• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

milkham

I'm on the fence about matchmaking. I've played with the best and the worst of the destiny player base. Me and LFG have either been team first try or team why didn't you tell me you don't know what to do, but the one consistent thing has always been mics. Every person i've ever had to dig up from lfg, r/fireteams or gaf has had a mic.

The division has matchmaking for everything and that means players with no mics or who have mics and you can hear their music or hear them eating but they still won't say anything.

I feel like its a tossup whether it would actually improve the game or not.

vwluke

Neo Member
Hey guys I just got back into destiny I was hoping to find a group for kings fall normal it's my first time doing it would love to try it out light lvl 295 not sure if I have to be higher light level any help would be appreciated.

ori0n378e

So, Y2 MoT. I only have 2 parts completed, "The Third Element" and "The Play's the Thing." On the "A Blade Reborn," I'm at the part of 19/50 major kills and 0 guardian kills. I suck at PvP, so this one's going to be tough. On "Eris Morn's Revenge," I still need 26 fragments. Is this all doable before it ends, or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks DGaf

So, Y2 MoT. I only have 2 parts completed, "The Third Element" and "The Play's the Thing." On the "A Blade Reborn," I'm at the part of 19/50 major kills and 0 guardian kills. I suck at PvP, so this one's going to be tough. On "Eris Morn's Revenge," I still need 26 fragments. Is this all doable before it ends, or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks DGaf
Well I'm not sure what the first two are, but you can get the sword kills by grabbing a friend, go into classic rumble, then have him let you kill him until you get it. As for the fragments, it depends which ones you need. If you need all the CM and T3 CoO still, you have a very tight window for those, but should be doable.

Ok, just looked up the first two and those can be finished in a couple of days.

SheHateMe

August 30th the last week you have to do Golgy.

7/26 - 8/1, 8/16 - 8/22 and 9/6 - 9/12 are the final 3 weeks for Oryx.

8/2 - 8/8, 8/23 - 8/29, and 9/13 - 9/19 are the final 3 weeks for Warpriest.

8/9 - 8/15 and 8/30 - 9/5 are the final 2 weeks for Golgy.

Of course, this is all assuming that Bungie doesn't change the schedule.

Just bumping this for anyone who doesn't know: This is the second to last week you have to stomp the Warpriest in Challenge Mode.

Next week is the final week for Golgy CM and the week after is the final week for Oryx CM.

Thanks DGaf

Depending on what you need as far a fragments go. Everything else is doable.

Need some help on some stuff just say the word.

Here's some tips.

For the sword quest. Take a friend into classic rumble and have him let you smack him with tree sword hilt. You'll have your kills in 2 games.

For the majors. Go to the hm version of fears embrace. 3 majors spawn right at the beginning. Kill them and jump off the edge. Rinse repeat.

The April update quests are easy peasy and can be completed within an hour

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just bumping this for anyone who doesn't know: This is the second to last week you have to stomp the Warpriest in Challenge Mode.

Next week is the final week for Golgy CM and the week after is the final week for Oryx CM.

Can you explain this a bit more? I just started playing again this past weekend, so I'd love to finish whatever I can.

Going to do PvP for a bit on XBone if anyone is interested.

how long are raids for a noob

My team took 4.4-5 hours to do KF on normal the first successful run. Nobody had done it before, though a few of us had read guides and watched videos. I think our fastest NM clear is 45-60 minutes after less than 6 clears.

vid

Can you explain this a bit more? I just started playing again this past weekend, so I'd love to finish whatever I can.

King's Fall has three challenge modes, one for Warpriest, one for Golgaroth, and one for Oryx. They rotate every week, and you can only get certain calcified fragments by completing those challenges.

Likewise, there are three Tier 3 Court of Oryx battles with calcified fragments attached that also rotate on a weekly basis. If you're going for everything, you've got to strike now and plan wisely!

Edit: Not to mention the one that you can only get for doing a Nightfall that takes place on the Dreadnaught.

Jafku

What he's saying is that this is your second-to-last chance to defeat Challenge Mode Warpriest before Rise of Iron. Each week a different raid boss from Kings Fall will have a challenge mode, requiring you to defeat the boss in a certain way. This week it's Warpriest, next week it's Golgoroth, and the week after is Oryx. You'll wanna complete these if you intend to finish the Y2 Moments of Triumph

X-Frame

Do faction packages contents decrypt to next expansion items if you have them ready to redeem?

I assume no otherwise nobody would both edging factions.

ori0n378e

Well I'm not sure what the first two are, but you can get the sword kills by grabbing a friend, go into classic rumble, then have him let you kill him until you get it. As for the fragments, it depends which ones you need. If you need all the CM and T3 CoO still, you have a very tight window for those, but should be doable.

Ok, just looked up the first two and those can be finished in a couple of days.

Depending on what you need as far a fragments go. Everything else is doable.

Need some help on some stuff just say the word.

Here's some tips.

For the sword quest. Take a friend into classic rumble and have him let you smack him with tree sword hilt. You'll have your kills in 2 games.

For the majors. Go to the hm version of fears embrace. 3 majors spawn right at the beginning. Kill them and jump off the edge. Rinse repeat.

The April update quests are easy peasy and can be completed within an hour
Doing all fragments now and I'll see what I have left after that. Thanks you two...

Strider

Y13A73a.png

Welp.

Now I just need to get good at the game again

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
King's Fall has three challenge modes, one for Warpriest, one for Golgaroth, and one for Oryx. They rotate every week, and you can only get certain calcified fragments by completing those challenges.

Likewise, there are three Tier 3 Court of Oryx battles with calcified fragments attached that also rotate on a weekly basis. If you're going for everything, you've got to strike now and plan wisely!

Edit: Not to mention the one that you can only get for doing a Nightfall that takes place on the Dreadnaught.

What sort of LL should I have before I try and find a group for this stuff?

Can I download the demo on Xbox One and not have to use the Destiny disc anymore? If not I'm probably just going to buy the collection digitally.

I just read every post starting with Grave's and still can't belive that it's real. My deepest condolences go out to Drizzay's wife and his family, and gafers who woke up at ungodly hours to do reset raids with him.

He was one of the few that I trusted completely to "friend" my kids on PSN. He was patient with them, and didn't unfriend them even when they spammed him with game invites.

He will be missed more than he could have ever known, and I feel for the chump that I convince to carry me in his absence.

Top Bottom