• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I thought snipers got nerfed? I fired up the game over the weekend for the first time in a long time and tried out some PvP. Got destroyed just as much as before by snipers. Guess the changes to the scope did nothing :(

The sniper "nerfs' barely addressed the PvP issues and seemed misdirected imo. The only really noticeable change has been running out of sniper ammo in PvE, especially the raid since those encounters are so sniper-centric. Special ammo can be a problem in 6v6 sometimes but it's very rarely been an issue for me in Trials. All of their ammo nerfs have really missed the mark so far.

As for increasing the minimum zoom on scopes, at least that change was well-intentioned with negligible PvE side effects. It did throw off all the familiar sight lines at first but hasn't been a big deal to adjust. Once again it misses the point since people can still use snipers aggressively by quick-scoping body shots (where it really doesn't matter if the zoom is 4.5x or 4.9x). The bigger issue is the enormous damage that high impact sniper body shots do, which they've never addressed.

Sounds like you need a new challenge. Maybe drag a 313 through trials? I "have a friend" that could use some new gear.

lol I'm always up for a Trials challenge as long as everyone else involved is also into it. Just finished a run where one guy was 312 actually. There have been a bunch of people asking about doing Trials tonight so I dunno how much time we'll have but we can always try a run late tonight if you're around or anytime next week.

Honestly I'd rather get there myself but I dont think even a carry will get me there on this map. Maybe on another haha. But I definitely want it to be done before Destiny 2/3/whatever

Yeah, totally understandable. I always encourage people that enjoy playing to use their own accounts. Just try to get as much experience (and as many passage coins) in the meantime. If we can't reach the promised land after a few concerted efforts then maybe we can reconsider at that time.

CLBridges

Whoa. Both guys I played my VERY FIRST trials with right when it released! And yall posted back to back haha what's up!

Remember I didn't have enough passage coins so I was 1 win away when yall got the full 9 wins and we had 1 loss on the card. Yall came back to me after the reef, we lost the next match so my card was 8-2 and we won the final match. And no Mercury opened up for any of us and we found out that final win was worthless hahaha

Lol awesome memory! I should probably ask a mod to change my GAF name to my PSN of Ghostfacedon, had a lot of good times in Y1 with GAFfers.

ocean

Banned
I can't do John-tier analysis of my Trials cards but here's a superficial evaluation of my performance: I'm hella avg. Went 1.02 this week, winning 10 of the 15 games I played. No Mercury, farthest I got was final boss but we'd already lost Mercy and got dumped.

Takeaway: I've gotten really good at getting tricky revives. I am absolutely useless in 1v3 match ups. Hand Cannons are viable and more fun than anything else.

Macello, I checked and I have the Sun of Osiris emblem. I think it just dropped randomly in Y1, not like the scarab.

I got it randomly in Y1 and I only got carried to Mercury a handful of times. I think it was just RNG but I never knew why people chased it so much.

lol I'm always up for a Trials challenge as long as everyone else involved is also into it. Just finished a run where one guy was 312 actually. There have been a bunch of people asking about doing Trials tonight so I dunno how much time we'll have but we can always try a run late tonight if you're around or anytime next week.

I won't be on past midnight tonight, so yeah, maybe next week...unless you get bored before 11 tonight. I actually just came in first in rumble for the first time ever. I think that not playing in forever has loosened me up a bit.

how is this for pvp? sucks wasting the first perk, but does the rest make up for it? i have like 20 days of pvp play time in this game, but i've barely touched snipers.

OOloolY.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
335 Hard Light from Trials SILVER bounty. Didnt know that was possible, awesome

edit: thanks for the runs zewone&trakan, another week, another 7 wins! got my 335 helmet for my 335 overall too so an all-around good time.

spyder_ur

Cruise to 6-0 through some tough matches, then lose 4 straight to teams who all had 1.6k/ds. Get a 330 artifact from gold. Year 2 Trials experience.

I still love Trials though, can't resist.

WipedOut

Someone told me that LDR can drop from Nightfalls but I have no idea if this is actually true. My impression was the Y1 legendaries only drop from their respective faction packages.
Bungie reiterated twice that y1 remakes only drop from crucible and vanguard packages.

Someone told me that LDR can drop from Nightfalls but I have no idea if this is actually true. My impression was the Y1 legendaries only drop from their respective faction packages.

Hmm it would make sense if that were the case. I can't remember if I've gotten any y1s from the crucible nightfall.

Nightfall is Shield Brothers. Arc Burn, Juggler, Iron clad and Catapult

Precision kill bonus is back for CoE! Fresh troops and Juggler.

Wretched Knight, Keksis and Overmind minotaur.

WeTeHa

Omnigul is never gonna happen until they fix the exploit for the farm.

I know. Which means it'll never happen.

Played 1 match of zone control for the box. Invincible red-bar titan kept shoulder charging everyone. Sometimes before the door on black shield opened. Good stuff.

Top Bottom