in the game. Got tired of waiting for other people to get raids going and just lost interest for whatever reason.

So for a vanilla destiny player that doesnt have any DLC, whats the best way to get back on track with DLC and such? Is there a way to just get taken king without rebuying the entire game again?

Go for the Destiny Upgrade that costs $40.

I feel like it's impossible for me to reach max light lvl. No one ever wants to do raids, CoE, NFs, etc when I'm able to do them. Sounds selfish, but man I could really use in-game lfg.

Ryck

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to vault space. I feel like I'm constantly breaking weapons and armor down if I am not completely in love with the piece. I've very much become a vault space minimalist.

Feels good, liberating even.

Top Bottom