• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

E92 M3

What's wrong with hand cannons?

The number one problem with PVP is the aim assist on snipers. I've been saying this since TTK released.

They were absolutely fine before then. No idea why they changed it and won't change it back.

I think it's to stop asking for nerfs and actually get Bungie to do something positive for the crucible. Go back and watch Y1 clips - it was fast and chaotic. Every play style had a niche. These days, it's all about team shooting and chilling in the back.

aarcane

My VoG white whale was Vision of Confluence. Atheon kept dropping the Vex for me, a few Epliogues (but not until after I'd got the Thorn bounty done, damn him) and more shards and Chatterwhite than I was able to count. But no bloody Vision.

Also, I sharded a Timepiece during a vault purge because I'm an idiot.

Iceman829

When Thorn was tossed out in Y2 it allowed snipers to take full charge of the game. Thorn was the 1 gun that made all those damn snipers in Y1 piss their pants and run away as soon as they were hit, but it is what it is. Enjoy the Doctrine of Piss / Sniper meta

Trakan

What's wrong with hand cannons?

The number one problem with PVP is the aim assist on snipers. I've been saying this since TTK released.

They were absolutely fine before then. No idea why they changed it and won't change it back.

It was the range patch. Just revert that shit, it doesn't even do much for TTK on anything but autorifles anyway.

SgtCobra

When Thorn was tossed out in Y2 it allowed snipers to take full charge of the game. Thorn was the 1 gun that made all those damn snipers in Y1 piss their pants and run away as soon as they were hit, but it is what it is. Enjoy the Doctrine of Piss / Sniper meta
1 step forward 2 backwards. The constant hardscoping coupled with their godawful MM system has killed all my interest in the pvp. What the hell was Bungie thinking when adding some of the best snipers in the game in the april update? They really love the current MLG montage worthy sniper meta.
I like that they added some good hand cannons so that the weapon type gets their chance to shine though.

Matt Frost

My VoG white whale was Vision of Confluence. Atheon kept dropping the Vex for me, a few Epliogues (but not until after I'd got the Thorn bounty done, damn him) and more shards and Chatterwhite than I was able to count. But no bloody Vision.

Also, I sharded a Timepiece during a vault purge because I'm an idiot.

Suros DIS 43 is the new Vision. Get it from the weaponsmith

Is Bungie. Follow this rule when in front of something Bungie: Always nerf the player experience. Dont let the player have fun (removing all Y1 weapons is a great way)

RIP Thorn

Bane of Sniper noobs
Destroyer of Hawkmoon
Conqueror of Trials

E92 M3

I wish! That way I would ensure the game is great, fun, balanced and most important of all: that the player has something to do! Not releasing a meaningless update that is done in a week is a start. Then, everything...

Update wasn't meaningless at all, Matty. Made the player experience so much more enjoyable with 1:1 infusion (one of my biggest TTK complaints). Now I can just play and optimize my characters without hoarding trash.

I love it.

Matt Frost

Update wasn't meaningless at all, Matty. Made the player experience so much more enjoyable with 1:1 infusion (one of my biggest TTK complaints). Now I can just play and optimize my characters without hoarding trash.

I love it.

Matty xD xD Yeah, I upgraded from 320 to 330 inmediately, then even from 320 to 335... Then, three chars at 335... then got the rest, two weeks in, a new update is needed... meaningless, maybe... way too short more like it...

E92 M3

Matty xD xD Yeah, I upgraded from 320 to 330 inmediately, then even from 320 to 335... Then, three chars at 335... then got the rest, two weeks in, a new update is needed... meaningless, maybe... way too short more like it...

Chasing max level is the least interesting part. Optimizing the character for stats and aesthetics is the real goal for me. Personally, I like having all of my stuff and not actually chasing anything.

When I started grinding out my rumble wins I decided to save the clip of each match. I'm currently in the process of uploading them and watching a few. It is definitely teaching me a lot about my playstyle and that when I am in the groove I can pull off some epic plays. But I am also prone to massive lapses in concentration.

My plan is to go through all these victory videos and get a few stats. What weapons give me success, what killed me the most. How many matches did I win without getting a heavy crate etc.

I'm only at 36 wins so far though

Chasing max level is the least interesting part. Optimizing the character for stats and aesthetics is the real goal for me. Personally, I like having all of my stuff and not actually chasing anything.

I think that's why Bungie made getting 335 so easy with this update.

Honestly though, at this point in this games life cycle, what can we really expect in these small free updates? Bungie already made bank with TTK expansion and all these small updates are about is keeping its hardcore fans playing. They know their big paid expansions are the ones that really bring back the player base and that's why the biggest PvE and PvP changes will be included in those.

What really hurts this games pvp is the stupid sbmm, Bungie not wanting seperated pvp/PvE balance, and no dedicated servers. I don't expect dedicated servers even when Destiny 2 comes out and them separating the pvp/PvE meta is also a pipe dream but the mess that is sbmm needs and can be fixed.

Trakan

I think that's why Bungie made getting 335 so easy with this update.

Honestly though, at this point in this games life cycle, what can we really expect in these small free updates? Bungie already made bank with TTK expansion and all these small updates are about is keeping its hardcore fans playing. They know their big paid expansions are the ones that really bring back the player base and that's why the biggest PvE and PvP changes will be included in those.

What really hurts this games pvp is the stupid sbmm, Bungie not wanting seperated pvp/PvE balance, and no dedicated servers. I don't expect dedicated servers even when Destiny 2 comes out and them separating the pvp/PvE meta is also a pipe dream but the mess that is sbmm needs and can be fixed.

What hurts the game is the balance updates are 6 months to a year apart. If broken things were getting addressed weekly/monthly, it wouldn't be a problem.

Smurfmantrout is live

CjKozQRWsAE-Hko.jpg

What hurts the game is the balance updates are 6 months to a year apart. If broken things were getting addressed weekly/monthly, it wouldn't be a problem.

Yep its stupid that we have these large scale changes dropped on us with no real world (or even in house it seems at times) testing, then we have to suffer it for half a year

Yah I would LOVE that they would balance this game every week but again that goes back to this game being out for almost 3 years now and Bungie probably at the point where these free updates to them are enough. I mean they have even said for us to go play other games...

Do I agree with it? Hell no. I would rather them update this game every week because IMO it's still the best feeling FPS game since this current gen hit.

I just preordered Overwatch though..hype got to me and I loved the beta because I used to love TF2.

I just preordered Overwatch though..hype got to me and I loved the beta because I used to love TF2.
I haven't been this hyped for a shooter since maybe destiny haha. The beta felt soooo good. Also, I just looked and apparently it goes live in 2 and a half hours at 6 instead of midnight. I got so happy when I saw that haha.

BLCKATK

Hey DGAF!

Since it's Golgoroth challenge this week was thinking of putting a raid together. Luna_Wolfey, some of you know her, hasn't done the challenge modes yet. We got Warpriest down, so Golgoroth is next! It's been awhile since she's done Oryx as well so I'll be giving her a refresher course but help is always appreciated, sometimes I suck at explaining.

King's Fall Hard Mode Full Run (Challenge as well)
Start time: Tuesday 3 PM EST

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey

Arrrammis

Hey DGAF!

Since it's Golgoroth challenge this week was thinking of putting a raid together. Luna_Wolfey, some of you know her, hasn't done the challenge modes yet. We got Warpriest down, so Golgoroth is next! It's been awhile since she's done Oryx as well so I'll be giving her a refresher course but help is always appreciated, sometimes I suck at explaining.

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
I'd love to run with you, but get home from work until 6:00 P.M. EST. If you are still around then and need another hand, hit me up!

CLBridges

The majority of my PSN FL is GAF from over the years of different games. I say that to say farewell for now cause everybody's gonna be playing Overwatch except me lol.

On another note, I've been doing fairly decent in PvP with my Eyasluna, maybe I got moved down to a lower skill tier, been having fun though.

Hey DGAF!

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
I'll join. Only did Golg CM once, though.

LooneyLMD on psn.

phen0m24

Lol I'm pretty sure you're the only OG DGAF'er whose VoG white whale was Praedyths Revenge. Most people like Lik had Fatebringer, I believe Twilight had Vision of Confluence, Hawkian had Praetorians Foil (many other folks had Foil too cause it was so rare).

Mine was Praedyths Timepiece which was also a common white whale since I think Foil and Timepiece were the two rarest drops.

I'm sorry who is this posting? Dat Boguester allowing someone else to post on his account? :p

Mindlog

I've had ~many beers since my last post and we're still on the same page :(
going to go back and get my 9k CoE on my titan. If anyone wants an easy run holla at ya boiz.

Drizzay!!!!

Change it back, this feels weird. Where is boguester? Who is gonna make the OT's now? Are we doomed?

Jk, its been a long time coming doctor

Can't believe it, year 2 and we're still getting new members.

Have you tried a raid yet?

Sad day, hopefully you're wife understands

I'm sorry who is this posting? Dat Boguester allowing someone else to post on his account? :p

lol :p long time lurker, first time poster Kappa

I'm sad to see Boguester go but it's for the best. Thankfully Mrs Drizzay is always supportive.

Why would you change. I don't like change

tumblr_mx6o1edLmq1s0sn5co2_500.gif

haha change is scary, that's for sure. Honestly I should have done it a long time ago just to make it easier for new players to find me on PSN for raids, trials, etc. Besides, everyone calls me Drizz/Drizzay even in the thread. If I'm still around by the end of Destiny's 10-year-plan then maybe it'll be like a DGAF trivia question.

RIP General Rubenov ;_;7

NeOak

Lol I'm pretty sure you're the only OG DGAF'er whose VoG white whale was Praedyths Revenge. Most people like Lik had Fatebringer, I believe Twilight had Vision of Confluence, Hawkian had Praetorians Foil (many other folks had Foil too cause it was so rare).

Mine was Praedyths Timepiece which was also a common white whale since I think Foil and Timepiece were the two rarest drops.

I still don't have a Foil :-/

Hawkian was the last one to quote Drizz as "The Player Formerly Known as Boguester"

Hawkian was the last one to quote Drizz as "The Player Formerly Known as Boguester"

lol let us engrave that post in marble to commemorate it for the ages

btw there were 84 posts for all of Monday's 24 hours (EST). I wonder what the record is.... I can't wait for Destiny to be #greatagain.

SpecX

Shit this place has really died out. There's nearly 12 hours from the first to last post on this page. Anyone doing the nightfall bfore the reset?

Top Bottom