• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Theorry

Just some Trials numbers by consoles if anyone cares.

Partcipation

Xbox1 - 193,136 guardians
PS4 - 267,744

Flawless

Xbox1 - 24,686 12.8%
PS4 - 38,099 14.2%

We are seeing about 400k players on average a week down from 800k just 6 months ago with Ps4 having almost 40% more players.
I dig numbers and thought someone on here may like them as well. Thanks to Destinytrialsreport.com on twitter for answering my questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...st_some_trials_numbers_by_consoles_if_anyone/

Just some Trials numbers by consoles if anyone cares.

Partcipation

Xbox1 - 193,136 guardians
PS4 - 267,744

Flawless

Xbox1 - 24,686 12.8%
PS4 - 38,099 14.2%

We are seeing about 400k players on average a week down from 800k just 6 months ago with Ps4 having almost 40% more players.
I dig numbers and thought someone on here may like them as well. Thanks to Destinytrialsreport.com on twitter for answering my questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...st_some_trials_numbers_by_consoles_if_anyone/

First week of TTK trials it was 820k https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13945/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update--11052015 I know games have a natural drop off but a lot of Destinys can be directly attributed at Bungie.

Also not everyone plays Trials so it's not an example of the full population of Destiny.

Iron Banner stats would be more interesting to me as i never bother with Trials.

Also not everyone plays Trials so it's not an example of the full population of Destiny.

Iron Banner stats would be more interesting to me as i never bother with Trials.

None of the sites track IB unless its Control so we'll get an idea of any spike next week. Currently around 500k people are being tracked daily

Lima

Division is dad. Destiny is dad. What are you going to play now? :p

Being a Sony Stan right now. Playing dat Uncharted 4, Alienation (this is how you do loot game) and I bought the Ratchet and Clank remake. Oh I still haven't played Until Dawn and next week my son is going to be born so game time is heavily reduced anyway.

This is fine.jpg

WipedOut

Being a Sony Stan right now. Playing dat Uncharted 4, Alienation (this is how you do loot game) and I bought the Ratchet and Clank remake. Oh I still haven't played Until Dawn and next week my son is going to be born so game time is heavily reduced anyway.

This is fine.jpg
Congrats on the kid Ned! (Well soon to be)

Got all exotic class items finally. Now I just need Zen Meteor to have all exotics. I've had six or seven exotic engrams since the update, and now I have five 335 Plan Cs, a Telesto, and another I don't remember.

This is fine.jpg

Great news, congrats Ned!

Variks was nice to me last night. I FINALLY got that CoE emblem and all the ships. All emblems get.

I also got a Her Memory with:

Persistence
Injection Mold
Grenadier

It has Doctrine range with Injection Mold. I'm going to try it on some PvP this weekend.

On the down side, I found out I am missing 1 shader...and I need to play regular strikes to get it. RIP Ape.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Things I wish the live team would do to make PvE end game more enjoyable:

1) Add matchmaking for Nightfall
2) Add matchmaking and additional modifiers to daily story mission
3) Make a survival/challenge mode for Prison of Elders with matchmaking

That is all.

Adahn

Hate to be that person.... but I'm struggling to choose between two shotguns for PvP. Any comments would be great!

The first is the ubiquitous quest CT-D. The second is a PC+1 with the following stats:

Field choke/Full Auto/Smallbore/Final Round

Obviously the Full Auto/Final Round isn't ideal, but...I'm fairly certain that the hip fire range is the same for both, and the faster shot speed can be helpful. I'm leaning towards PC+1 for 6v6 and CT-D for 3v3, but I'd love to hear from anyone that thinks I'm maybe under-estimating the effect of the increased spread from Full Auto

Hate to be that person.... but I'm struggling to choose between two shotguns for PvP. Any comments would be great!

The first is the ubiquitous quest CT-D. The second is a PC+1 with the following stats:

Field choke/Full Auto/Smallbore/Final Round

Obviously the Full Auto/Final Round isn't ideal, but...I'm fairly certain that the hip fire range is the same for both, and the faster shot speed can be helpful. I'm leaning towards PC+1 for 6v6 and CT-D for 3v3, but I'd love to hear from anyone that thinks I'm maybe under-estimating the effect of the increased spread from Full Auto

CT-D all the way.

Full Auto actually increased the spread of the pellets EVEN IF you ADS.

I have a PC + 1 with Full Auto and Rifled. It has more range than the CTD but is inconsistent because of the pellet spread. As a full time shotgun user I need to know when I am in that sweet range spot, it's going to be a 1HK every single time. Full auto messed that up.

Axoman

That was fun! It didn't grab the very end (i hate xbox recording) but here's most of the comeback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZACk7ZN-U

Edit omg my nightstalker fail hahahaha

I watched your video, I didn't realize we were down that far for so long.

CT-D all the way.

Full Auto actually increased the spread of the pellets EVEN IF you ADS.

I have a PC + 1 with Full Auto and Rifled. It has more range than the CTD but is inconsistent because of the pellet spread. As a full time shotgun user I need to know when I am in that sweet range spot, it's going to be a 1HK every single time. Full auto messed that up.

What's your take on Aggressive Ballistics and shotguns since the latest update nerfed stability more when using it?

I have a PC+1 with Aggressive and Rifled Barrel, but it seems like after the latest patch I have more encounters where I leave someone with a sliver of health using Aggressive over Field choke.

Spent some time today playing doubles. Every single match was a sweaty mess. Never saw any big score differences. Crimson doubles was a much more fun experience and quicker. Most games I was playing ended with the timer. I did only come across one red bar. Who was blink sniping across the map. I had to back out of that match as there was no way I was spending 10 minutes trying to guess where he was going to one shot me from thanks to his potato

What's your take on Aggressive Ballistics and shotguns since the latest update nerfed stability more when using it?

I personally am all about as much Range as possible. Mehr, on the other hand, swears by Agg.

It all comes down to closing the gap and how good your movement is as a player. If you're confident in your ability to get close(or running a Warlock with that disgusting melee range) then Agg seems to be the better choice. If you're not as strong with movement then having more range on your side is where it's at.

I personally am all about as much Range as possible. Mehr, on the other hand, swears by Agg.

It all comes down to closing the gap and how good your movement is as a player. If you're confident in your ability to get close(or running a Warlock with that disgusting melee range) then Agg seems to be the better choice. If you're not as strong with movement then having more range on your side is where it's at.

OR.., you just run Universal Remote and never have to worry again about range or impact. :p
(Bonus points because Mehr gets salty when his PC+1 loses out to UR)

OR.., you just run Universal Remote and never have to worry again about range or impact. :p
(Bonus points because Mehr gets salty when his PC+1 loses out to UR)

Tears pls! I watched some of your Trials stream last week.

Invis Shotgun Hunters are WORSE than Sunsingers!

*Runs out of DGAF*

I kind of want to try that this weekend...

Did anyone try the recruitment feature that Bungie rolled out yesterday? Is it better than DestinyLFG.net ? It took me some time to find it on my app yesterday. Never tried it though.
Decided to finish Uncharted instead... the feels...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I found out that this newbie raid is at an impossible time for a Europe guy :(
If you can make it the last one of the month each month, which will be next week's on the 28th, is instead on Saturday at 3:00PM EST (7:00PM UTC). They can still run late in EU time of course but might be more viable than the standard weekly time which is pretty constrained by the US work day. :(

*Runs out of DGAF*

Isn't it great, the ultimate scumbag build has finally been realized!
Now run the scumbag combo with Blaze and me when Trials hits and build your new throne on pillars of salt.

you know you want to

@Igor
The exotic perk gives you great range + impact when ADS, I find it better than any other Y2 shotgun I've tried so far! You can even one-shot a sunsinger out of his self-res, without the need for a melee to finish the job.

*Runs out of DGAF*

They've made my shitlist 1) wombo combo aidstep 2) Invis shotgunners 3) triple sunsinger

Universal Remote has good stats like that? Didnt know about that.

PC is still better its just that its a fucking primary so you run around (invisible) with unlimited ammo

They've made my shitlist 1) wombo combo aidstep 2) Invis shotgunners 3) triple sunsinger

PC is still better its just that its a fucking primary so you run around (invisible) with unlimited ammo
Hold your horses there, I'll never willingly resort to skillfully placed firebolts, everyone knows I'm a voidlock all the way!

Trakan

I'd like to thank Bungie for keeping the old gear in the loot pool for sublime engrams.

It's not like I'd prefer the new gear.

darthbob

I'd like to thank Bungie for keeping the old gear in the loot pool for sublime engrams.

It's not like I'd prefer the new gear.

not sure if sarcasm, but i can't say i feel the same way. as a Titan, the Hesperos gear looks like shit compared to the Jovian Guard gear set.

phen0m24

Thanks, had a couple sign ups.

I.. one of the dudes puts for his light level, "Highest I can be is 334" lol. They understand this normal mode, right?

1 or 2 spots still for tonight's newbie raid, depending on if krypt0n can make it or not.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

I have to laugh, as I don't recall listing NM specifically - I mistakenly thought that was implied by "noobie raid." Hahaha

But then again, some people have hit 335 without raiding! :) So maybe (s)he's just geared up! :) Thanks Hawkian

Mindlog

Gunsmith is selling the COCYTUS again!
4vjrGwO.gif

And or 'Javik finally.'

Axoman

I got all of my characters to 4-4-2; OCD is satisfied.

You aren't done until they are all 5-5-2!

Speaking of that, Tower Ghost tells me I can be 5-5-2 on both my warlock and titan if all gear is 335. It says my hunter can be 5-4-3,but I think it could be 5-5-2 as well. I already have 5-5-1 and 1-5-5 builds for my hunter.

E92 M3

You aren't done until they are all 5-5-2!

Speaking of that, Tower Ghost tells me I can be 5-5-2 on both my warlock and titan if all gear is 335. It says my hunter can be 5-4-3,but I think it could be 5-5-2 as well. I already have 5-5-1 and 1-5-5 builds for my hunter.

Not enough light for that :(

Top Bottom