• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

If anyone wants/needs someone to do whatever later on XBO (raid, Coe, etc) please feel free to add me, Gamertag same as gaf name WizzNARD.

Getting back into the game after an extended break, so would love to boost my LL up from 313. Also might be a tad rusty.

Thanks!

My gt on XBL is HippoAvenger. Going to try and run CoE later if you're available, around 7iah MDT.

SpecX

"Now he belongs to the ages..."
YU5sWQ0h.jpg

Fuck, this is the most active I've seen this thread in the longest, but it still feels empty without him ;_;

oSoLucky

First of all, welcome back.

As for moment of triumph, you will need to do everything.
This week is war priest challenge mode, so a relatively easy calcified fragment, but every week up to ROI you will need to do the challenge modes, as this is last chance to get all 50 if CM is the 3 left you are missing.
I think challenge of the elders is fairly easy this week, so that one should be possible.
Sword logic I believe is making one of the exotic swords if I'm not mistaken? That is a bitch no matter what you do. Read up on that one, it has some steps that are grindy, and one that has you wait a week.
Light level 313 is enough to go up against enemies at 320 light without them being way over powered, so you should be able to hold your own.

If you have any questions, feel free to check the first post in the thread for helpful information, or add me to PSN if you want some help.
GutZ31

I got all 3 swords already. The Sword Logic is HM Oryx kill. Thanks for the info also. I guess I'd better start finding some groups here to get CoE and KF runs done ASAP.

EL CUCO

COE gives one purple weapon up to 335 LL for the high 30K score, and one armor up to 335 LL for the cumulative 90K points once a week.

For no lock out stuff you can frequently get the PoE exotic weapons up to 335 LL, and you run 3oC to get exotic engrams up to 335 LL.

Not so bad since CoE can usually be done in under 5 minutes. But yeah the rest of the CoE loot is trash at end game.

The good thing about Destiny is once you get a piece with the perks you like then you can keep it and infuse it up to maximum LL. You don't need to throw it away if it has low LL.
Thanks, Deku. So just to make sure I understand, CoE is farmable for "up to" 335 LL gear, regardless if you already collected the weekly rewards? I guess they drop from the actual boss?

And yeah I do like how the Infusion works now 👍

Comms

Neo Member
Does anyone fancy doing a hard kings fall? or have room for a spare in any raid? I just fancy chilling and maybe helping out if anyone needs it.

PSN: Comms_12389

Thanks.

FyreWulff

But isn't custom games just a simplified version of their test environment?

It's actually more complicated

I imagine the options for Destiny custom games will be far more simple compared to what we see in Halo. Since each guardian brings his own weapons, I imagine the options are game type, map, party size, time limit, score limit, and team selection. Not nearly as complex as Reach. Bungie has smart people, I doubt that creating a list of custom options was very difficult for them.

They plan on building the customs options out over time. Think of this as the first stable release, the foundation to build out future options on top of.

The reason I think customs were held back intentionally is because Destiny has a reputation for being short on content, constantly reusing existing assets to mask the lack of new and original content. It seems they are consistently giving the least amount of acceptable content in each DLC, milking their existing content as much as possible. I think customs made it into RoI because Bungie needed something big to fill in the gap, something big to satiate fans if Destiny 2 is delayed till 2018.

They weren't held back intentionally. They just finally were able to get them on the schedule.

Like I said before, if they had their way, Reach customs would have been more than just changing settings. They wanted to make it so you could write the game scripts on your own and hand Reach over to the community after they released it. Bungie is pro-customs, but the reality of game development means that customs had to wait behind other things to get into the development queue (and as far as I'm aware, it's a whole new PvP gametype engine, so they didn't have the benefit of existing Reach code).

Also, just so you know, customs are available to everyone regardless of expansion ownership. The only thing non-expansion owners can't play in customs is the RoI maps and the RoI gametype. So it's not gated behind RoI, specifically, it's actually a free update for everyone on current gen.

ich00

If anyone wants/needs someone to do whatever later on XBO (raid, Coe, etc) please feel free to add me, Gamertag same as gaf name WizzNARD.

Getting back into the game after an extended break, so would love to boost my LL up from 313. Also might be a tad rusty.

Thanks!

Just shot you an add. Shoot me an invite if you see me online and want to kill things, I'm normally just doin bounties or something dumb.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just a friendly PSA ^_^

So... if you're like me you hate having to pop in that Destiny disc each time you want to play...

Well, you may be be in luck... maybe.....

Allow me to explain... I had originally purchased Vanilla Destiny, all the other content was digital (TDB, HoW, TTK). This led me to believe that in order to play all digital Destiny I would have to purchase everything on PSN from scratch.... NOPE!

Turns out I already own the digital version of Destiny since I pre-ordered TTK back in September. Apparently if you purchased certain versions of it, it came bundled with the digital version (wish I knew this a year ago)

You can check to see if you already own the digital version by logging into the Playstation Store and checking your download list... if you see Destiny there around the time you purchased TTK, then your all set.

These are the versions that included it: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

Also Download List From Browser:

Eh?
It doesn't appear to be on my download list, but I did buy a physical copy of the Taken King Legendary Edition.

Thanks, Deku. So just to make sure I understand, CoE is farmable for "up to" 335 LL gear, regardless if you already collected the weekly rewards? I guess they drop from the actual boss?

And yeah I do like how the Infusion works now 👍

Yeah, you can get up to 335 gear and weapons as mission complete rewards. I'm not sure of the loot table, but I was able to get 2 Dreg's Promise, a Keepers Bond & Ghost Shell. They were all at 335, too. That's not counting what you'd get if you were to use a 3 of Coins.

Haybro

So I finally had a longbow drop. It has shortgaze, army of one, snapshot, and spray and play.

Any chance it can compete with my quest 1k yard, or is it garbage?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

And yeah I do like how the Infusion works now ��

no not at the boss, and not even at the rewards screen. they have a small chance to drop AFTER you leave the rewards screen.

i dont have hard numbers but i ran CoE 20 times a few weeks ago to get a 335 class item and i'd say the drop rate for a 335 item is 1 in 5. And most of the times it's going to be a ghost.

your best bet is to run it with multiple characters and complete three cards for 6 guaranteed items. it's also a good place to farm exotics which are the best way to get to LL335 without running the Raids.

Waiting for random warsats to fall from the sky is tedious and annoying. Any suggestions on the best way to track them?

I am following Destiny Event at the moment.

lol i remember doing this last year. spent hours and hours waiting on Mars for the final warsat to drop but it was something else every time. one of the most frustrating things ive ever done in Destiny.

robo

Cm warpriest ps4 UK 21:00 approx

1. Gulfwarvet
2. My nipper who has the cp
3. Thaennon
4. Agent of atlus

I will try and get the cp on all three of my guardians so I can get the run three times so maybe others can join the other runs.

I've mot done this cm yet do will need help by the way 😂

Got the cm checkpoint on all characters.

Doing my warlock to get the fragments. Got space for two if atlus and Thaennon still want the slots.

Can save the other runs for tomorrow night or Friday /weekend if people need the fragments.

Deku Tree

And yeah I do like how the Infusion works now ��

You can get a PoE exotic weapon, or a class item, or a ghost shell randomly from the CoE reward screen, or sometimes you get it when you return to orbit without seeing it on the reward screen (not sure if they fixed that). Those things drop quite frequently, but not every time. Those can drop from 1-6 LL above your current LL on the gear you are wearing. That's what "up to 335" means in Destiny. So you always want to be wearing your max LL gear when you complete the last round of CoE or when you do a faction rank up etc.

Randomly though if you are LL 335 stuff can have a 50% chance to drop at 334 LL (lol Bungle).

Actually playing IB last week was a great way to level up your LL because you get a lot of drops after matches and they dropped "up to 335".

EDIT: oh also 3oC exotic engrams drop from the boss if you get one. Those are nice because they decode up to 335 so even if you don't want what you get then you can use it to raise your LL.

Which Finala's Peril should I keep (for use in PvP)?

I have the vendor roll which of course had outlaw, reactive reload, and steadyhand/fastdraw/quickdraw and hand loaded/smallbore/rifled barrel.

I also got a nice roll with rangefinder, third eye, and truesight/fastdraw/quickdraw and extended mag/smallbore/feather mag.

Also which column perks should I pick for either?

LTWood12

Which Finala's Peril should I keep (for use in PvP)?

I have the vendor roll which of course had outlaw, reactive reload, and steadyhand/fastdraw/quickdraw and hand loaded/smallbore/rifled barrel.

I also got a nice roll with rangefinder, third eye, and truesight/fastdraw/quickdraw and extended mag/smallbore/feather mag.

Also which column perks should I pick for either?

You want rifled barrel for max range, so the first one if you're only going to keep one.

Doing my warlock to get the fragments. Got space for two if atlus and Thaennon still want the slots.

Can save the other runs for tomorrow night or Friday /weekend if people need the fragments.

I'm available, with one other person if you want to go now.

PSNs:

Agent_Of_Atlas
Taistelumurmeli

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AT&T broke my internet and then fixed it... yay

I preordered the Collector's edition of TTK, which I noted came with a Destiny disc. Now I have two Destiny discs. I bet I have 0 digital Destinys.

LTWood12

AT&T broke my internet and then fixed it... yay

I preordered the Collector's edition of TTK, which I noted came with a Destiny disc. Now I have two Destiny discs. I bet I have 0 digital Destinys.

A hawk in the hand is better than two destiny discs in the bush.

Lee

Are you going to start doing some Xbox trials carries? :)

Don't know if you want to relive that Doctrine weekend or not!

Ha... ha ha ha... that was a rough one.

41x flawless but I'm definitely having a harder time now than before. I plan to put down Overwatch and dedicate my time to Destiny come RoI. If I feel like I'm winning enough to carry/help other people again I'll definitely try. Sorry we didn't get it to work out that weekend.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All this talk about an Xbox discord.. Any PS4 discord groups associated with the DGAF?
Errrr uhhh other than the main DestinyGAF discord, or do you need an invite to that?

I mean, fair warning it is mostly pictures of deep-sea creatures and lewd etymologies.

Kalamari

All this talk about an Xbox discord.. Any PS4 discord groups associated with the DGAF?

There is a Destiny Discord that has mostly ps4 players, I am not a member so I don't know a whole lot about it ( I prefer forum interaction, it keeps the forum alive). Maybe someone from the Discord can send you a pm with a link?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, Destiny the Collection edition. $60 for the physical release of Vanilla/TDB/HoW/TTK and ROI

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K63R7HY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Lol! Okay, I think I'm getting it, so buying that physical collection gets you digital access to everything including RoI? XD

Seems like buying it would still be a step backwards for me, like then I'd have 3 discs when I want 0. But if the only way to go completely digital is for me to buy something physical then I guess I may cancel my existing preorder
There is a Destiny Discord that has mostly ps4 players, I am not a member so I don't know a whole lot about it ( I prefer forum interaction, it keeps the forum alive). Maybe someone from the Discord can send you a pm with a link?
If I may, the DestinyGAF discord is largely useless for things actually relating to Destiny.

C"MON, don't play the old card. I'm in my 40's, Tyler is too and we knew about it.
But I can't help that I'm old, so it wouldn't be my fault. I don't want to face the possibility that I'm just too lame to know about Discord. I'm 32 btw

In fact, I'm so old I don't even know who Tyler is!

ocean

Banned
A 35/25 Ghost and a 35/25 Class Item for each Class for each distribution (Int/Dis, Dis/Str, Int/Str) is my new hunt. That's 18 pieces. Ugh. Or 12 if I'm willing to go nuts swapping Ghosts around.

So far, I have a perfect Dis/Str Cloak (Strength of the Pack on sale this week) and an perfect but ugly New Monarchy Int/Dis Cloak. So that's 2/18 pieces down. This might take a while...

It'll be worth it though. A 35/25 Cloak + a 35/25 Class item is 120 stat points - 2 Tiers out of the elusive 12, right there.

Lee

Xbone raid group for Thursday at 8pm MDT. A couple more spots are open. Let me know if you sign up and can't make it and we'll find alternates. The plan right now is normal King's Fall, maybe bumped to heroic based on experience.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Triplike
3. ich00
4. Oblivionmancer
5. akileese

Feel free to sign up as a backup too. It's a late start so people might not make it.

X-Frame

How do I get that? It shows the Destiny collection for $59.99 on the Playstation store.

If I get that, do I have to wait until the Rise of Iron comes out to play the Taken King?

What do you mean I already have Dark Below and House of Wolves? How do I have those?

Here is the link, let me know if you don't see it for $39.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

And nope it says if you buy that Upgrade you can immediately start playing The Taken King and anything out currently right now, and you'd have Rise of Iron pre-ordered digitally.

The Dark Below was the Crota DLC which you have because you ran Crota's End with us and House of Wolves you also should have, I think, because I believe I saw House of Wolves gear on your Titan today.

Though even if you didn't have House of Wolves, this upgrade also gives it to you anyway.

C"MON, don't play the old card. I'm in my 40's, Tyler is too and we knew about it.

Fine - after party chat came to PS4, I stopped relying on services like Skype or Discord. But Discord is pretty interesting so I installed it on my computer. It also uses an overlay on certain PC games. Makes it easy to use.

ori0n378e

I haven't played much since the first week of King's Fall Hard. After wiping on HM Oryx about 80 times because RL friends couldn't kill a Knight by themselves, I ragequit the game and realized that I have to stop playing with them. I'm just jumping back in after 10, 11 months and have a couple questions about Moments of Triumph.

Do I have to complete all 8 to get level 5?

I have 4 of them done, but still need: The Sword Logic, Return to the Reef, Challenge of the Elders, and Eris Morn's Revenge. Are any of those particularly difficult? I would imagine Oryx is farm mode by now, but I'm only 313 Light I think, do I need to be much higher?

When I left, there were only 47 Calcified Fragments located, are the other 3 from Challenge Mode KF bosses?

I just picked the game up on XB1 also, are Moments of Triumph shared with a Bungie account?

Thanks for any help and if anyone is just starting on XB1, maybe we can team up. I'll be playing quite a bit on PS4 to get everything done also.

First of all, welcome back.

As for moment of triumph, you will need to do everything.
This week is war priest challenge mode, so a relatively easy calcified fragment, but every week up to ROI you will need to do the challenge modes, as this is last chance to get all 50 if CM is the 3 left you are missing.
I think challenge of the elders is fairly easy this week, so that one should be possible.
Sword logic I believe is making one of the exotic swords if I'm not mistaken? That is a bitch no matter what you do. Read up on that one, it has some steps that are grindy, and one that has you wait a week.
Light level 313 is enough to go up against enemies at 320 light without them being way over powered, so you should be able to hold your own.

If you have any questions, feel free to check the first post in the thread for helpful information, or add me to PSN if you want some help.
GutZ31
I need all these too, so maybe we can get together and get it done. I'll PM you when I get home tonight.

noomi

Just got home and started my digital destiny download, popped that disc out right away and gave it the look of *I'm done with you*

Eh?
It doesn't appear to be on my download list, but I did buy a physical copy of the Taken King Legendary Edition.

You would have had to purchase digital taken king legendary or above.

ori0n378e

Could I get that checkpoint from you for MoT? At work for the next two hours though.

oSoLucky

Need one for Nightfall or Chalenge of Elders. Anyone?

I'm rusty as hell and I haven't done CoE before but I'm down for either. I was going to try to find people for one of the two in a bit anyway.

My light is kinda low though if that doesn't matter.

Finally!

Touch of Malice is mine, The Old Hunger is complete, and that's 100% of the Taken King trophies down too.

yqOfIvG.jpg

That boss fight was brutal, but it looks like a defender + sunsinger + Sleeper Simulant can beat just about anything. HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, this is a game that's literally impossible to 100% by yourself.

Only 3 Moments of Triumph left to go now.

Top Bottom