• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Rehsa

Super easy Challenge of Elders, thanks Gibb and Gusty! Ended up with a hand of judgement with hammer forged/braced frame / lightweight / third eye/firefly
One more Triumph left, 3 fragments

Welp.

Now I just need to get good at the game again

Nice.

Got a similar Vanity tonight from the FWC:
Truesight IS, LitC, Reinforced Barrel, Outlaw. The base range isn't as high but it's still a lot of fun to use.

In IB, had a Peril drop with Truesight IS, Rangefinder, Rifled, Army of One. Feels really snappy.

Got an Eyasluna and Revelator tonight that were only almost-good, sadly.

KuroNeeko

I'm pretty down with a newbie run, but stuck in JST. lol

Any other Asian-based players out there who want to try to get a group together for a raid on the weekend?

Great too go back I tell ya. That one was not only for No Time to Explain, but for Drizzay. You'll be missed. Lots of stories were told and some were made. Always great to do a VoG run, or any raid really.

Thanks for playing guys!

FdwsUeQ.jpg

Thanks for everything Drizzay. You'll continue to be there in the VoG.

deafmedal

Alright sweet!

VoG for No Time to Explain
1. TheWorthyEdge
2. Armorane
3. Robdraggoo
4. McArkus
5. deafmedal
6. kernal with the last minute leech :p

Thanks for the run, great way to shake the dust of the ole robes :)
Such a fun encounter, I hope they can capture that magic again.
edit: fuck it, I'll run it till the server shuts down!

Thanks, Reluctant and Shiv, for the nf run.

Man... I try to stay optimistic about this game, but the one--unforgivable--thing I can't stand is that ammo nerf. Zero bullets dropped in that first part.

And, I remember, like two weeks ago, doing bounties at the citadel, even did the Vex Sacrifice public event, and running completely out of bullets twice because zero enemies dropped ammo. I mean come on!

I'm game to run the nf again if there are others willing.

forgrim

jesus, i've stopped playing destiny for like a year but I just heard of the Drizzay news and man, he was a legend, always helpful.

rip brother

ori0n378e

So, Y2 MoT. I only have 2 parts completed, "The Third Element" and "The Play's the Thing." On the "A Blade Reborn," I'm at the part of 19/50 major kills and 0 guardian kills. I suck at PvP, so this one's going to be tough. On "Eris Morn's Revenge," I still need 26 fragments. Is this all doable before it ends, or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks DGaf

Alright, down to 10 fragments left. Most are T2/T3 Court of Oryx. The 3 hard ones are the "Warpriest Challenge Mode," "Golgoroth Challenge Mode," and Oryx Challenge Mode." Anyone up to help me with those this coming Sunday, the 28th? Are these challenges hard. I'll read up on them now. I'll also read up on the Court of Oryx ones too. Are those random, or can I make what I need to show up, show up?

Thanks again...

Alright, down to 10 fragments left. Most are T2/T3 Court of Oryx. The 3 hard ones are the "Warpriest Challenge Mode," "Golgoroth Challenge Mode," and Oryx Challenge Mode." Anyone up to help me with those this coming Sunday, the 28th? Are these challenges hard. I'll read up on them now. I'll also read up on the Court of Oryx ones too. Are those random, or can I make what I need to show up, show up?

Thanks again...
The tier three CoO aren't random. There are three and they rotate every week.

Edit: Doing a NF with DThomp, if anyone wants in just join or lemme know.

Edit 2: At boss.

Edit 3: Completed. And got squat.

ocean

Banned

Thanks again...
Ok so there's 1 challenge and 1 Tier 3 CoO boss per week. So it'll take you 3 weeks to get those 6 Fragments.

Challenge modes aren't really challenging. They just require you to beat a boss in a specific way. It can be done on Normal difficulty if you just wanna get it done quickly.

As for T3 CoO, it's not random. You need to summon the boss with an Antiquated Rune. If you don't have any...you'll need to grind CoO until one drops, or open chests in the King's Fall raid. Luckily you don't lose your Rune if you fail the boss, you get to try again. They're not hard, but they can be tricky to solo - it's best to take some buddies with you.

Look for the KF challenges and CoO bosses on YouTube so you understand the mechanics before getting a group together.

You're still on time but just barely. Try to do this week's challenge and CoO boss.

ori0n378e

The tier three CoO aren't random. There are three and they rotate every week.

Edit: Doing a NF with DThomp, if anyone wants in just join or lemme know.

Ok so there's 1 challenge and 1 Tier 3 CoO boss per week. So it'll take you 3 weeks to get those 6 Fragments.

Challenge modes aren't really challenging. They just require you to beat a boss in a specific way. It can be done on Normal difficulty if you just wanna get it done quickly.

As for T3 CoO, it's not random. You need to summon the boss with an Antiquated Rune. If you don't have any...you'll need to grind CoO until one drops, or open chests in the King's Fall raid. Luckily you don't lose your Rune if you fail the boss, you get to try again. They're not hard, but they can be tricky to solo - it's best to take some buddies with you.

Look for the KF challenges and CoO bosses on YouTube so you understand the mechanics before getting a group together.

You're still on time but just barely. Try to do this week's challenge and CoO boss.

Will do. Thanks Lunatic/Ocean! Night Destiny GAF...

Rehsa

Nice farm after the CoE, last match didn't even realize I got a Queenbreaker's Bow :)

And got the Anahata shader from Cryptarch, why you give me another ugly shader after Lion Dancer?

phen0m24

Good times were had in the vog

Thanks for memories

Thanks for the run, great way to shake the dust of the ole robes :)
Such a fun encounter, I hope they can capture that magic again.
edit: fuck it, I'll run it till the server shuts down!

It was great. Super fun stuff, and I'm glad my friend could experience it for the first time.

Glad to share this experiences with everyone here, it just feels good.

Thanks for the invite guys, and thanks Drizzay for teaching me so many moons so. We put on our chatterwhite and everything.

What I wouldn't give for a few minutes with Drizz.. I kept hearing his voice in my head. :cry:

Dthomp

Holy Crap, I have no idea what happened there Looney. Between constantly dying and apparently red barring for us both that was a bunch on nonsense. Sorry all you got was a ghost out of that :(

I did get an exotic engram and the mark from the undying mind and a Winter Emote as my reward. I'll make up for my awful play another time

Holy Crap, I have no idea what happened there Looney. Between constantly dying and apparently red barring for us both that was a bunch on nonsense. Sorry all you got was a ghost out of that :(

I did get an exotic engram and the mark from the undying mind and a Winter Emote as my reward. I'll make up for my awful play another time
Yeah, the red-barring was weird.

Glad one of us got something, at least, lol.

Edit: I now truly understand the power of the Titan.

EL CUCO

Man CoE gives some garbage mission rewards. Some blues and a purple engram (if your lucky) for end game is kinda pitiful. I think I got spoiled by Division's loot system. I need to get used to the weekly lockouts again :/

Dalek

Anyone able to help me with completing my Crucible Triumphs? Right now I need to earn 9 points in the Elimination playlist.

The matchmaking chat is good, but to be fair it was all discussed to death in like December 2014 ;) sorry :(

IMHO Bungies view is that clans, and clan chat will be their version of LFG. They want to make this a social game as much as possible so they want to create sticky networks where people know each other.

I'm sure they have discussed switching on auto-matchmaking after a certain number of completions but they don't want to do it. They want to design the raid knowing that all 6 people have committed to it, it might take some time, people may unexpectedly cock up and people need some patience and sticking power to see it through.

There is the argument that turning it on as an option doesn't hurt anyone who doesn't want to use it. I think this is false, especially early on in Destiny. An awful lot of people would have tried it, had a miserable time, and sworn off raids forever. A lot of those people wont have done the raid anyway, as they won't LFG BUT there are some (like me) that DID bother to LFG (via a forum) and realised that it was an amazing experience.

vctor182

Hey guys this week's heroic strikes make year 1 void weapons do really good damage thanks to void burn and small arms. I gave Atheons epilogue a try and it was fun. Just remember to change it when picking up legendary stuff... I grabbed one and turned out to be a 321 taniks cloak! lol

raindoc

I need some guideance. Just getting started with TTK after a year of abstinence I want to make the most out of my spare gaming time. The chart I got refered to a couple of pages ago is fine, but what I'm really looking for is a guide about how to progress most efficiantly, that I can only guess was posted back when TTK arrived.
Right now I'm planning to do the story missions and then Strikes/dailies until I can join a raiding party (what lvl is suggested?)
Only a couple of questions I have: Does it matter what gear I'm wearing as I progress (read something about the light lvl affecting how much more light one earns)? Are there new armor pieces I need to get in order to max out my light level or do existing pieces level up as I play?
And what light level is recommended for the Nightfall & Raid?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I need some guideance. Just getting started with TTK after a year of abstinence I want to make the most out of my spare gaming time. The chart I got refered to a couple of pages ago is fine, but what I'm really looking for is a guide about how to progress most efficiantly, that I can only guess was posted back when TTK arrived.
Right now I'm planning to do the story missions and then Strikes/dailies until I can join a raiding party (what lvl is suggested?)
Only a couple of questions I have: Does it matter what gear I'm wearing as I progress (read something about the light lvl affecting how much more light one earns)? Are there new armor pieces I need to get in order to max out my light level or do existing pieces level up as I play?
And what light level is recommended for the Nightfall & Raid?
all activities will give you a recommended light level. You can hover or click on them and they'll let you know. Typically for people looking to get raid ready I would say to utilize the strike playlist as you're going to get lots of gauranteed drops that will raise your LL whether they be blue or purple which is all you need to focus on right now.

Best way to raise light level is to always equip your strongest gear before you decrypt an engram. For instance say you had two encrypted engrams. Decrypt only one and if it raises your LL equip it before decrypting the next engram and so on and so forth. Engrams will only decrypt up to 6 lvls above your LL. If you see a purpose piece of gear or weaponry you like you can have it eat a stronger weapon to raise the level of your liked weapon. It is a 1:1 conversion.

You can use any piece of armor to raise your light level and your armor and weapons do not increase as you play more with them. Instead they gain experience and you're able to unlock and buy the perks on your respective weapon and armor. If you want to get a higher light level you simply need to equip higher gear.

robo

Cm warpriest ps4 UK 21:00 approx

1. Gulfwarvet
2. My nipper who has the cp
3. Thaennon

I will try and get the cp on all three of my guardians so I can get the run three times so maybe others can join the other runs.

I've mot done this cm yet do will need help by the way 😂

Got to say, hand cannon + sniper rifle combo is beautiful. Headshots for days. :D

Congrats, you just started but you already figured out the loadout every streamer seems to use, lol.

I'm pretty down with a newbie run, but stuck in JST. lol

Any other Asian-based players out there who want to try to get a group together for a raid on the weekend?

I'm also in JST, hit me up - PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

The matchmaking chat is good, but to be fair it was all discussed to death in like December 2014 ;) sorry :(

IMHO Bungies view is that clans, and clan chat will be their version of LFG. They want to make this a social game as much as possible so they want to create sticky networks where people know each other.

I'm sure they have discussed switching on auto-matchmaking after a certain number of completions but they don't want to do it. They want to design the raid knowing that all 6 people have committed to it, it might take some time, people may unexpectedly cock up and people need some patience and sticking power to see it through.

There is the argument that turning it on as an option doesn't hurt anyone who doesn't want to use it. I think this is false, especially early on in Destiny. An awful lot of people would have tried it, had a miserable time, and sworn off raids forever. A lot of those people wont have done the raid anyway, as they won't LFG BUT there are some (like me) that DID bother to LFG (via a forum) and realised that it was an amazing experience.

I agree with this. I'm on the other side of the planet, and most raids are happening when it's like 9-10am where I am, so I'm negatively affected by this more than most people.

But I'll be honest, I soloed 99.5% of the game, and there's no way I'd be on here anywhere near as much if the game didn't encourage/force people to get out of their shells and form real communities at certain points. It makes the raids special events for most people, stops (most) folks from just grinding out all the gear in the first week, and there's no question it fosters community building. Which is important, as it helps both promote the game, and builds people's emotional attachment and involvement to it.

It's not like they built in roadblocks with it, it only really affects the end game and the two raids before it, by which point the player is dozens on hours in.

Cm warpriest ps4 UK 21:00 approx

1. Gulfwarvet
2. My nipper who has the cp
3. Thaennon

I will try and get the cp on all three of my guardians so I can get the run three times so maybe others can join the other runs.

I've mot done this cm yet do will need help by the way 😂

I should still be up, and I need that fragment, I'll be happy to join - PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

shaw515

Neo Member
Safe start times for me are usually 10pm est, sometimes earlier, just depends on when the wife and kid go to sleep. I can Sherpa any of the raids, I do kings fall weekly and know that pretty well. I can do the other two as well without issue.

I'mnot sure how many xboxers there are, but if nothing else maybe we can get a weekly raid group going in the lead up to roi and throw in a newbie friendly raid as well.

I am on Xbox One. I have played around 1000 hours but my time became more scarce around the release of Taken King so by the time I was raid ready I kind of felt like an outcast because I had not done it yet. I did find a group once that made it up to Golgoroth but that was it. I would be very interested in a newbie Kings Fall raid for Xbox players. And I would be interested in getting to know more players in general for Rise of Iron.

GutZ31

How can i join the neogaf community on PS4? It says there I have to make a post here..??
To join the DGaf Playstation Community, just private message me with your username for both neogaf and PSN.
A little redundant, I know, but we get a lot of requests without verification.
Just trying to keep it DGaf if at all possible.

Alternatively, I sometimes accept applications thru PSN if the Gaf name has a lot of mileage.

Anybody (preferably with a defender bubble) feel like helping me with the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. strike for the Sleeper Simulant? The rest isn't bad, but that defend the warsat scene on level 42 very hard may be the most ridiculous sequence in the entire game.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

Dibbs

Lunchbreak, 1 hour:

Drive home + eat lunch = 15 mins
Boot up Ps4, play a strike with randoms + Tower-chilling = 40 mins
Drive back to work = 5 mins

FyreWulff

It's the same with custom games, people were having to bypass the random matchmaking system by queuing up simultaneously. I wonder what the dumb reason was for holding back custom games from being implemented.

By the way, Christopher Barrett (game director for RoI) is a god for putting in custom games. Even though it probably easy for Bungie to implement, imagine all of the anti-custom game bullshit he probably had to go through to get what he wanted, the guy must have balls of steel. He must be like the game dev equivalent of George S. Patton

Custom games weren't held back intentionally nor are or were ever easy to implement in any of their previous games. They were always at the bottom of the implementation queue because they have a lot of moving parts and also had to wait on the rest of the game to solidify to even know what there was to customize. There isn't an "anti customs" contingent in Bungie. If only they had been able to do what they wanted to do with Reach customs..

glaurung

Anybody (preferably with a defender bubble) feel like helping me with the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. strike for the Sleeper Simulant? The rest isn't bad, but that defend the warsat scene on level 42 very hard may be the most ridiculous sequence in the entire game.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas
I would love to help you out, but I'm stuck at work for another four hours.

I would love to help you out, but I'm stuck at work for another four hours.

At this rate, I may still be at it for another four hours.

Like, if it was just three nearly indestructible captains rushing you, or just the skiff shelling you to oblivion from the sky, it might be survivable. But both those things combined with invisible sword vandals, yellow bar dregs, a time limit and next to no viable cover because of the ring you have to stay in?

come-on-gob-arrested-development.gif

I've got 330 LL, flame shield, light beyond nemesis + fireborn, and yet getting a team of randoms past about 60% seems nearly impossible without a bubble.

Top Bottom