• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

If they have year one digital then they'll only need the code though..

Yeah true that, op just said they had the base game so if it's a digital copy they'll be good to go. Physical doesn't bother me at all since I rarely switch games but I know it's important to some people.

If they have year one digital then they'll only need the code though.

It should do though :)

Yeah trying it out on stream later.

I've got a max range one as well

Cibb2YKWEAElSF-.jpg

PC+1 beats it all ends up

Edit Are you playing in the tourney today?

Reishiki

Banned
I decided to hop on the Destiny train thanks to a cheap copy of the TTK Legendary Edition. I haven't played a shooter on consoles in ages, so I've been all sorts of bad.

I hear there's a clan system, but my PSN tag is totally different from my GAF username, am I screwed?

About to run the nightfall 3 times. Question...How the hell do you get exotic shards now? just dismantled two exotics and now shards, just weapon materials.

BLCKATK

Any raids going on today/tonight? Just realized the only calcified fragment I'm missing on my Titan is Warpriest, and I could always use more gear.

Vic_Viper

That DLC poster is sick, love that Axe! Is that a Titan? Still haven't touched Destiny since TTK but I will be back for this.

Luke Smith taking the reigns as Director is insane! Can't believe he went from 1UP to director at Bungie lol, that's awesome.

I decided to hop on the Destiny train thanks to a cheap copy of the TTK Legendary Edition. I haven't played a shooter on consoles in ages, so I've been all sorts of bad.

I hear there's a clan system, but my PSN tag is totally different from my GAF username, am I screwed?

Nah, that's not a problem. My PSN and Gaf name are different, same for lots of people. Very few people actually use the clan system honestly, most people just use this thread or some popular websites for LFG. You can find the LFG websites linked in the OP.

That said, there's also a Gaf clan list in the OP although it still needs to be updated since some of those clans are outdated. Bottom line though is that the game is pretty dead nowadays so it can be hard to find people to play with around here right now.

About to run the nightfall 3 times. Question...How the hell do you get exotic shards now? just dismantled two exotics and now shards, just weapon materials.

Dismantling exotics still gives shards. Just make sure your materials weren't full or something like that.

That DLC poster is sick, love that Axe! Is that a Titan? Still haven't touched Destiny since TTK but I will be back for this.

Luke Smith taking the reigns as Director is insane! Can't believe he went from 1UP to director at Bungie lol, that's awesome.

Yep, that's a Titan. Most people think it's Lord Saladin (who runs Iron Banner) but I'm not a lore-guy.

Getting my first apartment ever soon kinda nervous, but excited. Looking at my budget I'll not be spending on cable, but I'll have enough for decent internet. I need some advice tho. What's the average for a good connection speed for gaming? 60mbs?

Pretty sure it's Lord Salad.

Reishiki

Banned
Nah, that's not a problem. My PSN and Gaf name are different, same for lots of people. Very few people actually use the clan system honestly, most people just use this thread or some popular websites for LFG. You can find the LFG websites linked in the OP.

Good to know, thanks.

Getting my first apartment ever soon kinda nervous, but excited. Looking at my budget I'll not be spending on cable, but I'll have enough for decent internet. I need some advice tho. What's the average for a good connection speed for gaming? 60mbs?

60 mbs is plenty, just made sure it's wired instead of wireless. That will make a bigger difference than paying more for a faster speed.

darthbob

Upstream bandwidth is also important for PvP. Anything >10Mb/s should be great.

Axoman

Count me in for the X1 raids if you need a 6th, I'm running a couple on PS4 around 4PM hopefully so the time is good for me.

Cool, thanks. I think at this point we have six, I can send you an Xbox live message later tonight if we have a no show.

Yeah I should be cool for that. Doing just CM or a full raid? Multiple runs or just one character?

I think we are up for a full run and maybe a second challenge mode. Depends on what everyone wants to do I guess.

Deku Tree

omg 60mbs is ridiculously fast for gaming. I would think that you cap out seeing any real benefits to online gaming once you have a solid 15-20mbs both up and down (other than faster speed to download your patches) but that's just a guess.

EDIT: yeah like what darthbob said.

60 mbs is plenty, just made sure it's wired instead of wireless. That will make a bigger difference than paying more for a faster speed.

Upstream bandwidth is also important for PvP. Anything >10Mb/s should be great.

omg 60mbs is ridiculously fast for gaming. I would think that you cap out seeing any real benefits to online gaming once you have a solid 15-20mbs both up and down (other than faster speed to download your patches) but that's just a guess.

EDIT: yeah like what darthbob said.
Thanks guys 👍🏻
I'll keep it in mind.

nowai

Looking for one for Warpriest challenge mode on PS4.

It would also be pretty boss if anyone happened to have a totems or WP checkpoint.

PSN sunvsthemoon

Hey everyone, been away for a few weeks and only managed to get one of my characters to 326 before I stopped due to IRL stuff. What should I be attempting to get gear as consistently as possible?

Hey everyone, been away for a few weeks and only managed to get one of my characters to 326 before I stopped due to IRL stuff. What should I be attempting to get gear as consistently as possible?

Everything.

KF, CoE, Nightfall, Faction rank ups.

Do the CM first since you'll get guaranteed 335 special/heavy and artifact. Then faction rank ups for up to 330 gear. Then move on to CoE and Nightfall.

You can farm CoE for Ghost, Class item and HoW exotic weapons up to 335.
You can farm Nightfall for boss drops - gauntlets and primary up to 335.

Everything.

KF, CoE, Nightfall, Faction rank ups.

Do the CM first since you'll get guaranteed 335 special/heavy and artifact. Then faction rank ups for up to 330 gear. Then move on to CoE and Nightfall.

You can farm CoE for Ghost, Class item and HoW exotic weapons up to 335.
You can farm Nightfall for boss drops - gauntlets and primary up to 335.

Ty Ruthless!

Ty Ruthless!

Just make sure to always have your highest light gear equipped whenever you do anything, since the "smart loot" system will give you drops up to +6 LL above your current character level. Honestly it's really easy to level up for this update. HM KF with challenge mode gives tons of high LL infusion fodder.

I had a dream about Destiny last night.

A new raid came out and I was apart of the groups that were trying to finish it before a complete guide came out. . it was more of a nightmare.

Clicked to the end and landed on the part when ZW was arguing that he didn't detonate his blight after the text had popped up, FailFish. Man, that was a stressful day that took about twice as long as it should have. Still, it's funny to see the goofy stuff we're trying since we don't know any better. At the end the Shade slams three times because we keep tethering him, lol. Blind raids are the best.

ocean

Banned
Clicked to the end and landed on the part when ZW was arguing that he didn't detonate his blight after the text had popped up, FailFish. Man, that was a stressful day that took about twice as long as it should have. Still, it's funny to see the goofy stuff we're trying since we don't know any better. At the end the Shade slams three times because we keep tethering him, lol. Blind raids are the best.
My blind group never figured out the platforms. IIRC we were super quick to Daughters since we got Super lucky with Golgoroth and beat it before most people did (and thus making up for our slow Warpriest).

But holy hell did Daughters seem impossible. Hours stuck there. We had no clue why there would be a floating orb sometimes and not others, we kept thinking we had to jump on all platforms simultaneously and attributed "there's no floating ball to follow!!" To mismatched platform landings or lag.

Frustrating as hell but honestly Raids are amazing experiences the first 2-3 times, most specially the first ever.

X-Frame

My blind group never figured out the platforms. IIRC we were super quick to Daughters since we got Super lucky with Golgoroth and beat it before most people did (and thus making up for our slow Warpriest).

But holy hell did Daughters seem impossible. Hours stuck there. We had no clue why there would be a floating orb sometimes and not others, we kept thinking we had to jump on all platforms simultaneously and attributed "there's no floating ball to follow!!" To mismatched platform landings or lag.

Frustrating as hell but honestly Raids are amazing experiences the first 2-3 times, most specially the first ever.

That was tons of fun man!

I'm definitely making sure I'm off from work for every future raid release so that I can run it blind again. I had so much fun.

Next time though, I need to make sure I have more food handy! We went 12 hours I think before we stopped for the day.

I still can't believe how long we took at Golgoroth. Mistakes were made.

UberLevi

So being the scrub that I am, I decided to ignore taking the Crucible bounty to be top of the leaderboard for a match.

Then I do this.

I went back and got the bounty.
And then played like shit.

I still can't believe how long we took at Golgoroth. Mistakes were made.

Our run was frustrating because we figured out the encounters quickly but our execution was laughable. We cleared Totems in <1 hour, then Ruthless got DC'ed so that put us behind a bit. Even with that, it was only ~2 hours to clear Warpriest. On Golgi, we nailed down a solid two-gazer strat, but our execution was a nightmarish trainwreck. People kept forgetting the basic details even after hours of wipes, Vaal went afk during a great run because his dog got loose... it was rough. Took 5+ hours to finish him and World's First was already done.

Daughters on the other hand barely took more than an hour. For whatever reason we were locked in on that encounter. The problems for Oryx were (1) the LL jump was tough since most of us didn't get good drops, (2) some people were running out of steam, and (3) tensions started mounting due to the long hours and many wipes. It took maybe 6 hours to finish since we had to take breaks, replace people, etc. We were still the first Gaf team to finish but only through superior perseverance since multiple teams reached Oryx first but everyone else quit early.

Overall I'd rate my blind raid experiences as: VoG >>>>>>>> KF >>>>> CE (reached Crota before World's First finished then learned hours later that a Lv31 was required to run sword. I've hated Crota ever since).

#1 Aussie sub in right there at then end :p

lol true that. Here's the video where we actually killed Oryx:

https://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive/v/17541658

At 15:30 we died to his Last Stand, but only took another 30 minutes to finish him off.

SItting at a Warpriest checkpoint in KF Hard Mode. Anyone want to do the weekly challenge and beyond? Would need a full group of five more.

PSN - lewismistreated1

Top Bottom