• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Is there a list of items that can drop from Variks' rank up packages? Since the update came out, I've had 10-12 rank ups and apart from the hand cannon, all I ever got was class items.

That sucks, Ive gotten the HC, the Pulse Rifle, the Rocket Launcher, and some Armor most at 335.

X-Frame

It's crazy how good of a perk Counterbalance is. Auto Rifles, Pulse Rifles, Machine Guns -- it instantly transforms a gun into an incredibly accurate weapon.

The vendor Hawksaw outshines all the other Pulse Rifles I have (never was lucky to grab a PDX45 with Counterbalance yet).

Trakan

Sigil rewards are not the same as Variks rank up packages.

Pretty sure there is a sidearm in the mix. I recall getting one in the first week.

You're right. I don't believe there's a fusion, sniper, or heavies though.

fuck Variks, all he's given me from CoE is two shitty rocket launchers with fucking VACUUM and a class item

thanks bungo

That's for completing POE, it's different from ranking up Variks.

darthbob

You're right. I don't believe there's a fusion, sniper, or heavies though.

That's for completing POE, it's different from ranking up Variks.

Ah, okay. The faction rank up packages from him haven't been very kind to me either, but that's just RNG I guess. :/

Arrrammis

Did you guys see/know about this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4jrqqr/clown_cartridgecocoon_glitch/

Raid Primary with Coccoon procs Clown Cartridge on secondaries/rockets even if they have no ammo and even in PVP

So

You get PvP Heavy Ammo even outside of heavy rounds/heavy spawns

Video here:

https://youtu.be/t6ZGN5xwPf8

bungie is aware but until they fix it.... PVP ROCKETS GALORE?!

edit: i just checked my vault and I DO have RL with clown cartridge so if it's not patched by the time I'm home I'm gonna give PvP a try for shits and giggles

too bad this wasn't posted for trials LOL

That is hilarious, I really want to abuse this in PvP but I feel like I might get banned :/

Light level 304: where do I go from here? Raids/NF/COE are all higher level than I have and no one wants a lower level when I go places asking to join an activity.

You can do all those activities at your LL, the only place where you'll get rejected at your LL is LFG.

You'll find plenty of folks here who will run those with you.

If you're on PSN, add me: ruthlesbarbarian

ch4fx_

Light level 304: where do I go from here? Raids/NF/COE are all higher level than I have and no one wants a lower level when I go places asking to join an activity.

What DJ said. If you're on PSN send me a FR as well, my PSN is the same as GAF. I'm certainly not the most powerful Guardian you'll find, but I'm not gonna not play with you just because of your LL.

EDIT - I also found this picture super helpful with letting you know what to expect from each activity (LL wise).

image_zps8ss1qdxo.jpg

ocean

Banned
Finally, Special Weapon engrams are back at the cryptarch! Panty Ray hype aka 3 marks LETS GO

Only 70 marks away from another chance!
If he doesn't have them, the Reef Cryptarch does. You can always buy Legendary Special Weapon engrams when you feel like getting 3 marks.

If he doesn't have them, the Reef Cryptarch does. You can always buy Legendary Special Weapon engrams when you feel like getting 3 marks.

Yea Tower Crypt has them this week. Neither of them had it last week so I was stuck buying planetary mats to keep below 200 haha

Ji66a-Man

Before I tread the LFG waters, got 2 spots open for KF HM x3 from totems for the Xbone unicorns.

Edit: Took long enough, but full now.

man, when i ran out of vault space and had to toss a bunch of old favorites around the start of year 2, i decided to keep one of all the different decent archetypes that i might want to use in normal crucible (since you can still reforge them). i kept auto rifles for every archetype EXCEPT the super high ROF ones. i never ever thought those would be relevant in crucible.

shermas

Soulstealers claw with hammer forged/injection mold...single point sling (meh).... Rodeo/unflinching.

Not terrible right? Looks like a total bullet hose.

Who was it who said they got nothing from Shaxx's weekly bounties last week? As i'm pretty sure it happened to me last night

Also I'm done with CoE, last nights was the most boring/pointless thing i've ever done with Destiny. Either reduce the requirements or make it fun like grenade week

Top Bottom