• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WipedOut

i just got back into this, i am level 34, is there any quick way to get strange coins before xur leaves? i think i've got like 2 at the moment🤔 i know weekly strikes used to pay them out but it's all changed since i last played.
Run PoE 28, it's a bit meh but the best way to get coins. Crucible also

i just got back into this, i am level 34, is there any quick way to get strange coins before xur leaves? i think i've got like 2 at the moment�� i know weekly strikes used to pay them out but it's all changed since i last played.

Daily Bounties can give a fair amount of coins.
Rank up packages always give 4 coins each - Factions, vanguard, crucible, Variks, etc.
PoE treasure chests can drop 3-4 coins.
Nightfall and Shaxx bounties can give strange coins as well.
Strike and crucible playlists can award 1-3 coins per game.

Anyone running a Banner train, or doing CoE?

Can do 1 card of CoE.

Anyone else?

Run PoE 28, it's a bit meh but the best way to get coins. Crucible also

Daily Bounties can give a fair amount of coins.
Rank up packages always give 4 coins each - Factions, vanguard, crucible, Variks, etc.
PoE treasure chests can drop 3-4 coins.
Nightfall and Shaxx bounties can give strange coins as well.
Strike and crucible playlists can award 1-3 coins per game.

cheers for the info guys. hopefully i can get this done today, i need those back up plans and wouldn't mind the juju😎

After a rocky start to our IB train last night we got it together and went on a nice streak. Defender Titans FTW. AoL for capping points. WoL for one body shot snipes. Both for orb creation.

Shaxx also hooked me up with a Two to the Morgue with

Field Choke/ Agg

Rangefinder
Rifled
Performance Bonus

It's a beast! I can't wait to use it in Trials this weekend.

psylah

I got a 331 Ironwreath sidearm pistol from IB and it fucking RIPS. Haven't used a sidearm since a ~290 Jabberhakke which was great but this thing is absolutely deadly.

Also, do ALL pistol sidearms spawn you with ammo in the Crucible? I thought it was just that first one you got from the Reef lady that had that perk.

People would probably find a way to abuse that:)

Only if they didnt implement it correctly. They had to make it so it had to be the same character as well so if someone leaves as a hunter they can only come back as the same hunter and if they were dead the orb has to go back to where it was and not a random spot on the map which would leave it reviveable.

aarcane

Field Choke/ Agg

Rangefinder
Rifled
Performance Bonus

Nice! I haven't got a really good Y2 legendary shotgun drop for me yet, not counting the quest Conspiracy Theory. So much crucible and I haven't had a single Party Crasher.

2real4tv

After a rocky start to our IB train last night we got it together and went on a nice streak. Defender Titans FTW. AoL for capping points. WoL for one body shot snipes. Both for orb creation.

Field Choke/ Agg

Rangefinder
Rifled
Performance Bonus

Nice can't get any better than that.

I got a 331 Ironwreath sidearm pistol from IB and it fucking RIPS. Haven't used a sidearm since a ~290 Jabberhakke which was great but this thing is absolutely deadly..

What perks does it have?

I'm a big fan of sidearms in general— favourite moments I have a clip of was murdering a sword-wielding warlock with Havoc Pigeon and then again when he stormtranced.

Also, do ALL pistol sidearms spawn you with ammo in the Crucible? I thought it was just that first one you got from the Reef lady that had that perk.

Yes, it's an intrinsic perk on all of them; hidden on some and listed on others.

Field Choke/ Agg

Rangefinder
Rifled
Performance Bonus

I got the same one with replenish and I love it. It broke my streak of getting a mountain of shotguns with no range bonuses. I was not happy about replenish but then it gave me 5 bullets two different times playing last night, so I turned happy.

ch4fx_

Do I have a chance at getting the Feedback gauntlets from the engram Xur is selling this weekend? I'm not really sure how these legacy engrams work & don't want to waste the coin if there's 0 chance of it happening.

Do I have a chance at getting the Feedback gauntlets from the engram Xur is selling this weekend? I'm not really sure how these legacy engrams work & don't want to waste the coin if there's 0 chance of it happening.

There's a chance. But of course, these engrams can roll for any class...not just the class you use to decode it.

WeTeHa

Yeah, you do. But they cost a ton of strange coins. You have a super high chance to get a year 1 exotic you don't have. So if you have all the other gloves for all classes, chances are you will get it on your first try. If you have none... your chances are pretty slim.

Number45

It's supposedly heavily biased towards things you don't already have. Certainly the weapons gave me what I needed pretty quickly.

ch4fx_

so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll probably play it safe this weekend, pick up some 3oC & hope for the best. Depending on how many coin I have at the end of the weekend I'll readdress the thought, but as is I'm missing way too many gauntlets to have a decent chance at getting what I want.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll probably play it safe this weekend, pick up some 3oC & hope for the best. Depending on how many coin I have at the end of the weekend I'll readdress the thought, but as is I'm missing way too many gauntlets to have a decent chance at getting what I want.

Ch4fx is that a selfie?

Mindlog

This just moves the punishment to those that stay in the match when their team starts to drop out. Punishing people who drop out is the only way they should be dealing with this and I'm amazed they haven't done anything about it yet.
How does that work? Force people to stay in god awful one sided matches or they can't queue up to join another god awful one sided match?

ch4fx_

Ch4fx is that a selfie?

No sir. The picture you are confused on is a screen shot from a 1994 film called Dumb & Dumber, starring Jim Carrey & Jeff Daniels. The two travel across the county to return a brief case left behind by Lloyds (Jim Carreys character) dream girl. My words will be positively bias towards the film as I absolutely love it, but Google gives a pretty good overview -- you might find it interesting. Awesome movie, definitely worth seeing 10 to 1,984 times. 10/10, will watch again.

Imbecilic best friends Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) and Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) stumble across a suitcase full of money left behind in Harry's car by Mary Swanson (Lauren Holly), who was on her way to the airport. The pair decide to go to Aspen, Colo., to return the money, unaware that it is connected to a kidnapping. As Harry and Lloyd -- who has fallen in love with Mary -- are pursued across the country by hired killers and police, they find both their friendship and their brains tested.
-- quote per Google.

Here's a link to the IMDb page for further information;
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/

Also, see the full cast here;
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc

How does that work? Force people to stay in god awful one sided matches or they can't queue up to join another god awful one sided match?
The problem is that there are people who will leave because they died in a stupid way and rage quit or they will leave when you go down by only 1000 points. I can't tell you how many times I've played rift where someone will leave after the first spark is dunked. Those people should be penalized.

Arrrammis

The problem comes when people have different opinions on what constitutes a "god awful one sided match". For some people, if the enemy gets 1-2 kills before your team gets a kill, you're obviously doomed. Then they leave, and you're outnumbered, more people leave, you're more outnumbered.There's a huge snowball effect. If they introduced some punishment for leaving a match early, you won't be put into these matches as much, because for the most part, they won't appear nearly as often.

I can honestly say that the most one-sided matches that I've played (winning or losing) was caused by one team continuously leaving. players leave, new players spawn in with no super or knowledge about the enemy team, and then the new players get massacred. Repeat cycle. The best way to stop it is to nip it in the bud: people leaving.

Dthomp

The problem is that there are people who will leave because they died in a stupid way and rage quit or they will leave when you go down by only 1000 points. I can't tell you how many times I've played rift where someone will leave after the first spark is dunked. Those people should be penalized.

This guy knows what's up! Agree 100%, I've seen alot of that in the one day of IB I've played so far

Mindlog

The problem comes when people have different opinions on what constitutes a "god awful one sided match". For some people, if the enemy gets 1-2 kills before your team gets a kill, you're obviously doomed. Then they leave, and you're outnumbered, more people leave, you're more outnumbered.There's a huge snowball effect. If they introduced some punishment for leaving a match early, you won't be put into these matches as much, because for the most part, they won't appear nearly as often.

I can honestly say that the most one-sided matches that I've played (winning or losing) was caused by one team continuously leaving. players leave, new players spawn in with no super or knowledge about the enemy team, and then the new players get massacred. Repeat cycle. The best way to stop it is to nip it in the bud: people leaving.
I can understand that. If it fixes the game for more people then that's what they should do. I just get a little tired of being the only one rushing to B then having to play the whole map locked on one point while the team valiantly struggles to defend. Don't see the the motivation to continue when it happens so often and turning that around happens so rarely. Played a game on Exodus Blue with 5 other randoms vs a team of 3 a team of 2 and 1 random. Spent the whole map solo pushing A and finally managed to flip spawns, but it was too late.

Why not reward players who stay? Give us rep and glimmer bonuses for playing with less than a full squad. A free Three of Coin perhaps.

Arrrammis

I can understand that. If it fixes the game for more people then that's what they should do. I just get a little tired of being the only one rushing to B then having to play the whole map locked on one point while the team valiantly struggles to defend. Don't see the the motivation to continue when it happens so often and turning that around happens so rarely. Played a game on Exodus Blue with 5 other randoms vs a team of 3 a team of 2 and 1 random. Spent the whole map solo pushing A and finally managed to flip spawns, but it was too late.

Why not reward players who stay? Give us rep and glimmer bonuses for playing with less than a full squad. A free Three of Coin perhaps.

I'm not sure if they should reward not playing with a group, since Bungie likes to push people to form groups for endgame activities, but I get what you're saying. Iron banner is a step better in this regard than normal crucible, since a loss nets you a medallion which gives you bonus rep on next win + a high chance of a legendary. Something more guaranteed at the end of the match, like you mentioned, would be great. Maybe add a rep increase streak like they have in the vanguard strike playlist or something like that.

Oof, got put up against a couple streamers on the final boss and lost, all because I forgot to buy my boons ):

Anyways, GGs igor and X, never playing trials on my Titan again, I made so many dumb plays that I wouldn't have done on my warlock or hunter, I just want one flawless on that character and then I'll be done with it. There's a lesson to be learned in all of this.

ALWAYS BUY YOUR BOONS
im such a hypocrite, I'm always the guy at the start of a card saying to buy the boons, but I forgot this time. RIP

NeOak

Oof, got put up against a couple streamers on the final boss and lost, all because I forgot to buy my boons ):

Anyways, GGs igor and X, never playing trials on my Titan again, I made so many dumb plays that I wouldn't have done on my warlock or hunter, I just want one flawless on that character and then I'll be done with it. There's a lesson to be learned in all of this.

ALWAYS BUY YOUR BOONS
im such a hypocrite, I'm always the guy at the start of a card saying to buy the boons, but I forgot this time. RIP

That's Karma for you.

Haha I just saw trout complaining about universal remote :p

Haha, I'm not one to complain about shit but Universal Remote is the most broken gun in the game, by far. Way beyond what Thorn was or TLW 111's

Strangely its slow on the up take

Edit Lord of Wolves has got some funky shit going on as well, considering it's range bar is zero i've seen it map people this week

You can basically ignore the range stat for LoW though as it has no damage fall off whatsoever (because it's projectile based). If you can land the shots you can shut people down from mid range with relative ease IMO.

That's Karma for you.

Wait... how is that karma? geneWut

I'm a total boon nazi. No run is gonna start without me asking about boons at least three times, lol.
RIP for me haha. I don't really care about the loot to be honest, I just have fun playing trials, the loot is just a bonus. But I freaked out when I saw we were playing streamers. I was thinking "these guys are gonna be a pain to kill" and I let that get to my head.

Edit: top page boon fail...

Top Bottom