• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

The Last Word is still popular, but inconsistent. Also high impact hand cannons with range perks.
Bullet hose ARs are king. Doctrine of Passing (Trials) Arminius-D (Gunsmith) Soulstealer's Claw (Variks)
Hawksaw (Crucible vendor sells the standard)
Mida to some extent.

Sniper with a good scope.
Party Crasher.

Definitely not meta, but my fave: High Impact Scout Rifle (Max range) with a Fusion Rifle (Thesan with AC or any really.)

For most people it'll be a bullet hose auto rifle with super high stability + sniper or a Pulse Rifle + shotgun.

Best AR is Doctrine of Passing (as long as it has Counterbalance). Alternatively, the Gunsmith Arminius (if it has Braced Frame and Counterbalance). These are extremely reliable and easy to use. They melt at mid to close range so they pair well with a sniper.

Best Pulse Rifle is probably the vendor Hawksaw. It works well at mid to long distance and thus pairs well with a good shotgun.

Alternatively: for actual sweats (playing top tier teams in 3s), max-range Hand Cannons are the only viable weapon choice. They may not be as good for regular Crucible but up against guys who know how to duck into cover quickly it's the only way. You won't see anybody (or hardly anyone) playing sweats with something other than Thorn or a max range Eyasluna/ Finnala's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rg00i1qeUWA

thanks guys,

I think i have a arminius with cb :)

We had a few games of SoM v SoM, with tears and blaze going invis UR/Shotgun. I get were the complaints about it come from now (UR) that shits broken

Great fun though, its a shame GAF hasn't picked up on 3v3's

I'd do 3v3s again if you all weren't EU based. Or if people played sillier stuff like grenades-only or shoulder-charge-only or whatever. The one time I played w you guys everyone was using all the usual stuff and I get enough of that in Trials tbh.

Besides, forced "custom" MM is the only way we'll ever have the option for silly, relaxed Crucible considering they seem completely set in their ways with the current nonsense.

Where's the best place to find a max range Eyasluna?

rngsus.jpg

It's a random drop from Crucible post-game rewards and the Shaxx weekly bounties (and maybe Crucible rank-up packages?).

ocean

Banned
Waving at the beginning of a Skirmish match means they want to wave off Heavy, correct?

First time I'm seeing this.
If you start ranking up and matching sweatier peers in 3s and Rumble this becomes more common

I always find it funny when top tier players load into Rumble their lobbies are so sweaty that people don't even wave - everybody just ignores heavy, it's unspoken and just understood that it's dumb to use.

If you start ranking up and matching sweatier peers in 3s and Rumble this becomes more common

I always find it funny when top tier players load into Rumble their lobbies are so sweaty that people don't even wave - everybody just ignores heavy, it's unspoken and just understood that it's dumb to use.

Yeah I've watched Astroid stream Rumble and practically every enemy is someone he knows. They're all talking to each other in his chat, like "ok guys, let's do no Thorn this game." It's so silly.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone wanna do Trials to 5/7/daily, Nightfall or two CoE runs? Or Heroic strikes for Exotic Class item?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm running heroic strikes right now to farm shotgun kills for the grimoire card. Shoot me a message if you want to run a couple.

That's the weirdest reason to run strikes. Wanna run the nightfall? I have a third

WeTeHa

That's the weirdest reason to run strikes. Wanna run the nightfall? I have a third

Haha yeah it's mostyl a combination of things. I'm watching tv while farming faction rep, rocket kills, fusion rifle kills and shotgun kills :p

I can help out with the NF if you need someone. Shoot me an invite.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Picked up a doctrine of passing with counterbalance through trials gold reward today.

Dayum this this is a laser beam like the aetheons rifle.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You'll want to make you you finish all the story missions and main quest lines. They give some pretty good rewards. Also, equip the highest lift level gear you find as you receive it. That way, you should progressively find higher light level stuff. The only gear you should worry about keeping are legendaries and exotics. Everything else is just temporary to get you up to higher light levels.

For now your main source of progress will be Engram decryptions at the Cryptarch (there's one in the Tower and another in The Reef).

You'll get engrams from just about every activity, and they will often (but not always) decrypt higher than your current light at the moment of decrypting. Basically this means when you're about to decrypt an Engram you should put on all your highest Light items.

Meaning let's say you like Hand Cannons and hate Pulse Rifles. If you get a higher light Pulse Rifle than your hand cannon...you don't have to use it, but you should at least equip it before decrypting something to increase the potential range of the decrypted item's
light.

Moreover, don't ignore the following options:

1. Gunsmith. By turning in his bounties and ranking up with him you get to buy 280 Light Legendary weapons for like 2500 Glimmer.
2. Factions: Vanguard, Crucible, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult. As you rank up with them, they'll offer stuff for sale. Do the Daily PvP challenge every day for those guaranteed 15 Coins.

The actual best way to rank up requires 2 other people looking to gear up. It's playing Trials of Osiris during the weekend. You'll probably lose every match but you'll still complete bounties which pay off 50 Marks, a chance at Trials Legendary gear from the bounties and also from endgame rewards. You should get one item or another every 4-5 matches, and if you lose quickly enough it's basically an amazing farm for a quick and sloppy Legendary setup.

thanks guys, I've been following your tips and instructions and i'm now light level 241 with a legendary deal-breaker as my primary. I have ranked up with several factions and i'm almost level 1 with the gunsmith. the only thing i haven't tried is Trials of Osiris but i'm wondering if i need a mic for that, perhaps not because i don't expect to do well since you know i know almost nothing about except its 3VS3.

Axoman

Hey Xbox people, want to get a few oryx challenge mode runs done before reset? I know, no one actually plays this game...

I'm up for it, just let me know when you were thinking so I can try to get on earlier.

I don't have a cp, but I know DMH likes to join lfg guys and steal their checkpoints.

ocean

Banned
Yeah I've watched Astroid stream Rumble and practically every enemy is someone he knows. They're all talking to each other in his chat, like "ok guys, let's do no Thorn this game." It's so silly.
Caught him once in a full invis Universal Remote Felwinter's lobby. My blood pressure went up just imagining how I'd have raged playing that match.

Random musings, feel free to scroll right along.

Had an odd weekend in gaming. Finished up Uncharted early Saturday evening then all I really wanted to do was play Destiny. I had done zero PvE content this week, so I could have done 3x NF, 3x Raid, 3x CoE yet all I did was random matches of Crucible.

Tried to get trials going a few times with no luck, considered doing some PvE stuff yet just ended up back in Crucible. Got to test out a bunch of weapons I had sitting in my vault, most of them quickly got dismantled but oh well. Went from almost a full vault to now just have one page of infusion fuel should I ever get a new god roll Elysauna or anything else that I am chasing.

I think since hitting 335 on all 3 characters whilst maintaining the ability to go 5-5-1(Titan smash, Hunter Blade/GG, Warlock Storm) my motivation for grinding everything PvE has diminished a bit. I will definitely still be doing random PvE stuff whenever I feel like it but it seems like for the most part I will just be messing around in PvP, building up materials for the next expansion. Would love to go in with a huge bank of everything. I am sitting on around 2.5k weapon parts, 1k motes right now but my SC and Armor parts are pretty low. Planetary materials don't seem to be that big of an issue anymore but I wouldn't mind a bank of those anyway.

I really should go get my other 2 exotic swords at some point though : /

I think since hitting 335 on all 3 characters whilst maintaining the ability to go 5-5-1(Titan smash, Hunter Blade/GG, Warlock Storm) my motivation for grinding everything PvE has diminished a bit.

I feel you. I want that CoE pulse rifle, but after hitting ranks on all 3 and not getting it, I just dont feel like grinding for it.

Oh well. Maybe some day.

So, the promised day is here. Ape spent long enough badgering me to collect my
PvP
posts into a blog, and so I finally did it. Here, without further ado, is The Lighthouse.

Here it is:
I promise I won't be shoving the site in y'all's face. Instead, it'll be more of an archive for any of the good, longer form posts from the OT. I had fun learning a bit of Ruby on Rails and Jekyll (used by Github pages) to hack it together from a template I found. Web development has changed a lot since I learned HTML4.0 in high school.

I don't care at all about traffic to the site, and as proof don't have Google Analytics enabled. But feel free to click around and read through the posts. As always, I love any feedback from DGAF.

A few posts I have in mind for the future:
  • Your One-Stop Titan Guide
  • Gun Talk - The Chaperone
  • Light System - Post-April Update
  • and more!
Thanks so much for putting up with me and my long-ass posts. I've enjoyed working on my writing skills for y'all and hope you've enjoyed the output.

myfriends.gif

So, the promised day is here. Ape spent long enough badgering me to collect my
PvP
posts into a blog, and so I finally did it. Here, without further ado, is The Lighthouse.

Here it is:
I promise I won't be shoving the site in y'all's face. Instead, it'll be more of an archive for any of the good, longer form posts from the OT. I had fun learning a bit of Ruby on Rails and Jekyll (used by Github pages) to hack it together from a template I found. Web development has changed a lot since I learned HTML4.0 in high school.

I don't care at all about traffic to the site, and as proof don't have Google Analytics enabled. But feel free to click around and read through the posts. As always, I love any feedback from DGAF.

A few posts I have in mind for the future:
  • Your One-Stop Titan Guide
  • Gun Talk - The Chaperone
  • Light System - Post-April Update
  • and more!
Thanks so much for putting up with me and my long-ass posts. I've enjoyed working on my writing skills for y'all and hope you've enjoyed the output.

myfriends.gif

Very cool resource! I've always found your long form posts informative and useful. Nice to have them all in one handy location

inthrall

Your link to GAF is broken (http://neogaf.com/search.php?searchid=15189123) under "Who I play with:"

I rather like it. Different, interesting. You initially get mowed down a LOT by people who have the hang of it and have some upgrades running. But sticking with it will get you better.

Yeah I played a few games, feels like you can't push without smoke though as the first person to leave cover usually puts themselves at a disadvantage over any medium-long distance. Was enjoying the levels where you got a lot more freedom to move though, such as the one in the rocky cave thing.

Mindlog

Welp, my grind helpers are gone again again.
Really should have made them get my remaining exotic class items :]
Nah, the stats are glitched in-game. It's actually the same archetype as Monte Carlo, nothing special.
Yeah, for that archetype I'm pretty much set with the Hatchet and a nice NM roll.
Will hold on to one Red Spectre for when they buff it to reflect the bars #Kap.

I'm going to hold on to a handful of weapons across each archetype for when Bungie decides to 'change seasons.'

Top Bottom