• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Damn. I was about to offer all of DGAF double carries to the light house too.

Edit:
OH SHIT
Someone has a printer

Ci3AIp-UUAEn_EG.jpg:large
It's happening isn't it

Liamc723

Two sources familiar with Bungie confirmed the authenticity of this poster to Kotaku tonight. The Rise of Iron expansion will feature a new raid (likely Fallen-themed) and will be larger than both year-one DLC packs, according to a source.

Aww yeah baby!

phen0m24

That's... a lot. lol

I was going to pick up 32. LOL

You know what though, for whatever reason, it would occasionally lock up on full screen video. I think that was possibly Nvidia drivers. (I have a quiet EVGA 750 Ti in it) But I figured more RAM can't hurt, and then the 1080, well, overkill.

Damn. I was about to offer all of DGAF double carries to the light house too.

Edit:
OH SHIT
Someone has a printer

Ci3AIp-UUAEn_EG.jpg:large

Are you actually carrying people tomorrow? I'm a bit rusty but I want the new emblem for going flawless. Wait Trials is canceled this week? Bleh, maybe next week?

Daemul

Destiny 2 rebooted? Lol what?

I'm not going to doubt Kotaku since everyone who has doubted them in regards to Destiny has been served massive crow, but damn that is huge. I'm guessing Destiny 2 is fall 2017 then, at the earliest?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is this like the gutting that happened to Destiny 1?

Why can't the devs just make a game and the publishers just publish the game?

I fear too many cooks in the kitchen is causing Destiny to be more of a clusterfuck than intended.

Destiny 2 rebooted? Lol what?

I'm not going to doubt Kotaku since everyone who has doubted them in regards to Destiny has been served massive crow, but damn that is huge. I'm guessing Destiny 2 is fall 2017 then, at the earliest?

For a reboot, I would hope longer than that. Releasing fall 2017 sounds like a half-baked project like the first one was.

For a reboot, I would hope longer than that. Releasing fall 2017 sounds like a half-baked project like the first one was.

"Reboot" in this sense could me restructuring the content and going back and doing a second pass on the stuff.

The only troubling part is that they've restructured the staff, which could really go either way.

Daemul

Yeah I was being conservative with that prediction, a fall 2017 release date would have me worried, though it depends on how much of a reboot it is, they don't necessarily have to be starting from scratch, it may be just a restructure.

EDIT:Beaten by Limbo

EDIT 2: Lol! @ that Goth tweet. The dude has learnt I see.

Mindlog

Is this like the gutting that happened to Destiny 1?

Why can't the devs just make a game and the publishers just publish the game?

I fear too many cooks in the kitchen is causing Destiny to be more of a clusterfuck than intended.
Destiny's issue seems to be a lot of talented cooks, but no menu.

Daemul

I wonder who got booted off the Directors chair for Destiny 2. Unless they got a promotion the salt must have been real.

Too hard to say what the so called reboot means. Like others have mentioned it could mean a variety of things in terms of restructuring. It isn't like they are wiping the slate clean and starting over. Look too at the original Destiny launch which had its story rebooted (for worse) a few months before release. I think the most likely thing that's happening is staff is being moved around to accommodate their ever changing roadmap. While Luke is at the wheel on Destiny 2 others have most likely been pulled off to focus on the content that will have to hold us over between this Fall and Destiny 2.

"Reboot" in this sense could me restructuring the content and going back and doing a second pass on the stuff.

The only troubling part is that they've restructured the staff, which could really go either way.

Yeah I was being conservative with that prediction, a fall 2017 release date would have me worried, though it depends on how much of a reboot it is, they don't necessarily have to be starting from scratch, it may be just a restructure.

True, they may have a lot already done, wouldn't be surprised to hear the game has 2+ years of full development already.

Just a little concerned since rumors imply they have (had?) shitty dev tools and Destiny 1 seems like it was a rework of existing content and we know how that went.

As long as the story has a good effort and the mission variety is improved, the game should do well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
With all the bad decisions as of late I think it's time to play other games, even for the hardcore players. Year one was a suceess. Year two is most likely going to be considered a failure. Year three and so forth is all up to them.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I guess now we know why Luke has forsaken us, dude must be crazy busy. Selfishly, I wished he'd be back with a bigger role on the raid team considering they haven't been the same since his promotion. CE and KF are packed with many quality moments but missing that VoG magic (although it's also speculation as to where that magic originated).

Clearly he's been doing incredible work and had his hands in a lot of Destiny's high points. TTK bungled some of the details but a lot of the high-level direction was a huge improvement from vanilla, especially the mid-game progression. Definitely felt Luke's presence in the broader TTK vision, and I'm very optimistic if he's now helming D2.

Deku Tree

L U K E !!!

Why are you saving the Cabal Raid on Mars for D2? What is this Fallen raid?

Jason's "fallen" tweet from last week has new meaning!

... Wait .., at some point they were planning a second y2 raid?

Top Bottom