• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

noomi

Hawkian not sure if you saw my post on the previous page, but make sure you dont already own digital destiny.

I was about to got through all the same steps as you guys and the support guy told me I already owned the digital game :eek:

Some TTK editions had it included apparantly, check your download list on the web around the time you bought TTK... Just incase.

JJShadow

Some random questions:

- If I start a raid with one group, can I quit after a checkpoint and resume from that CP with another group?
- I'm doing the TKK quests in hard mode just to make them more challenging, but is there any real benefit in terms of better drops from enemies?
- What's the best way to get good artifact drops? I'm currently LL 281 but I'm still using the 200 Light artifact I was given when I reached level 40, it's the only piece of gear that is holding me back a little bit

TheFlow

Banned
Some random questions:

- If I start a raid with one group, can I quit after a checkpoint and resume from that CP with another group?
- I'm doing the TKK quests in hard mode just to make them more challenging, but is there any real benefit in terms of better drops from enemies?
- What's the best way to get good artifact drops? I'm currently LL 281 but I'm still using the 200 Light artifact I was given when I reached level 40, it's the only piece of gear that is holding me back a little bit
I know for sure that doing court of oryx can rain you a lot of artifact drops

Ayyyyy, can I get an invite?

np. Now I can go discless!

It definitely gets grindy, especially when it's the freaking Undying Mind 4 times in a row... but you gotta just stick with it. When IB rolls around it's usually raining loot, so that's also a good place to grind up.

Check your pm

Hoodbury

Yes, I purchased TTK as a standalone $40 DLC last September as I already owned Destiny and TDB + HOW.

The Destiny Collection as itself doesn't allow me to pre-order, but I could pre-order the Upgrade version: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

Ok ya, I never bought TTK, I just have the original Destiny game.

I'll give X's idea of trying on my PS4 and see if that works. Otherwise I think I need to buy TTK first for some reason.

darthbob

I'll give X's idea of trying on my PS4 and see if that works. Otherwise I think I need to buy TTK first for some reason.

According to Bungie, the Destiny Collection upgrade is available only to those players who have TTK on last-gen consoles. Obviously, it's generationally agnostic (for some reason), PS4 or PS3, doesn't matter. But, the account needs to own that TTK license.

For a player like yourself without TTK, the Collection itself would be the route to go with rather than the upgrade.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some random questions:

ya-huh
More XP; I believe that's it, not regarding drops
Court of Oryx

Some random questions:

Yes you can. Everyone in the team gets the checkpoint.

You get bit more experience, that's all.

The quests given by Eris can get you artifacts upto 320, also court of oryx tier 3 runes can drop artifacts upto 335 (depending on your current LL). Random armor engrams can also decrypt into artifacts.

X-Frame

According to Bungie, the Destiny Collection upgrade is available only to those players who have TTK on last-gen consoles. Obviously, it's generationally agnostic (for some reason), PS4 or PS3, doesn't matter. But, the account needs to own that TTK license.

For a player like yourself without TTK, the Collection itself would be the route to go with rather than the upgrade.

Interesting. So he needs to then buy the $60 full Collection version to get TTK and Rise of Iron?

On the plus side it should give you digital licenses for everything Hood.

ori0n378e

Well, MoT is out for me. "This is Amazing" is definitely not going to get done in 3 weeks. Oh well. Will still help with calcified fragments on the raid though if people need it and I'm available.

Ryck

Well, MoT is out for me. "This is Amazing" is definitely not going to get done in 3 weeks. Oh well. Will still help with calcified fragments on the raid though if people need it and I'm available.
"This is amazing" took me about 3 weeks from start to finish and I am not a big pvp fan so I was only doing it here and there for those 3 weeks.

"Just what the doctor ordered!"

MAcy0ZW.jpg

STORY TIME!

Setting: It was my second time with Igor and Drizz in Trials of Osiris. I believe the setting was Asylum round 4. We were up by 3 wins and just storming the other team. Drizz just got his super and told Igor and me to hang back and crouch for radar pressure.

Light_Knight: "Radar pressure? What?"
Igor: "Stay crouched and behind cover near them"
Drizz: "Almost there"

Igor demonstrated and explained that we just have to fool the enemy team into thinking we were approaching. We stayed behind cover while Drizz snuck around from behind.

Drizz: "Let's go!"

That's when we heard "push push!", Drizz popped his super and we collapsed on the opposing team with a 3 pronged attack, terrifying our foes. They didn't stand a chance as our beloved Bladedancer spliced though our enemies.

Drizz: "Good shit Light, good shit Igor"

Light_Knight: "Wow... I didn't even know that was possible"

Special thank you to Xplicit for providing a picture of Drizz's trials armour load out, took me a while to draw it out.

Just wanna say this was a great post about Drizz and your drawing is awesome. I'll have to take note of this "Radar pressure" concept for future reference.

ori0n378e

"This is amazing" took me about 3 weeks from start to finish and I am not a big pvp fan so I was only doing it here and there for those 3 weeks.
Yeah, but that's not all I need. I need everything but two things in the MoT. I'm only on "Kills with Active Runner" so... Also, now I don't have to stress about getting it ALL done now... ;p

Ryck

Yeah, but that's not all I need. I need everything but two things in the MoT. I'm only on "Kills with Active Runner" so... Also, now I don't have to stress about getting it ALL done now... ;p
Oh damn, well that's different then. I only had "This is Amazing" to complete.

Just a friendly PSA ^_^

So... if you're like me you hate having to pop in that Destiny disc each time you want to play...

Well, you may be be in luck... maybe.....

Allow me to explain... I had originally purchased Vanilla Destiny, all the other content was digital (TDB, HoW, TTK). This led me to believe that in order to play all digital Destiny I would have to purchase everything on PSN from scratch.... NOPE!

Turns out I already own the digital version of Destiny since I pre-ordered TTK back in September. Apparently if you purchased certain versions of it, it came bundled with the digital version (wish I knew this a year ago)

You can check to see if you already own the digital version by logging into the Playstation Store and checking your download list... if you see Destiny there around the time you purchased TTK, then your all set.

These are the versions that included it: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

Also Download List From Browser:

Huh, I purchased the digital collectors edition and don't seem to have the option to download it digitally. Oh well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Currently one spot left. The Dan spot. Since he's too busy building his own Destiny tower in minecraft it's up for grabs.

vid

Anyone available to team up for the sword strike? I've been running it with randoms, but they all seem to be focused exclusively on beating the boss at all costs, instead of both baddies within thirty seconds.

Glad that the sword quests are almost over.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You guys might want to hide that discord link
Also there's no reason to have a PS4 specific discord since we're definitely not in the minority.

Dynasty8

So I recently got back into the action in preparation for Rise of Iron.

Something I've wanted to do for a while was The Crota Raid. I did the Vault of Glass during year one multiple times and have done King's Fall a few times as well.

Do you guys still help out with older Raids?

Hoodbury

Interesting. So he needs to then buy the $60 full Collection version to get TTK and Rise of Iron?

On the plus side it should give you digital licenses for everything Hood.

Well it's $20 for TTK and $30 for Rise of Iron. So I might as well pay $50 for those two instead of $60 for everything.

WipedOut

You guys might want to hide that discord link
Also there's no reason to have a PS4 specific discord since we're definitely not in the minority.
Why is there even a seperate Xbox DGAF discord? One love man. The one we have up now can serve both. Unite the consoles.

Ryck

Well it's $20 for TTK and $30 for Rise of Iron. So I might as well pay $50 for those two instead of $60 for everything.
I think you can just get the upgrade version of the collection on the cheap for like $40.

Side question, I did this on Ps4 but I also got a Xbox on tuesday ( Halo collection bundle slim ftw) Thinking about picking it up on Xbox as well just make one character to play with some of my xb only friends. But I didn't see the upgrade option in the xbox store.

Is that a sony only thing or what?

Also can someone hook me up with the discord info, I would like to join?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I recently got back into the action in preparation for Rise of Iron.

Something I've wanted to do for a while was The Crota Raid. I did the Vault of Glass during year one multiple times and have done King's Fall a few times as well.

Do you guys still help out with older Raids?
Ordinarily, I rotate between the 3 raids each week for a Newbie Raid. However in the lead up to Rise of Iron I'm just doing King's Fall for those since a number of people still want to get it done for the first time.

Crota's End is super fast, though, and I'd be happy to run it sometime regardless.

EL CUCO

So I bought the digital collection upgrade. Am I supposed to delete my current PS4 Destiny app to download the digital version, or is there another way around having to download everything from scratch again?

Ryck

So I bought the digital collection upgrade. Am I supposed to delete my current PS4 Destiny app to download the digital version, or is there another way around having to download everything from scratch again?
I deleted the App from the main game launch area as well as the application data. I think you only need to delete the launch area app and not the app data in the storage area.

My buddy did the former and only had to dl 16gb as opposed to the 30+ I had to DL.

EL CUCO

I deleted the App from the main game launch area as well as the application data. I think you only need to delete the launch area app and not the app data in the storage area.

My buddy did the former and only had to dl 16gb as opposed to the 30+ I had to DL.
I just did what your friend did. Currently downloading 19.7GB so I guess it worked.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Anyone available to team up for the sword strike? I've been running it with randoms, but they all seem to be focused exclusively on beating the boss at all costs, instead of both baddies within thirty seconds.

Glad that the sword quests are almost over.
We have to stop meeting like this!

I'll help, of course. We would need a third, though, to ensure zero botches.

Would anyone mind?

Top Bottom