• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Mhmmm I have a FP with Hidden Hand&Rifled Barrel. Good thing I kept it?

Also I'm gonna need someone to tell me which Hawksaw is any good:

PerfectBalance/ReinforcedBarrel

Both have Percect Balance&reinforced barrel, one with private eye, one with zen moment
That is a really good FP, if you have sure shot or true sight, it's even better, but if you don't have those, it's not a big loss, either way it's a great roll.

As for the hawksaws, zen moment is better than private eye, mainly because private eye is very situational. Although if you are willing to spend the marks, the vendor hawksaw is better than both of those, but if you don't want to buy it, go with the zen moment one.

To give an example of a good fun game mode

Think the Brawl of Overwatch. Changes weekly, has wild different rule sets each week that categorize it as a fun mode. Something casual like that.

It feels like Destiny has all the modes tuned to SBMM lately(From what I hear)~ And I can guess that gets annoying.

Yes. For me the perfect answer from Mantis would be "X" crucible playlist is more fun and relaxed. If he'd even have told him to play mayhem I'd be happier than him saying go play strikes.

Idk. If you sold pizza and people started saying for reason "X" the pizza wasn't as good as it used to be would you tell people to eat a salad instead? Bad analogy aside, my issue is that Bungie too often answers criticisms and questions with "Go play other games or do something else." I'd prefer they at least spin some bullshit about how important 50% win rate is to them or how skirmish is sweatier than rift. Anything but "deal with it. Go play something else"

The problem is that the person he answered asked if he could make crucible less sweaty and more relaxing, and instead of answering the questions, he completely dodges it with an answer that has nothing to do with the question. That player wants to relax in crucible not strikes, it was a really bad and annoying answer.

I guess, while not trying to defend him, my question would be to you guys: What is he to do?

Now, I know we all have suggestions that we think could work (like Halo 2: a causal playlist and a normal/competitive playlist, even though that wont stop the competitive from using the casual), but my point: what was that guy to do? A lot of people say he was a designer, so what power does he have?

If people didn't like the pizza sold, I'd tell them to speak to the supervisor (see, now ya'll given me flashbacks to my minimum wage job).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That is a really good FP, if you have sure shot or true sight, it's even better, but if you don't have those, it's not a big loss, either way it's a great roll.

As for the hawksaws, zen moment is better than private eye, mainly because private eye is very situational. Although if you are willing to spend the marks, the vendor hawksaw is better than both of those, but if you don't want to buy it, go with the zen moment one.

TrueSight ;)

And thanks!

I guess, while not trying to defend him, my question would be to you guys: What is he to do?

Now, I know we all have suggestions that we think could work (like Halo 2: a causal playlist and a normal/competitive playlist, even though that wont stop the competitive from using the casual), but my point: what was that guy to do? A lot of people say he was a designer, so what power does he have?

If people didn't like the pizza sold, I'd tell them to speak to the supervisor (see, now ya'll given me flashbacks to my minimum wage job).

I'd be happy if he said, "Go play mayhem, it's fun and about goofing around as opposed to being super competitive," "If you want to relax try a freelance playlist or a Y1 playlist," or even "crucible may seem sweaty because we work to ensure evenly matched games" even your suggestion of saying, "hey I'm not in charge talk to X" would be preferable to play strikes imo.

I'd be happy if he said, "Go play mayhem, it's fun and about goofing around as opposed to being super competitive," "If you want to relax try a freelance playlist or a Y1 playlist," or even "crucible may seem sweaty because we work to ensure evenly matched games" even your suggestion of saying, "hey I'm not in charge talk to X" would be preferable to play strikes imo.

Touché. I love mayhem clash.

Another reason why I wouldn't last a day in customer support.

Touché. I love mayhem clash.

Another reason why I wouldn't last a day in customer support.

Don't get me wrong, I don't envy the guy's job at all. The internet, and especially gamers are miserable to deal with. 90% of the time his responses are fine but every now and then he says something that rubs myself and others the wrong way.

Yes. For me the perfect answer from Mantis would be "X" crucible playlist is more fun and relaxed. If he'd even have told him to play mayhem I'd be happier than him saying go play strikes.

He definitely could've said 'Go play mayhem'(I would've brought it up as well but, well...that'd be obvious.'

Saying 'Go play strikes' is a bit of a slap when talking about pvp.

Don't get me wrong, I don't envy the guy's job at all. The internet, and especially gamers are miserable to deal with. 90% of the time his responses are fine but every now and then he says something that rubs myself and others the wrong way.

It's a different time. Back in the day, I used to play Crash Team Racing or Crash Bash without being mad about doing the same shit over and over (I mean, damn, CTR had no progression. It's literally a racing game for almost no reason). But the developers didn't have to worry about getting chewed out every hour of the day.

Sometimes, I do give them the benefit of the doubt: while I hate the constant nerfs, maybe the balancing isn't as easy as my rose-tinting glasses make it seem.

It's a different time. Back in the day, I used to play Crash Team Racing or Crash Bash without being mad about doing the same shit over and over (I mean, damn, CTR had no progression. It's literally a racing game for almost no reason). But the developers didn't have to worry about getting chewed out every hour of the day.

Sometimes, I do give them the benefit of the doubt: while I hate the constant nerfs, maybe the balancing isn't as easy as my rose-tinting glasses make it seem.

Those games are pure fun though. There's no need to worry about nerfs or balance, about progressing to the next 'loot drop'. That's the one issue of loot games like Destiny or Diablo, that they 'train' you to expect loot and when you get something shitty it's like 'OH MY GOD WORST GAME EVER'. And then there's the balancing which....well, they shouldn't balance PvE and PvP together.

Chucker

I saw a double rainbow today.
Let's fucking go to mercury.
tM3l08xl.jpg

Those games are pure fun though. There's no need to worry about nerfs or balance, about progressing to the next 'loot drop'. That's the one issue of loot games like Destiny or Diablo, that they 'train' you to expect loot and when you get something shitty it's like 'OH MY GOD WORST GAME EVER'. And then there's the balancing which....well, they shouldn't balance PvE and PvP together.

I agree. For example, I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned, but I'd have a hell of a lot more fun if they made it so we had like, 30 minute consumables for weapon burns. So being able to attach a burn to ANY weapon (from default to exotic) for 30 minutes with like a 15 minute cooldown. THAT would remedy my disdain for losing all those weapons we slaved 2 raids for.

My main issue is I feel like more has been taken (no pun intended) away then gained from the recent patches/updates.

Chucker

Since trials doesn't seem to be happening tonight, could anybody point me to a place where I can get a PS4 digital code of Vanilla? I'm tired of the disc being in my tray.

More Mantis nonsense

HeyFitzy ‏@HeyFitzy 1h1 hour ago
@TheTeawrex @_mantis_ Once you expand that skill range, it creates the lag most have been encountering.

Derek ‏@_mantis_ 1h1 hour ago
@HeyFitzy @TheTeawrex NO! When we expand the skill range, we cast a wider net and then pick the best connection within that group.

They really are clueless

More Mantis nonsense

@TheTeawrex @_mantis_ Once you expand that skill range, it creates the lag most have been encountering.

@HeyFitzy @TheTeawrex NO! When we expand the skill range, we cast a wider net and then pick the best connection within that group.

They really are clueless

>_>;

So uh, how are the connections these days? They were pretty terrible last time I played, like a couple months back...

>_>;

So uh, how are the connections these days? They were pretty terrible last time I played, like a couple months back...

Red bars rule the top spots with their ability to fire doctrine in single shot, shotguns like hmgs and kills with supers before they are anywhere near you, no animation required

>_>;

Its pot luck what you're going to get, though generally 6's are an absolute shit fest with 3's being ok. Being in the UK doesn't help as I'm in the middle of a US/Russia/UAE search area

Mantis has replied to the Reddit thread on his comments https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...l_to_people_who_are_weary_of_sbmm_and/d360y9u

Hopefully this will make them push some decent changes to Crucible that they weren't intending too before the Sept update

Edit and what Tiro say's a if theres a red bar on the other/your team they will be top of the leaderboard, damage referee is a lie

NeOak

>_>;

There is a reason I made that Gofundme for a Netduma. Watching Drizz trying to help people and being stopped by lag was discouraging, to say the least.

As for now, should be ok if you are in the USA for the most populated playlists. Other than that? Luck of the draw.

We had a few games of SoM v SoM, with tears and blaze going invis UR/Shotgun. I get were the complaints about it come from now (UR) that shits broken

Great fun though, its a shame GAF hasn't picked up on 3v3's

Double Universal Remote + sniper + invis bladedance was the best trip to Mercury I've had in Y2. Most teams never knew what hit them.

Then doing 3v3s with double shotguns + invis equipped was just hilarious.

git gud Mehr

Trakan

More Mantis nonsense

They really are clueless

Ahaha, if there's a skill range that eventually gets expanded, that's SBMM. It hurts the overall connections.

You're definitely right about him being clueless.

I wish there was more discussion and/or hunts as to where Destiny is going as far as content goes and where the universe is going, etc. I feel like all we've been discussing for the last six months is weapon and class balance along Crucible maps. I really wish there was more to talk about. But really were still working with the same bits of speculation that we have for the past 2 years and just compiling lists of things we hope to someday see. No compelling evidence or hints or...anything.

Tubtub

Neo Member
So how hard is challenge mode Oryx now? That's the last thing I need and I've done everything in destiny besides mercury. Just hit 330 too

Mindlog

what are the sweatiest guns for crucible right now? wanna get back into it a bit
The Last Word is still popular, but inconsistent. Also high impact hand cannons with range perks.
Bullet hose ARs are king. Doctrine of Passing (Trials) Arminius-D (Gunsmith) Soulstealer's Claw (Variks)
Hawksaw (Crucible vendor sells the standard)
Mida to some extent.

Sniper with a good scope.
Party Crasher.

Definitely not meta, but my fave: High Impact Scout Rifle (Max range) with a Fusion Rifle (Thesan with AC or any really.)

ocean

Banned
what are the sweatiest guns for crucible right now? wanna get back into it a bit

For most people it'll be a bullet hose auto rifle with super high stability + sniper or a Pulse Rifle + shotgun.

Best AR is Doctrine of Passing (as long as it has Counterbalance). Alternatively, the Gunsmith Arminius (if it has Braced Frame and Counterbalance). These are extremely reliable and easy to use. They melt at mid to close range so they pair well with a sniper.

Best Pulse Rifle is probably the vendor Hawksaw. It works well at mid to long distance and thus pairs well with a good shotgun.

Alternatively: for actual sweats (playing top tier teams in 3s), max-range Hand Cannons are the only viable weapon choice. They may not be as good for regular Crucible but up against guys who know how to duck into cover quickly it's the only way. You won't see anybody (or hardly anyone) playing sweats with something other than Thorn or a max range Eyasluna/ Finnala's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rg00i1qeUWA

Top Bottom