• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WeTeHa

Guess they couldn't figure how to to disable something to stop the glitch. Disabling cocoon would have been going too far. Cancelling trials is the right thing to do given that it would have been nothing but heavy spam.

I like how Bungie looks inward to their code instead of threatening to ban people.

If you just fuck around with the bug a little bit people shouldn't be punished. But like that guy that was posted earlier who is playing doubles and murdering people every match and using equipment with the sole purpose of abusing the glitch and ruining the fun other people could have deserve to be banned imo.

How hard is it to shut off clown cartridge? They did it with quiver before, i don't see why they can't do it now and keep trials and IB going. Thank god for overwatch I guess.

Lee

How hard is it to shut off clown cartridge? They did it with quiver before, i don't see why they can't do it now and keep trials and IB going. Thank god for overwatch I guess.

Not the best example, as they cancelled trials for quiver as well, before hotfixing it the following week.

chur

Cancelling IB was a mistake. Bungie should've embraced the rockets. They should've made a mode with increased speed, decreased gravity, and unlimited rockets. They could've called it Super Aerobatic Rocket Powered Battle Champions.

:p ;)

Liamc723

If you just fuck around with the bug a little bit people shouldn't be punished. But like that guy that was posted earlier who is playing doubles and murdering people every match and using equipment with the sole purpose of abusing the glitch and ruining the fun other people could have deserve to be banned imo.

He hasn't manipulated or hacked the game to do it though.

Yeah it's exploiting a glitch, but it's Bungie's fault that it's there. Not a bannable offence.

Not the best example, as they cancelled trials for quiver as well, before hotfixing it the following week.
Was that before or after they removed quiver?
Edit: if they shut off CC, then there is no need to do all of the cancelling and delaying, it would fix the whole problem.

Mindlog

Lately, our Matchmaking Overlords (actual team name) have been looking into reports of longer than usual matchmaking times and increases in lag.
On Tuesday was when the weirdness really stepped up for me. Wait time for matches has increased significantly. I wonder if that's when they actually took the first pass at a change.

NeOak

For context:

Rocket Science

Heavy Ammunition is a rare commodity in the Crucible, and with good reason! There are few defenses against a well-aimed Rocket that lands squarely at your feet. We limit the deliveries of purple crates to the battlefield to make those explosive moments the highlight of a match.

When we learned that some Guardians had discovered a way to earn unlimited rockets, we knew it was time for a bug hunt. Rather than punish players for playing the game in a way we didn’t predict, we’ve been waging an investigation into our code. These things happen, so please don’t panic. We’re on the case - and we’ve slayed more dreaded bugs than these.

In the meantime, Trials of Osiris is cancelled for this weekend.

The thought of a Trials map being renamed “Rocket Town” sends a shiver up our spine. The esteemed Brother Vance will be ordered to stand down. Trials of Osiris will return of course - and that right soon - but we’re going to ensure that we can restore the Heavy economy to its usual balance.

We know this will come as a disappointment to some. Our hope is that it won’t be as disappointing as being denied a trip to the Lighthouse by an opponent with a Rocket Launcher that works like a clown car.

The same holding pattern applies to Iron Banner. Lord Saladin will be granted approach to the Tower once our work is done. Please watch this space for updates.

RIP

WeTeHa

He hasn't manipulated or hacked the game to do it though.

Yeah it's exploiting a glitch, but it's Bungie's fault that it's there. Not a bannable offence.

Honestly, I disagree. You are negatively affecting other players by exploiting something in the game. A little goofing around is fine and all, but heavily and repeatedly exploiting the glitch with the aim to continuously fuck over other people is in my opinion not a trivial offence.
Just because something is possible to exploit doesn't mean it's necessary to be a giant dick to other people.

Edit: though I'd be interested in what other people think about that.
Also, I'm not expecting bans, it's just something I feel would be fitting in extreme cases like the posted one.

Deku Tree

Honestly, I disagree. You are negatively affecting other players by exploiting something in the game. A little goofing around is fine and all, but heavily and repeatedly exploiting the glitch with the aim to continuously fuck over other people is in my opinion not a trivial offence.
Just because something is possible to exploit doesn't mean it's necessary to be a giant dick to other people.

Edit: though I'd be interested in what other people think about that.
Also, I'm not expecting bans, it's just something I feel would be fitting in extreme cases like the posted one.

They said in today's TWAB that they're gonna be putting temporary restrictions on accounts from specific activities.

ocean

Banned
Canceling Trials is so lame.

They disabled Quiver for weeks. They should have disabled Cocoon for some weeks while they fix this. KF weapons are so damn ugly that I don't think many people would miss them anyways, they're unusable with that disgusting flesh aesthetic.

They disabled Quiver for weeks. They should have disabled Cocoon for some weeks while they fix this. KF weapons are so damn ugly that I don't think many people would miss them anyways, they're unusable with that disgusting flesh aesthetic.

It's pambering to the Reddit crybabies as it's nowhere near the level of needing to cancel trials and IB

X-Frame

Not happy for the IB postponement.

Couldn't they just disable Clown Cartridge? Isn't that not available on Year 2 Rocket Launchers anyway? Is it on Year 2 Snipers?

Liamc723

yjt5daw.jpg

Now I like the look of that!

Welp, guess I'll have a lot more "free time" than usual this weekend. Understandable why they did it, even if I would've prefered they left it open and let the chips fall where they may. Of course some people would have been screwed and some people benefit unfairly but there would've been fun games as well.

Easy enough to inspect enemy load outs and rush them down asap if they had the proper gear to exploit the glitch. Oh well, there's always next weekend.

Welp, guess I'll have a lot more "free time" than usual this weekend. Understandable why they did it, even if I would've prefered they left it open and let the chips fall where they may. Of course some people would have been screwed and some people benefit unfairly but there would've been fun games as well.

Easy enough to inspect enemy load outs and rush them down asap if they had the proper gear to exploit the glitch. Oh well, there's always next weekend.

Yea, I'm sad but I guess we can rest this weekend without the need for a bubble bath :p

GunnerZ

Could be new IB stuff judging from the chest piece.

Edit: Maybe new PvP stuff that does with new IB gear?
I was thinking the same thing, if it is real it most likely to be a major IB thing which would be cool.

I don't think they would make an expansion base on PvP it self well a least I wouldn't think they would.

Perhaps it may turn out disabling a perk is more difficult than disabling a sub class node. If past changes to weapon perks tell us anything, it may involve editing every weapon that can roll that perk, or changing it to another perk. Non-trivial, it seems.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not happy for the IB postponement.

Couldn't they just disable Clown Cartridge? Isn't that not available on Year 2 Rocket Launchers anyway? Is it on Year 2 Snipers?

I agree they shouldve done that but no, I have a Dead Orbit Y2 (Ceres something?) RL with Clown Cartridge so they can definitely roll.

Hedera

It's Saladin in that picture, no? If it's real and has anything to do with the next expansion, he could be the main character that sends you on the story missions and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be necessarily PVP related.

Iceman829

Couldn't they just disable heavy ammo boxes? It's not like people need heavy ammo that bad. Just another round for them to strafe around sniping

It's Saladin in that picture, no? If it's real and has anything to do with the next expansion, he could be the main character that sends you on the story missions and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be necessarily PVP related.

I think it might be Jolder, not Saladin.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Even simpler

Have a primary with coccoon, CC on rocket

Shoot primary, switch weapons to RL. When coccoon procs, CC has a small percentage if proccing as well.

The issue likely is that coccoon somehow triggers a "reload" that triggers CC even though it should be specific to the primary, not the currently equipped weapon (the RL)

It's not guaranteed to work but shoot primary - switch weapons - wait 5 secs for coccoon to proc - rinse and repeat will eventually give you your rockets and if you can imagine, if it happens before the enemy can engage you (when you'll be at a disadvantage if you keep switching weapons to an empty RL), it's a hue advantage

Well I don't exactly know what the glitch is. People are just mentioning perks and rocket launchers

just a handful of posts above yours...

cc = clown cartridge

Top Bottom