• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ocean

Banned
So according to that sticky thread on Gaming side, GAF is nearing 100,000,000 posts.

We've got around 800,000 posts in the OTs. Add in beta, alpha, withdrawal, news, controversy, DLC, employee drama etc threads and I'm thinking we might be in the ballpark of a million Destiny-related posts on GAF.

So something approximating 1% of every post ever on GAF is tied to this digital crack. Considering how long this forum has been around and how varied discussions are and how many games release every year, having a single title (a new IP at that) make up ~1% of total posts just seemed surprisingly high to me.

chur

So according to that sticky thread on Gaming side, GAF is nearing 100,000,000 posts.

We've got around 800,000 posts in the OTs. Add in beta, alpha, withdrawal, news, controversy, DLC, employee drama etc threads and I'm thinking we might be in the ballpark of a million Destiny-related posts on GAF.

So something approximating 1% of every post ever on GAF is tied to this digital crack. Considering how long this forum has been around and how varied discussions are and how many games release every year, having a single title (a new IP at that) make up ~1% of total posts just seemed surprisingly high to me.

We're at 204 million+ posts. You can see the actual post count in the URL when looking at individual posts or when quoting people.

psylah

Imprecation quest is the worst. That white 260 gun is such garbage. It fires slow as hell and takes 4 headshots to kill someone. I need 7 pvp headshot kills in 1 game and I can't do it, it's terrible.

Eyasluna on the other hand is great. Love it.

E92 M3

Same here as well with "The first season pass I think I 100% regret jumping on"... I was hyped into buying it... never again DestinyGAF

My rule for season passes is to not buy it until the first DLC is out. In fact, I never bought any season passes because it turned out to not be worth it. Exempt from that is the season pass that came with the Destiny collector's edition.

Imprecation quest is the worst. That white 260 gun is such garbage. It fires slow as hell and takes 4 headshots to kill someone. I need 7 pvp headshot kills in 1 game and I can't do it, it's terrible.

If possible find a willing friend and load into Classic Rumble, as long as he's cool w letting you kill him. The only trick is trying to find each other on the map before running into too many enemies. But it's pretty easy, lots of people finished the quest that way because of how bad the Imprecation is.

BLCKATK

Does anyone have a Warpiest or Totems Checkpoint I can grab?

One more spot to fill on this raid. Starting in one hour.

Hey DGAF!

Since it's Golgoroth challenge this week was thinking of putting a raid together. Luna_Wolfey, some of you know her, hasn't done the challenge modes yet. We got Warpriest down, so Golgoroth is next! It's been awhile since she's done Oryx as well so I'll be giving her a refresher course but help is always appreciated, sometimes I suck at explaining.

King's Fall Hard Mode Full Run (Challenge as well)
Start time: Tuesday 3 PM EST

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. LooneyLMD
4. Boombloxer
5. WeTaHa

My rule for season passes is to not buy it until the first DLC is out. In fact, I never bought any season passes because it turned out to not be worth it. Exempt from that is the season pass that came with the Destiny collector's edition.

I'm a sucker for season passes. But only if I enjoy the base game. Even so the only one I regret getting is the division. The base game is so good. Then you get to 30 and it is just meh. I may go back to it when everything is out and I'm bored of destiny and my backlog.

I bought drive club season pass day1 and it was probably one of the best supported ones around. I also got kill zone shadow fall season pass and that kept me hooked long enough to get the platinum

shermas

Crucible peeps... I FINALLY finished the quests to open up the weekly crucible bounties and I have a question.

So, I picked up the True Meaning of War bounty, but it's already marked as completed... ? Did I mess up? I don't want to turn it in yet because I haven't started any of the walk up bounties (win 7 matches, etc) yet. Any help??

Shiv47

I'm a sucker for season passes. But only if I enjoy the base game. Even so the only one I regret getting is the division. The base game is so good. Then you get to 30 and it is just meh. I may go back to it when everything is out and I'm bored of destiny and my backlog.

I bought drive club season pass day1 and it was probably one of the best supported ones around. I also got kill zone shadow fall season pass and that kept me hooked long enough to get the platinum

The last one I bought was Arkham Knight, mainly because I loved Arkham City (the first game I ever bothered to platinum- the only other? Destiny), so I felt like it was a good risk. I found that by the time Knight had come out, that I no longer had the patience to do all the challenge mode stuff, and certainly not the driving challenges. The story DLC is merely okay, what little I've played of it, but not worth what I paid. My general attitude now is to avoid passes until I know exactly what's included. If that means waiting for a game of the year edition, so be it. There's too much stuff to play as it is to worry about missing something for a few months.

Crucible peeps... I FINALLY finished the quests to open up the weekly crucible bounties and I have a question.

So, I picked up the True Meaning of War bounty, but it's already marked as completed... ? Did I mess up? I don't want to turn it in yet because I haven't started any of the walk up bounties (win 7 matches, etc) yet. Any help??

Nah you didn't mess up, you've probably finished Iron Banner bounties in the past and for some reason they count towards the true meaning of war bounty even if it hasn't been picked up.

Turn it in then complete the other bounties if you want, they will count towards the true meaning of war you can pick up next week.

Turn it in and you'll get the reward any others you complete will go towards next weeks

Adahn

Anyone fancy a Coe run? My last couple with lfg people have been interesting, and I figured I'd try to stop lurking and play something with some gaf players. PSN, Adahn82

If possible find a willing friend and load into Classic Rumble, as long as he's cool w letting you kill him. The only trick is trying to find each other on the map before running into too many enemies. But it's pretty easy, lots of people finished the quest that way because of how bad the Imprecation is.
I feel like I'm one of the few people that actually did the imprecation stuff legit, AND I did it twice(I did it on a friends to get it for him). And a few days later I learned about the rumble cheese. That hand cannon is the absolute worst.

Thanks guys. Kind of cool you can work on it during the week and it'll count toward the next reward.

They can be a real war of attrition to complete some weeks, its the only thing in the game that has brought me to the verge of tears of rage. One thing to bare in mind is weekly IB bounties go towards it as well so if you start each week at 4/5 (as I do) completing all the IB weeklies will mean the next week you'll be sitting at 2/5

I always leave my IB weeklies as I can quickly do the 2 x 1500pts bounty straight away then the rest at my leisure

ch4fx_

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I didn't get the season pass for The Division. I picked the game up on a whim at launch & thought to myself, "I'll get the season pass once I figure out if I like the game or not". I ended up REALLY liking the game but, out of pure laziness, never got the season pass. I had been looking forward to 1.2 for a while and now that it's out, my desire to play the game has pretty much diminished & all I can think about is Destiny & more Destiny.

I realized that, being a Year 2 player (& on the late end of that), I have SO much left to do in this game (Destiny). I have a ton of quest lines unfinished, my fraction are at a laughable level, I have a few trophies left to chase before I become a Guardian Lord, & the new progressive loot system/1:1 infusion makes it plausible to get any/all loot I like to max level. Not to mention I really like helping people & my Guardian is slowly becoming adequately leveled to where I can confidently offer (PvE) help, rather than always being carried -- so that's a whole nother road I can & am looking forward to venturing down.

I'm sure I will hop on The Division from time to time simply to play with various friends I made that play the game, but unfortunately I think I burnt myself out on the game while most normal people stepped away to take a break.

thanks for reading. slow work day & I didn't want to shit up the divisions ot with my negativity.. so I thought I'd post here & praise destiny a bit.

Top Bottom