• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

X-Frame

Was IB planned for this upcoming Tuesday or the following Tuesday?

If the latter, Bungie doesn't think they can get the fix out before then? Yikes, so potentially a couple weeks of this being around.

Luckily I played pubs last night without seeing it though.

Pretty good to see hype due to the image, hopefully something worth is shown on E3.

I've been trying to wrap my head trying to figure where the raids go in the story.
VoG has been referenced on HoW and TTK story missions, referencing that the Vanguard assault on that was successful, I'm guessing that when Ikora says that it means that Vanguard attack was made by you and your fireteam.

Crota, on the other hand in not particularly referenced on the story, I mean, we killed Crota, yes, but I took that was on the story mission, not on the raid itself, so am I be wrong?

PoE, well, is made available only after story missions are done, which is ok since we capture Skolas at the end. My only question regarding this is, is Skolas dead after level 35 or we just pretend to kill him just for fun?

King's Fall is not referenced at all, that is normal since we are still to get content after TTK, but on the last story bit of TTK we kill Oryx, he re-appers, laughs and then disintegrates. Am I missing any text that connects that last story mission to KF?

I wish that the raids explained why we are there in the first place so they feel more connected to the overall experience.

Eris has different post raid walk-by lines, as does the Cryptarch, but theyre vague. The Taken are still here, the next challenge, etc.

Speaking of, does anyone want to do KF CM? Still need a chestpiece.

WeTeHa

Eris has different post raid walk-by lines, as does the Cryptarch, but theyre vague. The Taken are still here, the next challenge, etc.

Speaking of, does anyone want to do KF CM? Still need a chestpiece.

CM is warpriest, he doesn't drop chestpieces. You have to do golg for that. I can join for 1 or 2 raids.

Looking at the poster it's clear to me in away that he took down the wall. Could it symbolize us leaving the confines of the cosmodrome? Can we now go to that place where that guy through that grenade and said we can go anywhere we want, but then couldn't cause he's a lying dirt face?

I want an Exotic Khvostov.

Frenden

Banned
Frenden!

The usual suspects are still here. It will be dead this weekend because of Trials being cancelled.

But, if you haven't seen yet, there was a leaked image of the next content drop called Rise of Iron.

Also, DOOM IS AMAZING. I know you. You will LOVE it.

I read about Trials. Iron Banner and it being gone this week is a real bummer! The next content drop doesn't appear to be Hive related, so I'm cool with that. I'll take Fallen or Cabal over Hive any day.

Doom looks fucking sick. I still have source port launchers and all Doom iWADs on my PCs for loading new levels, etc. Doom was easily my favorite childhood/young adult dude game, so the new one is a definite get. I'm just dreading the 55GB download on my shit internet. Boo.

Oh well lookie here!!!! Mah dude. You didn't bring home cats in your luggage I hope

Doom got middling reviews (the one I watched) but it looks sick.

YO. No cats from abroad made it into our luggage, haha. It seems like the MP brought down a lot of the scores but that folks who loved the original Doom dig the new SP. With Overwatch looking to be a good MP distraction, Doom being for SP/SnapMap shenanigans sounds good to me!

Refinanced mortgage is overdue and the wife is having an affair. Kids are in private school going to ivy, though.

SO DAD.

Oh hey guys what's going on today
Hey...
download

Is there any link or site that compiles different interesting character loadouts for PVP/PVE? Like khepri's sting + universal remote and stuff like that? I'm having a hard time finding something for my Warlock that makes it worth using. I've heard nothing manacles + scatter grenades is popular.

Arrrammis

Pretty good to see hype due to the image, hopefully something worth is shown on E3.

I've been trying to wrap my head trying to figure where the raids go in the story.
VoG has been referenced on HoW and TTK story missions, referencing that the Vanguard assault on that was successful, I'm guessing that when Ikora says that it means that Vanguard attack was made by you and your fireteam.

Crota, on the other hand in not particularly referenced on the story, I mean, we killed Crota, yes, but I took that was on the story mission, not on the raid itself, so am I be wrong?

PoE, well, is made available only after story missions are done, which is ok since we capture Skolas at the end. My only question regarding this is, is Skolas dead after level 35 or we just pretend to kill him just for fun?

King's Fall is not referenced at all, that is normal since we are still to get content after TTK, but on the last story bit of TTK we kill Oryx, he re-appers, laughs and then disintegrates. Am I missing any text that connects that last story mission to KF?

I wish that the raids explained why we are there in the first place so they feel more connected to the overall experience.
VoG happens, I assume, after we destroy the heart of the black garden, and before Crota shows up. However, since they Vex can control time within the Vault, we killed Atheon already, and yet we haven't fought him, and we are currently fighting him. Yay time travel issues!

I don't think we killed Crota in any story mission (we killed a bunch of his high ranking troops, including Omnigul, but not him). Eris showed up, we killed Crota's generals, and then in the raid we entered his fortress/dimension to kill Crota himself.

I believe that we killed Skolas for good in the 35 PoE, there's no way that I know of for a fallen to come back from the dead.

At the end of the Regicide mission (where you fight Oryx himself), Oryx knows he's beaten, so he "takes" himself. When that happens, he goes back into his original dimension (I think, lore is weird), where he sets up a gauntlet to challenge the guardians, then end them once and for all. That's the KF raid. It doesn't end well for him though, because we kill him, but then we don't take his place, so there's a huge power vacuum, which some schmuck tries to fill, giving us the April update. We kill said Schmuck in the new strike, and now the taken are still here with no leader.

As far as order, pretty much the order that the raids were released is the order that they happened. That is all I know up to the present day, we'll see what the fall update brings!

Is there any link or site that compiles different interesting character loadouts for PVP/PVE? Like khepri's sting + universal remote and stuff like that? I'm having a hard time finding something for my Warlock that makes it worth using. I've heard nothing manacles + scatter grenades is popular.

Voidwalker - as much Int/Disc as you can get and use scatter grenades/manacles
Sunsinger - Disc/Str and either Voidfang or Claws
Stormcaller Int/Str and either Impossible machines or Claws

darknil

VoG happens, I assume, after we destroy the heart of the black garden, and before Crota shows up. However, since they Vex can control time within the Vault, we killed Atheon already, and yet we haven't fought him, and we are currently fighting him. Yay time travel issues!

I don't think we killed Crota in any story mission (we killed a bunch of his high ranking troops, including Omnigul, but not him). Eris showed up, we killed Crota's generals, and then in the raid we entered his fortress/dimension to kill Crota himself.

I believe that we killed Skolas for good in the 35 PoE, there's no way that I know of for a fallen to come back from the dead.

At the end of the Regicide mission (where you fight Oryx himself), Oryx knows he's beaten, so he "takes" himself. When that happens, he goes back into his original dimension (I think, lore is weird), where he sets up a gauntlet to challenge the guardians, then end them once and for all. That's the KF raid. It doesn't end well for him though, because we kill him, but then we don't take his place, so there's a huge power vacuum, which some schmuck tries to fill, giving us the April update. We kill said Schmuck in the new strike, and now the taken are still here with no leader.

As far as order, pretty much the order that the raids were released is the order that they happened. That is all I know up to the present day, we'll see what the fall update brings!

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I think either way it's weird. About Crota, The Wakening we 'kill' the Soul of Crota, in there, we get a piece of Crota that Eris thinks has the essence to become ascendant, it doesn't have so we go to the funeral in the throne world. What confuses me more is that Ghost is always confused about the places the raid takes place when we visit them in story missions, that's where I feel the disconnect.

I guess that in VoG they didn't had Dinklage to record lines during the development of the raid and maybe they went on with it as a tradition?

I really wish they setup better future raids and the aftermath

Arrrammis

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I think either way it's weird. About Crota, The Wakening we 'kill' the Soul of Crota, in there, we get a piece of Crota that Eris thinks has the essence to become ascendant, it doesn't have so we go to the funeral in the throne world. What confuses me more is that Ghost is always confused about the places the raid takes place when we visit them in story missions, that's where I feel the disconnect.

I guess that in VoG they didn't had Dinklage to record lines during the development of the raid and maybe they went on with it as a tradition?

I really wish they setup better future raids and the aftermath
Yeah, I also really hope they make more setup in-game for all of the endgame stuff. There's almost no setup for Trials or Iron Banner either, I want to know why they want guardians to fight each other now. I think VoG was honestly a last minute addition, launch came around and they hadn't completed it as they wanted, so they dropped all of the connections and lore so that they could finish the gameplay, and then they came back a while later to try to make connections in the grimoire.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Trials of Ol Cyrus.

Basically you and two other guardians play every single mode in the crucible playlist of the week and rack up kills, etc. Another set of three guardians does the same. Whichever group does better is considered the winner. Winners gets to go to 7-11 and get themselves a pineapple slurpee and point and laugh at the other team. And all the while you have to listen to Miley Cyrus songs during the matches.

Trials of Ol Cyrus.

Basically you and two other guardians play every single mode in the crucible playlist of the week and rack up kills, etc. Another set of three guardians does the same. Whichever group does better is considered the winner. Winners gets to go to 7-11 and get themselves a pineapple slurpee and point and laugh at the other team. And all the while you have to listen to Miley Cyrus songs during the matches.

Pre or post crazy Miley? Kinda a deal breaker.

Top Bottom