• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

1) Got my first exotic class, FWC for Hunter.
1.1) But umm.... you can only have it equiped when you're pledged? LOL, that sucks. I switched allegiances when I got to rank 25. Also a silly increase when you're already 25. I understand if they have awesome weapons/gear but yea none of them do which is 1 really disappointing thing post April 12th.

2) I didn't you know you can L2 to view burns on your guns in your postmaster. There was an error when I first went into it and I saw a burn on a gun. I thought, that's new... then it disappeared when I left and came back. I tried L2 and it appeared but only while I press L2.
2.1) Also, there's sensitivity in the burn icon! The harder you press the trigger, the more the opacity. Pretty neat.

Im 10 rank ups away from my NM on my hunter. Have FWC and DO done on it already

1 rank up away from FWC on my warlord. DO already done

Titan has NM. Closing in on DO. Will start FWC afterwards.

How sad am I? 😖

Is it weird that I get more salty in Overwatch than I do in Destiny?

Why would that be weird? Most people have described OW as a more laid back, feel good alternative to Destiny seriousness but saltiness is a personal thing. The real question is if you get as hyped in OW as you do in Destiny, like when you totally freaked out for your first Mercury trip.
Kappa

Why would that be weird? Most people have described OW as a more laid back, feel good alternative to Destiny seriousness but saltiness is a personal thing. The real question is if you get as hyped in OW as you do in Destiny, like when you totally freaked out for your first Mercury trip.
Kappa

I get hyped when I bomb myself into the sky and then get ricocheted even further as Junkrat

Happy biirrrrthday!

chur

Kappa
I think it's weird because it's very easy to get salty in Destiny, due to lag or sbmm, and Overwatch seeming laid back as you said. It's just not something I was expecting to happen.

Im 10 rank ups away from my NM on my hunter. Have FWC and DO done on it already

1 rank up away from FWC on my warlord. DO already done

Titan has NM. Closing in on DO. Will start FWC afterwards.

How sad am I? 😖

I'm sad there wasn't grimoire or the light wasn't updated. 290, yuck!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Got a Destiny itch this morning and tried playing some more of the Wolves questline before work but kept getting randomly killed by "Misadventure" or "The Architects"... What the hell is that?

I'd often be just running along towards the next objective and suddenly die. Of course it was the no respawn area so I had to do the whole wave of enemies again, only to have the same thing happen twice more.

Waste of precious morning play time to say the least :/

Got a Destiny itch this morning and tried playing some more of the Wolves questline before work but kept getting randomly killed by "Misadventure" or "The Architects"... What the hell is that?

normally it's when you die by "weird" stuff like a physics glitch, falling off a map, or an exploding sparrow.

In other news I had a weird experience last night in PvP...for the first time in 2 years I enjoyed playing as a Hunter! I got a very lucky run in my game but I had a 4.0 kd (amazing for me) and actually felt like I could understand the map flow and where enemies were going to come from.

I turned on keen scout, and another perk and the difference was amazing. So much easier to track enemies around corners and pick them up in my sights. The thin slices in the radar were really useful too.

I also had a weird game on pantheon (all with randoms) where we almost won despite only having one point for the entire match. For about 5 minutes the other team would send in 1/2 players from B to try and capture our last point...similarly 4/5 of my team would constantly hang around our snipe point into B team shotting those people running in. NONE of them would try to move up and cap B when it was clear....it was the oddest thing for both teams to be doing, and it went on for most of the match.

WeTeHa

Damn, this is probably the best match I have ever played and will ever play. I think I had a 17 or 18 kill streak until the first time I died.
jMmwRtK.jpg

ch4fx_

I had a pretty good night in IB last night -- I got some 330 infusion fodder (fusion rifles), a 330 chest piece & both of the gauntlets for my Hunter. I never paid much attention to it before but I really like the hunters IB chest piece, it reminds me of the ear necklace Dolph Lundgren wore in Universal Soldier (featuring critically acclaimed badass, JCVD).

dolphears.jpg

Anywho, what perks do I want on it? Do I want the vendor one, or just look for a drop that corresponds with my weapon of choice? Does the same apply for the gauntlets as well?

I also bought the vendor Hawksaw last night before entering IB & HOLY SHIT. I went from definitely going negative each game, no question about it, to actually performing decent in some (most?) cases. Mind you I had plent of embarrassing games, but I also had plenty of games where I wasn't worried about seeing my stats at the end.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE, it's probably just the placebo effect

Good times DGAF, good times. Thanks for the games last night, hope to catch some of you online tonight as well.

Arrrammis

https://youtu.be/Jutw03e_O4U

Anyone able to help me figure out what happened here? Either this was an ridiculously laggy kill or my rocket did a lap of the map to kill this guy!

Nope, not lag. That's Truth's defining feature! It does not mess around when it says "Aggressively tracks enemies". Your rocket went under him, so if you watch the rocket before it goes out of sight, you can see it start to curve upwards to continue tracking him.The rocket continues tracking him, and since nothing go in its way, it finished the loop and killed him anyways. Reason #1 why Truth is the best rocket launcher.

Nope, not lag. That's Truth's defining feature! It does not mess around when it says "Aggressively tracks enemies". Your rocket went under him, so if you watch the rocket before it goes out of sight, you can see it start to curve upwards to continue tracking him.The rocket continues tracking him, and since nothing go in its way, it finished the loop and killed him anyways. Reason #1 why Truth is the best rocket launcher.

That is legit ridiculous! Amazed it even locked onto him.

spyder_ur

I feel like I never get Truth to lock on anymore. It's still good because of the other perks and getting minimum 3 rockets, but I never seem to activate the lock-on. Not sure why.

Oh wow, are there any numbers on the vendor percentages?

Not sure.

My gloves are 55-39 Int/Disc and they're 98% His is 57-39 Int/Disc so I'm guessing that's 100%. And his are Light 334 compared to my 335.

EDIT nevermind, I was looking at my xbox character.. RIP. They're still like 95 or 96% though.

Arrrammis

I feel like I never get Truth to lock on anymore. It's still good because of the other perks and getting minimum 3 rockets, but I never seem to activate the lock-on. Not sure why.

Hmm, it takes about one second of aiming directly at the enemy to lock on, and you can hear when it does (it starts beeping really fast).

It's also worth noting that the tracking effect lasts for a good half second after you move off of the target, so if you lock on, then flick the reticle off of your intended target, you can make the rocket do a loop to track around obstacles. I posted a few clips earlier, check it out for a laugh! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2_eisShUg (there are a few normal rocket clips in between, but you get the idea). I'm especially proud of the shots at the 2:00 mark.

Axoman

Decoded a blue heavy engram yesterday, turned into a smolder with clown cartridge.

Of course, had I gotten it sooner I most certainly would not have used it in the crucible.

E92 M3

Not sure.

My gloves are 55-39 Int/Disc and they're 98% His is 57-39 Int/Disc so I'm guessing that's 100%. And his are Light 334 compared to my 335.

EDIT nevermind, I was looking at my xbox character.. RIP. They're still like 95 or 96% though.

Ah - rather small differences.

Excellent, exactly what I wanted.

happened to me and then I realized I had a truth equipped that I hadn't levelled up for the tracking perk. lol

Mindlog

I've had like 12 Hereafters since the update and 0 Zen Meteors. Not really a big deal, but a big feh.
Vctor just got a 100% roll IB gloves for Hunter with Int/Disc, Nade throw + Pulse Rifle reload

DROOL.gif
What tool are you using for this?
I wasn't going to chase T12, but have come to realize I'm throwing away a lot of armor anyways. May as well check.

I've had like 12 Hereafters since the update and 0 Zen Meteors. Not really a big deal, but a big feh.

I wasn't going to chase T12, but have come to realize I'm throwing away a lot of armor anyways. May as well check.
Most of the major third party apps have this now... Destiny Item Manager, Tower Ghost, Ishtar Commander, etc.

If you're on mobile/tablet I highly recommend Ishtar Commander. The interface is the best, IMO. (Item stat ratings may still be in beta but it's easy to request access.)

All 4 of us from DGAF got 17 kills. Talk about even!

CjZXMt0UYAELX2t.jpg:large

Destiny Item Manager extension for Chrome. On settings, check "Enable advanced stat quality comparison features" and I Sort Items by "Stat roll percent, then Prim Stat"

QQAbUfv.png

Mindlog

Thanks.
I actually do have a few of the mobile apps, but stopped using them. Most of the time I just stream the web app from my desktop for reasons

Thanks.
I actually do have a few of the mobile apps, but stopped using them. Most of the time I just stream the web app from my desktop for reasons

One thing worth noting. If you have an item that's 290 Light @ 96% let's say. If you want that to maintain the 96%, make sure you're still as high light as you can be overall, like 330+, when you infuse it.

E92 M3

It'll be the first BWU since the Rise of Iron leak.

Guessing they won't even address it.

Haha, Deej won't even come close to that direction. Except talks about saladman and a blurb about an exciting future.

What I really want: acknowledgment about the failure that is SBMM.

Top Bottom