• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

darknil

Seems like buying it would still be a step backwards for me, like then I'd have 3 discs when I want 0. But if the only way to go completely digital is for me to buy something physical then I guess I may cancel my existing preorder

What I did is that I canceled my pre-order and ended up buying the Collection Upgrade that is $40, so I gave $10 more to get rid of my Vanilla disc.

One thing to notice is that I had to purchase the upgrade through the console, on web it told me I was not eligible for the purchase.

Here's the link for the upgrade on PSN.

After that, I uninstalled the version that was on my PS4, went to the Library and re-downloaded everything.

Finally!

Touch of Malice is mine, The Old Hunger is complete, and that's 100% of the Taken King trophies down too.

yqOfIvG.jpg

That boss fight was brutal, but it looks like a defender + sunsinger + Sleeper Simulant can beat just about anything. HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, this is a game that's literally impossible to 100% by yourself.

Only 3 Moments of Triumph left to go now.
Congratulations.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What I did is that I canceled my pre-order and ended up buying the Collection Upgrade that is $40, so I gave $10 more to get rid of my Vanilla disc.

One thing to notice is that I had to purchase the upgrade through the console, on web it told me I was not eligible for the purchase.

Here's the link for the upgrade on PSN.

After that, I uninstalled the version that was on my PS4, went to the Library and re-downloaded everything.
Thx. And to cancel your preorder you had to call Sony up on the phone, right?

Finally!

Touch of Malice is mine, The Old Hunger is complete, and that's 100% of the Taken King trophies down too.

yqOfIvG.jpg

That boss fight was brutal, but it looks like a defender + sunsinger + Sleeper Simulant can beat just about anything. HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, this is a game that's literally impossible to 100% by yourself.

Only 3 Moments of Triumph left to go now.

Awesome job man! Mine 100%s were not as glorious. My platinum happened during a Salvage match. Haha

darknil

Actually, no, I used their support chat which was quick and easy, here's the link, I told them that a better version was announced last week so that's why I wanted to cancel the pre-order and wanted the amount to be put on the psn wallet.

Tjamato88

I just used the live chat. Refunds aren't business as usual for Sony customer service so just be extra nice to the rep.

I got approved for my refund on Monday and saw the $29.99 for my ROI preorder in my PSN wallet that afternoon.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
In this meta of running full tilt at each other to slide shotgun or shoulder charge, fusion rifles are proving to be an amusing and somewhat reliable ally. So satisfying disintegrating idiot Titans sprinting straight at you or floaty warlocks trying to jump on you to shotgun you in the face.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, no, I used their support chat which was quick and easy, here's the link, I told them that a better version was announced last week so that's why I wanted to cancel the pre-order and wanted the amount to be put on the psn wallet.
At this moment, you are quite a distinguished gentleman or lady and a scholar. Thank you.

darthbob

I just chatted with "Soraya" at PS Chat Support, she told me no refund, then immediately ended chat. I can no longer chat with their support, takes me to this page:

TNUNmmW.png

This. Is bullshit.

EL CUCO

I just chatted with "Soraya" at PS Chat Support, she told me no refund, then immediately ended chat. I can no longer chat with their support, takes me to this page:

TNUNmmW.png

This. Is bullshit.
I immediately asked to speak to their boss and threatened to go to xbox if it wasn't resolved.

Worked for me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think I am going to give the Jolly Holiday quest another try. I just found out that The Last Word is a full auto hand cannon which should make things a whole lot easier. no wonder people with TLW during Iron Banner were killing me so fast.

I also read that you can play Mayhem clash and just get super kills and hide while your super recharges. It's kinda ingenious lol.

Any other tips?

darthbob

I immediately asked to speak to their boss and threatened to go to xbox if it wasn't resolved.

Worked for me ¯ _(ツ)_/¯

Dropped this (ツ)_/¯ \

Called their support, talked to John, he was able to refund the purchase to my wallet, and then I made the purchase with him on the phone. Pleasant experience, but fuuuuuuck that chat agent lol

GG guys...we got so close on War Priest CM. Just a sliver of health left for that guy a couple of times. I'm going to see if I can score a Black Spindle before tomorrow night.

Hoodbury

Here is the link, let me know if you don't see it for $39.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

And nope it says if you buy that Upgrade you can immediately start playing The Taken King and anything out currently right now, and you'd have Rise of Iron pre-ordered digitally.

The Dark Below was the Crota DLC which you have because you ran Crota's End with us and House of Wolves you also should have, I think, because I believe I saw House of Wolves gear on your Titan today.

Though even if you didn't have House of Wolves, this upgrade also gives it to you anyway.

Dammit, why didn't you post that sooner. heh, now I have to try and get a refund on TTK.

Ryck

Trying to finish my last quest (void sword quest) my buddy and I need one person to come into the Darkblade strike with us and help us complete the quest. Any takers?

Ryck007

You will have my eternal gratitude.

robo

Trying to finish my last quest (void sword quest) my buddy and I need one person to come into the Darkblade strike with us and help us complete the quest. Any takers?

Ryck007

You will have my eternal gratitude.

I need that quest and void as well

Axoman

Ha... ha ha ha... that was a rough one.

41x flawless but I'm definitely having a harder time now than before. I plan to put down Overwatch and dedicate my time to Destiny come RoI. If I feel like I'm winning enough to carry/help other people again I'll definitely try. Sorry we didn't get it to work out that weekend.

It was a weird weekend.

All the elite must have been playing that Friday night as we just couldn't get past 5 wins during our multiple attempts.

On Saturday night, I played with a friend's son and his buddy just trying for 7 wins and we made it to Mercury.

Then Sunday night I played again with two other gaffers trying for seven wins and cruised to 8 wins before losing two really laggy matches.

Of the teams I played with that weekend, I'd say the strongest was you and your friends, but we just couldn't get it done.

darthbob

I am 313 trying to grind up but don't know how. I guess the raid and challenge of prison of elders is the go to way?

When I was hovering ~310, Iron Banner and Strike grinding was what got me up to 330. If you get a Vanguard rep booster, pop one of those with 2 other buddies in your Fireteam and spend the next 2 hours running strikes. You'll probably get a couple strike uniques which can drop up to 335, but since you're 313 it'll drop about 5 levels higher than what you currently are.

3 of Coins helps too as Exotics decrypt higher than your current LL as well.

TheFlow

Banned
When I was hovering ~310, Iron Banner and Strike grinding was what got me up to 330. If you get a Vanguard rep booster, pop one of those with 2 other buddies in your Fireteam and spend the next 2 hours running strikes. You'll probably get a couple strike uniques which can drop up to 335, but since you're 313 it'll drop about 5 levels higher than what you currently are.

3 of Coins helps too as Exotics decrypt higher than your current LL as well.
I have been doing the 3 of coins trick and I keep getting exotic sniper rifles. But the strike stuff definitely works it just that they are such grind due to the same strikes being used

EL CUCO

Dropped this (ツ)_/¯

Called their support, talked to John, he was able to refund the purchase to my wallet, and then I made the purchase with him on the phone. Pleasant experience, but fuuuuuuck that chat agent lol
Lol thanks for the arm

glad you got it taken care of.

Hoodbury

Haha sorry man I posted on our PSN chat at like 9 AM today, figured you saw it.

Hmm, just did a chat with Sony and they refunded me, but now when I click the preorder button for what you linked me it says "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content".

Do you need TTK before you can preorder that for that price? the link was working before they refunded TTK.

Anyone on Xbox up for farming imago loops in the next hour or so?

Msg my GT irrotational on Xbox. I can bring a titan or warlock. Can die on command :)

jgHA50UkErljsRAu97XzZYrRcg3eAE0qTHdpxqCWfcd2dn9x1eDkblhVoXVWfxTTJTsF=w300

Discord is a chat app. It's super simple. You can use it through a web browser here: https://discordapp.com/ or download the app to your phone.

It's an easy way to keep in touch, and we hope to get more Xbox players on Destiny to join up here: https://discord.gg/UJVAa

Joined up on the Xbox DGAF Discord. Looking forward to Rise of Iron!

We also have a discord for all of DestinyGAF that includes both xboxers and ps4ers if yall want; Just send me a msg for invite.

darthbob

We also have a discord for all of DestinyGAF that includes both xboxers and ps4ers if yall want; Just send me a msg for invite.

Ayyyyy, can I get an invite?

Lol thanks for the arm

glad you got it taken care of.

np. Now I can go discless!

I have been doing the 3 of coins trick and I keep getting exotic sniper rifles. But the strike stuff definitely works it just that they are such grind due to the same strikes being used

It definitely gets grindy, especially when it's the freaking Undying Mind 4 times in a row... but you gotta just stick with it. When IB rolls around it's usually raining loot, so that's also a good place to grind up.

X-Frame

Hmm, just did a chat with Sony and they refunded me, but now when I click the preorder button for what you linked me it says "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content".

Do you need TTK before you can preorder that for that price? the link was working before they refunded TTK.

Thought I read above on this page or the previous one that they needed to buy it from the console and not online. Can you try when you get home?

Great thing you got refunded too!

darthbob

This happened to me too. I loaded up an Incognito window and signed into the PS Store and was able to pre-order it.

Hoodbury

This happened to me too. I loaded up an Incognito window and signed into the PS Store and was able to pre-order it.

But do you have TTK already?

Tried that and it has a "Tell me More" button where the pre-order one should be and when I click that it says I can't because I don't have TTK.

darthbob

But do you have TTK already?

Tried that and it has a "Tell me More" button where the pre-order one should be and when I click that it says I can't because I don't have TTK.

Yes, I purchased TTK as a standalone $40 DLC last September as I already owned Destiny and TDB + HOW.

The Destiny Collection as itself doesn't allow me to pre-order, but I could pre-order the Upgrade version: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

Top Bottom