• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

0 - 2 against Murdaro now

Drizz, Igor, and I took him to 3-5

I made mistakes in early rounds that cost us the overall win.

On the plus side we came back strong and beat the 2nd final boss

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL most amazing rift game

I load and go STRAIGHT to the reward screen. We won, apparently. LOL

ocean

Banned
0 - 2 against Murdaro now

Drizz, Igor, and I took him to 3-5

I made mistakes in early rounds that cost us the overall win.

On the plus side we came back strong and beat the 2nd final boss
Lumi and Murdaro are super hard to play against because their style is so damn aggressive that it sort of breaks the mold of what you're used to in Trials. It's an instant push and they spend very little time in one spot "scouting the area" as most players do in Elimination. They just romp forward and catch most people off guard.

Lumi and Murdaro are super hard to play against because their style is so damn aggressive that it sort of breaks the mold of what you're used to in Trials. It's an instant push and they spend very little time in one spot "scouting the area" as most players do in Elimination. They just romp forward and catch most people off guard.

I once got paired against Lumi and 2 of his buddies, and we got wrecked because like you said they just pushed 110% every round and all 3 spammed firebolts the whole time, making it super easy for them to clean us up.

ocean

Banned
I need to run 10 Heroic Strikes for a FWC Exotic Cloak.

Then again, I'd rather starve than play a strike.

I'll never get this cloak :( So much cool stuff in this game is gated behind PvE, it's a shame considering shooters are generally multiplayer focused games.

I'll never get this cloak :( So much cool stuff in this game is gated behind PvE, it's a shame considering shooters are generally multiplayer focused games.

You could just do the nightfall 10 times, it counts :p

Ape said he wanted to run some strikes for an exotic class item tonight fyi.

Lol ran into Dunk7 on Skirmish randomly.

Testing out my party crasher even though I don't shotgun. Feels sooo foreign.

EDIT: fuck shotgunning. Going back to sniper.

EDIT2: GG's Dunk. I was a lot better with sniper :p

He's running them now, but how do they actually work? I've been mainly doing the challenge and the couple of heroics every week.

The exotic class items are rewards for quests that you get once one of your characters reaches rank 25 with one of the three factions (e.g. Dead Orbit rank 25). You have to wear a faction shader, emblem and class item then win 10 crucible matches, get a bunch of kills in crucible, and then complete 10 heroic strikes. After that's all done you get a fancy exotic class item but you can only wear it if you're still pledged to that faction.

They aren't anything special though. They give bonus rep earnings for that faction, and they give your character a special spawn animation (different one for each faction). But that's it really.

Here is a hilarious 1v3 that i had today mostly just because of how fucking close to death i was and that guy just would not bust out a primary to finish me off. Look at that titan just trying to hardscope everything lol (DRIZZZ!!!)

https://youtu.be/bKcwnUAGBzo

great googly moogly that team was terrible FailFish

Drizz Strat #23: GET OUT OF YOUR SCOPE AND PRIMARY!

I am back sexy lads!

Anyone up to brief me of all the new things since chammenge mode in Oryx?

Welcome back Blue Foliage!

Quite a lot has changed and you should go through the multiple patch notes on bungie.net to catch up as there were a lot of changes. Weapon balancing (nerfs) and changes to infusion (1:1) are the two major ones.

Raybunny

Welcome back Blue Foliage!

Quite a lot has changed and you should go through the multiple patch notes on bungie.net to catch up as there were a lot of changes. Weapon balancing (nerfs) and changes to infusion (1:1) are the two major ones.

Doing it. A lot is changed. I like it.

Edit: RANK 9 BLUE FOLIAGE HYPU!

Daemul

Playing super aggressively as a team has honestly always been the best way to play trials, it's the same tactic my trials buddies and I have always used since so many teams just snipe all the time, and if you push them instantly they fall apart because they have nothing to really counter you with. Back in Y1 TLW and Thorn could have helped you out somewhat against that sort of team, but in Y2 lol good luck.

EDIT:RIP DGAF OT. It's a Saturday and they've only been 3 posts in 2.5 hours.

Magik

Playing super aggressively as a team has honestly always been the best way to play trials, it's the same tactic my trials buddies and I have always used since so many teams just snipe all the time, and if you push them instantly they fall apart because they have nothing to really counter you with. Back in Y1 TLW and Thorn could have helped you out somewhat against that sort of team, but in Y2 lol good luck.

DGAF is going to be super dead till the next event/content drop. There's nothing to keep people interested in the game. I had to resort to using LFG to do the raid this week :(

Yeah if 3 people are on the same page and rush down well together thats a super strong strategy in trials. We lost to Murdaro even though he was carrying but he coached his teammates well because they were all using shotguns and pushing with him.

Arrrammis

There's still quite a few people using the discord chat. Personally, Discord is just way more mobile friendly than NeoGaf, but I still check back here every once in a while.

Top Bottom