• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

X-Frame

Do Trials Gold bounties really give exotics? I've never gotten one unless it went to postmater and I didn't realize it. Definitely gotten a few exotics from silver bounties and from Lighthouse chest but that's it.

Actually I think that is wrong and someone gave the creator of that picture incorrect information.

Iceman829

I doubt anyone is playing on xbox especially right now, but I would run some trials if anyone wants to. Been jumping between games while I listen to this all day webinar

zewone

Do Trials Gold bounties really give exotics? I've never gotten one unless it went to postmater and I didn't realize it. Definitely gotten a few exotics from silver bounties and from Lighthouse chest but that's it.

Actually I think that is wrong and someone gave the creator of that picture incorrect information.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the fact that the Gold tier can give you a 335 item and that the Silver tier (Exotic only) can as well.

I don't think it's saying that exotics can drop from Gold.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the fact that the Gold tier can give you a 335 item and that the Silver tier (Exotic only) can as well.

Gold bounty will only go up to 330, 5 and 7 wins will drop up to 335

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, but Merhman definitely got it in Y2. Can you confirm it was at 9+ card Mehr?

I got mine on win 11, and my scarab on win 14. Mehr got his after 9 wins too, I believe.

We can definitely improve as individuals but also as a team.

One thing I've noticed watching carries, is that a lot of the first seconds of a round are spent correcting mistakes from the previous round and as a result, no strategy or decision is made about the current round. I've had this happen to me where I'm like "Okay, yeah, I should have pushed that orb better, but now it's 15 seconds in the round and we're all scattered because no one did any coordinating. :p"

Just something I thought I'd share since you like helping folks.

Anyways, overall it's better to keep yourself alive and not trade.

I'm no Hawkian, but I help people out with raiding from time to time. And people think I'm being glib, but I'm not when I say the # 1 rule of raiding is "Don't die." The DPS of a dead raider is 0. Every mechanic has some breathing room in it that you should focus on staying alive first.

And that's true for Trials too. A dead trials teammember has 0 dps. It stops all momentum and changes the flow to be at your detriment. The Narrow Escape medal is your friend!

icon_m915391b17f5c469999f22d68a79d9beb.png

With anxiety, I'm learning to try to deal with that because my gf has huge anxiety. For instance, when I drive, I'm aggressive which basically maxes out her anxiety.

Having my wife has helped so much with my anxiety. And just realizing, that often, it's just like a physiological reaction. Like my wife gets migraines, I get anxious.

Yeah, like Trout said the Gold only goes up to 330 and they even have a spot on that graphic for the Gold bounty itself in the 330 column. I'm also not sure about the +5, +6, +7 LL drops from different activities listed in the top left corner but I don't know about that for sure. I've never seen a KF Hard mode drop more than +6 LL but for all I know it's possible. I only ran KF twice with a character LL less than 328 where +7 drops would have even been an option. If anyone can confirm +7 drops from KFHM I'd be curious to hear it.

ch4fx_

Having trouble leveling up at 309.

It looks like the only things that can help me are vendor reward packages and kings fall?

What drops class items? That's my lowest light piece atm.

Sent you a PM but neglected to give you my PSN ID...
its the same as my GAF name

A small stats post. What is the secret sauce in "Drizz Strats (TM)"?

Is the sick snipes? The perfect pushes? The bad-ass blades? Well, of course, but plenty of other Trials heroes have those skills. I theorize that Drizz Strats come simply from him "not dying", and certainly not dying first.

I played a very sweaty 1.5 cards with him 2 months ago with Igor.

Drizz & Igor are both sniper and both all-star players. Look at our K/Ds to see that:

dj52lBq.png

But in playing with Drizz, there are so many times where we're all dead and counting on him, so I decided to look into that. Two medals show important actions when you're the last guardian standing:

icon_meef309ddbf708b5a5901d9179548713f.png

Never Say Die
Kill an enemy as the last Guardian standing on your team.

From_the_brink_medal1.png

From The Brink
Revive an ally as the last Guardian standing on your team.

So, let's look at the medal counts for our sweaty rounds:

1FxEYPG.png

Drizz is true Last Guardian.

2886489-cs_sw_bb_pckfrnt_front_art_001b.jpg

He never goes down first, and often times is the last line of hope. #DrizzStrats

I got mine on win 11, and my scarab on win 14. Mehr got his after 9 wins too, I believe.

One thing I've noticed watching carries, is that a lot of the first seconds of a round are spent correcting mistakes from the previous round and as a result, no strategy or decision is made about the current round. I've had this happen to me where I'm like "Okay, yeah, I should have pushed that orb better, but now it's 15 seconds in the round and we're all scattered because no one did any coordinating. :p"

Just something I thought I'd share since you like helping folks.

I'm no Hawkian, but I help people out with raiding from time to time. And people think I'm being glib, but I'm not when I say the # 1 rule of raiding is "Don't die." The DPS of a dead raider is 0. Every mechanic has some breathing room in it that you should focus on staying alive first.

And that's true for Trials too. A dead trials teammember has 0 dps. It stops all momentum and changes the flow to be at your detriment. The Narrow Escape medal is your friend!

icon_m915391b17f5c469999f22d68a79d9beb.png

Having my wife has helped so much with my anxiety. And just realizing, that often, it's just like a physiological reaction. Like my wife gets migraines, I get anxious.

How does she help you with your anxiety?

That sucks about migrains. I know some people who get then often.

Is Doctrine of Passing available through Crucible, or only Trials as a drop?

Only Trials. You can get the regular version as a reward for getting 7 wins on a card, or from the Gold bounty. You can get the Adept version (which has Last Resort perk as a bonus) from the Mercury chest.

edit: beaten like I was playing ms5000watts again

Soooooo what your saying is I will never see that gun.

I can run your account sometime if you just want a chance at the weapon but don't enjoy Trials. Or we can play together if you do enjoy Trials.

Only Trials. You can get the regular version as a reward for getting 7 wins on a card, or from the Gold bounty. You can get the Adept version (which has Last Resort perk as a bonus) from the Mercury chest.

I can run your account sometime if you just want a chance at the weapon but don't enjoy Trials. Or we can play together if you do enjoy Trials.

Thats really nice of you man!

But im on Xbox one. Still your gesture is super nice.

aarcane

Pigs might fly, but if anyone on XB1 wants to run a trials card or two at a GMT-friendly time at some point over the weekend, let me know. GT: danthehack

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

what if I enjoy Trials but suck at PvP? :p either way I might have to take you up on that offer... what weapons do you prefer?

So I finally decided to clear out my vault. I had way too many primary weapons. Now it is a bit more manageable and I have some room in my vault. Now with all these weapons I have decided to give them run outs in pvp or pve depending on the roll.

It has definitely made things a lot more interesting. Especially in the crucible. I am having a lot of fun using weapons outside of the usual meta and I'm surprised at how competitive you can be with them (in 6v6).

Favourites so far are:

SUROS DIS 43 with max stability
SUROS DIS 47 with max stability and full auto
Eyasluna with LiTC and some range boosting perks

Top Bottom