• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Lee

So many Xbox folks coming out of the shadows. If anyone plays nights feel free to add me (gamertag is Lee) and send a message letting me know so I can add you back. Hippo, I think we still have spots for the raid tomorrow night, is that right? Also, I usually play pretty late when I'm on so if we wanted to set up a list for a second raid after the first (granted it will be pretty late) I would be happy to do that.

Bungie.net clans are nifty but pretty impractical for communicating/setting up groups/etc., at least for now. I suggest a discord server specifically for Xbox DGAF. I can set one up, but don't want to step on anyone's toes as there is already a very active DGAF discord.

X-Frame

You'll be able to audition for the parts of old cackling conspiring witch and man pretending to be a pirate with a hook. Arrgggh.

Haha, now I'm so doing it.

I dont claw but clawing allows for small benefits such as YY'ing more effeciently, rolling easily when playing nightstalker, etc. It essentially allows for you to press all 4 face buttons without removing the thumb from the analog stick while just moving jump to a bumper only let's you "press one face button"

I'd recommend just getting a controller with paddles tho lol

I gotcha, makes sense. So it's like for me I could Twilight Garrison evade while also spinning the camera, whereas now with Jumper I need to take my right thumb off the stick to double-tap Circle.

Man that's bad for your hands. Just get an Elite.

I only use two paddles - left is X (square) and right is A (cross) so I can reload/revive and jump without taking my thumbs off the sticks.

I wish, on PS4. I'd love an Elite-style PS controller that is not a Scuf. Here's hoping Sony surprises is for the Neo reveal event.

So many Xbox folks coming out of the shadows. If anyone plays nights feel free to add me (gamertag is Lee) and send a message letting me know so I can add you back. Hippo, I think we still have spots for the raid tomorrow night, is that right? Also, I usually play pretty late when I'm on so if we wanted to set up a list for a second raid after the first (granted it will be pretty late) I would be happy to do that.

Bungie.net clans are nifty but pretty impractical for communicating/setting up groups/etc., at least for now. I suggest a discord server specifically for Xbox DGAF. I can set one up, but don't want to step on anyone's toes as there is already a very active DGAF discord.

Two spots left for tomorrow's raid. I think a second raid could be a great idea. Depending on how long the first takes, not sure I can help with the second, but the more chances we have to bring Xbone DGAF out of hiding, the better!

SpecX

Going to try and log on tonight, anyone willing to help me complete a CoE card? This is all that remains for me to achieve Y2 triumphs.

Admodieus

I actually mentioned this recently in the Bad to the XBone Bungie.net group. I think it would be great to have a Discord server specifically for XBox DGAF.

EL CUCO

Does anyone here Claw for their controller?

Is there any benefit to Clawing as opposed to switching the config to Jumper?
As Strider noted, the purpose of clawing is so that your right thumb is never off the aim stick. So basically anything that has to do with face buttons are done while aiming. Sliding, Reviving, Super (if you use BJ), Swapping weapons are all done with the inside part of your index finger and firing weapon with middle finger.

Super uncomfortable, but there are some really good players like AEGabriel and Poshy that play that way.

ich00

I am on Xbox One. I have played around 1000 hours but my time became more scarce around the release of Taken King so by the time I was raid ready I kind of felt like an outcast because I had not done it yet. I did find a group once that made it up to Golgoroth but that was it. I would be very interested in a newbie Kings Fall raid for Xbox players. And I would be interested in getting to know more players in general for Rise of Iron.

We have a few spots open for a raid tomorrow night at 10pm est? or so if you want to join us.

Kalamari

Custom games weren't held back intentionally nor are or were ever easy to implement in any of their previous games. They were always at the bottom of the implementation queue because they have a lot of moving parts and also had to wait on the rest of the game to solidify to even know what there was to customize. There isn't an "anti customs" contingent in Bungie. If only they had been able to do what they wanted to do with Reach customs..

But isn't custom games just a simplified version of their test environment? I imagine the options for Destiny custom games will be far more simple compared to what we see in Halo. Since each guardian brings his own weapons, I imagine the options are game type, map, party size, time limit, score limit, and team selection. Not nearly as complex as Reach. Bungie has smart people, I doubt that creating a list of custom options was very difficult for them.

The reason I think customs were held back intentionally is because Destiny has a reputation for being short on content, constantly reusing existing assets to mask the lack of new and original content. It seems they are consistently giving the least amount of acceptable content in each DLC, milking their existing content as much as possible. I think customs made it into RoI because Bungie needed something big to fill in the gap, something big to satiate fans if Destiny 2 is delayed till 2018.

noomi

Just a friendly PSA ^_^

So... if you're like me you hate having to pop in that Destiny disc each time you want to play...

Well, you may be be in luck... maybe.....

Allow me to explain... I had originally purchased Vanilla Destiny, all the other content was digital (TDB, HoW, TTK). This led me to believe that in order to play all digital Destiny I would have to purchase everything on PSN from scratch.... NOPE!

Turns out I already own the digital version of Destiny since I pre-ordered TTK back in September. Apparently if you purchased certain versions of it, it came bundled with the digital version (wish I knew this a year ago)

You can check to see if you already own the digital version by logging into the Playstation Store and checking your download list... if you see Destiny there around the time you purchased TTK, then your all set.

These are the versions that included it: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

Also Download List From Browser:
Capture.PNG

Fathead

My son and I are on xbox. He just started last week. Leveling him up to do some raids. Would be happy to join some raids if anyone needs someone.

Would also love to have someone show me the trials ropes sometime.

My son and I are on xbox. He just started last week. Leveling him up to do some raids. Would be happy to join some raids if anyone needs someone.

Would also love to have someone show me the trials ropes sometime.

My XBL gt is HippoAvenger. Feel free to add me, let me know your gt, and I'll add you back!

• SUROS DIS-47 (Scout Rifle)
  • Omolon Thesan FR4 (Fusion Rifle)
  • Hakke Judith-D (Hand Cannon)
  • SUROS JLB-47 (Rocket Launcher)
  • SUROS JLB-42 (Rocket Launcher)
This week's ARMSDAY inventory. The SUROS scout is a good one. I've also heard good things about the Judith-D, but I've never used it.

Dave_6

[/list
    This week's ARMSDAY inventory. The SUROS scout is a good one. I've also heard good things about the Judith-D, but I've never used it.

• Thesan is one of the best fusions and the Judith can be really good with the right perks. Highest impact class of hand cannons.

NeOak

As Strider noted, the purpose of clawing is so that your right thumb is never off the aim stick. So basically anything that has to do with face buttons are done while aiming. Sliding, Reviving, Super (if you use BJ), Swapping weapons are all done with the inside part of your index finger and firing weapon with middle finger.

Super uncomfortable, but there are some really good players like AEGabriel and Poshy that play that way.

I've played Claw since Halo:CE on the OG Xbox.

Which is why I sometimes forget to use the paddles on the Elite controller.

Just a friendly PSA ^_^

So... if you're like me you hate having to pop in that Destiny disc each time you want to play...

Allow me to explain... I had originally purchased Vanilla Destiny, all the other content was digital (TDB, HoW, TTK). This led me to believe that in order to play all digital Destiny I would have to purchase everything on PSN from scratch.... NOPE!

Turns out I already own the digital version of Destiny since I pre-ordered TTK back in September. Apparently if you purchased certain versions of it, it came bundled with the digital version (wish I knew this a year ago)

You can check to see if you already own the digital version by logging into the Playstation Store and checking your download list... if you see Destiny there around the time you purchased TTK, then your all set.

These are the versions that included it: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

Oh shit. I think I got the $40 TTK upgrade :(

Will be running this several times this week. Partner is away for a few days and she sent me a message after reset demanding I not do it or not get bored of it before she gets back.

I'll be looking to do CoE tonight, if it doesn't violate your partner's demands, I'd appreciate help! Otherwise, I'm sure I'll have a chance before RoI launches.

GutZ31

That Scent of the Worm fragment with warlock jumps...*shudder*

Took me nearly an hour. >_<
There is a trick to it to make it less painful, but you have to be fairly daring.
You forget about the invisible platforms, and instead jump on the wall. There is a small ledge all the way to the worm chest you can barely stand on, but you can jump to and from it quickly all the way.

LTWood12

There is a trick to it to make it less painful, but you have to be fairly daring.
You forget about the invisible platforms, and instead jump on the wall. There is a small ledge all the way to the worm chest you can barely stand on, but you can jump to and from it quickly all the way.

i had T-44 login to my account to get it for me after failing at it for about an hour.

That Scent of the Worm fragment with warlock jumps...*shudder*

Took me nearly an hour. >_<

That one was hard for me as well. A random hunter sat there and jumped it with me for nearly 20 minutes not saying a thing just standing on the invisible stuff...

I get it, and I get a psn message with a smiley face.

People in Destiny are awesome.

Lnkn52

Just a friendly PSA ^_^

UGH WHERE WERE YOU A WEEK AGO

ForPOJQ.gif

EL CUCO

Just a friendly PSA ^_^

Have you gone to your console to see if it worked? I see it in my download list in the store but I'm at work. However, Destiny: TTK does say "Requires Destiny, separately" so idk :/

Hoodbury

If I buy the Taken King listed on the Sony store for $20, does that mean I'm all caught up? or wasn't there additional DLC for sale since then? Sorry been awhile since I've followed everything Destiny.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...king/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTAKENKING

I don't get what it means when it says it includes Expansion 1 and Expansion 2. Or what expansion number TTK is. Wasn't there a wolves expansion to buy too? And there is a new one coming out soon it looks like.

Confusing because Best Buy has a Taken King legendary edition that says something similar but is $30. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny...on-4/8241029.p?id=1219690433333&skuId=8241029

Is there a normal edition and a legendary edition that I need to worry about?

Fathead

I'm a fan of the scout rifle. Hallway shooting on Dungeons when someone throws smoke, the highlighted targets always gets me an extra kill or 2.

noomi

Have you gone to your console to see if it worked? I see it in my download list in the store but I'm at work. However, Destiny: TTK does say "Requires Destiny, separately" so idk :/

I'll know for certain in about an hour. I'll let you know...

The Playstation support guy I spoke to said I already had the digital version. I was actually going to do exactly what lnkn did...

Yup, I already asked for a refund of RoI DLC to purchase the Collector's Upgrade Edition.

:(

If I buy the Taken King listed on the Sony store for $20, does that mean I'm all caught up? or wasn't there additional DLC for sale since then? Sorry been awhile since I've followed everything Destiny.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...king/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTAKENKING

I don't get what it means when it says it includes Expansion 1 and Expansion 2. Or what expansion number TTK is. Wasn't there a wolves expansion to buy too? And there is a new one coming out soon it looks like.

Confusing because Best Buy has a Taken King legendary edition that says something similar but is $30. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny...on-4/8241029.p?id=1219690433333&skuId=8241029

Expansion 1 and 2 are the dark below and house of wolves. If you have the base game, this should be all you need to be caught up

Waiting for random warsats to fall from the sky is tedious and annoying. Any suggestions on the best way to track them?

I am following Destiny Event at the moment.

oSoLucky

I haven't played much since the first week of King's Fall Hard. After wiping on HM Oryx about 80 times because RL friends couldn't kill a Knight by themselves, I ragequit the game and realized that I have to stop playing with them. I'm just jumping back in after 10, 11 months and have a couple questions about Moments of Triumph.

Do I have to complete all 8 to get level 5?

I have 4 of them done, but still need: The Sword Logic, Return to the Reef, Challenge of the Elders, and Eris Morn's Revenge. Are any of those particularly difficult? I would imagine Oryx is farm mode by now, but I'm only 313 Light I think, do I need to be much higher?

When I left, there were only 47 Calcified Fragments located, are the other 3 from Challenge Mode KF bosses?

I just picked the game up on XB1 also, are Moments of Triumph shared with a Bungie account?

Thanks for any help and if anyone is just starting on XB1, maybe we can team up. I'll be playing quite a bit on PS4 to get everything done also.

Deku Tree

Man CoE gives some garbage mission rewards. Some blues and a purple engram (if your lucky) for end game is kinda pitiful. I think I got spoiled by Division's loot system. I need to get used to the weekly lockouts again :/

COE gives one purple weapon up to 335 LL for the high 30K score, and one armor up to 335 LL for the cumulative 90K points once a week.

For no lock out stuff you can frequently get the PoE exotic weapons up to 335 LL, and you run 3oC to get exotic engrams up to 335 LL.

Not so bad since CoE can usually be done in under 5 minutes. But yeah the rest of the CoE loot is trash at end game.

The good thing about Destiny is once you get a piece with the perks you like then you can keep it and infuse it up to maximum LL. You don't need to throw it away if it has low LL.

X-Frame

Yo Hood, I messaged you in our PSN chat, but if you are interested in the upcoming Rise of Iron expansion than you can get the Destiny Collection Upgrade for $39.99 which includes The Taken King and Rise of Iron.

And if you just want TTK now then yeah what you linked is correct and it includes Dark Below and House of Wolves which you already have.

oSoLucky

In addition to what others have said, Toys R Us has everything up to year 3(TTK LE) for $20 online and you could get Best Buy to price match.

Hoodbury

Yo Hood, I messaged you in our PSN chat, but if you are interested in the upcoming Rise of Iron expansion than you can get the Destiny Collection Upgrade for $39.99 which includes The Taken King and Rise of Iron.

And if you just want TTK now then yeah what you linked is correct and it includes Dark Below and House of Wolves which you already have.

How do I get that? It shows the Destiny collection for $59.99 on the Playstation store.

If I get that, do I have to wait until the Rise of Iron comes out to play the Taken King?

What do you mean I already have Dark Below and House of Wolves? How do I have those?

WizzNARD

If anyone wants/needs someone to do whatever later on XBO (raid, Coe, etc) please feel free to add me, Gamertag same as gaf name WizzNARD.

Getting back into the game after an extended break, so would love to boost my LL up from 313. Also might be a tad rusty.

Thanks!

GutZ31

I haven't played much since the first week of King's Fall Hard. After wiping on HM Oryx about 80 times because RL friends couldn't kill a Knight by themselves, I ragequit the game and realized that I have to stop playing with them. I'm just jumping back in after 10, 11 months and have a couple questions about Moments of Triumph.

Do I have to complete all 8 to get level 5?

I have 4 of them done, but still need: The Sword Logic, Return to the Reef, Challenge of the Elders, and Eris Morn's Revenge. Are any of those particularly difficult? I would imagine Oryx is farm mode by now, but I'm only 313 Light I think, do I need to be much higher?

When I left, there were only 47 Calcified Fragments located, are the other 3 from Challenge Mode KF bosses?

I just picked the game up on XB1 also, are Moments of Triumph shared with a Bungie account?

Thanks for any help and if anyone is just starting on XB1, maybe we can team up. I'll be playing quite a bit on PS4 to get everything done also.
First of all, welcome back.

As for moment of triumph, you will need to do everything.
This week is war priest challenge mode, so a relatively easy calcified fragment, but every week up to ROI you will need to do the challenge modes, as this is last chance to get all 50 if CM is the 3 left you are missing.
I think challenge of the elders is fairly easy this week, so that one should be possible.
Sword logic I believe is making one of the exotic swords if I'm not mistaken? That is a bitch no matter what you do. Read up on that one, it has some steps that are grindy, and one that has you wait a week.
Light level 313 is enough to go up against enemies at 320 light without them being way over powered, so you should be able to hold your own.

If you have any questions, feel free to check the first post in the thread for helpful information, or add me to PSN if you want some help.
GutZ31

Top Bottom