• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

They can be a real war of attrition to complete some weeks, its the only thing in the game that has brought me to the verge of tears of rage. One thing to bare in mind is weekly IB bounties go towards it as well so if you start each week at 4/5 (as I do) completing all the IB weeklies will mean the next week you'll be sitting at 2/5

I always leave my IB weeklies as I can quickly do the 2 x 1500pts bounty straight away then the rest at my leisure

I have a bunch of IB bounties (daily and weekly) on all 3 guys because I didn't need to turn them in last time, so I guess that's why I got the 'free' loot right when I accepted the 'True Meaning' bounty.

I rarely raid (Xbox one) and I'm running out of quests on all my guys... After the NF and (ever increasingly boring) CoE each week, it'll be fun to have the Shaxx bounties to plug away on.

shermas

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I didn't get the season pass for The Division. I picked the game up on a whim at launch & thought to myself, "I'll get the season pass once I figure out if I like the game or not". I ended up REALLY liking the game but, out of pure laziness, never got the season pass. I had been looking forward to 1.2 for a while and now that it's out, my desire to play the game has pretty much diminished & all I can think about is Destiny & more Destiny.

I realized that, being a Year 2 player (& on the late end of that), I have SO much left to do in this game (Destiny). I have a ton of quest lines unfinished, my fraction are at a laughable level, I have a few trophies left to chase before I become a Guardian Lord, & the new progressive loot system/1:1 infusion makes it plausible to get any/all loot I like to max level. Not to mention I really like helping people & my Guardian is slowly becoming adequately leveled to where I can confidently offer (PvE) help, rather than always being carried -- so that's a whole nother road I can & am looking forward to venturing down.

I'm sure I will hop on The Division from time to time simply to play with various friends I made that play the game, but unfortunately I think I burnt myself out on the game while most normal people stepped away to take a break.

thanks for reading. slow work day & I didn't want to shit up the divisions ot with my negativity.. so I thought I'd post here & praise destiny a bit.

I appreciate this post and totally agree.

I took a break from Destiny for a bit when the Division hit and honestly, playing that game just made me realize what Destiny has done right... Massive took all the fun out of Division with that crafting decision and the amount of RNG made getting a perfect build/load out seem like a pipe dream.

Sure, I'm a little tired of farming the same strikes over and over, but the community, the Reddit board, the epic come from behind finishes in crucible or last second revives during a NF make up for it. Destiny has provided way more entertainment, for me, than any other game I can recall.

I took a break from Destiny for a bit when the Division hit and honestly, playing that game just made me realize what Destiny has done right... Massive took all the fun out of Division with that crafting decision and the amount of RNG made getting a perfect build/load out seem like a pipe dream.

Sure, I'm a little tired of farming the same strikes over and over, but the community, the Reddit board, the epic come from behind finishes in crucible or last second revives during a NF make up for it. Destiny has provided way more entertainment, for me, than any other game I can recall.

Only reason I got the Destiny DLC was because I had enough friends to play with. I went 2 months on Division without a single friend playing. Most played for the month, then stopped. I just got bored and put it down (I was hoping I could use a stealth approach with the marksman, but having a silencer makes no sense when dropping one enemy from afar STILL gives away your position to every other enemy in the room).

Phoenix coins were so aggravating. Seriously, the cost doubles every re-roll on gear? And the gear customization is so bland (you can hardly see any difference, and I'm sure were all aware of the character customization disappointment).

I knew from the beginning I wasn't gonna buy the DLC for that. And even now, I'm holding out on the DLC on PvZ:GW2 until they stop nerfing shit.

WeTeHa

I have wayyyy too many special weapons at 335 ready for infusing. Just counted, and there are 14 335 special weapons in my vault as infusion fodder and every special weapon that I use is already at max. I even leveled up shotguns, fusions and sidearms I don't use :p

I'm actually thinking about infusing 2 additional spindles to 335 so I don't have to switch stuff around anymore.

Frenden

Banned
Who all here got Overwatch for the PS4? I almost went PC, but figured there'd be a PS4 Destiny/Overwatch venn diagram crossover.

Arrrammis

Starting up another nightfall since the previous group filled up, join in if you're interested!
PSN: Arrrammis

Edit: Finished, now offline

What are we chopped liver?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got booted. It's taking me like a billion years to sign back in. Between that and PSN being stupid at times I wish Microsoft got their shit together and won this gen. I never had this many problems with Live ever. I have more problems with PSN in a month than Live since it first came out.

Got booted. It's taking me like a billion years to sign back in. Between that and PSN being stupid at times I wish Microsoft got their shit together and won this gen. I never had this many problems with Live ever. I have more problems with PSN in a month than Live since it first came out.

Our doors are always open and our donuts are always fresh.

Ahh. Played 1 pvp daily now that I'm back and it felt good. Almost a 4.0 on Rift and 1/1 score. I swear playing Overwatch helps me with this game. I feel like everyone moves so slow haha. TRIALS, PLZ COME BACK FRIDAY!

First time running into that rocket ammo glitch. Hopefully it will be the last. I think they should just ditch heavy ammo altogether in crucible if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T29qvkdIA9E&feature=youtu.be

LOL wow. Let's see if he gets hit with the ban hammer.

FiraB

Banned
How may weeks has it been since content release? Finally got all that desolate gear for that twitching emote, all that's left is the taken ship now.

Matt Frost

And Bungie will break another part of the game, as usual. Never seen Destiny run flawlessly without a glitch... and now that I am playing Overwatch... damn, the PVP in Destiny sucks... the LAG, oh the horrors of the LAG...

Ji66a-Man

Finally got around to editing this clip from last week's reset scrubbing. It's a good way to scare fireteam members who haven't seen this before.

JmUfzud.gif

Top Bottom