• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

X-Frame

So the RL exploit is common in regular Crucible? Like Control and Clash and Rumble?

How often are you all seeing someone use this exploit?

Sadly I may hold off on PvP until this is fixed.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the RL exploit is common in regular Crucible? Like Control and Clash and Rumble?

It was just discovered two days ago and is spreading? So.... It'll only get bigger now.

I haven't seen it once same as the infinite shadowshot, i'd be pissed off if they cancel trials as a knee jerk

Basically proccing cocoon then switching to a RL with clown cartridge will give you ammo. Players have been able to get 50 rockets in a clip. Completely broken

I'm curious onto this as well. What's the scoop?

Edit-Answered during my post. Thanks Jakfu

Man that's weird. That's a weird interaction.

I'm guessing, for example, you have a scout rifle with cocoon, you dump it's ammo, then you switch to your shotty, and you wait for cocoon to pop, then you switch to your Rocket Launcher with CC instead of your scout rifle and it procs?

What a weird glitch. Interesting it took people this long to find out about it, but it is a specific interaction..

Go on then I've got nothing else to do, my psn is the same as here

Edit no request, so ive logged off for the night
Ahh sorry dude, got caught up with bounties. I'll add you for future ref, also my PSN = BarryTheSprout if anyone needs extra players for anything else. Yet to do any Raid or Nightfall so would appreciate any action.

Smiley90

Man that's weird. That's a weird interaction.

I'm guessing, for example, you have a scout rifle with cocoon, you dump it's ammo, then you switch to your shotty, and you wait for cocoon to pop, then you switch to your Rocket Launcher with CC instead of your scout rifle and it procs?

What a weird glitch. Interesting it took people this long to find out about it, but it is a specific interaction..

Even simpler

Have a primary with coccoon, CC on rocket

Shoot primary, switch weapons to RL. When coccoon procs, CC has a small percentage if proccing as well.

The issue likely is that coccoon somehow triggers a "reload" that triggers CC even though it should be specific to the primary, not the currently equipped weapon (the RL)

It's not guaranteed to work but shoot primary - switch weapons - wait 5 secs for coccoon to proc - rinse and repeat will eventually give you your rockets and if you can imagine, if it happens before the enemy can engage you (when you'll be at a disadvantage if you keep switching weapons to an empty RL), it's a hue advantage

WeTeHa

Okay so apparently artifacts are bugged and can only roll 131 stats if you have Int/Disc, and 118 stats is the max for every other combination.

That means.... I'll have to completely change my nightstalker build to hit 2/5/5 :(

I give up on Auto Rifles, they all suck in PVP. I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to wrecking people with them

Ill stick to Mida.

Mindlog

I give up on Auto Rifles, they all suck in PVP. I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to wrecking people with them

Ill stick to Mida.
The high RoF ARs require CB and even them they are really awkward for me. However, once I get their pattern down they are extremely lethal.
Just filled up. I can run another after though.
Will go ahead and jump into a new one. See how far I get.

Nightfall room for 1 fireteam is open.

Even simpler

Have a primary with coccoon, CC on rocket

Shoot primary, switch weapons to RL. When coccoon procs, CC has a small percentage if proccing as well.

The issue likely is that coccoon somehow triggers a "reload" that triggers CC even though it should be specific to the primary, not the currently equipped weapon (the RL)

It's not guaranteed to work but shoot primary - switch weapons - wait 5 secs for coccoon to proc - rinse and repeat will eventually give you your rockets and if you can imagine, if it happens before the enemy can engage you (when you'll be at a disadvantage if you keep switching weapons to an empty RL), it's a hue advantage

What the heck.

That means that Clown Cartridge is active while it's in your active weapon slot-So something like Cocoon reloading a weapon that's inactive, CC still considers that as a reload to the active weapon(Since in order for Cocoon to work, it has to be considered 'active' to reload the weapon, meaning Cocoon is always 'active') because CC probably isn't programmed against Cocoons 'active' state. I wonder if there's any other reloading perks that proc through Cocoon? IE....those other...reloading perks...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my raise at the beginning of the year was unexpected.
I have decided firmly that I won't be buying an Xbox One.
I haven't upgraded any of the components in my PC since I got it two years ago.
I started cycling to work, which has dramatically reduced my expenditure on gas.

hi this is me justifying to you all my imminent purchase of an HTC Vive and GTX1080

chur

The high RoF ARs require CB and even them they are really awkward for me. However, once I get their pattern down they are extremely lethal.

Will go ahead and jump into a new one. See how far I get.

Nightfall room for 1 fireteam is open.
You online?

Dave_6

I started cycling to work, which has dramatically reduced my expenditure on gas.

hi this is me justifying to you all my imminent purchase of an HTC Vive and GTX1080

I do a lot of sim racing and Assetto Corsa just added in Oculus support yesterday and I can only imagine how awesome it is. I got a 970 back in 2014 but the 1080 has still caught my eye, especially with me wanting to get a 1440p ultrawide monitor.

Sorry for the OT :/

Mindlog

You online?
My Friend List is currently nuked.

Try to send a party invite then you can join through that. Dancing at the boss now.

*For those still to do Nightfall. At the tank area rush to the heavy then die. It respawns there and the tank is also easy to kill from that location. Only a few adds are ever threatening and the post blocks all incoming tank fire.

Nice! Still waiting on my setup.
I have to rationalize all the money I may or may not have put into Star Citizen.

Smiley90

What the heck.

That means that Clown Cartridge is active while it's in your active weapon slot-So something like Cocoon reloading a weapon that's inactive, CC still considers that as a reload to the active weapon(Since in order for Cocoon to work, it has to be considered 'active' to reload the weapon, meaning Cocoon is always 'active') because CC probably isn't programmed against Cocoons 'active' state. I wonder if there's any other reloading perks that proc through Cocoon? IE....those other...reloading perks...

That depends on whether the flaw is in Coccoon (eg it accidentally triggers "active/global weapon" reload instead of the specific weapon) or CC (eg it detects any kind of magazine-filling as an active weapon reload instead of just the mag of the CC-weapon).

Given that active reload perks are much more common than non-equipped reload perks and it was only discovered now, i would bet the flaw is with clown cartridge. I dont think there are any non-equipped reload perks aside from coccoon which is why only this specific interaction triggers it.

Okay so apparently artifacts are bugged and can only roll 131 stats if you have Int/Disc, and 118 stats is the max for every other combination.

That means.... I'll have to completely change my nightstalker build to hit 2/5/5 :(

What other non-DIS/STR gear would that ideally use? Building just for those two, I'm close-ish to 2/5/5 by luck. And I happen to have an INT/DIS artifact.

WeTeHa

What other non-DIS/STR gear would that ideally use? Building just for those two, I'm close-ish to 2/5/5 by luck. And I happen to have an INT/DIS artifact.

I'm running (or was planning on running) graviton (which will always roll int) with at least 85 intellect and then get the remaining amount of int from a ghost or class item) and run disc/str on everything else. That would have worked because I assumed you could get 131 points form a disc/str artifact, which apparently is not the case. Now I have to switch to a Int/disc artifact, which requires a different graviton roll and ghost/class item. Once I have those set up and about 120-122 Int I'll see what I have to get from the rest of my equipment.

If I can get an artifact to drop with 35-37 intellect and the rest disc, that would be amazing.

Edit: Looking through my vault, I have a 98% Int/disc artifact with 38 int. That's pretty damn good. So I just have to reroll one of my gravitons until I hit 82 intellect and I'm good to go. Sweet.
Assuming I hit the int bubble I need 63 intellect which leaves me with a possible 29 points in str. That would be ideal, but I don't know if that is actually possible.
Assuming I hit the str bubble I need a 91% all-intellect roll. But then I only get 19 points in str. Ugh, too lazy to do the math now in my head if that works out for 2/5/5 or not.

Nice! Here is his blog link btw

http://vexmindloop.tumblr.com/

tumblr_o10zw2D16R1v5qzr1o1_r5_1280.gif

why am i losing 9 straight games of clash when my kd in that stretch was between 1.5 and 2? what the fuck is wrong with the matchmaking in this game? i didn't play destiny for several months, but during that time i heard they changed the matchmaking and it was better. so what is this garbage i've been seeing the last 3 weeks?

Deku Tree

Guess they couldn't figure how to to disable something to stop the glitch. Disabling cocoon would have been going too far. Cancelling trials is the right thing to do given that it would have been nothing but heavy spam.

I like how Bungie looks inward to their code instead of threatening to ban people.

phen0m24

PC hype
I ordered 16 more GB of RAM and want to grab a 1080 as well. HYPE bro

That depends on whether the flaw is in Coccoon (eg it accidentally triggers "active/global weapon" reload instead of the specific weapon) or CC (eg it detects any kind of magazine-filling as an active weapon reload instead of just the mag of the CC-weapon).

Given that active reload perks are much more common than non-equipped reload perks and it was only discovered now, i would bet the flaw is with clown cartridge. I dont think there are any non-equipped reload perks aside from coccoon which is why only this specific interaction triggers it.

It's definitely a Clown Cartridge fault, since nobody would have that equipped at 0 ammo. Which means it considers Cocoon an active reload.

Top Bottom