• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

deviant1

Can ghost shells drop from Iron Banner? Despite having all 3 of my characters in the 329-331 range my 320 ghost shell is holding me back.

Finally got around to editing this clip from last week's reset scrubbing. It's a good way to scare fireteam members who haven't seen this before.

JmUfzud.gif

Are you Sh*ting me?

I'm starting to play super casually again (as always), and caught wind that you can no longer get exotics in crucible matches. I stopped playing just before last Halloween's event ended. Any place to go to get a roundup of changes since I've been away? Is there more than the big April update that happened?

The April update is the main (permanent) thing they've added. Since that Halloween event, most of the other updates have been short-term "seasonal events" that aren't around anymore. Stuff like the SRL sparrow racing last winter. As for changes, most of the stuff is covered in the April update patch notes so here's a link if you want to peruse that:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44609/7_Destiny-Update---04122016

It's always tricky to answer general questions like this since there can be so many small changes that it's hard to keep track. The exotics removed from Crucible actually happened when Taken King launched back in September. Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions.

IB is up eh? Man idk, this might be the first IB where I won't be playing as much. Overwatch is just way too good and addicting.

Can ghost shells drop from Iron Banner? Despite having all 3 of my characters in the 329-331 range my 320 ghost shell is holding me back.

Yes, I got one to drop last IB.

Yes, after rank 5 (on any character).

Have you done much Challenge of Elders? They are a pretty common post-game drop. If you have a ToM, this is a good week to farm with the exposure modifier.

Deku Tree

So the Fall expansion is going to be smaller than the TTK expansion...

... so what if Destiny year 3 has less content than Destiny year 2?

... and if Luke Smith is the creative director of D2 then what if Luke is not at all involved in the Lord Salad expansion? Is the expansion gonna suffer?

Bungie probably has all hands on deck working on D2.

WeTeHa

Oh, iron banner is up? That'll make it easier to find people for the raid
not
Anybody interested in running golg challenge x2 later today? I have a golg cp. tentative start: 4pm EST.

1. weteha
2. Tick
3. pandora
4. phantom
5. Saithan
6. Darknyss

Anybody else? need 2 more I think. starting in ~30 minutes.

Lnkn52

... and if Luke Smith is the creative director of D2 then what if Luke is not at all involved in the Lord Salad expansion? Is the expansion gonna suffer?

We thought that was the case Y1 but they were really working on TTK.

Homeboyd

Explain this to me like I'm five.

How do you go about abusing ToM in CoE?
Exposure causes your health to drain a lot slower, meaning you can shoot with Malice on the last bullet for longer meaning bosses melt faster (esp if you have a weapons/blessing bubble to go along with it).

Deku Tree

Explain this to me like I'm five.

How do you go about abusing ToM in CoE?

If you want to farm for end of CoE drops then you can beat CoE in minutes with ToM.

If you want to finish a whole CoE Variks card then the ToM method takes a lot longer.

ToM Method: Two people fire ToM at the boss non-stop until death. Third person revives them. Then two people again fire ToM at the boss non-stop until death. repeat.

I wonder how it's going over there. If that kotaku article is true, where they restructured and 'rebooted' the 2nd mainline Destiny game, is it a situation where it will end up like year 1 all over again?

And whether or not they took a vertical slice from Destiny 2 and are releasing that as the rise of iron expansion...

....like, it'd be amazing to be a fly on the wall at their offices. Or get a nice, 1 hour documentary on what is happening in there that's not filtered to be spun positively.

I dunno, but my hype for Destiny 2 has gone way down until I can see the final product and say 'Ok, compared to Y1, this is better.'

ch4fx_

I'm beginning to feel "sick", I may have to postpone some things this weekend for, umm... "health reasons".

how long does IB last? 5 days?

Mindlog

First Iron Banner game with my Warlock netted a 334 chest with Disc/Str. However, the roll wasn't T12+ so I infused it into something better.

Hunters are useless part 182.
yTazTfa.gif

At 1/3 speed.

Guess I got lucky facing a low armor Hunter. They can die in 4 Vacancy bolts. The other Hunter was absolute™ when it jumped in.

Dthomp

Crap haven't played in almost a month and hadn't planned on it since I just rented Overwatch, but IB may make me boot up for some infusion pieces and hope for some good luck.

WeTeHa

There is some serious lag going on. 4 people on the enemy team get kicked mid match. Try to arcblade, connect 5 times, nothing happens, arc blade runs out. defender Titan 1-hit punches me. Backstab someone, lose melee charge and no damage dealt. pop arcblade, get 4 hits, nothing happens.

Yeeeeah...

I've always expected the fall expansion would be smaller than TTK and I share the same fear that we will be expected to hold out even longer with even less. Destiny 2 slipping has made me nervous since day one.

Shiv47

There is some serious lag going on. 4 people on the enemy team get kicked mid match. Try to arcblade, connect 5 times, nothing happens, arc blade runs out. defender Titan 1-hit punches me. Backstab someone, lose melee charge and no damage dealt. pop arcblade, get 4 hits, nothing happens.

Yeeeeah...

Sounds like business as usual.

Yeeeeah...
Wait you are saying u did not buy 5 lag free matches for 5$

hoggert

Using the Sleep Stimulant in IB because, well, I don't know. The aim assist on this thing is amazing, or the beam is just huge. Also I had no idea you could kill yourself with a ricochet lol

Dez_

Funny how Uncharted 4 multiplayer got me interested in Destiny pvp once again. Not that U4 is bad, it's really fun to move around. I just really miss shooting shit in Destiny. Hoping to get some IB in with people this week.

CLBridges

IB is a go huh? Guess I'll logon in a bit just because. I really need to stop being so frugal and buy some more games, but Destiny will do until further notice lol.

Top Bottom