• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

So I am going to be living away from home 2 weeks in 5 with work. I don't think moving my PS4 between home and my new apartment is going to be feasible so I will be looking at buying a second PS4 and obviously a TV / monitor to go with it.

As this is going to be a second TV I don't want to spend too much so I'm limiting it to no more than £200. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking a monitor might be better but any advice is appreciated. Any size is good above 26"

It is mainly going to be used for the PS4 so not bothered about TV picture quality.

phen0m24

So I am going to be living away from home 2 weeks in 5 with work. I don't think moving my PS4 between home and my new apartment is going to be feasible so I will be looking at buying a second PS4 and obviously a TV / monitor to go with it.

As this is going to be a second TV I don't want to spend too much so I'm limiting it to no more than £200. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking a monitor might be better but any advice is appreciated. Any size is good above 26"

It is mainly going to be used for the PS4 so not bothered about TV picture quality.

Tiro I have the 27" version of this but it's $259.

The $24 is under $200

Edit: Just realized you're looking in pounds so not knowing what the conversion rate is, or if Amazon UK carries the same monitor offerings. I got it because 1ms response time

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HSKSMI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Tiro I have the 27" version of this but it's $259.

The $24 is under $200

Edit: Just realized you're looking in pounds so not knowing what the conversion rate is, or if Amazon UK carries the same monitor offerings. I got it because 1ms response time

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HSKSMI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah I saw that one when I was on Amazon earlier. Both the 27" and 24" come in at under £200 which is perfect. I was looking at monitors with the 1ms response time. Mainly to see how much of a difference it makes compared to my TV at home which is going to be due an upgrade once 4K has some affordable fast response options available.

Have you found it made much of a difference playing Destiny having the lower refresh rate? I can really only think of it being beneficial in PVP?

phen0m24

Yeah I saw that one when I was on Amazon earlier. Both the 27" and 24" come in at under £200 which is perfect. I was looking at monitors with the 1ms response time. Mainly to see how much of a difference it makes compared to my TV at home which is going to be due an upgrade once 4K has some affordable fast response options available.

Have you found it made much of a difference playing Destiny having the lower refresh rate? I can really only think of it being beneficial in PVP?

I'll be honest Tiro, WipedOut said it improved his game. I do ok but the monitor isn't making up for my bad decision making in pvp. :p

The one thing I'll say is the one I have: the height is NOT adjustable, (booooo) and the volume is a pain to turn up and down. There isn't a remote like a tv. I honestly think having a tv prior to the monitor made me spoiled. Volume up or down, color changes, input changes - much much easier with a remote. But if you're JUST playing PS4, and if you kind of "set it and forget it" the BenQ is a good monitor.

This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RORBPCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'll be honest Tiro, WipedOut said it improved his game. I do ok but the monitor isn't making up for my bad decision making in pvp. :p

The one thing I'll say is the one I have: the height is NOT adjustable, (booooo) and the volume is a pain to turn up and down. There isn't a remote like a tv. I honestly think having a tv prior to the monitor made me spoiled. Volume up or down, color changes, input changes - much much easier with a remote. But if you're JUST playing PS4, and if you kind of "set it and forget it" the BenQ is a good monitor.

This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RORBPCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers dude. I use a headset when playing so volume control is a non-issue. Monitor does seem the best way to go. I'm also guilty of terrible decision making in pvp but even if I get a small improvement it should help. I did notice an improvement in my crucible performance when I upgraded from regular broadband to Fibre. So hopefully this will give me a noticeable improvement.

All faction exotics get! Finally. I have all the exotics.

I'm still missing 1 shader, two faction ships, and some PVP grimoire. Honestly, I think I'm good for now lol

amar212

Pro Tip:

It totally matters what your overall light is when you're infusing a gear in terms of % of stats.

Ex: I had gloves that were 310 @ 92%, I infused to 330 and % went down to 88% because I was like 300 Light overall. I did this 2 more times and all 3 times % went DOWN.

Then I made myself 333 overall, infused 2 things up and BOTH % went up.

Fuck the what.

It makes so much sense, but it makes no sense. But now I see why so many of items I infused didn't gain as much as others. Thank you for the science, but the bitternes is so big now.

Since no trials this weekend, are you interested in getting a group together for an XB1 raid to get some infusion fuel?

Yo, I'm definitely up for an X1 raid sometime this weekend if the schedules align. I should be around today/tonight, I'll just keep an eye on the thread and see what's up. Only have the one character but don't mind doing multiple runs or multiple CMs, whatever people want.

Kings Raid - I want to do a full run, but if there is enough opposition we don't have to.
I'm thinking Saturday around 4pm est - subject to change, if needed.

Pandora <--- Super awesome <------ Bailing her own raid.....
WeTeHa <--- Suffers from weta net
E92 M3 <----- Hmmm don't know
Kojirospath <---- Rusty apparently, the jumping puzzle will be amazing. I cannot wait.
ThingontheFloor <------ Can't afford business class
hedera_ <------ Just wants to do jumping puzzle....too bad, it is everything or nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: We are full

Alt: sMs104 <---- Seems confidant in their jumping ability. We shall see...
Alt: BiGBoSSMk23 <------ total noob, hopefully no one minds.

So ugh this is embarrassing. I don't believe I can make my own raid. Yay family....
Never fear! You guys have alts! Also, if it does go into the night, I might be able to jump in and help. Ugh family, mess'n with my raid.

All faction exotics get! Finally. I have all the exotics.

I'm still missing 1 shader, two faction ships, and some PVP grimoire. Honestly, I think I'm good for now lol

I'm slowly working on the Faction Exotics. My Hunter has the Dead Orbit cloak, and is currently rank 18 with New Monarchy, so in about a months time I should have that one.

My Warlock has the New Monarchy bond and is on its way to the FWC one. My Titan has the FWC towel and is on his way to getting the New Monarchy one. The only faction items I need are the NM and FWC Y2 ships. They just refuse to drop.

I'm missing a couple of the Vanguard strike emblems and maybe 1 or 2 shaders. Missing loads of ships that I'm waiting on Amanda to sell (rare ones are like rocking horse ****)

Can guarantee I will have all of those things before I get Zen Meteor to drop!

Matchmaking taking minutes to find a game :(
Rip the dream

Anybody remember how fast and amazing CoD4 matchamking was?

You always found a game in like 20 seconds. Once you found a game the entire group would stay together, but it would switch around the teams every game so it wasn't always a massacre.

Joining a game in progress never felt like a slap in the face because you knew the teams would be fixed at the end of the match.

E92 M3

You always found a game in like 20 seconds. Once you found a game the entire group would stay together, but it would switch around the teams every game so it wasn't always a massacre.

Joining a game in progress never felt like a slap in the face because you knew the teams would be fixed at the end of the match.

It was amazing, MW2 was also tons of fun. Just craziness nonstop.

Hedera

So ugh this is embarrassing. I don't believe I can make my own raid. Yay family....
Never fear! You guys have alts! Also, if it does go into the night, I might be able to jump in and help. Ugh family, mess'n with my raid.
What will we do now without your crucible boosters? No but seriously, not sure if postponing a couple hours would be an option for you and everyone else?

I was too busy capping my smash that I didn't end up recording that.

I have my moments.
KrR1RJ.gif
This is some serious r rated stuff :p

Ah, those were the days! The only good thing about the load times and matchmaking in Destiny mean that it gives me enough time to do odd jobs around the house whilst the next match loads in.

My record so far is hoovering 4 rooms and still being back before the match started!

Axoman

Yo, I'm definitely up for an X1 raid sometime this weekend if the schedules align. I should be around today/tonight, I'll just keep an eye on the thread and see what's up. Only have the one character but don't mind doing multiple runs or multiple CMs, whatever people want.

I've got at least 3-4 ready to go tonight if you want to run. Hoping to start about 9:30-10pm EST.

Yeah, it's so dumb with the faction ships. I reached Rank 25 3X times for FWC and NM and am still missing, arguably, the two coolest ships from Y2.

Yeah, everything else dropped so quickly after the update. Now all I get is the bloody HMG from NM every other rank up and bad roll armour from FWC.

Ah, those were the days! The only good thing about the load times and matchmaking in Destiny mean that it gives me enough time to do odd jobs around the house whilst the next match loads in.

My record so far is hoovering 4 rooms and still being back before the match started!

You should tweet that to Deej :p

WeTeHa

What will we do now without your crucible boosters? No but seriously, not sure if postponing a couple hours would be an option for you and everyone else?

We can do a run at 4 pm whit an alt and depending on when pandora shows up another one with her.

X-Frame

You can have mine, Rangefinder, reinforced barrel and luck in the chamber. I've had lots of fun with it in Crucible and hope some day handcanons lose the phantom bullets.

Wowwwww. Yup, that's definitely a god-roll. Hope you have that thing locked.

I haven't had a single Eyasluna drop on Xbox or PS4 - never!

I've gotten a few but each one has at least a crappy or mediocre perk unfortunately.

Wowwwww. Yup, that's definitely a god-roll. Hope you have that thing locked.

I've gotten a few but each one has at least a crappy or mediocre perk unfortunately.

The other day I got sureshot, rangefinder and hammer forged my first one to drop with any sort of range perk :D

It's legit and beats out my LHF with rifled, still not as good as Thorn though, imo

TURBO1112

Have a friend that wants to get back into this. She has the base game. I know The Taken King includes all previous DLC. My question is about the Legendary edition on Amazon. It says it includes the Taken King and only cost $30.00. But it cost like $50 to buy just the taken King add on on Live. Is there a difference?

Skele7on

Banned
Have a friend that wants to get back into this. She has the base game. I know The Taken King includes all previous DLC. My question is about the Legendary edition on Amazon. It says it includes the Taken King and only cost $30.00. But it cost like $50 to buy just the taken King add on on Live. Is there a difference?

Buy off amazon it's only a code on live.

I've got at least 3-4 ready to go tonight if you want to run. Hoping to start about 9:30-10pm EST.

Yeah I should be cool for that. Doing just CM or a full raid? Multiple runs or just one character?

Nah, it's the same thing, just much cheaper to buy on Amazon. The only reason to buy the through Live would be if you really want a digital version instead of physical copy from Amazon.

Deku Tree

Buy off amazon it's only a code on live.

Yeah I should be cool for that. Doing just CM or a full raid? Multiple runs or just one character?

Nah, it's the same thing, just much cheaper to buy on Amazon. The only reason to buy the through Live would be if you really want a digital version instead of physical copy from Amazon.

I thought the Only thing on the disk is vanilla even in the TTK legendary edition. Everything else is a code. Anyway Amazon has everything and it's cheaper.

Retail is usually cheaper than digital unless there is a sale.

Top Bottom