• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Arrrammis

Man, putting on the old VoG gear and heading there on patrol... the nostalgia hits hard.
H2vTWtz.jpg

Ahhh VoG....that shitty sniper didn't drop until a couple weeks before TTK...which therefore it became useless.....took me an entire fucking year for that sniper and it has the gale to drop right then and there?

Silent burning rage 😞

Ahhh VoG....that shitty sniper didn't drop until a couple weeks before TTK...which therefore it became useless.....silent burning rage 😞

Lol I'm pretty sure you're the only OG DGAF'er whose VoG white whale was Praedyths Revenge. Most people like Lik had Fatebringer, I believe Twilight had Vision of Confluence, Hawkian had Praetorians Foil (many other folks had Foil too cause it was so rare).

Mine was Praedyths Timepiece which was also a common white whale since I think Foil and Timepiece were the two rarest drops.

Drunk confession: After all the times doing the raid, I still don't understand what the fuck is going on at Oryx. Like, why are we doing all this shit? Why doesn't he just pour a bucket of water on us and call it a night?

hoggert

Drunk confession: After all the times doing the raid, I still don't understand what the fuck is going on at Oryx. Like, why are we doing all this shit? Why doesn't he just pour a bucket of water on us and call it a night?

Hive grandaddy traditions and laws.

The guardians kinda fuck with the order of things thou. If you read the Grimoire card, Toland is like wtf did you just do.

ocean

Banned
Lol I'm pretty sure you're the only OG DGAF'er whose VoG white whale was Praedyths Revenge. Most people like Lik had Fatebringer, I believe Twilight had Vision of Confluence, Hawkian had Praetorians Foil (many other folks had Foil too cause it was so rare).

Mine was Praedyths Timepiece which was also a common white whale since I think Foil and Timepiece were the two rarest drops.

The Foil is a lie Drizzay, it doesn't exist.

Anybody who says they have one is just lying to make me think I'm nuts.

hoggert

Sounds like something I should do while sober, since I don't even do the raid sober anymore.
Yeah, I can't fucking remember where I read everything but the podcast with Seth Dickson, parts of the Raid-along with Bungie, and "kings fall lore reddit" should kinda explain the rest. I have been reading a lot because I haven't done the Raid yet but plan to do it soon (for the first time since August I have a stable internet connection) so have been reading up on all the shit I've missed.
The Foil is a lie Drizzay, it doesn't exist.

Anybody who says they have one is just lying to make me think I'm nuts.
I was in a terrible Tower pug once where two foils dropped after nearly an hour of wiping due to people with no mics/no idea. I didn't even think two foils could drop but I guess VoG HM is two rolls on the combined loot table? Or maybe my memory sucks. The guy ended up sharding both since he already had one.

Mindlog

Foil was my whale.
I always wondered why Foil and Found Verdict were Solar and Arc yet Revenge was the Void weapon. Sniping minotaurs seemed like a confusing proposition so I never worried about the Foil because my Void Wizard 77 was freaking amazing.

I need to run normal VoG eventually. Sharded all my Glass Minuets somehow before archiving became active.

I was in a terrible Tower pug once where two foils dropped after nearly an hour of wiping due to people with no mics/no idea. I didn't even think two foils could drop but I guess VoG HM is two rolls on the combined loot table? Or maybe my memory sucks. The guy ended up sharding both since he already had one.

Yep, clearing HM VoG without having done NM would give two pulls from the HM VoG table. So you could get two Foils from Oracles, two Fatebringers from Templar, two helmets from Atheon etc. The HM table included all possible loot for each given encounter so you could also get two "normal" drops like two Found Verdicts.

Reminds me of when I helped some Tower scrubs through VoG. One first timer got Fatebringer while the other got Foil. They couldn't have cared less, lol. It meant nothing to them.

Edit: fwiw I still have the full VoG weapon set
besides Epilogue which I sharded for losing a bet
and full Titan armor set.

Yeah the hunt for a Foil was a long one, still think it took me longer to get the stupid bond from Crota's End, ran that thing every week up until two weeks before TK when it finally dropped.

Well guys, I think I'm on hiatus for a bit.

I got lucky and hit 335 yesterday with a helmet from Variks/Challenge of Elders.

I've got a nice Tier 11 set (not going to try super hard for Tier 12) as well.

Games with the wife have gotten worse as you all can imagine. I can't blame her either. If I was a 1.8 K/D player normally, but was lucky to get a 0.8 K/D every time I played with her, I'd probably hate it as well.

Here's hoping Overwatch does something better for us.

P.S. Feel free to play Overwatch with me on PS4.

What's overwatch? (i should youtube it, duh. But i fell off the Division hype train and PvZ:GW2 is about to get nerfed to hell so i need another fix).

What's overwatch? (i should youtube it, duh. But i fell off the Division hype train and PvZ:GW2 is about to get nerfed to hell so i need another fix).

It's a Team Fortress-esque class based FPS, with various objective game modes (classes include attacker, defender, healer, tank, sniper etc). You pick a "hero" to play kinda like League, teams of 6 try to pick heros to balance complementary abilities. So you could have a tank soak up damage while a healer keeps him alive and frees up attackers to get kills/push the objective.

The heros all have unique "supers" kinda like Destiny but the focus is on playing the right role for your class to support the team. Each hero is relatively simple but there's a lot of depth to how 6 heros interact on a team.

HUDless would have been amazing 😉

.... now I really wanna do an all-HUDless full VoG sometime soon .....

Foil and time piece were my whales, I had at least 3-6 of all other VoG weapons before I got 1 of each. I've since had many duplicates

Seemed like once you got one, you many of the others, I had probably 6 praedethys before I got a fatebringer

let's do that at reset tomorrow instead of King's Fail.

I'd be totally down for this. Even if we just substituted one run or something.
Of course persuading the Jigga-Factor will be easier said than done, lol

Foil and time piece were my whales, I had at least 3-6 of all other VoG weapons before I got 1 of each. I've since had many duplicates

Seemed like once you got one, you many of the others, I had probably 6 praedethys before I got a fatebringer

I've heard about so many people (including myself) having the same experience. Takes forever for your first drop, but the duplicates start pouring in immediately after that. It's probably another one of those "observation bias" trends but I've heard the same story enough times by now to at least make me curious if there's something more to it.

the_id

I don't have necrochasm.
I don't have Gjallahorn.
I don't have Fatebringer.

I sharded Thorn for the 2 exotic shards though.

E92 M3

It is becoming harder and harder to know if it is a result of Bungie messing with settings, or if it is the ever decreasing playerbase that are making matches laggier and sweatier than ever.

SirD made a good point about this: with SBMM it never feels like the player is improving. It's just a constant grind with no psychological rewards.

The true sign of not being a Year 1 player :)

In my case, new to PS4 Destiny lol.

45 templar clears and I have one Fatebringer to show for it. It took me 48 or 49 lootable hard Crota kills to get the Crux.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I still don't have a Foil :-/

Axoman

Add me to the no foil club. Got multiples of everything else, but never a foil. Would sill like to get one someday.

I remember playing one time with xbox gaffer panama chief and he was using it when getting teleported and just destroying the oracles with it. That's when my desire to get one really kicked in.

Matt Frost

If you want a Vex Mythoclast jump to the void as soon as you kill Atheon... still works as a friend got his first yesterday (and was a 1 year one player like me)

shermas

Any xbros want to help me with the high score fireteam part of the 'impress lord Shaxx' bounty?

Never got around to doing some of these crucible quests and I never play on a team. If so, GT: Shermas.

glaurung

Hey guys I need one more helper for a quick normal King's Fall. Carrying some dudes, one guy's first time etc.

PSN glaurung if you got the time to spare.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Hand cannons are stupid OP now. Snipers are still broken. Bungie tried to tame them by reducing ammo. LOL Still have ridiculous aim assist and lack of flinching.

Bungie can't balance a sandbox to save their life anymore.

zewone

Hand cannons are stupid OP now. Snipers are still broken. Bungie tried to tame them by reducing ammo. LOL Still have ridiculous aim assist and lack of flinching.

Bungie can't balance a sandbox to save their life anymore.

What's wrong with hand cannons?

The number one problem with PVP is the aim assist on snipers. I've been saying this since TTK released.

They were absolutely fine before then. No idea why they changed it and won't change it back.

GutZ31

I still don't have a Foil :-/

Out of hundreds of VoG runs, I have only managed to acquire 2(two) Praetorian Foil's.

On the other hand, out of hundreds of VoG runs, I have acquired well over 24 Praedyths Revenge sniper rifles.

The only gun I found almost as rare as the fusion rifle was Praedyths Timepiece, managing to get it a whopping 3 times!

Edit Top of Page:

Top Bottom