• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

It is becoming harder and harder to know if it is a result of Bungie messing with settings, or if it is the ever decreasing playerbase that are making matches laggier and sweatier than ever.

It is becoming harder and harder to know if it is a result of Bungie messing with settings, or if it is the ever decreasing playerbase that are making matches laggier and sweatier than ever.
Or a combination of both.

On another note, I haven't seen this rocket glitch once since it's become a thing, just like the quiver glitch. I don't know if other people are having worse luck than me, but for me it's like it's not even a thing.

WeTeHa

On another note, I haven't seen this rocket glitch once since it's become a thing, just like the quiver glitch. I don't know if other people are having worse luck than me, but for me it's like it's not even a thing.

Seen it once in one of the dailies I did for marks. I imagine it's not really a problem in 6v6, though I guess it can be annoying in 3v3 and sucky in 2v2.

Seen it once in one of the dailies I did for marks. I imagine it's not really a problem in 6v6, though I guess it can be annoying in 3v3 and sucky in 2v2.
Yeah, I guess it would be less common in 6v6, don't play much 3v3 anyway, it's even more sweaty than 6v6.

If you want real sweat go into the doubles playlist! 90% of the games I have played in it have been decided by whoever got the final kill in a match.

So glad I grinded out my skirmish wins back in the HoW era. I still have Salvage to do, but I just wait until it's the daily then farm it with the randoms proving easy targets.

Doubles however is going to take forever unless crimson doubles makes a return at some point

Trakan

They stealth fiddled with it again, denied that they had (again) but introduced new settings (again) on Thursday

Unless they bite the bullet and reset to HoWs settings the crucible will die out

It's already taken such a dive, they don't care. They'd rather go off data and let people deal with lag, a smaller playerbase, and SBMM.

So, I just got back into Destiny and I'm really itching to complete all the available content I have left and go for the platinum.

is there a Gaf clan I can join? or something like that.

The first post in the OT has a list of clans, but at the minute we are in a lul. Numbers are decreasing as we've exhausted the content so it's only really a core few who play regularly until the next content drop.

Your best bet is to post in here with whatever activity it is you want to do and get a few people to help you out. You'll soon get a decent amount of people on your friends list and easily make your way through all the content.

My PSN is same as GAF if you want to add me. I'm UK and normally on during the evenings but I work shifts so I can be on at weird times as well which makes playing with gaffers easier.

What in the FUCK. So thats why i had so many deaths that game.

I was afk and you chose me to be a guinea pig ;_;

That melee is quite literally broken. Dont know how the guy that designed it can look at this and think "yep, working as intended". Its a MELEE for gods sake.

Tbf its all we've got, it will never got old mapping people with it though

It's already taken such a dive, they don't care. They'd rather go off data and let people deal with lag, a smaller playerbase, and SBMM.

What I find odd, is internally they must give a fuck but the outward impression (and what they do) screams don't give a fuck/we've given up

Shiv47

I didn't expect hitting 335 on all characters to kill my interest in playing, but that's what it seems to have done. There's really nothing left to chase or do other than a couple exotic weapons I never got, and at this point, I may as well just give up and buy them once the PS exclusive period ends (thanks RNG). Kings Fall is boring as shit, and I have no interest in the Crucible sweat fest. So aside from playing with a friend now and again...I guess that's it? Feels weird. I guess I can finally dig into that backlog.

I played a ton of Banner when the quiver glitch was active and it was freaking rampant for our fireteam. We had a serious 6-man train rolling and the only games we lost were teams that abused it and chained orbs like mad into golden guns and nova bombs. We beat some scummy teams but only if they didn't know how to properly abuse the glitch, it was totally broken in the "right" hands.

That said I haven't played any Crucible since the rocket glitch went viral. I'd guess it's less common since you need the proper gear as opposed to every Hunter that had easy access to quiver.

But Mantis said that games being too competitive isn't a problem. Because lag and and competitiveness aren't related. There's no trade-off between CB and SB MM.

As that popular saying goes: "it's totally possible to have your cake and eat it too."

WipedOut

I played a ton of Banner when the quiver glitch was active and it was freaking rampant for our fireteam. We had a serious 6-man train rolling and the only games we lost were teams that abused it and chained orbs like mad into golden guns and nova bombs. We beat some scummy teams but only if they didn't know how to properly abuse the glitch, it was totally broken in the "right" hands.

That said I haven't played any Crucible since the rocket glitch went viral. I'd guess it's less common since you need the proper gear as opposed to every Hunter that had easy access to quiver.

But Mantis said that games being too competitive isn't a problem. Because lag and and competitiveness aren't related. There's no trade-off between CB and SB MM.

As that popular saying goes: "it's totally possible to have your cake and eat it too."

How is this CC glitch working? Cryptarch gave me a RL with it last night lol

How is this CC glitch working? Cryptarch gave me a RL with it last night lol

Basically you need a raid weapon with Cocoon and a rocket launcher with Clown Cartridge. Fire off a round from the raid weapon, then switch weapons. When Cocoon proc's it also triggers the chance for CC to work (CC doesn't work every time it's triggered so the same applies here). From what I understand you can use a raid primary and secondary and just keep firing a primary shot, switch to secondary and fire a shot, wait for primary cocoon to proc then switch back to primary and fire again, wait for secondary cocoon to proc, etc etc.

Of course only scumbags would abuse this glitch.... you're not a scumbag now are you Wiped? >_> *suspicious face*

WipedOut

Basically you need a raid weapon with Cocoon and a rocket launcher with Clown Cartridge. Fire off a round from the raid weapon, then switch weapons. When Cocoon proc's it also triggers the chance for CC to work (CC doesn't work every time it's triggered so the same applies here). From what I understand you can use a raid primary and secondary and just keep firing a primary shot, switch to secondary and fire a shot, wait for primary cocoon to proc then switch back to primary and fire again, wait for secondary cocoon to proc, etc etc.

Of course only scumbags would abuse this glitch.... you're not a scumbag now are you Wiped? >_> *suspicious face*

No just curious, I already sharded the RL

I didn't expect hitting 335 on all characters to kill my interest in playing, but that's what it seems to have done. There's really nothing left to chase or do other than a couple exotic weapons I never got, and at this point, I may as well just give up and buy them once the PS exclusive period ends (thanks RNG). Kings Fall is boring as shit, and I have no interest in the Crucible sweat fest. So aside from playing with a friend now and again...I guess that's it? Feels weird. I guess I can finally dig into that backlog.

I didn't try to chase 335 heavily. I'm good around 333 and 334 but I now want the highest to try to get tier 12 with the right perks. It's fun trying to maximize rolls and perk. I just wish we had the Division's reroll mechanic of being able to choose 1 stat/perk to reroll which would make it so much better. The majority of things get sharded because they have 1+ perks that are bad.

Shiv47

I didn't try to chase 335 heavily. I'm good around 333 and 334 but I now want the highest to try to get tier 12 with the right perks. It's fun trying to maximize rolls and perk. I just wish we had the Division's reroll mechanic of being able to choose 1 stat/perk to reroll which would make it so much better. The majority of things get sharded because they have 1+ perks that are bad.

Oh, I didn't chase it heavily, I mean it took me five weeks after the update, I think? I could try to optimize my builds I guess, but as I don't play PvP with any real gusto, it doesn't seem like a good use of time for me. I do have armor piling up though, so at some point I guess I'll have to go through it and figure out what to keep. Do any of the apps max out a build for you, beyond just one stat? Bungie's only does one, but I'd love to be able to have something figure it out for me.

Trakan

I really liked how he said there wasn't skill based matchmaking and then contradicted himself in the very next sentence.

Destiny MM doesn't "favor" skill over connection. In a nutshell, we attempt to find the best connections within a skill range, and if we can't find a good match, we expand the skill range and try again.

Done for the weekend.

o1JjWVc.png

I've seen it firsthand since my friend does it occasionally. I played Salvage with him and he got hate mail for doing it. It's so weird seeing the first kill of the game being a triple rocket kill because the other team is not expecting it.

Axoman

If anyone on xbox wants to run a CoE later just let me know.
I will probably be on later tonight if you want to run any then.

I thought XBox players were supposed to be better Kappa
that 4-wipe Totems tho...

All the strong players were on the left side! Haha.

My offer sill stands to run PvE stuff on that character if you want, otherwise like you said, another raid and you'll be good. Golgo could be very helpful next week.

The better ones have already moved to PS4 kappa.

1v1 me bro in black ops bro.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If any Xbox peeps want to do CoE this afternoon shoot me a message. I need to do all three characters still.

Friends list is a barren wasteland this week.

X-Frame

I'm positive Control has different settings to everything else

That'd be interesting.

Also, I wonder if SBMM uses an Account-wide super-secret combat rating to matchmake, as opposed to a Character-specific combat rating. For example, if I'm the most experienced and play best on my Titan, does the game still use the same SBMM for me when I am sucking it up tremendously on my Hunter? Oh well, no use dwelling on it too much since Bungie doesn't want to give any details on how it works.

shermas

Do I have to unlock Shaxx's weekly bounties on all 3 guys? I think I'm at different stages of all his quests across all 3 toons... Can I finish them up on my main and have his weekly unlock for all of them?

Axoman

Do I have to unlock Shaxx's weekly bounties on all 3 guys? I think I'm at different stages of all his quests across all 3 toons... Can I finish them up on my main and have his weekly unlock for all of them?

You just need to finish on one character to unlock them for all.

shermas

You just need to finish on one character to unlock them for all.

Okay, thank you. I accepted the first 'faction' quest on my warlock and almost crapped when I thought I had to run through all those modes again.

On a side note, I just saw the rocket glitch in my match of zone control. Thirty seconds into the match, some guy was shooting rockets at our team.

His team lost. :)

WipedOut

I will probably be on later tonight if you want to run any then.

All the strong players were on the left side! Haha.

My offer sill stands to run PvE stuff on that character if you want, otherwise like you said, another raid and you'll be good. Golgo could be very helpful next week.

1v1 me bro in black ops bro.
Let's go, PS4!

Need one for normal KF raid at daughters

Always fun to get a couple newbies through their first raid! You really appreciate how many moving parts are in the Oryx encounter (even without the LE Knights) when you have to explain it from scratch to first timers. Your buddies did a great job picking it up so quickly. Daughters and Oryx can be a serious headache sometimes but they knocked them out fast all things considered.

Oryx encounter is quite good the first few times precisely because it's fun to keep track of all those details. But it's also the least repeatable encounter across all Destiny raids. Not only are you locked into 10 minutes minimum for a perfect run, but those 10 minutes consist of 4 identical 2.5 minute cycles. The requisite precision that kept you on your toes initially feels like a straight jacket once the fight is thoroughly understood. /repeating myself rant

Always fun to get a couple newbies through their first raid! You really appreciate how many moving parts are in the Oryx encounter (even without the LE Knights) when you have to explain it from scratch to first timers. Your buddies did a great job picking it up so quickly. Daughters and Oryx can be a serious headache sometimes but they knocked them out fast all things considered.

Oryx encounter is quite good the first few times precisely because it's fun to keep track of all those details. But it's also the least repeatable encounter across all Destiny raids. Not only are you locked into 10 minutes minimum for a perfect run, but those 10 minutes consist of 4 identical 2.5 minute cycles. The requisite precision that kept you on your toes initially feels like a straight jacket once the fight is thoroughly understood. /repeating myself rant

Yeah, I was pretty surprised how well they did. One of them didn't have much raiding experience in general and has barely played Year 2, the other's played a lot but hasn't been able to run KF yet. I haven't had that much KF experience myself except the past few weeks since I've found a reset group. It's amazing how easy everything is, but just mechanically demanding. I never could have explained everything.

Hey destiny people.

How's it going? I checked out when the division came out but how's all the new stuff?

April update was cool, not a lot of content but they finally fixed the TTK progression system (mostly). The new stuff like Challenge of Elders, the new strike, quest line, new gear, some more recycled Year 1 exotics, etc. won't keep you busy for too long. Plus the Crucible is at an all-time level of sweatiness, whether due to thin population or SBMM or whatever. For many people around here Trials is the only thing that really keeps long term interest.

That said it's definitely worth checking out at least a little bit. You've got plenty of time before the next real content addition finally drops later this year (mid-September presumably).

Arrrammis

Hey Gaf! Does anyone want to run the Vault of Glass raid for fun? I don't really care about normal or hard mode, I just want to go back and relive my favorite raid in Destiny! There's no light level requirement, although you should probably be at least lvl. 27 overall.
PSN: Arrrammis

EloquentM

aka Mannny

In the "Raid Along" twitch segment they noted that the methodology for the raid was to have tight mechanics, and that it was something the designer believed was a good thing. like you I tend to disagree, and I'm hoping for this next raid there is a lot more room for impromptu strategy, but we will see. I think for all intents and purposes KF was in the right direction of spectacle for a raid unlike Crota, however I hope they are able to find that mechanic/freedom of strategy dynamic that VoG had for things like Templar, Gate keeper, and Atheon, without it resorting to DPS-fest.

Top Bottom