• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Drizz here's that 211 headshot i talked about.

l0K4cgTlqUMx1lzOg.gif

Reviving during animation is such a stupid mechanic

Also i meant to post this when the melee update went live but i forgot but here it is

3oEjHDBvAgaQV4zGhO.gif

Notice that his melee immediately did damage to me and he then survived with full health and got an overshield

Ayyyyy

X-Frame

Icarus on a Handcannon is a really fun perk, definitely situational but if you spend a lot of time jumping in PvP it can really help with getting the first hit if they're hiding or finishing them if they run.

Playing super aggressively as a team has honestly always been the best way to play trials, it's the same tactic my trials buddies and I have always used since so many teams just snipe all the time, and if you push them instantly they fall apart because they have nothing to really counter you with. Back in Y1 TLW and Thorn could have helped you out somewhat against that sort of team, but in Y2 lol good luck.

EDIT:RIP DGAF OT. It's a Saturday and they've only been 3 posts in 2.5 hours.
I can return to spam posts...Uhhh destiny related things...

Mindlog

Go.

Best sounding weapons:
Hard Light

Meh sounding weapons:
Hung Jury (not loud, but very unsatisfying(Tlaloc's faster charged rate fixes this))

Worst sounding weapons:
Hawkmoon (cats fighting in trashcans)

Tired of hearing them weapons:
The Last Word
Shotguns
Snipers

I need to run 10 Heroic Strikes for a FWC Exotic Cloak.

Then again, I'd rather starve than play a strike.

I'll never get this cloak :( So much cool stuff in this game is gated behind PvE, it's a shame considering shooters are generally multiplayer focused games.

I just saw this. If you really don't want to deal with Randoms I should have the quest for my Hunters DO cloak by the end of this month. I can message you when I have it and we can run them together then :D Randoms are the worst btw, I had a guy refuse to help me and another player beat Omnigul last night. Why? He sent me a voice message saying I was trying to run the strike too fast. Lol. I reported and blocked him because he was quite colorful in his voice message.

He's running them now, but how do they actually work? I've been mainly doing the challenge and the couple of heroics every week.

Like Drizz said, it's a quest you get with any faction when you reach rank 25 with them. I'm doing them because they're pretty much the only thing I don't have in Destiny at this point. Also, it's nice to work for something that isn't tied to RNG.

WipedOut

I just saw this. If you really don't want to deal with Randoms I should have the quest for my Hunters DO cloak by the end of this month. I can message you when I have it and we can run them together then :D Randoms are the worst btw, I had a guy refuse to help me and another player beat Omnigul last night. Why? He sent me a voice message saying I was trying to run the strike too fast. Lol. I reported and blocked him because he was quite colorful in his voice message.

Like Drizz said, it's a quest you get with any faction when you reach rank 25 with them. I'm doing them because they're pretty much the only thing I don't have in Destiny at this point. Also, it's nice to work for something that isn't tied to RNG.

I need 11 more ranks to go on my warlock. Might be ready by the end of the month also

Iceman829

If anyone wants to run some trials during the day on xbox just shoot me a message. Otherwise I'll be enjoying double xp on call of duty or something.

I already know no one plays during the day on xbox

If anyone wants to run some trials during the day on xbox just shoot me a message. Otherwise I'll be enjoying double xp on call of duty or something.

We do other things! It's totally not because no one else plays destiny on xbone!

Axoman

I would play with you, but I can't normally play during the day when my kids are up.

I think I'll be on tonight if you want to play trials or do some CoE.

We do other things! It's totally not because no one else plays destiny on xbone!

Play trials with us and lead us to the promised land!

X-Frame

AEGabriel finally has a Sub button on Twitch, good for him.

No doubt he contributed a lot to the Titan class since he started popularizing skating.

HMD

Best sounding weapons:
The Chaperone

Meh sounding weapons:
Mida

Worst sounding weapons:
Mida

Mida

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone running just Oryx CM? Wouldnt mind the weekly kill.

I aso need 10 Heroic strikes for my Dead Orbit mark so if you're bored hit me up, SmileyFM on PSN.

CLBridges

Just need 4 more heroic strikes to complete DO exotic piece, gonna log later. Then, on to FWC I guess. Hopefully, I can find a group for COE, have yet to complete that since patch. I've become a Y2 casual :\

WeTeHa

Anyone running just Oryx CM? Wouldnt mind the weekly kill.

I aso need 10 Heroic strikes for my Dead Orbit mark so if you're bored hit me up, SmileyFM on PSN.

I think we're running one (or several oryx cms in an hour or so. If someone doesn't show up or has to leave you can gab a spot.
I'll run some heroic strikes with you till we start raiding.

Mindlog

That's another thing.
Faction exotics should give bonus rep to the Faction, Crucible AND Vanguard.
It's an exotic that's annoying to get. No need to get stingy with the things. I frequently take mine off because I've had 140 FWC packages and all I want are more Crucible and Vanguard packages.

X-Frame

That's another thing.
Faction exotics should give bonus rep to the Faction, Crucible AND Vanguard.
It's an exotic that's annoying to get. No need to get stingy with the things. I frequently take mine off because I've had 140 FWC packages and all I want are more Crucible and Vanguard packages.

Completely agree, or at the very least another bubble perk column to switch between Crucible and Vanguard if Bungie doesn't want to be TOO generous, but I think it's completely fair to have all of them active at the same time.

So this is a list of all people interested in doing the Oryx challenge. We have a CP, thanks to Hedera. I just want to figure out a time that works best for everyone. I'm thinking tomorrow possibly around 4pm EST?

1 Pandora
2 Weteha
3 Tick
4 Jafku <------ Don't know if still in
5 Hedera
6 .Smiley90

Alt: Thingonthefloor

This is the list of interested people.

Smiley90

I think we're running one (or several oryx cms in an hour or so. If someone doesn't show up or has to leave you can gab a spot.
I'll run some heroic strikes with you till we start raiding.

Thanks for the runs!

Jafku

So this is a list of all people interested in doing the Oryx challenge. We have a CP, thanks to Hedera. I just want to figure out a time that works best for everyone. I'm thinking tomorrow possibly around 4pm EST?

1 Pandora
2 Weteha
3 Tick
5 Hedera
6 .Smiley90

I can help if needed

Smiley90

Helmet is the only 335 item I still need.

Had an exotic helmet engram drop from Oryx just now.

... It decrypts into 334.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED.

FUCK OFF CRYPTARCH

ocean

Banned
Man, War Poshy and Gabe are just toying with their early competition in the tournament. War was using a shotty and Poshy a No Land and they still wrecked super hard.

The skill gap in this game is pretty wide. The top tier of players, with a full team, can really get away with using any loadout and still win against average / above average teams.

phen0m24

Best sounding weapons:
Super Good Advice
Thesan - sounds like a science project

Meh sounding weapons:
My DIS 43 but it wrecks anyway

Worst sounding weapons:
S U R O S R E G I M E it sounds like a typewriter

MIDA MIDA MIDA MIDA tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

WipedOut

1 Pandora
2 Weteha
3 Tick
5 Hedera
6 .Smiley90

Will be serving out WP CP this week. ;)

tick221

1 Pandora
2 Weteha
3 Tick
5 Hedera
6 .Smiley90

Thanks for the Oryx x3 everyone, nice smooth runs

WeTeHa

Man those were some quick oryx kills, very nice runs :)

Anybody want to run vog or crota? I know we had a couple of guys that wanted to run them recently.

Thanks for the runs guys. Best way to come back to raiding. I deeply apologize for some of my scrubby moments. *Cough* Death at last rotation and Titan bubble failure. *Cough*

Nice smooth Oryx runs everyone; still Jade Rabbit/Meteorless </3 but lots of sweet sweet 335 helms. My roster is lookin like:

PS4: 334/333/333
Xbox: 335/335/335

::soon::

Anyone up for a CoE run on PS4?

phen0m24

I got an eyasluna to drop with sureshot, exhumed (LOL), rifled and reinforced barrel and LiTC. It feels pretty damn good.

dies

This handcannon 6 kills in a game bounty thing will be the death of me

First Curse UGH I hate not using my DIS

switched to Hawkmoon and all was well. <3 ya, Hawkmoon. Sorry for ignoring you for a while.

Top Bottom